users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 272 273 274 ... 363 364 365
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-10 11:42:59  
They did say some parameters would have a greater influence across all hits now, and that extra hits would also receive the increased damage adjustment. So its an increase on top of a MA proc.

Fighters roll probably preferred as well. Those spikes look really nice.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 11:43:13  
Thats because its probably around 5ftp at 3000TP and its 3 hit, so DA adds 33% damage, TA 66%dmg, 2x TA 132%dmg.

Looks like Raging, tornado and Howling are broken good at 3000TP, but MNK has no ability to exploit it, unless paired with WAR for Warcry. WAR support can I have it? :D
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 11:46:35  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They did say some parameters would have a greater influence across all hits now, and that extra hits would also receive the increased damage adjustment. So its an increase on top of a MA proc.

It's nothing special, it's simply how MA proc impact WS with low number of hits with replicated fTP . When Base 3hit WS will do 30k, same WS with single TA proc will do ~50k. Double TA will do ~70k

Glanzfaust will for sure be way better now, but same for Godhands, because those WSs scale a lot with fTP . Its gonna be super hard to figure out now, whats optimal - hold TP for big hits like RF, Tornado etc. or spam Vsmite or shijin. Then you also have boosted potency of SCs now with Vsmite and Shijin. Awesome update!
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-10-10 12:00:47  
Guys, stop cheering about this update, or else SE will "re-balance" MNK and H2H WSs again
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
サーバ: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-10 12:02:20  
SimonSes said: »

It's nothing special, it's simply how MA proc impact WS with low number of hits with replicated fTP . When Base 3hit WS will do 30k, same WS with single TA proc will do ~50k. Double TA will do ~70k

Glanzfaust will for sure be way better now, but same for Godhands, because those WSs scale a lot with fTP . Its gonna be super hard to figure out now, whats optimal - hold TP for big hits like RF, Tornado etc. or spam Vsmite or shijin. Then you also have boosted potency of SCs now with Vsmite and Shijin. Awesome update!

Is there anyone with Glanzfaust that is testing? I have all things done. would just have to do assaults to make.
I tested it a few times on Vere. It was definitely the weakest of the weapon skills. I was barely breaking 10k. Wondering if I need to go glance at my sets again.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-10-10 12:03:08  

I don’t get paid enough to do it but it’s easy to simulate
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-10 12:08:22  
R15ing Godhands might be worth doing now?

I don't really feel like grinding out Vere (plus I need clears for Empy still)
By Aerix 2019-10-10 12:08:48  
So for RF, we're likely going to have to gear for QA/TA/DA > STR > DEX with a healthy dose of Acc/Atk from now on, I'm guessing.
[+]
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2019-10-10 12:21:31  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

It was already worth it as far as I'm concerned.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-10 12:26:04  
Thoughts on this RF set?

ItemSet 368991
- Adhemar Path B
- Herc STR/Acc/Atk/TA
- Cape with STR/Acc/Atk/DA

Possible alternatives/improvements would be Kenda body+1 or Herc hands, but I'm not sure they'd beat Adhemar or Kenda legs+1. Samnuha Tights has a lot more STR/DEX than Kenda+1 at the cost of Acc and TA, so it's hard to tell which would be better.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-10 12:32:18  
Shiva.Applesmash said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

It was already worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Should rephrase that, seemed lower on the priority list compared to other weapons. After Changos done I can't really figure out what to do next. The gun would be cool, but I mainly use R15 Anni on RNG.

Looks like I'll be doing Godhands.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 12:47:23  
Aerix said: »
Thoughts on this RF set?

ItemSet 368991
- Adhemar Path B
- Herc STR/Acc/Atk/TA
- Cape with STR/Acc/Atk/DA

Possible alternatives/improvements would be Kenda body+1 or Herc hands, but I'm not sure they'd beat Adhemar or Kenda legs+1. Samnuha Tights has a lot more STR/DEX than Kenda+1 at the cost of Acc and TA, so it's hard to tell which would be better.

