Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 188 189 190
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-10-28 09:08:59  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Tbf it could be that it's a static HP+25 as well instead of a 25%, wouldn't be the first regen enhancing piece that has this "error".
That's not an error, in any sense of the word. Regen effects with a percentage symbol (like Bolelabunga) are percentages, regen effects without a percentage symbol (like Taeon, Morgelai, and Erilaz Earring) are a flat value increase.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-28 11:11:06  
Musa's aug was written as 25% for a long time, but it was actually a static +25.
(the text has been fixed now)

I guess this was the case with Morgelai as well, but the new "fixed" description hasn't been adjusted everywhere.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-28 12:10:31  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Rune can reach the 90+ potency Regen IV if I remember correctly, but I'd want to double check my numbers on that...

It's been a few weeks or so, but I checked my RUN's values with HQ1 Su4 sword, nq earring, 3 Taeon pieces, belt and gorget, relic+3 legs and af+3 head (i prefer longer regens over shorter, more potent ones) and I think I was able to hit between +93-98 regen per tick. You also have to account for RUN's native Auto Regen trait (+3), and I think I may have been using a Chirich Ring +1 in my normal hybrid set, which pushed it an additional 2. If you wanted to be fancy in a less healing focused group, you can throw Turms Feet/Hands and Relic +3 body in as a swap for an additional 16/tick Regen, pushing you over 100HP/tick Regen on yourself. That's not even counting the self-healing you get from a Turms +1 hands parry proc.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-28 21:26:02  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Rune can reach the 90+ potency Regen IV if I remember correctly, but I'd want to double check my numbers on that...

It's been a few weeks or so, but I checked my RUN's values with HQ1 Su4 sword, nq earring, 3 Taeon pieces, belt and gorget, relic+3 legs and af+3 head (i prefer longer regens over shorter, more potent ones) and I think I was able to hit between +93-98 regen per tick. You also have to account for RUN's native Auto Regen trait (+3), and I think I may have been using a Chirich Ring +1 in my normal hybrid set, which pushed it an additional 2. If you wanted to be fancy in a less healing focused group, you can throw Turms Feet/Hands and Relic +3 body in as a swap for an additional 16/tick Regen, pushing you over 100HP/tick Regen on yourself. That's not even counting the self-healing you get from a Turms +1 hands parry proc.

It's been months since I tested Morgelai so it's not information I hold in my head. Like I said, I would have to double check my notes.

Also, @Sechs, Musa was never incorrect... It was Morgelai that was.. I was the person that filed the bug report and got it corrected. Added a small note to check the discussion page on it for more information.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-29 05:54:06  
Also, @Sechs, Musa was never incorrect... It was Morgelai that was..
No Brahms, I apologize but you're wrong here.
I can't tell you how long the description on Musa was kept that way, but it was.
At start on patch release day the description text was with a "%".
It stayed like that at least the time to do 3-4 Divergence runs because in my LS we completed our first Musa before they changed the text.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-10-29 08:22:51  
I believe the max possible Regens for RUN self-casting are 85 without Embolden (30*1.1+3+3+3+3+3+12+25) and 108 with embolden (30*1.1*1.7+3+3+3+3+3+12+25).

I personally drop some Taeon pieces for duration, though.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-29 09:55:08  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Also, @Sechs, Musa was never incorrect... It was Morgelai that was..
No Brahms, I apologize but you're wrong here.
I can't tell you how long the description on Musa was kept that way, but it was.
At start on patch release day the description text was with a "%".
It stayed like that at least the time to do 3-4 Divergence runs because in my LS we completed our first Musa before they changed the text.

I just checked the Musa history page and I see you added the augment change note 2 years ago. It would have been helpful if someone added a note on the bottom of the main page though.

However, Morgelai's description was wrong for nearly 2 years and no one bothered to check... Which is where my comment on filing the bug report to get it corrected came in.

So in essence, we are both right.

Anyway, I'm out. This is making me tired and I just got up...
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-29 10:15:23  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I believe the max possible Regens for RUN self-casting are 85 without Embolden (30*1.1+3+3+3+3+3+12+25) and 108 with embolden (30*1.1*1.7+3+3+3+3+3+12+25).

I personally drop some Taeon pieces for duration, though.

As per my personal testing when I bought Sroda Belt (copied from Discord):

Results of Soda Belt Testing.
Non-Emboldened (Belt & Morgelai) 62 HP/tick Regen IV self-cast.

