users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » A Possible Nyzul Uncharted Fix
A Possible Nyzul Uncharted Fix
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-08 11:31:09  
I had great difficulty with this event in the beginning. The run is very luck based, so even with an excellent party, it can still screw you over sometimes with floor jumps, huge floors, too many lamp floors etc.

All you can do is keep trying with a proper party who know what they are doing, and know what to expect of each other. I have picked up floor 80 wins with shout groups, and I happened to join a static a few times who were missing one of their guys. Persistence, patience, communication and experience are traits you and your party need to have. If you begin to panic/cannot communicate/cannot play your job well then just don't even bother with this event.

I have played with Xbox users and PC users. The only thing I have seen that people use is fillmode, which is a great help, but even with that it is still difficult if you are unlucky. There are certain things your party needs to do, and certain things your party gets better at each time you run together.

Never come PLD. I have cleared with a THF and a NIN in the party before, but always failed if we had any less then 3 Heavy DD in the party. WAR and DRK generally do well, WARs pretty much need an Ukon, and DRKs can go in with OAT GS.

You need to be clearing each floor in roughly two minutes or less to stand a chance. After the NNI changes in the last update, I joined a shout group for the laugh. We got to floor 96, had enough time to clear floor 100, but it jumped us to 99 and gave us a shitty order lamp floor. We had time to kill the boss, but not a lamp floor and the boss. This was with players who I had never played with before.
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-04-08 11:33:42  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
@acey

I was just making a joke and didn't intend for you to take it personal. If you did, my apologies.

There is something to be said for speaking correctly. Take for example what I think was intended to be an insult a couple posts above this by Buddahbug. If there is an imaginary shallow scale of "two people I don't know and I'm just skimming a thread", you have just jumped up a couple slots in my mind (due to his post).

I may not have been able to take you very serious because I was imagining you saying that whole post in one breath. I have even less of a clue of what he was trying to convey. Therefore, knowing absolutely nothing about you two, I have already become biased towards you being "right" based on a long history of "they guy who looks like they bashed their face on the keyboard or had their 13 year old sister text their post is usually wrong".

That's one reason why grammar matters.

I didn't take it personal at all. I know when i'm on forums i will use continuous run on sentences. It is a very bad habit of mine, but I think reason i do it too make some people mad about it, because you will have the people that get uppity(think i spelled that right) about it
By itchi508 2013-04-08 12:23:42  
Bottom line is there not going to change it again, its easyer now than it ever was and more job friendly.

If you run 4tags fri and 3tags monday every week you will get wins and probably complete your sets in 2-4months depending on your luck and teams skill.

If you cant do that then you need to step it up. find out what is going wrong.
are you in perle gear?
do u have R/E/M?
do you have a good WS/TP set?
Powder boots and Movement speed?
Using and picking temps that benefit you?
A good MD PD & Regen set?
Do you carry meds? Also sneak and invis on every lamp FL to avoid aggro for fastest time?
All of these things are not needed but they will make a huge difference in your play style, survivability and make a more efficient team.

Do you have good comunication and does your team have a brain?
If you do all this and still cant win you need to alter your groups set up and replace someone.
I assume people tryd it for a week or 2 and QQ.. Well keep going as i said my 15/15 took me 4months doin tags fri and mon to earn it legit. I myself had mnk sam war blu & 2x sch, as for blu id say its the most viable job to take as its options are more than others.
Can help heal and debuff.
Can do good melee dmg.
Can sleep and stun!
Can do good magic dmg.
If you thought about restrictions say no magic or no WS FLs blu is still use full. as on a no WS FL could result in your loss from spending to much time on that floor, a blu could save your azz in that situation. Also blu can cover all types of dmg being strong in all areas as others can be weak in.

NNI maybe luck based with jumps and FLs. but what you do with the FLs given to you is based on your teams skill.
So should they nerf it again? No.. Its meant to be a challenge and its easier now. So if people still cant win then deal with it as lots of other people have won prior to these nerfs. Everyone wants stuff easy n free with no challenge...... And you dont need any 3rd party programs to win!!!!!!

