A Possible Nyzul Uncharted Fix
First Page 2 3 4
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-07 23:06:35  
Hi everybody. The following is a replication of a thread I made on the official forums:

After some conversation with other players in this thread here, I thought up (with some suggestions) a miracle fix for Nyzul Isle Uncharted Investigation.

In its current state, the event is highly inaccessible, and this is what I and those I have conversed with believe to be the main fault of Nyzul Isle Uncharted. Thus, I would like to propose the following: a mode of Nyzul Isle Uncharted in which you climb as you did in the original Nyzul Isle Investigation.

The event I propose would be structured as follows:

• This mode of Nyzul Isle Investigation should be listed as a third option by the NPC Sorrowful Sage when selecting which assault to do. So you should see: "Nyzul Isle Investigation", "Nyzul Isle Uncharted Investigation", and then this third option right under it.

• The mechanics will be the same as the original Nyzul. You should be able to save every five floors, terminating at 100.

• The floor configurations (including normal monsters and NM's encountered) should be the same as Nyzul Uncharted. This will make the event challenging to players that are level 99.

• The reward for reaching and clearing floor 100 is one platinum astrarium, which can then be redeemed for a piece of equipment from the NPC Berangere.

• After the astrarium is redeemed, your floor progress resets and you may then repeat the process.

I believe making a mode of Nyzul as so will make the amazing equipment Nyzul Uncharted offers more accessible to players. As an added bonus, this won't prompt players to cheat or use third-party programs to gain an advantage they feel is necessary to obtain rewards. Furthermore, a mode like this is a nice meaty slab of content that will keep people busy but offer clear and visible notions of progress, something that is very important to players performing any content.

I've always enjoyed doing the original Nyzul with my Linkshell. I would love to see the glory of this event restored...and I really would like to get my hands on some of that awesome gear.

TL;DR Version:
Please make a mode of Nyzul Isle in which we can obtain platinum astraria each time we reach floor 100 but with the progression mechanics of the original Nyzul Isle.

If you agree with what I'm requesting, please, like the post on the official forums here. I really want to see something done for this event, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one.

Once again, that post is: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/32219-A-Possible-Nyzul-Uncharted-Fix.
[+]
By emerle 2013-04-07 23:17:05  
Ehh... Not a good idea. It would just be the exact same event as at 75 cap just with the new equip. If you cant beat it, find a better group and get better at it yourself.

I also noticed you only have PLD 99. Everyone knows taking a PLD along for an event like this doesnt work. If you want access to more gear/events, level another job. Not all jobs work well with every event.

If you don't wanna do either of the above suggestions, farm some gil and just buy a win.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-04-07 23:25:44  
Wouldn't it just be faster to do 5 floor 80 runs in the current system? I figure floor 80 runs have a very high success rate with almost any group, and doing a classic-style nyzul in only 5 runs would be much more difficult.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-04-07 23:50:54  
I'm in the "5 floor 80 runs" group. Changing it to the old style doesn't keep it challenging to anyone, it makes it nothing more than a grind. The idea that teamwork, ability, and convenient jumps all need to come together for it to work is the only challenge.

I also disagree with the idea that every player should get everything they want. Every player has the opportunity to get whatever they want. Not everyone has the time, skill, or support system in place - this is why there are 5 tiers of NNI gear. Newer HQ abjuration gear isn't "accessible" to me; they should make the crafted items 90% HQ so I can afford them. I just feel like giving everyone a trophy takes any value away from the trophy. And if everyone knows they can just work really hard right now, or half *** it through the course of a month, you're only rewarding the ones half-assing it.

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Wouldn't it just be faster to do 5 floor 80 runs in the current system? I figure floor 80 runs have a very high success rate with almost any group, and doing a classic-style nyzul in only 5 runs would be much more difficult.

I think what they're saying is 1-100 would be the same, you just get to save progress.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 00:03:14  
emerle said: »
...taking a PLD along for an event like this doesnt work.
If you look at the original announcement when the content was released, you'll distinctly notice a paladin donning empyrean gear in two of the little thumbnail previews of the event.

Here's the pictures:

Here's the source post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20744-February-14-2012-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=278734&viewfull=1#post278734

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
True, however, this presents a system in which no progress is made and is subjected heavily to luck. Also, it's doubtful that just any group configuration can easily reach floor 80.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-04-08 00:08:03  
suck less
[+]
By emerle 2013-04-08 00:12:48  
Just because there is a picture of something doesnt make it fesiable lol.

I guess because there is a picture of a BST in nyzul, we should start taking BSTs in now.

[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-04-08 00:18:37  
I'll see your bst, and raise you my mule. Also inlcuded: a dragon, a widowmaker af3+2 body war, and my other mule.