Emboldened (Belt & Morgelai): 87 HP/tick Regen IV self-cast.
Current maximum possible Regen IV self cast is 102 HP/tick. But duration would be 55 seconds... lol
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-10-29 12:38:47  
Sorry, I forgot about Sroda Belt. That should change it to 91 normally (30*1.3+3+3+3+3+3+12+25) and 118 with Embolden (30*1.3*1.7+3+3+3+3+3+12+25).

Edit: I just checked my values and I'm actually getting 1 more regen than I should be after taking Auto-Regen into account (I'm getting 91/118, but I only have the +1 Sortie earring instead of +2).

Messing around with it more, it looks like something is odd about Sacro Gorget/Sroda Belt. They're each giving 1 more Regen than they should be, but the extra HP isn't stacking between the two.

Regen IV: 30
Regen IV w/ Sacro Gorget: 34 (should be 30*1.1 = 33)
Regen IV w/ Sroda Belt: 37 (Should be 30*1.2 = 36)
Regen IV w/ Both: 40 (Should be 30*1.3 = 39)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-29 13:33:32  
I did those exact same tests and saw something similar, was getting extra regen somewhere. Chalked it up to the way the percentages were rounded. I accounted for chirich ring and auto regen in the numbers I put up above, but it was off of my loose memory and I only have hq1 sword.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-10-29 14:46:19  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Sorry, I forgot about Sroda Belt. That should change it to 91 normally (30*1.3+3+3+3+3+3+12+25) and 118 with Embolden (30*1.3*1.7+3+3+3+3+3+12+25).

Edit: I just checked my values and I'm actually getting 1 more regen than I should be after taking Auto-Regen into account (I'm getting 91/118, but I only have the +1 Sortie earring instead of +2).

Messing around with it more, it looks like something is odd about Sacro Gorget/Sroda Belt. They're each giving 1 more Regen than they should be, but the extra HP isn't stacking between the two.

Regen IV: 30
Regen IV w/ Sacro Gorget: 34 (should be 30*1.1 = 33)
Regen IV w/ Sroda Belt: 37 (Should be 30*1.2 = 36)
Regen IV w/ Both: 40 (Should be 30*1.3 = 39)

Sroda likely uses the same code/calculation as the SCH Empy head. It calculates Regen Potency the same way.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2022-11-07 10:46:51  
Hello Folks, I need you'r pointers.

I need an idle aoe tank set, that wouldnt use any odysey pieces... Are the sets in the bg wiki community guide ok? Or would anyone else have a set they wouldnt mind to post?

Thankx in advance!

Edit: With epeo, if it matters.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-11-07 11:04:35  
A number of the guides out there are either old or have sets without Ody gear you can look at.
Plug in Empy+2/+3 that you have where it fits.
Making a capped DT set is really easy and really fill in the set will depend on what your other goals are.
 Asura.Sagaxi
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2022-11-07 11:07:30  
Thanks Bippin,

I both look at the main threads on xiah and guides on bgwiki. When I compare the oldies sets, they date from 2018-ish era... lol. Most f the time I can wipe out sets myself, but I always hated tank jobs. So here I am. I anyone else want to add a chime, feel free, otherwise, I'll go with your suggestions.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-11-07 11:15:44  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Rune_Fencer_Guide#Situational_Sets

Has idle sets without any Ody gear.
[+]
 Asura.Evihime
user: Evihime
By Asura.Evihime 2022-11-20 21:30:02  
Hey yo, what do everyone use nowdays for Dimi WS set? Is nyame 5/5 a thing? I have r20
By RiggityWrekd 2022-11-20 23:11:37  
Asura.Evihime said: »
Hey yo, what do everyone use nowdays for Dimi WS set? Is nyame 5/5 a thing? I have r20

I would say yes because:

1) you don't want to get caught in WS set with no defensive stats
2) other options for run kinda suck

Maybe meghanada gloves +2 are still better than nyame gauntlets below r20.
[+]
 Asura.Evihime
user: Evihime
By Asura.Evihime 2022-11-21 04:47:16  
What about neck and waist?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-11-21 08:28:47  
I use Fotia Gorget and R15 Kentarch Belt +1.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-11-21 22:53:28  
99RUN/58BLU Magic Fruit with Sroda belt as only Cure Pot, 810.

That's not bad while capping SIRD/DT.