Sorry in advance for the long post. i explained why it should not be nerfed as well as small tips to a good teams success for the person who posted as well as anyone else needing help to win!
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-04-08 12:39:33  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You can't be bothered to rethink your NNI strategy (i.e. not going as PLD) and SE should retool old content to cater to that?

k

Edit: I'm gonna add on a less cunty response, lol. I completed my 15/15 armor each way possible - I bought 2 pieces, did some 80 runs, and finished up my sets doing 100 runs with better groups. I did runs as either SCH and MNK. You have to be able to adapt in MMOs. It's very easy now to level another job from scratch and gear it to an acceptable standard within a month (maybe less). There's really no excuse to for this now.

I want to see the original Post Pleebo!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-08 12:41:16  
Asura.Katseu said: »
[
For this, it would be exactly like Nyzul Isle was when it first came out, and you would run into people doing the exact same thing. One person gets to 100, they do the floor 100 run, then warp out before the boss dies. The people in the group get the win, and the one with the floor 100 disc gets nothing but doesn't lose progress. 2 people with 100 discs is all you would need to get everyone 15/15 in no time at all. then you could just sell it to anyone who wants gear.

exactly why it has to be reset once you take it too floor 96 no matter if you win or not.

if this easy mode was to be implanted at all
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-04-08 13:05:36  
No offence, but its very simple, SCH regen V and Phalanx is usually enough cure wise for most of the mobs, just get a war with Ukon and Rag, traint like 5 mobs (sch follows him) and FC them, 2-3 ws should kill 5-10 mobs a DRK with apoc and Twilight scythe Pwns most, a MNK or BLU as 3rd DD 2 sch 1 brd or COR. (COR works just suck less).

3 DD can own this event, not all jobs are suited to all event's, don't like this fact, well if they were, we would only have 1 job wouldn't we?
By buddahbug 2013-04-08 13:20:05  
itchi508 said: »
Bottom line is there not going to change it again, its easyer now than it ever was and more job friendly.

If you run 4tags fri and 3tags monday every week you will get wins and probably complete your sets in 2-4months depending on your luck and teams skill.

are you in perle gear?
do u have R/E/M?
Do you carry meds? Also sneak and invis on every lamp FL to avoid aggro for fastest time?
All of these things are not needed but they will make a huge difference in your play style, survivability and make a more efficient team.

If you do all this and still cant win you need to alter your groups set up and replace someone.
I assume people tryd it for a week or 2 and QQ.. Well keep going as i said my 15/15 took me 4months doin tags fri and mon to earn it legit. I myself had mnk sam war blu & 2x sch, as for blu id say its the most viable job to take as its options are more than others.
Can do good melee dmg.
Can sleep and stun!
Can do good magic dmg.
If you thought about restrictions say no magic or no WS FLs blu is still use full. as on a no WS FL could result in your loss from spending to much time on that floor, a blu could save your azz in that situation. Also blu can cover all types of dmg being strong in all areas as others can be weak in.

NNI maybe luck based with jumps and FLs. but what you do with the FLs given to you is based on your teams skill.
So should they nerf it again? No.. Its meant to be a challenge and its easier now. So if people still cant win then deal with it as lots of other people have won prior to these nerfs. Everyone wants stuff easy n free with no challenge...... And you dont need any 3rd party programs to win!!!!!!

Sorry in advance for the long post. i explained why it should not be nerfed as well as small tips to a good teams success for the person who posted as well as anyone else needing help to win!

this is great advice, but your groups use tools...
By Sylfeya 2013-04-08 13:21:43  
In my experience, more runs are lost due to idiot players not knowing how to handle lamp floors than any other factor, including "no WS on boss floor" or "poor jumps" or even "poor gear/jobs".

Note that lamp floors have not changed from how they worked in original Nyzul.