Inb4: you only win cause you use GM flag.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 00:19:43  
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I think what they're saying is 1-100 would be the same, you just get to save progress.
Correct. The mobs, floors, and everything would be the same as the current NNI. You would simply be able to save progress. It essentially offers two approaches to the event: speed vs. safety. Personally, I'll take a safe investment in which I can make clear progress and not reach floor 80 just to find that weapon skills have been restricted.

If this indeed would make the event I propose too easy, then they can restore the NNI mobs to their former levels to add difficulty in a way that doesn't involve making the content reliant on luck.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-08 00:20:24  
You can't be bothered to rethink your NNI strategy (i.e. not going as PLD) and SE should retool old content to cater to that?

k

Edit: I'm gonna add on a less cunty response, lol. I completed my 15/15 armor each way possible - I bought 2 pieces, did some 80 runs, and finished up my sets doing 100 runs with better groups. I did runs as either SCH and MNK. You have to be able to adapt in MMOs. It's very easy now to level another job from scratch and gear it to an acceptable standard within a month (maybe less). There's really no excuse to for this now.
[+]
By emerle 2013-04-08 00:24:43  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You can't be bothered to rethink your NNI strategy (i.e. not going as PLD) and SE should retool old content to cater to that? k

This... It gets old hearing people complain about not being able to beat content especially when they don't even want to level a job that works well in the specified content. Not all jobs will ever be able to do all the content in the game.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-08 00:28:56  
Climbing neo like old style would be so stupid. Then you could sit at floor 95 and just constantly sell wins to the lazy. that would be lame as *** 1. 2) It would defeat the purpose of the event itself. SE said not all players will be able to clear all events. Gotta rise up, work better as a team and clear it that way.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 00:30:25  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
I'll see your bst, and raise you my mule. Also inlcuded: a dragon, a widowmaker af3+2 body war, and my other mule.

Inb4: you only win cause you use GM flag.
I'm aware that the GM flag doesn't offer any significant benefits. However, after seeing this screenshot...I do think I'll take another stab at this event.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 00:33:52  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Climbing neo like old style would be so stupid. Then you could sit at floor 95 and just constantly sell wins to the lazy. that would be lame as *** 1. 2) It would defeat the purpose of the event itself. SE said not all players will be able to clear all events. Gotta rise up, work better as a team and clear it that way.
Actually, if you read the whole post, I stated that your progress would be reset each time you cleared 100.
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2013-04-08 00:39:54  
Bahamut.Sephiran said: »
Actually, if you read the whole post, I stated that your progress would be reset each time you cleared 100.
Yeah.. no thanks. Overall your idea sounds much worse than SE's idea of throwing around "luck" game play as "difficulty" factors.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-04-08 00:44:02  
I do think I'll take another stab at this event.
I strongly recommend it. Nyzul isn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be in my opinion. Many people would say "NNI IS IMPOSSIBLE AND HARD AND UNWINABLE! GIVE UP IF YOU AREN'T PERFECT!" including groups that were winning with decent consistency. This lead to groups not forming or ending up breaking when they hit the inevitable initial struggle of getting used to the event/group. I've done easily 80 wins with 5-6 different group compositions, so I know it is possible to have an ok win % with less than ideal jobs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Trow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Trow 2013-04-08 00:44:24  
Quote:
In its current state, the event is highly inaccessible

Thing is, thats how the event was intended. It wasn't made for just anyone to waltz in and get good gear. Leave it how it is and find a strategy that works for you. IMO its been nerfed enough as it is.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-08 00:46:20  

Well you contradicted yourself in your abridged version so really your intent on that portion was unclear, but w/e.
By emerle 2013-04-08 00:50:10  
I used to sell NNI wins and would take in people that had no idea what they were doing nor did they have great gear. My point to the OP was if you/the main part of your group doesnt know what to do and how to adapt to the situations that arise when you enter Nyzul, then SE doesnt need to dumb things down for you. YOU need to get better at the event and be able to think on your toes quicker.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 01:09:51  
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
"NNI IS IMPOSSIBLE AND HARD AND UNWINABLE! GIVE UP IF YOU AREN'T PERFECT!"
Actually, this is exactly what I've heard. And I've also heard that it's impossible without Fleehacks and DAT swaps; however, I do not believe this to be true.

To be fair, I had another group say I'd be fine as a client for a win if I geared like a DD and spammed CdC.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-04-08 01:20:54  
I'm convinced NNI knows if you will lose or have a chance at winning right at the start. From the moment you take your first few floor jumps and floor types, if they are ***they tend to be ***the entire way through. If they are good, they tend to be good the entire way through. NNI is mostly about luck, plain and simple. After that, your group needs to know what to do and not need their hands held all 100 floors. There is no reason it should take more than a couple minutes to do a lamp floor once all lamps around found, even with the worst luck in guesses if you know how to do lamps.

