First Page 2 3 ... 331 332 333 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-05 08:23:13  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Wait something doesn't make sense. Unless I got it wrong. Can you proc DA twice in a 2-hit H2H WS? Or does it have to be 2 different types of multi-attack?

You can proc a multi-attack on each hit of the weaponskill.

First two hits only, apparently
By SimonSes 2021-03-05 09:01:39  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Wait something doesn't make sense. Unless I got it wrong. Can you proc DA twice in a 2-hit H2H WS? Or does it have to be 2 different types of multi-attack?

I think for h2h and DW its once per hand actually, but im not sure.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-05 09:06:05  
So you can only proc once on 2H WS?
By SimonSes 2021-03-05 09:09:38  
So you can only proc once on 2H WS?

You can proc twice on 2h WS if WS has at least 2hits base.

2handed: Proc once on 1hit WS, Proc 2 times on 2 or more hits WS
DW&H2H: Proc once on each hand for total of 2.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-05 09:38:23  
The last time it came up people said a multi hit dw ws like evis for example was a MH OH MH MH MH MH instead of MH MH MH MH MH OH

So the difference between "first two hits" and "once each hand" was null
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-03-05 09:54:17  

Woops, thanks for the correction.
By SimonSes 2021-03-05 10:54:29  
The last time it came up people said a multi hit dw ws like evis for example was a MH OH MH MH MH MH instead of MH MH MH MH MH OH

So the difference between "first two hits" and "once each hand" was null

It's null for h2h, but not really for DW. If you for example use Decimation with 200damage Axe in main hand and 117damage dagger in offhand, then MA proc of Axe is much stronger than MA proc of Dagger. Im not really sure how accuracy works in DW WSs too. Maybe offhand hit and offhand MA proc have 95% accuracy cap, while main hand hits and MA proc has 99%, which would also make a difference.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-05 11:38:28  
Was it ever found out if it's "first two hits" or "max two times per WS, max once per hit"

Not even sure if this makes any difference at all, maybe it's the same result in the end so it's irrelevant.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-05 11:45:01  
It only matters in that it could result in two main hand Xa if it's any hit, vs first two hits.

MH(da) OH(da) MH MH MH MH
MH(da) OH MH(da) MH MH MH

There would be a damage difference
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-05 12:22:21  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Was it ever found out if it's "first two hits" or "max two times per WS, max once per hit"

Not even sure if this makes any difference at all, maybe it's the same result in the end so it's irrelevant.
First two hits. MH > OH > Remaining Normal Hits of WS with MH > MH MA > OF MA. Each weapon has it's own hit rate applied to their swings.

When DW, first two hits are MH and OH, so you get one MA check for each.

I verified myself forever ago.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-05 12:23:36  
The latter would also have a higher chance for additional hits, because it'd continue checking for MA on each hit until you get the 2 bonus hits.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-03-05 18:10:24  
SimonSes said: »
Sylph.Ticktick said: »
Since DA and WSD don't interact multiplicatively, you don't need to think about marginal values when determining which is better. DA is always 2x as valuable as an equal quantity of WSD until you reach 100%.

I think I know what you mean, but its not entirely true, because of how priority in Multi-attack proc works. QA and TA will diminish value of DA, but wont diminish value of WSD. For example 3%QA and 30%TA will diminish that 2:1 ratio of DA to WSD to like 1.33:1 if Im not mistaken in my napkin math.

yeah, you need ~50% combined QA and TA to make 1 DA = 1 WSD, ignoring any complications from the 8 hit max. 1 TA = 1 WSD at 75% QA.
I want to emphasize that the earlier calculations are only for >=2 hit WS where all hits have the same FTP and main hand and off hand are approximately the same strength because I'm sure someone will take them out of context.
By Butcherb0y 2021-03-06 11:06:20  
So with the discussion above, is it safe to assume the importance and priority of MA(TA,QA) on gear is more important than stacking WSD for WS like HF and TK?
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-06 11:15:50  
Probably related, in the case of RF which has 5-hit. Can TA proc twice but drop the extra hits so you will cap at 8 hits? Or it will only proc once and you will end up with 7-hit max?

Assuming you only have TA.
By SimonSes 2021-03-06 11:33:08  
Probably related, in the case of RF which has 5-hit. Can TA proc twice but drop the extra hits so you will cap at 8 hits? Or it will only proc once and you will end up with 7-hit max?

Assuming you only have TA.

It can proc twice and will be capped at 8.
By SimonSes 2021-03-06 11:36:10  
Butcherb0y said: »
So with the discussion above, is it safe to assume the importance and priority of MA(TA,QA) on gear is more important than stacking WSD for WS like HF and TK?

Yeah, but its nothing new tho. That's a known fact since H2H WS update. Ticktick just explained exact ratio.
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-06 12:03:11  
How much dmg would Vere+GH do in a Sheol C run over a GH only MNK as a %?

5%? 10%? More?
By SimonSes 2021-03-06 14:13:27  
GlassyCraver said: »

5%? 10%? More?