Also whoever does the bgwiki updates can fix magic fruit to say potency gets nothing from healing magic skill.

Test:
Cheat hp with 99RUN/58BLU,
No cure potency/potency received
Native Skills Blu 209, Healing 0
Magic Fruit 610 Healing

Cheat hp with 99PLD/58BLU,
Native Skills Blu 209, Healing 451
Magic Fruit 610 Healing

Also tried adding incanter torque(+10), stikini rings(+16), 0 change to magic fruit value. So I don't think Blue Skill is doing anything for it either or the change is >+26 which seems unreasonable.
By Nariont 2022-11-22 00:21:05  
May be misunderstanding the formula but could you just be hard capped from your natural vit/mnd to the point skill adds nothing?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-22 00:22:08  
Vaerix said: »

Also whoever does the bgwiki updates can fix magic fruit to say potency gets nothing from healing magic skill.

Test:
Magic Fruit 610 Healing

Magic Fruit 610 Healing

Also tried adding incanter torque(+10), stikini rings(+16), 0 change to magic fruit value. So I don't think Blue Skill is doing anything for it either or the change is >+26 which seems unreasonable.

Incorrect. The reason you aren't getting an increase from skill is because you're already hard capped on base potency. You can't go over 610 without cure pot
By Vaerix 2022-11-22 00:29:28  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Vaerix said: »

Test:
Magic Fruit 610 Healing

Magic Fruit 610 Healing

Incorrect. The reason you aren't getting an increase from skill is because you're already soft capped on base potency.

So the only way to add potency for /blu magic fruit is just potency and potency received? Weather/staff etc?

Edit: saw the edit, thanks for the info proth
By Nariont 2022-11-22 00:33:33  
Yup
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-22 00:34:48  
Weather doesn't have any effect on blue magic heals.

It's a good thing and a bad thing. Bad cause of course losing that extra potency sucks, but good cause it means dark weather, which is present in literally every end game activity these days, doesn't gimp you at all.
By SimonSes 2022-11-22 03:15:57  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Weather doesn't have any effect on blue magic heals.

It's a good thing and a bad thing. Bad cause of course losing that extra potency sucks, but good cause it means dark weather, which is present in literally every end game activity these days, doesn't gimp you at all.

This is not a rule for blue magic heals. It just happens to be like that for carrot and fruit.
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2022-11-27 16:03:38  
Hello Guys, got a question on RUN/SCH is this a thing for new sortie content? how do you go about it? I'm usually /DRK or /BLU and noticing that Im taking too much dmg on Dhartokk, this is my set below which is kinda similar to the one posted above, any tips to make it better will be appreciated, thanks.

main="Epeolatry",
sub="Refined Grip +1",
ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head="Nyame Helm",
neck="Futhark Torque +2",
ear1="Tuisto Earring",
ear2="Hermodr Earring",
body="Erilaz Surcoat +2",
hands="Turms Mittens +1",
ring1="Defending Ring",
ring2="Moonlight Ring",
back=gear.RUN_TANK_JSE_back,
waist="Engraved Belt",
legs="Eri. Leg Guards +2",
feet="Turms Leggings +1"}
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-11-27 16:19:48  
Is your team just taking a long time to kill it? Dhartokk is the tamest of all of them to me (goat just hits harder in general and dispel/stun spam is annoying as ***, and those status effect totems on balamor are also extremely annoying). Pump water resistance and he practically can't do anything, his only physical move can be parried (the belly flop), and as long as he dies before enrage and you antidote/remedy/pulse your poisons off Clobbering Smash will never be able to kill you. Only other thing I can think of is you aren't killing the Botulus thus you're getting Taint on you, and there's nothing you can do about that besides getting the metal to downgrade it into a removable poison.
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2022-11-27 16:21:46  
Think some of the autoattacks are magical, so parry not really doing much against them. I use /sch mostly for convenience, getting slightly faster/cheaper flash/foil/stoneskins with light arts, access to erase/nas/cure4, aoe refresh/sneak/invis to help the sch, and aoe aspir to tag a group for A/B shards.

For survival, I use enmity spells/jas with nyame/erilaz in main slots + enmity accessories due to the constant stun/fetters on some of the NMs and MB setup doesn't really have enmity issues.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-11-27 18:11:00  
I just Sforzo at 50% for E boss since it's not like I need it for any other point in our runs. Eliminates the need to think.
First Page 2 3 ... 184 185 186 ... 188 189 190