user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-11 12:29:49  
Legs should be good for VS when uncapped attack
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-11 12:53:52  
I haven't posted anything since I haven't seen confirmation on augment caps yet. Some pieces are useful even without augments, though.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-11 13:02:10  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I haven't posted anything since I haven't seen confirmation on augment caps yet. Some pieces are useful even without augments, though.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55805/odyssey-gaol-gear-augments-march-2021

Should be 99% reliable.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-11 13:03:21  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55805/odyssey-gaol-gear-augments-march-2021

Should be 99% reliable.
I was talking about the previous set, since the guy was asking about Mpaca.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-11 13:16:42  
Ah, my mistake.

These are the R15 stats, which can be extrapolated for R20 stats, especially if you take the datamines R30 stats into consideration.

Cap: Attack 15, Skillchain dmg 8%
Doublet: attack 15, STP+4
Gloves: attack 15, TA DMG 5%
Hose: attack 15, Physical dmg limit +4%
Feet attack 15, MAB +30
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-11 13:19:51  
Yeah, I have R30 in my simulations already since that's what my parser gets from wiki and it sounds like work to manually change them. Weren't R20 ones posted though on that update?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-11 13:22:22  
The R15 versions were taken from the NPC, while the R30 were taken from datamining.

No one posted the R20 versions yet, but anyone with V15 Arebati clear would be able to see them on the NPC.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-11 13:28:53  
Probably R15 ones I recall seeing then. I do have some (surprising to some) simulation results with R30 gear and 3 step self skillchains, but if R30 isn't obtainable, those numbers don't really mean a whole lot which is why I haven't really cared to post any.
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 13:38:27  
Asura.Geriond said: »
The R15 versions were taken from the NPC, while the R30 were taken from datamining.

No one posted the R20 versions yet, but anyone with V15 Arebati clear would be able to see them on the NPC.

Chiaia datamained augments cover every rank from 1 to 30
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-03-16 22:30:07  
So I have to ask. How do Sakpata's fists stack up against Godhands? I haven't seen any breakdown on it. I'm curious to know how close they come at R 20.
By SimonSes 2021-03-17 02:04:00  
I don't even need to check math for it to tell you, that it's not even close.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 07:45:32  
Not a MNK-only question but let's try asking here first.
So LS friend of mine has been having a strange issue and I can't find a reasonable explanation for it.

He's trying to land Shell Crusher on some low level targets, but most of the time it doesn't land even though he's using BiS Acc/Macc gear.

How does he know it doesn't land?
Because he tries to overwrite the effect with a weaker one.
When Shell Crusher landed, the weaker effect will give "no effect" message. When it didn't land, the weaker effect will.

He's been trying on Tigers and Raazs in Kamir Drifts
Then matamata in morimar basalt fields and a pugils + toads in marjami ravine.
He even tried locking his gear to the Shell Crusher set to be sure it wasn't a problem with Gearswap, but same result.

If it never landed I would've been led to think it's a recent bug with Shell Crusher.
But since it sometimes, very rarely, does land, then I'm left with no clue.
Surely with BiS gear Shell Crusher shouldn't be resisted on such low level targets?
What could the culprit of this issue be?
By SimonSes 2021-03-17 08:09:07  
I tried it and it landed 5/5 on Tigers and Raaz in Kamir, but I verified it simply by waiting till it wears off (it shows in log when it wears off). So its probably some problem with debuffs overwriting each other or something.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 10:59:13  
I thought about that, but if were a case of lower buff overwriting a higher then frightful roar should always give the "landed". Message. The fact that most of the time it does but sometimes it gives the "no effect" (meaning a similar but stronger effect was already up on the target, leaves me confused.

What else could his problem be?
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-17 11:40:34  
That sounds like a bug to me. Because some of the spells didn't land, that means Shell Crusher effects applied but only some of them would stick long enough for it to show.

This feels like it was wearing off quickly.

The BST usually used this to check out their pet effects on monsters. Maybe you can give it a try:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/12408/absorbing-shield
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-17 11:45:57  
What is BIS shell crusher btw?
Using this atm
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 12:33:22  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
That sounds like a bug to me. Because some of the spells didn't land, that means Shell Crusher effects applied but only some of them would stick long enough for it to show.
Almost like you said. With the difference that the effect from Shell Crusher didn't land at all because there was no "wears off" message.
He got the wears off message only those times where Frightful Roar gave "no effect" message, which rightfully means the effect couldn't land because a stronger version was already there.
He was dualboxing MNK with BiS (or close to BiS?) shell crusher gear and a BLU.