If your 75 group could clear original Nyzul by climbing 5 floors at a time, they should be able to clear NNI at 99 with decent gear. If you want practice on 'easy mode', try doing the old Nyzul - make sure that you're clearing at least 10 floors per run, no excuses, or you've got no business even attempting NNI.

Aside from that, just the usual generic Nyzul advice:
- Get used to having your group split up. Before the run, designate which direction you have one group head, and which direction the second group heads. Either have one mage stay at the rune, or run back to it early.

- Get everyone to recognize mobs and mob weaknesses - if you've got a MNK and a DRK, and you run into a skeleton, the MNK should tackle the skeleton while the DRK keeps running to find another mob to engage (this is especially important after the last update to NNI, where mob weaknesses have an even greater effect). No MNK? Have the WHM toss out a Banish to weaken the skeleton for your DD. Make sure you're engaging the target Nyzul-specific NM and not killing random old-world NMs or Ramparts just because they con IT.

- Make sure EVERYONE has sneak oils and prism powders, even the mages; "no white magic" is no excuse for aggroing mobs unnecessarily, and your mages should not be wasting time casting sneak/invis on anyone but themselves.

- Make sure everyone has some sort of +run speed gear, and switch to it after every mob kill (those seconds saved really add up overall).

- Make sure everyone knows in advance what temps they're buying. Set your preferences back in town!
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-04-08 13:24:35  
Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
suck less
this topic really only needed one reply
[+]
By itchi508 2013-04-08 13:28:00  
buddahbug said: »
itchi508 said: »

are you in perle gear?
do u have R/E/M?

Can do good melee dmg.
Can sleep and stun!
Can do good magic dmg.

this is great advice, but your groups use tools...

Lol sorry jackazz my groups never used tools of any kind as it took us 4-5months to attain 15/15. If your scrub az knew me u would no this as i reject any hackers or program users to any content i do even ask acey he no me. Where u at acey lol. also idk who you are neva seen you. Also i love the other reply "suck less" this is very good tip to winning!
 Odin.Stormcroww
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2013-04-08 13:47:01  
Shhhh now just let this thread die. It will all be over soon.
 Lye
By Lye 2013-04-08 14:07:23  
Odin.Stormcroww said: »
Shhhh now just let this thread die. It will all be over soon.

[+]
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 14:14:04  
Bahamut.Caelestis said: »
5/5 Resolution and even owns a Borealis
I wish I owned a Borealis. 4/5 on Resolution since I just dropped Realmrazer (bad weapon skill with multiplier penalties and too many hits that might miss at even at ACC cap). I do however have an Almace-90, which could be quite viable considering the adjustments made to one-handed weapons and the reduction of monster levels inside NNI.

As far as a career GS goes, I'm looking at the new line of weapons that appear to be centered around the merit weapon skills. (I make this extrapolation seeing that dagger boosts AGI and hand-to-hand boosts DEX, which are the modifiers of Exenterator and Shijin Spiral respectively.)
By krish 2013-04-08 14:19:25  
There is no fix for NNI. It was a poorly conceived event from the start. I fully expect that SE will obsolete the last few pieces of gear that are still relevant.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 14:25:09  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
You can post that pic all you want, but it's obvious that even you can't believe it to be doable with PLD when you make a thread asking for an easier way out.
Of course PLD isn't viable for it. Neither is RDM, PUP, and various other jobs (just picking on the commonly marginalized jobs). And unlike Voidwatch, one can't have diversity in the alliance without a serious toll on efficiency.

The whole point of the thread was to offer a solution for all those jobs--not just PLD--so that what is seen in the picture is indeed possible.

krish said: »
I fully expect that SE will obsolete the last few pieces of gear that are still relevant
Well, but then that makes it unfair to the people that already have the gear.
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-04-08 14:27:14  
Have players been banned for just being around another player hacking in nni?
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 14:31:14  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
I don't believe so. From my interpretation of the Terms of Service, this is not the case so long as the person who is not hacking is not encouraging or explicitly benefiting from the behavior.

