Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 188 189 190
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2022-11-27 19:37:47  
Appreciate the feedback, thanks a lot
 Bahamut.Skald
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-11-27 20:14:59  
I have been using /pld funsies for the past couple weeks since fooling around with malignance sword/chanter's shield.

Boss order C>B>A>E>F>G allows Embolden barwater to carry through both first floor and basement Plovids with cooldown ready for Gartell. Abandon all parry focus in favor of Meva/MDB/Element resist+. Preload Sulpor Valiance(inspire teh mages) before setting up opening Gambit runes and engaging, Rayke quickly to reapply Sulpor and One for All sub 50%. That's the basics of what I have been doing without difficulty from Dhartok.

Alternatively he is an easy kite, his pathing can be funky but you can make half circles back and forth around him and generally keep him within bubble.

I would say sub job choice is much less relevant than gearing in boss farms. Hate is easy to manage and a single aoe tag, if any, is sufficient for the objectives you are likely to be doing. It comes down to what qol support you would rather take advantage of and the bosses/objectives your group are aiming to achieve. Did a handful of abcefg as /dnc, stutter step contribution and waltz blinks sounded like a hey why not idea until accuracy in the basement proved why not.

Gartell sets is what I would be curious to see what others are using, for the most part when things go as planned he is as simple and benign as any besides the consideration between gambit/rayke and his stances, but when things go long and he gets stronk his junk starts to really hurt. It is in these moments where I put the Epeo back on in this set to anticipate what I think is his only physical component, the triple attack wombo combo kick.

Yamarang
Nyame Helm
Nyame Mail
Nyame Gauntlets
Erilaz Leg Guards
Erilaz Greaves
Futhark Torque
Engraved Belt
Sanare Earring
Erilaz Earring
Waterfall Ring
Icecrack Ring
Ogma's Cape HP Meva Meva Meva Enmity

Rings were a weird thought and in the set for the past couple weeks. Whether better served with Meva equivalents Vengeful, Purity or as a means to boost VIT/INT/MND. I am curious as can be.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-28 01:29:08  
Dumb question I know and I apologize, but does anybody have a video of RUN "kiting in circles" Dhartok?
I fought Dhartok as a RUN a few times and everybody kept saying to kite in circles to keep Dhartok within the range of the bubbles but I never really understood how or why.

Aside from the miasma popping (at which point I moved around a bit of course) I didn't really see the necessity to be kiting over just standing there and casting occasional flash or foil.
I was never in danger, so I guess I must be missing something and those few times I was lucky that, coincidentally, bad things never happened to me.
By RiggityWrekd 2022-11-28 02:35:12  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Is your team just taking a long time to kill it? Dhartokk is the tamest of all of them to me (goat just hits harder in general and dispel/stun spam is annoying as ***, and those status effect totems on balamor are also extremely annoying). Pump water resistance and he practically can't do anything, his only physical move can be parried (the belly flop), and as long as he dies before enrage and you antidote/remedy/pulse your poisons off Clobbering Smash will never be able to kill you. Only other thing I can think of is you aren't killing the Botulus thus you're getting Taint on you, and there's nothing you can do about that besides getting the metal to downgrade it into a removable poison.

So do I understand correctly that clobbering wave does massive damage (in my experience over 4k with full meva gear, 3 unda + valiance and One for all) only if you are poisoned (or she enrages due to time)?
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-11-28 03:26:32  
You're going to want to use Sulpor Runes for Clobbering Wave as Clobbering Wave is Water Elemenatal damage.
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-11-28 03:32:36  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Dumb question I know and I apologize, but does anybody have a video of RUN "kiting in circles" Dhartok?
I fought Dhartok as a RUN a few times and everybody kept saying to kite in circles to keep Dhartok within the range of the bubbles but I never really understood how or why.

Aside from the miasma popping (at which point I moved around a bit of course) I didn't really see the necessity to be kiting over just standing there and casting occasional flash or foil.
I was never in danger, so I guess I must be missing something and those few times I was lucky that, coincidentally, bad things never happened to me.