I'll forward the BST trick to him anyway.
Once I'm home I'm gonna go do the same test Simon did myself.
If this is a bug, I'm wondering what it could be honestly.

@Bippin
I think his set is the same but has Macc+30 cape.
By SimonSes 2021-03-17 12:47:53  
Maybe the overwrite mechanic in this case is based not how potent is effect, but based on duration. Roar has 3 min duration and Shell Crusher is 3min at 1000TP. Maybe sometimes he applied 3 min duration def down from Shell Crusher and was able to overwrite it and sometimes it was longer and he couldnt.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Once I'm home I'm gonna go do the same test Simon did myself.

Remember to be patient, it takes a while for effect to wears off :)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 18:12:13  
Loved your idea, thought we finally found the culprit, but alas it didn't work.
So I went and did some tests for the past few hours, some of the things I'm about to say were probably already known, but I'll confirm them I guess

Shell Crusher
  • The duration is not in tiers, every TP point works. You get ~0.18 seconds of duration every 1 point of TP

• In like, I lost count, but probably more than 20 Shell Crushers, not even a single of them got fully resisted on Tigers and Raaz in Kamiir Drifts, close to the HP. Not even partial resists to be fair, all of the times I used Crusher I got the full duration def down effect.

• Shell Crusher overwrites itself, always. A 3K Shell Crusher will overwrite the duration of a 1K one, but a 1K Shell Crusher also does overwrite a 3K one.

• Frightful Roar seems to overwrite Shell Crusher most of the times, but sometimes it gives "no effect", maybe there's an error in the test here

• Sweeping gouge overwrites Shell Crusher, even a 3k one

• Shell Crusher doesn't overwrite either over the 3 BLU spells, no matter the TP you use crusher with

BLU spells
  • The description of Frightful Roar on BG wiki is wrong. Frightful Roar doesn't overwrite itself and doesn't overwrite the other 2 BLU spells either.

• Sweeping Gouge doesn't overwrite itself, doesn't overwrite Frightful Roar, doesn't overwrite Tenebral Crush

• Tenebral Crush doesn't overwrite Tenebral Crush even if the second one is cast with more macc than the previous

I didn't test if Tenebral overwrites Sweeping Gouge or Frightful Roar.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-17 18:56:23  
Ok so tl;dr

Shell Crusher always overwrites itself no matter the TP.
The 3 BLU spells always overwrite Shell Crusher.
The 3 BLU spells never overwrite themselves or one of the other two, no matter the potency/duration.
Shell Crusher never overwrites any of the 3 BLU spells, regardless of TP/Macc.
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2021-03-21 07:10:17  
Does anyone have updated sets that use Mpaca for Tp, Hybrid and ws sets?
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-21 07:28:05  
Did they ninja fix the broken tp bonus on the head, or does it still not work?
By SimonSes 2021-03-21 08:09:01  
GlassyCraver said: »

afaik it still doesnt work. I have seen some Spirit Within test here somewhere.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-21 11:18:28  
SimonSes said: »
GlassyCraver said: »

afaik it still doesnt work. I have seen some Spirit Within test here somewhere.
Happen to have a link or know what thread is was posted in?
By Nariont 2021-03-21 11:23:26  
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/213/#3569815
By Foxfire 2021-03-22 00:13:26  
alright monk nerds

what's a natural weapon progression for non-rema while i learn how to farm 50k beads all over again

i have some suwaiyas i guess i got while i was doing aeonics years ago and i equipped it for memes but it's probably not that good so hmu with the recs
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-22 00:23:38  
karambit, it's pretty competitive in most scenarios. it will beat some of the lower options like spharai. it's good enough i wouldn't make godhands either if you have other weapons in mind.
By Foxfire 2021-03-22 00:51:24  
i don't have any other aeonics currently in mind other than heishi just because i wanna play nin for irrelevant content, so no real loss in aiming for godhands. definitely not making vere.

ambuscade weapon is a realistic goal, but i'm tied up making sword/dagger for other jobs this month, unless i somehow manage to do an obscene amount of ambuscade and i get enough gallantry zzz

thanks for the suggestion, aus.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-22 01:10:22  
if you're on asura an aeonic doesn't cost much more than a pulse weapon so i'd pick godhands if i had the choice. bead farming is boring, though.

suwaiyas aren't bad but also look at jolt counters for a very easy to obtain and decent h2h.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-22 02:07:58  
suwaiyas are pretty far behind karambit, but they do perform better than to about equal to jolt +1s

i'd pick heishi, use suwaiyas for a month and get karambit next ambuscade round
First Page 2 3 ... 332 333 334 ... 363 364 365