However, hacking isn't an option, at least not for me and the people I play alongside. I would rather stick with my creed gear than do that.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-08 14:33:56  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
I want to say I remember this happening. Most things are fine, but clipping through walls and running at flee + speed are pretty likely to get you and possibly your group banned.

Bahamut.Sephiran said: »
this is not the case so long as the person who is not hacking is not encouraging or explicitly benefiting from the behavior.

You're definitely benefiting from your group taking advantage of this stuff in nyzul, so they can still get you for that.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-08 14:36:05  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
You're definitely benefiting from your group taking advantage of this stuff in nyzul, so they can still get you for that.
Benefiting implicitly, assuming you do turn a blind eye to offense (or feign it). Regardless, the issue about third party tools is completely irrelevant because I simply won't use them.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-08 14:47:35  
Benefiting implicitly, assuming you do turn a blind eye to offense (or feign it). Regardless, the issue about third party tools is completely irrelevant because I simply won't use them.
How does SE know if you knew or not... And to add to it, they've never been delicate with these situations... Hi Salvage bans!

It may be to you but for others asking, it could mean their account which is why I'm mentioning it, so they can decide for themselves if something is worth the risk or not.

I personally pretty lax on what I'm okay with. I'm fine by fillmode, radar, icons,dat mods and windower plugins, but I wouldn't ever go to nyzul with anyone clipping.
By buddahbug 2013-04-08 15:10:55  

me too, there's no achievement in it!
your pieces are invalid going with people using tools
 Siren.Stunx
サーバ: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2013-04-08 15:20:37  
@ OP

Bad idea, its fine how it is. prior to all the updates and after them including the lastest, you didnt/dont even need hacks, just the time and practice put in with a steady group of good players. once you put in the work and start winning, it feels very satisfying, i personally went 15/15 with 2 ppl on ps2 and no1 using anything outside of windower plugins. powder boots, temps, and fillmode, all you need.

I cant stress how much the hacks are not needed but it wont stop ppl from using them, id say atleast 80% of the ppl you see going have atleast 1-3 ppl using them, if not all.

@ OP again, my advice is to level something useful cuz from the looks of it you only have PLD and from the looks of it, it just seems like you want a PLD friendly nyzul. BLU WAR DRK SCH? BRD? DRG, all good options. remember it is considered end game content, that being said endgame content on all mmo's have always had the stance "not for everyone", so either make some changes so that it is for you or simply deal with it...

Edit: well i guess a good rag/gs PLD with good tp/ws sets could prolly get away with some wins in nyz as well lol.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-11 06:50:58  
Okay, I got my group together...and I'm honestly quite scared to be leading this event. And that's quite funny, because I've always been the first to want to try stunts in this game (attempting a Promathia solo without kiting and not using Aegis, never wanting to use brew, soloing Gamayun without Aegis or anti-wind atma, etc.)

However, now I actually have people riding on how well I perform. I've got a COR, DRG, BRD, SAM, and an SCH...and then there's me. I think I'm running with a good group, minus myself considering my limited job repertoire, as you've all inevitably seen. I'm seriously just hoping to wing a few 80 runs and not disappoint them.
By itchi508 2013-04-11 08:55:46  
Okay, I got my group together...and I'm honestly quite scared to be leading this event. And that's quite funny, because I've always been the first to want to try stunts in this game (attempting a Promathia solo without kiting and not using Aegis, never wanting to use brew, soloing Gamayun without Aegis or anti-wind atma, etc.)

However, now I actually have people riding on how well I perform. I've got a COR, DRG, BRD, SAM, and an SCH. And then there's me. I'm seriously just hoping to wing a few 80 runs and not disappoint everyone.

