A Possible Nyzul Uncharted Fix
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2013-04-08 07:51:26  
Bahamut.Sephiran said: »
emerle said: »
...taking a PLD along for an event like this doesnt work.
If you look at the original announcement when the content was released, you'll distinctly notice a paladin donning empyrean gear in two of the little thumbnail previews of the event.

Here's the pictures:

Here's the source post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20744-February-14-2012-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=278734&viewfull=1#post278734

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Wouldn't it just be faster to do 5 floor 80 runs in the current system? I figure floor 80 runs have a very high success rate with almost any group, and doing a classic-style nyzul in only 5 runs would be much more difficult.
True, however, this presents a system in which no progress is made and is subjected heavily to luck. Also, it's doubtful that just any group configuration can easily reach floor 80.
You can post that pic all you want, but it's obvious that even you can't believe it to be doable with PLD when you make a thread asking for an easier way out.
[+]
 Asura.Gavvy
サーバ: Asura
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2013-04-08 08:02:41  
In its current state, the event is highly inaccessible...I believe making a mode of Nyzul as so will make the amazing equipment Nyzul Uncharted offers more accessible to players.

I think you hit the nail on the head why this is an awful idea.

It's some of the best gear in the game. Back at 75 people slaved over HNMs for YEARS to get certain bits of gear... why should the general gimp populace be walking round in some of the best gear around? I get so angry when I see people in full Perle/Aurore... AF3+2 is so easy to get, it's just pure laziness. This game is obsessed with accessibility which I think is wrong for a MMO.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-08 08:03:05  
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
I just wanna say I've won a few Nyzul's with a PLD in the group but that PLD was very DD geared dual wielding and all.

The thing is: When we were selling/doing it the first time, with 4 relic DDs and 2 well-geared SCH we were winning 3/4 runs (2/4 once our internet went bad T.T). We would still lose the "19 jump with absorb custard and 2 order" floors.
If we got the "el easy" runs we'd finish with 5+ mins to spare. Now when we go with "ok gear" friends or mules etc we still do 1 or 2 out of 4 runs.

You "can" win with a paladin. I "could" make club sets for my paladin, but WHY. There was we used to give toddlers to play as a learning experience. You'd get a dozen shapes made from plastic and a table with shape holes cut into it. Every once in awhile there was one kid who tried his hardest to jam the wrong shape into a hole it didn't belong.

I'm willing to be that a good portion of why you have to ask the devs to change content, people completed 2-3 weeks after it's release (12 months ago ie: ~330 tags ago) is because you let more and more of these "we don't HAVE to do it that way add up". You don't HAVE to not go pld / You don't HAVE to bring sch / You don't HAVE to have capped combat skills but if you're going PLD PUP BLU RNG SMN with a gimped GEO using regen to heal.... that's probably why you can't plink out a lucky 15 wins out of ~330.
[+]
By itchi508 2013-04-08 08:23:58  
I dont belive they need to fix or change it again as they have done so like 4x now?
I attained all 15/15 before they did the 1st nerf months ago. It took 4-5months with a static and no 3rd party tools what so ever "all on xbox" best win being with 9mins left, average 3mins left and alot of time outs between 1% & 20% and of course the upup land on 99 with 2min left.... its a long hard a accomplishment with all odds against you.

I dont no how NNI is now since i havnt done in long time, but the Main problem i see is doin pick up runs.

Playing with inexperianced or underskilled players.
Playing with a lack of communication, which is the key for a win. Vent, skype or xbox chats etc.

Without doin a static or some kinda chat with players you no are skilled and you all know how to play together, your putting your odds even lower, and unless you get that super luck its not gona happen. So the content wasnt really made for pick up groups as your loss % will be significantly lower than ones of a experianced static.