If Dhartok has Gravity on you can run around the parameter of the area to stay out of range. This prevents Cesspool from happening, those stink clouds from spawning, and Clobbering Wave. It's not necessary to win but it makes it super easy. This is our group doing it tonight. I didn't exactly keep it in the bubble but I tried. Dhartok starts at 1 hour 09 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1664645063?t=01h08m46s
[+]
By Univarsity 2022-11-28 07:29:55  
Fenrir.Velner said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

If Dhartok has Gravity on you can run around the parameter of the area to stay out of range. This prevents Cesspool from happening, those stink clouds from spawning, and Clobbering Wave. It's not necessary to win but it makes it super easy. This is our group doing it tonight. I didn't exactly keep it in the bubble but I tried. Dhartok starts at 1 hour 09 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1664645063?t=01h08m46s

You really don't even have to kite the perimeter like that, when I do it just 15-20 yalms is enough. That way you can see how close it is to the bubble and when they say "kiting in circles" really just kite it around the bubble itself being 15-20 yalms away
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-11-28 16:04:48  
RiggityWrekd said: »
Is your team just taking a long time to kill it? Dhartokk is the tamest of all of them to me (goat just hits harder in general and dispel/stun spam is annoying as ***, and those status effect totems on balamor are also extremely annoying). Pump water resistance and he practically can't do anything, his only physical move can be parried (the belly flop), and as long as he dies before enrage and you antidote/remedy/pulse your poisons off Clobbering Smash will never be able to kill you. Only other thing I can think of is you aren't killing the Botulus thus you're getting Taint on you, and there's nothing you can do about that besides getting the metal to downgrade it into a removable poison.

So do I understand correctly that clobbering wave does massive damage (in my experience over 4k with full meva gear, 3 unda + valiance and One for all) only if you are poisoned (or she enrages due to time)?

Clobbering is only going to hit hard if he's been healed by water damage. Those clouds that get spawned also deal water damage to him, enough of them stacked in one spot will turbo charge him into clobbering you to death. You can see this in action if you use a powered up gravity II and keep him inside a bunch of clouds, his HP will regen up and his attacks will hit hard. One or two clouds aren't that bad, three or four make him deadly. Hold him in place for the bursts, then after two clouds spawn move him nearby out of the clouds, repeat as needed in a giant circle.
[+]
 Odin.Muginn
サーバ: Odin
user: Muginn86
By Odin.Muginn 2022-12-14 14:59:25  
Anyone tested or know if Engulfer Cape +1 absorbs magic stack with Empy +2/+3 pieces?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-12-14 15:42:58  
Odin.Muginn said: »
Anyone tested or know if Engulfer Cape +1 absorbs magic stack with Empy +2/+3 pieces?
I haven't personally tested for that. But it's a fairly simple to test. The easiest way is to dualwield 1 dmg weapons on mobs that use spikes spells often. I did past tests on the Hecteyes in Abyssea Tahrongi. Then you just log or parse the number of spikes effects vs absorbs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-14 19:09:14  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Clobbering is only going to hit hard if he's been healed by water damage. Those clouds that get spawned also deal water damage to him, enough of them stacked in one spot will turbo charge him into clobbering you to death. You can see this in action if you use a powered up gravity II and keep him inside a bunch of clouds, his HP will regen up and his attacks will hit hard. One or two clouds aren't that bad, three or four make him deadly. Hold him in place for the bursts, then after two clouds spawn move him nearby out of the clouds, repeat as needed in a giant circle.

Clobbering Wave can also one shot the tank is he's healed with Darkness skillchain damage, which is water-aligned.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-12-14 19:36:50  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Clobbering Wave can also one shot the tank is he's healed with Darkness skillchain damage, which is water-aligned.
So I can say this doesn't matter if darkness based SC damage happens clobbering wave can one shot. Has nothing to do with SC damage from the 4 times ive died to it randomly we never did any SC nor water to it. Also no clouds were around when this happen.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-14 19:42:45  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Level 3 skillchains (Light/Dark) deal multiple elements of damage and chose the one that the target has the lowest resistance to. L3 Ddarkness deals Dark / Earth / Ice / Water damage, and in the case of this NM it'll chose water as he has negative resistance to water damage. The whole Light / Darkness thing is just a result of terrible translation, light SC is actually called transfixion with dark SC being called compression.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-12-17 00:49:30  
Odin.Muginn said: »
So I set aside a bit of time to go test this.

Test method was as described before. 1 dmg weapons vs mobs that use spikes In this case, the Beholders in Abyssea Tahrongi.

Did a test with 5/5 Erilaz +2 and Engulfer +1, and then another test with just Erilaz +2.
Code
+------------+-----------------+--------+
|            | Erilaz+Engulfer | Erilaz |
| Absorb     | 177             | 74     |
| spike      | 1584            | 1282   |
| Total      | 1761            | 1356   |
| Proc rate% | 10.05%          | 5.46%  |
While I considered this possible, due to the set effect being a different stat than engulfer, since it absorbs physical and magical, I'm still a bit surprised that they stacked directly and additively like that.