I think you overrating the power of theorycrafting XD
Way too many variables. Its possible you would do more with just GH for example. Also when killing trash mobs, tons of DPS is virtual (less on monk, but still). I mean many times your WS damage will overkill and killspeed will be the same, while damage on parse wont.

In repeatable event like Odyssey C, you simply need to check what works best and look more on a kill speed, not at parse numbers.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-06 16:30:34  

5%? 10%? More?

I have only done this in Sheol B. But I suspect GH only is enough depending on the buffs because almost everything can be killed with 3 WS and SC.

I tried them both in soil in B. Vere mostly wins if you can kill with smites and 1 SC or less. This is possible at lower levels but at higher levels it seems to leave out a bit of HP unless impetus is fully buffed. If the mobs in C has more HP and def then you will probably need something extra to consistently kill them fast. I would almost always do SS>Smite>Smite or SS>Smite>SS (impetus down).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-06 16:52:44  
SimonSes said: »

5%? 10%? More?

I think you overrating the power of theorycrafting XD
Way too many variables. Its possible you would do more with just GH for example. Also when killing trash mobs, tons of DPS is virtual (less on monk, but still). I mean many times your WS damage will overkill and killspeed will be the same, while damage on parse wont.

In repeatable event like Odyssey C, you simply need to check what works best and look more on a kill speed, not at parse numbers.

Yeah, but this is exactly what happens when you spreadsheet and math everything and people ignore context. It becomes a magic button for people. They don't know any better and start asking for unreasonable predictions on gear/weapon choices without even considering the dozens of variables that neither you nor they can provide. Everything turns into TELL ME WHICH ONE IS BETTER SO I DON'T HAVE TO THINK. Because the parse/spreadsheet is supposed to answer all of their questions.

That aside, Monk is going to suffer the most dps loss than other jobs in Sheol C due to only being able to use blunt weapons. It literally won't matter if you swap out weapons optimally between Verethragna and Godhands or just stick with one, you will hit a 50% resistance on a handful of monsters anyways. Both will be gimped at some point (one may be "1%" less gimp)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-06 17:14:00  
Which mobs are resistant to blunt in Sheol C other than the Trolls? (Agon Halo mobs)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-06 17:36:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Which mobs are resistant to blunt in Sheol C other than the Trolls? (Agon Halo mobs)
All Lizard, Bird, and Dragon family mobs all have an innate -50% to blunt, multiplicative with normal resistance (so for example, Greater Birds have -62.5% resistance to blunt in there).

There's also the normal blunt resistances that are still active, which includes clots (-75%), ghosts (-50%), flans (-40%), and leeches (-25%).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-06 17:42:13  
Also Wyrm and Hydra.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-06 17:44:37  
Oh, more mobs than I ever noticed.
Was pretty clear on Trolls, the other mobs you mentioned either die too fast for me to notice or we usually avoid them (clots for sure, maybe something else)

In our group normally the tank pulls a group of monster, the brd sleeps and we kill them all one by one, each taking his own target, hoping autotarget doesn't *** you up.

I wanted to point out that multiple times the DDs in your group can simply split roles.
Like for instance say the tank pulls a group of skeletons and of trolls so that the DDs kill the Agon Halo.
Once the halo is dead you can have the MNK on skellies and the other DD on Trolls.

Even when the tank pulled a single group you can often do the same with the MNK single-pulling mobs from another group while the other DD oneshots the blunt resistant mobs.

Now clearly this doesn't realistically apply to all situations, but in many others it's not really as big of an issue as one may think by reading at your list.

What am I trying to say?
Well that MNK has a clear disadvantage, but that this disadvantage is not really that big of a deal if you play it smart, most of the times.
 Bismarck.Xagashi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xagashi
By Bismarck.Xagashi 2021-03-06 23:11:28  
Updated the Community Monk Guide with:
  • Adding the Martial Arts table for end game weapons

• Broke the equipment section into TP, WS, and Misc as individual editable sections

• Updated the Counter, Counterstance, and Chakra sets

Though I rarely use counterstance, wouldn't Mpaca cap and gloves be better than Malignance purely for the gain of 22.5 defensive and additional -2 physical damage taken? I realize your trading DT for PDT, but counterstance deaths tend to be what you do not counter.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-06 23:36:47  
thanks for the updates, i haven't been able to add any of the odyssey gear but it looks like you or someone has taken care of it.
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2021-03-09 14:25:38  
Random question: does Ifrit warcry BP block Mnk boost effects? Someone asked me not to use BP recently for this reason, and I was curious how that worked.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-09 14:31:36  
I think it does.
By Trillium 2021-03-09 15:43:08  
I can confirm. Was blocked from getting tp (via boost) in SR recently due to Ifrit's buffs.
By probot85 2021-03-11 12:21:01  
I see that someone has already updated the Counterstance & Counter sets with Mpaca's body. Do any of the Mpaca pieces replace existing TP or WS pieces? From general chats with LS mates it looks like the Mpaca's Cap may be best in slot for all WS except Final Heaven but I am not seeing anyone post sets or confirming that.
First Page 2 3 ... 331 332 333 ... 363 364 365