I understand its hard to make a static to find people on your schedule that are skilled but thats the challenge that comes with this event, i hear they made it easyer also with larger jumps, easyer mobs, faster lamps and more friendly to all jobs, so if people still cant get a win then they should buy a merc or just stop doing it, or shoot for FL80 wins, cuz its not that hard you just need patients, determination & a good team that can communicate! The contet was intended to take months of aggervation with a struggle and huge loss %.
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-04-08 09:06:11  
This is just funny, like why remake nyzul isle, nni wasn't hard before and it still isn't hard its common sense basically and luck, if you think making nni similar to ni is a good idea you shouldn't have the gear this is the problem with the whole player base people whine about content being hard like an example why then hell you think they made dyna daily and soloable it because so many people cried relics were too hard and took too long to make before, like anymore in this game people only want what they want and don't want to get it the right way they want content altered and needed IMO there is just too many cry babies in this game.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-08 09:22:28  
That is indeed one sentence.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-08 09:25:16  
Fenrir.Acey said: »
This is just funny, like why remake nyzul isle, nni wasn't hard before and it still isn't hard its common sense basically and luck, if you think making nni similar to ni is a good idea you shouldn't have the gear this is the problem with the whole player base people whine about content being hard like an example why then hell you think they made dyna daily and soloable it because so many people cried relics were too hard and took too long to make before, like anymore in this game people only want what they want and don't want to get it the right way they want content altered and needed IMO there is just too many cry babies in this game.
didnt you get banned for speedhacking nyzul to sell gear

choking on irony
[+]
By buddahbug 2013-04-08 09:30:39  

lol says this person who uses tools to get his wins... plus 3 quarters of fenrir that get wins...
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-04-08 09:31:40  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
didnt you get banned for speedhacking nyzul to sell gear

choking on irony

Aye I did get a temp ban for but since then I have one without cupper many times it is not hard at all but when selling using it was just a way to make sure we got out buyers what they wantes
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
 Phoenix.Dinah
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dinah 2013-04-08 09:31:55  
I hope this OP didn't get discouraged. This is a classic example of derpness from the ffxiah community being a bit too rash and overly disheartening.

I don't agree that your idea is the best idea to integrate in order to accomplish obtaining a piece of NNI gear, but I'm not going to sit here and call you an idiot or tell you that you suck for it. I'm willing to bet by the grammar of some of these folks, that they themselves have submitted some pretty toilet-brained ideas to SE or the community.

On a side note, someone suggested that you purchase the gear from a merc, but know that the merc will expect you to have a well geared job that can participate in NNI exceptionally to aid in the win. I know this doesn't make sense, but obviously some of the people that have shunned you have made this purchase without thinking about the fact that they just paid someone a rediculous amount of gil to do what you have to do to obtain the gear in the first place.

Good luck to you!
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-04-08 09:32:45  

And indeed it was one huge run on sentence and I don't care, what's the point in using proper grammer if you aren't trying to impress anyone
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-08 09:39:57  
Because proper grammar, punctuation and spelling help get your point across clearly, correctly and accurately. These things also act as a sort of "badge of competence". People who use them are more likely to be taken seriously. You don't have to but don't be surprised when people comment on it because this is the internet and people do that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-08 09:42:18  
i use proper grammar when i'm arguing with someone i consider worth arguing with or am trying to make a point i consider important, and skip over everything not necessary to my thought otherwise

it's kind of subconscious at this point, it probably originally developed from foruming while multiboxing
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-04-08 09:46:38  

And indeed it was one huge run on sentence and I don't care, what's the point in using proper grammer if you aren't trying to impress anyone

[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-04-08 09:49:06  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i use proper grammar when i'm arguing with someone i consider worth arguing with or am trying to make a point i consider important, and skip over everything not necessary to my thought otherwise

it's kind of subconscious at this point, it probably originally developed from foruming while multiboxing

Ifnim going to argue yes, I will use proper grammer, but in my one huge run on sentence 5-8 post above unjust didn't care.
By buddahbug 2013-04-08 09:53:34  
acey the fenrir joker, you will never change D:
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-04-08 09:56:42  
buddahbug said: »
acey the fenrir joker, you will never change D:

Excuse me?
How am i the fenrir joker?
 Sylph.Linkk
サーバ: Sylph
user: Linkk
By Sylph.Linkk 2013-04-08 09:59:34  
I kinda get what you are saying. It does make sense but it's probably not practical now after the recent changes/nerfed of NNI. It wouldn't surprise me if what you are talkin about was on the list of possible option changes to NNI. The game is easy as it is now. I recently came back after 2 years and I lol'ed at how easy it is now. I mean utsusemi icon has a number next to it now? The countless hours I put into meriting my jobs which now any half assed moron can do in a few hours? WTF lol. Just roll with it.
By buddahbug 2013-04-08 10:00:08  
the crap you say in vw alli's, never heard so much lol, your insane weird shouts, gear choices... and i spoke to you on skype before, and OMG! was like dude close your mouth!

your well known in fenrir for it....
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-08 10:00:26  
emerle said: »
...taking a PLD along for an event like this doesnt work.
If you look at the original announcement when the content was released, you'll distinctly notice a paladin donning empyrean gear in two of the little thumbnail previews of the event.