TLDR: Engulfer's absorb effect stacks additively with Erilaz's set bonus.
[+]
By MOS1991 2022-12-26 17:57:19  
This may be a silly question but does your own enhancing magic skill effect the potency of phalanx if somebody else casts it on you? (SCH using Accesion). I have recently geared runefencer and I have very low enhancing magic skill, like not even Lv100, I jumped into Oddysea C with my SCH alt just to see how far away I was from using my runefencer to tank runs and I was very surprised at the huge amount of damage I was taking, I put my phalanx set on, used my alt to cast phalanx on me, put up every buff I could and attempted to pull a group on the first floor, after getting smacked for 200-300 by all of them I soon found myself face down on the floor. Now I don’t have Epolatery but I do have everything else for the idle tanking set, +3 Erliraz, Nyame and all R15 accessories ect, and I can’t figure out why I take so much damage, unless Epo really is that strong? The runefencer in my group I run with usually takes next to no damage when pulling 2-3 groups at once…
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-26 18:10:21  
MOS1991 said: »
This may be a silly question but does your own enhancing magic skill effect the potency of phalanx if somebody else casts it on you? (SCH using Accesion). I have recently geared runefencer and I have very low enhancing magic skill, like not even Lv100, I jumped into Oddysea C with my SCH alt just to see how far away I was from using my runefencer to tank runs and I was very surprised at the huge amount of damage I was taking, I put my phalanx set on, used my alt to cast phalanx on me, put up every buff I could and attempted to pull a group on the first floor, after getting smacked for 200-300 by all of them I soon found myself face down on the floor. Now I don’t have Epolatery but I do have everything else for the idle tanking set, +3 Erliraz, Nyame and all R15 accessories ect, and I can’t figure out why I take so much damage, unless Epo really is that strong? The runefencer in my group I run with usually takes next to no damage when pulling 2-3 groups at once…
Did you have embolden protect + cocoon, usually tanks also get a minne5

But on 1f you shouldn’t be taking much with a nice phalanx set, embolden protect and cocoon
By MOS1991 2022-12-26 18:25:11  
Yeh I did Embolden Protect V, I did think I was missing cocoon but I figured cocoon isn’t going to turn those 200’s into 20-30’s which is what I feel like a runefencer usually gets hit for, I take less damage on my BRD when pulling than what I did when I went in on runefencer. I guess I need more job points maybe
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-12-26 18:48:40  

Just in case its worth asking, are you sure you didn't get stuck in a mid-cast set (perhaps with no dt/pdt at all?) or something and didn't swap back to your tanking set? (Not foolproof, but I do like equipviewer as a general way of seeing sets are equiped visually) If your sure thats not the case then ignore this, carry on.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-27 01:52:01  
This may be a silly question but does your own enhancing magic skill effect the potency of phalanx if somebody else casts it on you? (SCH using Accesion).
Phalanx has two main sources to empower its potency:
1) Enhancing skill (caps at 500)
2) Phalanx+

The former depends on who casts the spell.
The latter depends on who receives it.

So if you want to benefit from phalanx+ it means your RUN has to be equipping related gear while your SCH casts it.
And your SCH will need to be at 500 enha skill when accession-ing it.

You probably already know this but keep in mind Phalanx is a static damage reduction and is calculated at the end of the damage formula. Let's say for example a scenario where Phalanx produces DMG-40.
It means that if your RUN receives a damage that would normally do 150 dmg after all other sources of damage reduction (Defense, VIT, DT- etc).
With a Phalanx of -40 your RUN would receive 110 DMG instead.
If we're talking about something that would deal 1000 DMG the result would be 960.
From this it's pretty clear that Phalanx has a huge impact on stuff that deals little damage (like a huge amount of low level monsters that you're tanking/kiting) but barely makes a difference against targets that deal very high damage.

I'm trying to say that if you got killed by one or two hits from something, Phalanx will hardly ever be the difference between surviving or dying.
By MOS1991 2022-12-27 03:12:37  
Yeh I for sure had my DT set on, I went in purely for testing, I simply just wandered in with my DT set on (4/5 Nyame) and +3 Erliaz body and all the accessories ect, and just buffed up and pulled a group to see how hard they hit, and was very surprised by the numbers, regular mobs on floor 1 hitting for 200 just seemed extreme but I do only have 50 JPs on RUN and thus MLv0 as well, which I guess is a factor
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-12-27 05:31:18  
Yeh I for sure had my DT set on, I went in purely for testing, I simply just wandered in with my DT set on (4/5 Nyame) and +3 Erliaz body and all the accessories ect, and just buffed up and pulled a group to see how hard they hit, and was very surprised by the numbers, regular mobs on floor 1 hitting for 200 just seemed extreme but I do only have 50 JPs on RUN and thus MLv0 as well, which I guess is a factor

Lack of Epeolatry, DT-75% in total, and lack of defensive songs will do that in C. Also depends on what your phalanx+ set looks like as well.

