users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » A Possible Nyzul Uncharted Fix
A Possible Nyzul Uncharted Fix
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-04-11 13:00:27  
Lol it's totally possible to win with a PLD, you just need to put more effort into dealing dmg compare with other NNI friendly DDs.
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2013-04-11 18:43:39  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Lol it's totally possible to win with a PLD, you just need to put more effort into dealing dmg compare with other NNI friendly DDs.
Well, since they did mess around with enemy damage weaknesses, I think I may be able to help keep them covered. Shattersoul seems to like me and I have Chant du Cygne to cover slashing. And our dragoon has mastered his job brilliantly and can cover piercing. Not only that, but Drakesbane <--> Tachi: Shoha = Renkei: Light, and Chant du Cygne <--> Wildfire/Leaden Salute = Renkei: Darkness. The SCH can burst off both and the BRD can do...that thing BRD's do that makes them valuable assets.
 Phoenix.Keeley
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Keeley 2013-04-20 06:21:10  
The main problem with NNI is that it is highly luck based. It has more to do with good floor jumps and lucky floor objectives and less to do with skill. There is more than one way to get a floor 100 win.

My wins have come with the following set up: mnk x2, sch, cor, sam, blu. Luck seems to be about 75% of it. 5% of it is about the gear. The rest is by doing the following:

1. Communication. Designate a lamp person. This is usually the bard or cor. They are in charge of naming the lamp order and time to hit.
2. DD teams are made ahead of time. They branch off and work together.
3. Everyone needs meds. RR, snk, invisi, etc. NO exceptions.
4. Everyone uses the best food they can get a hold of.
5. Movement speed gear.
6. Avoid unnecessary mobs.

Losses are usually because of low jumps and too many order lamp floors. Usually though, it is because of people doing stupid things such as getting frustrated on lamp floors and taking too long or aggroing mobs because they could not take 2 seconds to pop meds.

I am sure you can win floor 100 as Paladin. Many people thought Blu would be fail in NNI, but it has turned out to be more worth it than a Drk or War.