言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 364 365
By Sleepingway 2024-01-25 11:05:25  
Are there any good guidelines for sets that prioritize subtle blow for lowman/unm/htmb tanking?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-25 11:07:15  
Cast auspice, change nothing, good to go

You have 35 base, 25II in "standard" gearsets, Monk is automatically there. (get the best relic head you can and always use chiblast)

If you lack master and/or moonbow+1/Niqmaddu/Sherida and/or your lowman has no WHM then be more specific in the set you have so we can see options.
[+]
By Taint 2024-01-25 11:13:42  
Chi Blast (Penance) and Shijin Spiral also keep the mob tame. MNK is the SB king.
[+]
By ruckusMonster 2024-01-25 11:38:13  
You have 35 subtle blow inately as a master monk. +50 is cap, and +25 more is available as Subtle blow II cap

The set I use is
35 base
12/13 from Empy+2/3 hat
+3 from Schere Earring (when Impetus is up, depending on your weapon)
=50

+5 II from Sherida Earring
+5 II from Niq Ring
+15 II from Moonbow Belt+1
=25

If your missing any of these pieces or aren't mastered yet I think your best bet is adding Kendatsuba pieces depending on your gear. But this is all BiS stuff for monk so start working on them if you don't have them.

Also as Taint said: Chi Blast with Penance and Shijin Spiral once in a while will help a ton too.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-02 12:00:19  
Quote:
I'm not saying Varga is the BEST weapon ever for Vsmite, but it seems to me it's pretty good? If it's not the best it's probably gotta be 2nd best after Vere.

ItemSet 394652

+58% crit rate with impetus up and +65% crit rate with mpaca's doublet swapped in when impetus is down feels pretty good imo. Are we sure varga isn't better than godhands? Seems to me if you get the full PDL benefit from the aftermath it should win out no?
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-02-02 12:40:51  
Its better for Vsmite, but not better for Impetus down or TK/dk/howling/raging in general.
By Taint 2024-02-02 17:13:12  
What do you guys WS in for fights like Ngai25? I've been using Nyame but that isn't great for MNK WSs.

Edit: I guess this isn't that bad.
ItemSet 362954

50 pdt, 40 pdt with impetus and Bhikku body.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-02-02 17:34:16  
mix of nyame, empy +3, and Mpaca's mostly. Because of MNK ws transferring FTP, Nyame is actually pretty ok for a lot, just due to the double attack.

Mpaca's doesn't have MDT, but it's got amazing MDB.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-03 07:04:04  
Quote:
Nyame is actually pretty ok for a lot, just due to the double attack.

Nyame has higher vitality and strength than mpaca's, which is what most of our weaponskill's stat mods are. Smite, howling fist, dragon kick, and tornado kick are all either pure strength or strength and vitality. Only raging fist uses strength and dex. I'm pretty sure nyame mail, gauntlets, and sollerets are actually better than mpaca's for howling fist and the kicks, especially at 30 (r30 body has a LOT of str/vit). I'd still use Mpaca's legs over nyame's though for the PDL, and there is no alternative to Mpaca's hat that competes with the tp bonus +200, but the other 3 Nyame pieces should be on par with or better than mpaca's in most cases. Smite still goes full crit of course, but that's a given.

On a side note, I got a Bhikku Earring +2 last month with 7 dex and 7 str, 16 macc/macc and 6 sTP. I think on almost any other job I'd be using a baseline +2 in multiple sets, but on monk the only thing I found room for it in is my raging fist set. It's really sad that even a good +2 monk earring isn't very useful. Schere/Sherida is still better for tp, and the stat mods are strength and dex. It REALLY should have been strength and vitality....
[+]
By Nariont 2024-02-03 07:24:41  
Its just the curse of mnk jse, its all kicks, counter, and chakra, but yes str/vit would have been nicer. Atleast its an okay acc swap like the rest, maybe bumps you up 1 or 2 dmg tiers, idk what h2h is at now
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-03 07:37:06  
I don't think the 12 H2H skill is enough to make it anything better than a raging fists swap unless you have like... max aug 15/15 or something. Even then you still want schere/sherida for tp so.... bleh.
By Nariont 2024-02-03 09:16:17  
S'why my main praise was the same as just about every other earring at baseline: easy 25~ acc on an accessory slot. Just not sure how needed acc swaps are these days where its not just a case of "use a madrigal" instead
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
By Gasho 2024-03-20 19:22:20  
On Ngai v25, should i go for midbuff or high buff ws sets?
Crit or wsd ~ /// wsd or pdl?

ty
By SimonSes 2024-03-21 03:29:27  
Gasho said: »
On Ngai v25, should i go for midbuff or high buff ws sets?
Crit or wsd ~ /// wsd or pdl?

ty

Depends which WS and what setup and when in the fight. If you have BRD Cor geo and want to use Tornado, then you can probably try to go for high buff. Vsmite maybe only during bolster, but it can even depend what will Cor roll. If he is able to hit XI Crooked chaos and will get job bonus, then you can probably do fine in high buff even without bolster (assuming you do geo fury and some defensive Indi). If you have PUP in the fight, he will probably use Howling, so you shouldn't (because of wall), but if you do it in some other setup, you can try doing Howling in max buff setup instead of something else in mid buff.
By Taint 2024-03-21 07:50:05  
I'd say neither if referring to the damage sim sets.

You'll want more meva/DT for v25s. DPS isn't the issue staying alive is. Its discussed on this same forum page.
By SimonSes 2024-03-21 08:34:13  
Taint said: »
I'd say neither if referring to the damage sim sets.

You'll want more meva/DT for v25s. DPS isn't the issue staying alive is. Its discussed on this same forum page.

Might be true for Vsmite. For Howling/Tornado sim should still show a mix of empy+3, Mpaca and Nyame, so should cover defensive stats quite well too.

If you fear af+3 feet for Tornado, Bhikku +3 feet are awesome compromise between survivability and damage.
[+]
By Areaden 2024-03-29 17:10:50  
What is the current bees knees for engage set?
First Page 2 3 ... 364 365