Edit; Thought a bit more on this. If you were getting hit for 200 at 50% DT and phalanx that means they would have been doing 450+. With Epeo that would be 112 damage without phalanx and with a good phalanx+ set that would bring it down to about 42 damage per mob. This sounds like you weren't in DT gear really as floor 1 mobs normally hit for 0 on tanks and on DDs with 50% they take damage low enough damage that regen V will keep them at full.
By MOS1991 2022-12-27 07:45:13  
Odin.Creaucent said: »

Lack of Epeolatry, DT-75% in total, and lack of defensive songs will do that in C. Also depends on what your phalanx+ set looks like as well.

Edit; Thought a bit more on this. If you were getting hit for 200 at 50% DT and phalanx that means they would have been doing 450+. With Epeo that would be 112 damage without phalanx and with a good phalanx+ set that would bring it down to about 42 damage per mob. This sounds like you weren't in DT gear really as floor 1 mobs normally hit for 0 on tanks and on DDs with 50% they take damage low enough damage that regen V will keep them at full.

This is the lines I was thinking on too, I take no where near the amount of damage that I did when I tank on BRD or even just DDing on SAM, which is why I was so surprised. Maybe somehow I wasn’t in my DT gear, but I was not using gear swap purposely to avoid any sort of gear malfunctions, sounds like I messed up somewhere I will double check later, my phalanx set is only Reic head and then +4 in other slots from Herc. Next to no Enhancing magic skill but it wasn’t who cast the spell phalanx anyway so I don’t think that makes any difference.
By MOS1991 2022-12-27 07:45:13  

This is the lines I was thinking on too, I take no where near the amount of damage that I did when I tank on BRD or even just DDing on SAM, which is why I was so surprised. Maybe somehow I wasn’t in my DT gear, but I was not using gear swap purposely to avoid any sort of gear malfunctions, sounds like I messed up somewhere I will double check later, my phalanx set is only Reic head and then +4 in other slots from Herc. Next to no Enhancing magic skill but it wasn’t who cast the spell phalanx anyway so I don’t think that makes any difference.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-27 07:47:15  
my phalanx set is only Relic head and then +4 in other slots from Herc.
"only"

xD
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-12-27 08:04:31  

As Sechs points out "only" +4 on herc is a high end phalanx+ set as you are only missing +4 total from the 4 herc pieces. Highest with capped phalanx gear is +31 and thats with changing weapon so cap of 66 with 500 skill. With Embolden and 500 skill would make phalanx have a potency cap of 90.

If you can show us your DT set we can always see if there are any mistakes. With 4/5 Nyame and Empy+3 body you would need another 21 DT or PDT to cap.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-12-27 12:15:08  
With Embolden and 500 skill would make phalanx have a potency cap of 90.
This seems a bit off to me. Highest phalanx I can calculate with embolden, 500 skill, and +31 phalanx is 82.

30 base at 500 skill. Embolden with JP, is *1.7. 30*1.7=51 +31 in gear = 82

Can you go over how you're getting your number there?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-12-27 13:59:35  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
This seems a bit off to me. Highest phalanx I can calculate with embolden, 500 skill, and +31 phalanx is 82.

Hmmm.

Assuming 500 Skill from a SCH or RDM = 35
4/5 armor slots with +5 (20). Head is +7 (27). DM augmented GS for another +5 (32).

(35 * 1.7) + 32 = 91.
59 + 32 = 91.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-12-27 16:37:30  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Phalanx 35 from a RDM or SCH and this guy has a pocket SCH! Embolden with JPs for extra 70% so 59 rounded down, 4/5 +5 Herc(+20 total), +7 from Relic head, +4 from Deacon Sword is +90 in total or +91 with DM GS which i completely forgot about.

30 base Phalanx is 358 enhancing magic skill not 500 this is where you are going wrong.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-12-27 17:08:45  
Ahhh. I see the problem is me attempting to do something from memory. And my memory is ***. XD

Very good. And that makes sense now.
First Page 2 3 ... 185 186 187 ... 188 189 190