Its not how well you perform in general Its how well your team communicates, listens, performs & understands the objectives. (Specialy lamps) since most seem be mind fuked by lamps, its the leading reason to fail runs that people don't understand them or trigger them when there not suppose to and claim they didn't etc.
NNI doesn't just reflect on ones mistakes, there is always lil things everyone can do and find to improve on along the way. I wouldn't worry about having the finger pointed at yourself for a mistake as its a team based event. Can 1 person bring down the hole team? Yes. But there is usually more than just one persons flaws that slow down the team. Everyone can think of something they did that they could have done differently or faster. Just think quick, play your best hope for good jumps and have fun!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-11 10:12:57  
There is no fix for NNI. It was a poorly conceived event from the start. I fully expect that SE will obsolete the last few pieces of gear that are still relevant.

im guessing you haven't had a floor 100 win yet?

unrelated how is it when people cant do sh3t because its to "hard" they always have to whine and think the concept is bad.

There are things meant to be hard so you can get a challenge and a opportunity to better yourself.
if you dont like the effort it needs if its skill, grinding ,dedication, timesink etc etc then don't do it.
but don't act like the game owes you to form itself after your personal taste.
By krish 2013-04-11 10:15:23  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

You could guess that but you would be wrong.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-04-11 10:25:07  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

You could guess that but you would be wrong.

Guy walks into a thread, says NNI is bad. It's always been bad. There's no way to fix it. He says almost all of the gear has no use. Feels justified because some gear from newer events is better than some gear from older events, and uses that as proof.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-11 12:29:07  
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Guy walks into a thread, says NNI is bad. It's always been bad. There's no way to fix it. He says almost all of the gear has no use. Feels justified because some gear from newer events is better than some gear from older events, and uses that as proof.
Actually, I personally think that there are some very good ways to fix it like the way I listed. Also, I never said that the gear has no use. Phorcys, Nares, and Thaumas gear are still the best overall sets around, especially if you're PLD.

Until AF4 or something like that comes around and gives me across the board stat boosts (you know; for Holy II, Sanguine Blade, and Chant du Cygne), I'll want NNI gear. This is why I'm "whining" as you so put it.

Also, for the record, it's not just PLD that gets shoved aside for NNI. It's RDM, PUP, and the other usual culprits for job marginalization. That's what I wish to see fixed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-04-11 12:44:53  
You can't be bothered to rethink your NNI strategy (i.e. not going as PLD) and SE should retool old content to cater to that?

k

Edit: I'm gonna add on a less cunty response, lol. I completed my 15/15 armor each way possible - I bought 2 pieces, did some 80 runs, and finished up my sets doing 100 runs with better groups. I did runs as either SCH and MNK. You have to be able to adapt in MMOs. It's very easy now to level another job from scratch and gear it to an acceptable standard within a month (maybe less). There's really no excuse to for this now.

This is the best response, it truly is. I started the game again in September of last year, by mid October I had a 85 Verethragna and by end of October, I had an 85 Ukon made. I made both to do NNI. After I got my Verethragna, I started doing NNI with a group of friends, by the end of December I was 15/15 in gear.

Seriously, if you aim for what you really want, you don't waste time and wait and hope and pray for SE do something for YOU, you work your but off for what you want and you go for it.

Seriously, in 3 whole months after I started the game again from about a 2 year break, I had 2 Empys, a Relic, and 15/15 NNI gear. I'm not attempting to brag or anything, I'm just reinforcing what Pleebo said.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-11 12:59:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »

k

This is the best response, it truly is. I started the game again in September of last year, by mid October I had a 85 Verethragna and by end of October, I had an 85 Ukon made. I made both to do NNI. After I got my Verethragna, I started doing NNI with a group of friends, by the end of December I was 15/15 in gear.

Seriously, if you aim for what you really want, you don't waste time and wait and hope and pray for SE do something for YOU, you play your but off for what you want and you go for it.

Seriously, in 3 whole months after I started the game again from about a 2 year break, I had 2 Empys, a Relic, and 15/15 NNI gear. I'm not attempting to brag or anything, I'm just reinforcing what Pleebo said.
ftfy. We all play here! I already have a job. :<