Funny thing I was messing with sheet 1hr ago and figured out exactly the same set. I'm just worried about accuracy a little.

Btw I'm getting ~9500 DPS with hybrid TP set and this set for WS with R15 Godhand holding TP to 1500 for Raging Fists with IMPETUS DOWN. Thats like +2000 DPS more than before update with max tp set lol.

Oh and if you add Impetus it goes above 10k DPS and cathc up to Veret spamming Vsmite. Vsmite has much better SC options tho.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-10-10 13:02:27  
Funny thing I was messing with sheet 1hr ago and figured out exactly the same set. I'm just worried about accuracy a little.

I honestly don't see a lot of options for improving Accuracy unless you commit to Falcon Eye and more Kenda+1, which come at a hefty cost of STR, DEX and Attack.
By Crossbones 2019-10-10 13:16:31  
Just did like 2 hours of CP on apex mobs. Had sam drk war cor rolls, geo fury indi haste for buffs with RCB for food. I feel like my sets are *** up for sure, GH is my weapon. Shijin couldn't break past 22k and hovered around the 17k mark. RF avg prob around 30k with spikes of 55k. TK same avg but spiked to 87k and most other spikes around 50ks. VS did around 25k with imp up but had spikes for 45k. All of my sets, as far as I know, were the old BiS sets. My total DPS according to SB including SC dmg was around 4500. IDK HTF you're getting double that DPS unless my gear is really that *** up or you're using a different parser.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 13:30:27  
You will never get that theoretical dps

It's absolute maximum everything with zero downtime.
By Crossbones 2019-10-10 13:32:50  
Then what's even the point of mentioning it if it's basically some magical made up number? Is this more spreadsheet ***? Can we get some actual numbers in this ***?

That shijin set looks dank, I'ma have to try it out. What you guys avg with that and with what buffs?
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 13:53:21  
Thats RF set lol
By Crossbones 2019-10-10 13:55:17  
*** it, RF then. Would it be the same for shijin? Also anyone notice if the plague is stronger? Doing apex mobs for a couple hours I could swear 98% of them didnt get a single TP move off but maybe thats normal.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 13:56:18  
Thats RF set lol

Shijin and rf would be more or less identical if the goal is multi

Only maybe legs if byakkos is still too good, obviously cape and moonshade
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 13:58:38  
Shijin has a very strong DEX mod though (>80%?) and doesn't scale with TP.
RF on the other hand has low STR/DEX mods but does scale awesomely with TP.

Would you really use an almost identical set for both, barring stuff like Moonshade?

We need an updated MNK spreadsheeeeeet! With the new TP anchors and the FTP carry value.
By Aerix 2019-10-10 14:06:04  
Shijin should look something like this:

ItemSet 368998

Only slots in contention might be Regal Ring vs. Gere Ring and Knobkierrie vs. Jukukik, I think.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2019-10-10 14:12:38  
Shijin should look something like this:

ItemSet 368998

Only slots in contention might be Regal Ring vs. Gere Ring and Knobkierrie vs. Jukukik, I think.

I use Malignance body/hands for the macc to help land plague, along JSE neck +2 for the pdl which is a bonus since i play with capped attack most of the time. I did switch regal for Gere ring for that extra 5% TA in case it procs. That Set seems good for uncapped situations though, for legs I still use ye olde faithful haidates. also, how you guys post item sets like that?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 14:14:52  
And JSE+2 neck vs Fotia. Former will probably win with capped att and/or uncapped acc, and vice-versa.

My set is different, I had a couple of Mummu+2 in some slots because on the spreadsheet they were producing higher numbers than Kendatsuba+1. Guess that's no longer the case with the FTP transfer thing though, I should probably go back to Kenda+1.
By Aerix 2019-10-10 14:20:52  
MNK already has native Damage Limit+ III before any Malignance or JSE Neck+2 (which actually multiply the trait) and you'll be missing a lot of Attack+ in your gear to boot. It's very unlikely you guys are capping out all of that PDL without 1hr buffs and Berserk up.