Here's the pictures:

Here's the source post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20744-February-14-2012-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=278734&viewfull=1#post278734
SE posts lots of screen shots with things you should never do so idk why you would reference this.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-08 10:02:12  
Getting personal up in here. <_<
 Lye
By Lye 2013-04-08 10:08:26  
If a few more square wheels post this thread could become legendary!

I'm hoping for "windower killed the FF franchise guy" to make a cameo!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-08 10:36:05  
@acey

I was just making a joke and didn't intend for you to take it personal. If you did, my apologies.

There is something to be said for speaking correctly. Take for example what I think was intended to be an insult a couple posts above this by Buddahbug. If there is an imaginary shallow scale of "two people I don't know and I'm just skimming a thread", you have just jumped up a couple slots in my mind (due to his post).

I may not have been able to take you very serious because I was imagining you saying that whole post in one breath. I have even less of a clue of what he was trying to convey. Therefore, knowing absolutely nothing about you two, I have already become biased towards you being "right" based on a long history of "they guy who looks like they bashed their face on the keyboard or had their 13 year old sister text their post is usually wrong".

That's one reason why grammar matters.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-08 10:39:11  
if this mode was to implanted i would suggest the following adjustment

A: you can only go up to the floor that everyone in the party has progress too. so no taking lechers or mules the quick way to floor 96

b: once you start a floor 96 the runic disc's of the party gets reset, giving you one try at and if you fail... to bad

because this slow progression mode should not make stuff easier by giving you a constant do-over if you fail your run. especially when the win = 100% reward in ki
basically this mode trade off fast gains for a more slower/safer way.

i still don't know if i like the idea. but without the adjustment above i definitely dislike this babymode
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-08 10:41:02  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Stop using pld use a real job.

Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-08 10:56:33  
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

A: you can only go up to the floor that everyone in the party has progress too. so no taking lechers or mules the quick way to floor 96

b: once you start a floor 96 the runic disc's of the party gets reset, giving you one try at and if you fail... to bad

because this slow progression mode should not make stuff easier by giving you a constant do-over if you fail your run. especially when the win = 100% reward in ki

i still don't know if i like the idea. but without the adjustment above i definitely dislike this babymode
Neo nyzul is an event that expects you to get ~18-20 floor clears on a run though that number can change significantly based on luck.

If they only had to do 5 floors, I'd want all floors to be lamp order floors with 7 lamps and every minute the orders change with True sight and sound mobs, say NMs like Rani and level 150 bunnies who run at flee speed. /nod that should just about do it!
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2013-04-08 11:20:41  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »

Neo nyzul is an event that expects you to get ~18-20 floor clears on a run though that number can change significantly based on luck.

If they only had to do 5 floors, I'd want all floors to be lamp order floors with 7 lamps and every minute the orders change with True sight and sound mobs, say NMs like Rani and level 150 bunnies who run at flee speed. /nod that should just about do it!
That's just crazy talk!
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2013-04-08 11:24:01  
Can I get an extra 5 mins if I make it to floor 100 prz D: Nothing like getting there, engaging then timing out ;________________;
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2013-04-08 11:24:19  
buddahbug said: »
the crap you say in vw alli's, never heard so much lol, your insane weird shouts, gear choices... and i spoke to you on skype before, and OMG! was like dude close your mouth!

your well known in fenrir for it....

i have never seen you on in any of my vw shouts, how do i shout weird? and when the hell where you in a skype call with me? i highly doubt you were
 Asura.Katseu
user: Katseu
By Asura.Katseu 2013-04-08 11:30:08  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Climbing neo like old style would be so stupid. Then you could sit at floor 95 and just constantly sell wins to the lazy. that would be lame as *** 1. 2) It would defeat the purpose of the event itself. SE said not all players will be able to clear all events. Gotta rise up, work better as a team and clear it that way.
Actually, if you read the whole post, I stated that your progress would be reset each time you cleared 100.

For this, it would be exactly like Nyzul Isle was when it first came out, and you would run into people doing the exact same thing. One person gets to 100, they do the floor 100 run, then warp out before the boss dies. The people in the group get the win, and the one with the floor 100 disc gets nothing but doesn't lose progress. 2 people with 100 discs is all you would need to get everyone 15/15 in no time at all. then you could just sell it to anyone who wants gear.