My first 4-5 wins came with me on BLU and with NO SCH (RDM and BRD, because none of us had SCH geared yet). We didn't win anywhere near every run and it was actually more like 1 in 15 runs. But this is what we had and it worked enough to get me full Phorcys about the time I finished my Ragnarok and our RDM fully geared his SCH. Then we ran with 1 SCH and another DD for a while, until we found another SCH when our BRD quit. 5 DD and SCH worked very well pre-nerf. Just don't use embrava until 15 mins in because you didn't need it on the easy floors.

NNI was never meant to be a easy to get the best gear event, that's why they made the other version of gear there. I think Abyssea slaughtered some of our players minds. The good groups would win with luck on their side. Just a problem that too many people ran through walls to get their gear when they weren't good or didn't have luck.
 Siren.Piccollo
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2013-04-08 06:31:46  
all they need to do is a simple fix

5 bronze astariums can be traded for 1 silver astarium, 5 silver astariums for 1 gold astarium, 5 gold for 1 platinum astarium

thats it simple really and would prolong the misery of people unable to find adequate teamates or who dont have linkshells lots of freinds at their beck and call all times of the day to do NNi and lets be honest it would be fair too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-08 06:38:20  
Does this event really need more nerfs now?
Just aim for 80 if you for some reason really can't reach 100.. :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-08 06:40:53  
pretty much that

if you can't get 80 consistantly you don't deserve gear anyway(and you still have the option to farm 5 f60s for a f80 piece lol)
[+]
 Siren.Piccollo
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2013-04-08 06:51:55  
I do regularly do floor 80 runs as what i tend to do is do NNi with pickup groups and i find getting some experience together is key to the floor 100's

so i usually have a group do 2-3 runs a session and first we do floor 80 1st time or we get 2/3 runs done then we usually go for floor 100 as the finale some success lots of failure but hey nothings free especially not ffxi ^^
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-04-08 06:53:24  
all im seeing is some one totally sucking balls at NNI and smoking alot of weed and then proposing a "fix" which isnt needed.

Stop using pld use a real job.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-04-08 06:56:39  
As pointed out already by some, not only would i disagree with this change to begin with, it also has one fatal flaw going against it...what would stop ppl from warping out 1 member before the lvl 100 chair guy dies (to stop his/her floor progress from getting reset, similar to what used to be done for regular NI a long time ago, which was the only way to farm for head pieces) and continually spam 95+ for as long as they can?

Im not trying to sound like a *** here, but you either need to stick with 80 runs/find a better group or level another job, b/c if you are really going as PLD to NNI, you are putting an unnecessary handicap on your group to begin with...a lot, and i do mean, A LOT of ppl i know had to lvl (by lvl, of course i mean gear up) something like a viable DD/SCH in order to get into a NNI group when this event came out a year ago or whenever it was. Bite the bullet and do the same if you really want gear from this event that badly.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-08 07:25:05  
I just wanna say I've won a few Nyzul's with a PLD in the group but that PLD was very DD geared dual wielding and all.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2013-04-08 07:34:10  
Oh im pretty sure a decked out PLD DD-style could very much work in NNI, but considering his FFXIah.com profile...idk if he is capable of such thing. Who knows, maybe he has 5/5 Resolution and even owns a Borealis, so his GS wielding PLD could actually deal good dmg. Thing is though, why not just lvl DRK (just an example) and be that much better for a DD for your group to begin with?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-08 07:42:01  
I'm really not sure what the big fuss over NNI is.

DRK is nowhere near my main job. I aby burned it from 75-99, not having ANY good gear to start with. I made an OAT GS, tossed on my AF3+2 gear, and made a static with good players. We all finished at least one set within a few runs, and good times were had. None of us used any "hacks" such as clipper. We always aimed for 100, not 80.

You don't have to be the best geared player in order to beat NNI. You need to have very good communication, split second timing (sometimes), and good in-game common sense. In other words, you need to be a good player, and run with other good players. Buffs on each floor from the SCH, who just used their stratagems on the previous floor. Knowing when or when not to just train all of the mobs in order to finish the floor fast. Remembering where the hell you are on each floor when you're searching for lamps. Yes, some luck is involved, but hey, that's ALWAYS been a part of Nyzul Isle. There is NO reason to change anything about NNI. Does it suck getting screwed with bad jumps 3 tags in a row? Sure. That will happen regardless of how well geared you are. Deal with it, and remember that good gear is not meant for every player to have.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4