Whether Nodowa+2's DEX+15 beats Fotia Gorget is hard to say (unless you need more Acc). For comparison, I think it took something on the level of BLU neck+1/+2 to beat Fotia for CDC, but I might be misremembering.

Edit: On the BLU spreadsheet I have Fotia beating DEX+15 by a very significant amount. So I think unless you're actually getting full use of that PDL then Nodowa+2 isn't the best.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-10-10 14:31:11  
Whether Nodowa+2's DEX+15 beats Fotia Gorget is hard to say (unless you need more Acc). For comparison, I think it took something on the level of BLU neck+1/+2 to beat Fotia for CDC.
That had nothing to do with PDL though, which isn't even present on the BLU neck.

The BLU neck has:
5% Crit rate (CDC can crit)
DEX +25 (instead of 15)
STR +25 (instead of MND+15)
STP+7 (icing on the cake)

Quite a different situation from MNK's neck.
The stats alone don't get even close to beat Fotia, but PDL+10% is no joke.

Still, I kinda agree some people take capped att for granted even in situation where they assume they will whereas they won't (you need a wide amount of overcap to take into account the natural PDL traits, like you mentioned)
I dunno, I probably play differently from many people in here and it's also true I don't have 1+ mules to boost myself with, but most of the times I'm far from being att capped.
Since I'm lazy and I don't wanna build 2000 different sets for the same WSs, I kinda draw a line somewhere and look for the most efficient compromise instead of min-maxing every single millimeter of every job.

If I had only 3-4 geared up jobs maybe, but I have way too many to do that for each of them.
By Aerix 2019-10-10 14:32:51  
On the BLU spreadsheet I have Fotia beating DEX+15 by a very significant amount (~1k). So I think unless you're actually getting full use of that PDL then Nodowa+2 isn't the best.

And I was saying it took all the additional stats on BLU neck+1/+2 to actually beat Fotia because DEX+15 (and STR+15/Crit Rate+3% for NQ BLU neck) doesn't cut it.

Edit: I'm also getting higher results for Gere Ring over Regal Ring as well as Knobkierrie vs. Jukukik Feather, so I guess I'll adjust that. I also have perfect Samnuha Tights beating Jokushu Haidate by a decent amount (~300 damage), so that remains unchanged.

If anybody is getting different results and wants to chime in that would be great. Definitely need someone to verify this.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 14:36:00  
That pdl gear is the perfect idiot trap. For real.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-10-10 14:58:03  
Can I get a tp set? Sorry if it was discussed prior.

Empyrean Body for Impetus up I get.

Kinda torn on the legs. Bhikku Hose +1 or Samnuha Tights? I was using Bhikku+1.

With Spharai I had a pretty nice kick attack rate going.
Code
sets.engagedimpetusdown =
{
    ammo="Ginsen",
    head="Ken. Jinpachi +1",
    body="Ken. Samue +1",
    hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    legs="Bhikku Hose +1",
    feet="Anch. Gaiters +2",
    neck="Mnk. Nodowa +2",
    waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear="Telos Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Epona's Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Store TP"+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}
By Aerix 2019-10-10 15:03:57  
I think this was generally considered the best TP set due to its fantastic white damage:

ItemSet 367666

Not sure about Dedition vs. Brutal vs. Telos. MNK definitely lacks a lot of STP in general, though.
By SimonSes 2019-10-10 15:12:04  
I think this was generally considered the best TP set due to its fantastic white damage:

ItemSet 367666

Only thing I'm not sure about was Dedition vs. Brutal.

Yep thats the best damage set but I no longer use it because I like having tons of dt and meva to not get debuffed or distracted from doing damage, so i use Malignance legs and hands and kenda head and feet.
First Page 2 3 ... 272 273 274 ... 363 364 365