First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-01 19:06:30  
It's possible, it just isn't done yet.

But more importantly, he didn't complete all the quests!
 Leviathan.Thania
サーバ: Leviathan
user: thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2013-03-01 22:43:35  
In my opinion, it's a bad debate. as i said earlier EVERYTHING should be taken into account with the Hour of effort formula.

Im not agree with Kalila. im not agree with a subjective 5% for quests and missions

if there are 1000 quests in FFXI and if it takes 800 hours to make them all it should give you 80 000 pts.

same for skills,spells, titles, key item, mission, map, AF etc.

this entire tracking of the game would be fair but difficult to set.
quests are my exemple again :

- Creepy crawlies : bring 3 silk thread or 3 craler calculi to illu bohjaa (lets say 5-20 minutes to do it) worth 10 to 30 pts

- Midlands investigation : examine 11 protowaypoints all over vanadiel (lets say 1 to 2H to do it) worth 50 to 100 points.

you have to track every items of the game , evaluate them in term of time of effort and give the right achievement points related to them.

It would be fair but a a LOT of work for Scragg. (maybe help him alltogether ?)

another possibility would be a simplification :

easy task 50 points
normal task 100 points
long or hard task 200 pts.

in my opinion if we use the hour of effort formula + the simplification for tasks (key item, atma, quests, items...etc), the achievement system of FFXI AH would be fairer than today. it will make people happy to finish all kind of achievement, even give a new breath and motivation for fans to achieve ALL the tasks listed (not only R E M)

some proposal :

- 1 xp = 0,001 pt ( so a job 99 = 1995 pts)
- 1 merit used = 10 pts
- 1 magic or combat skill = 2 points (so you have to skill up your job not only let it rot to 99 in abyssea afk party)
- You could propose two kind of achievement :
* achievement point and ranking based on hour of effort ( in fact the same as today with all new entries and a rethink of given points)
* a % of achievement completion not based on the first ranking nor time of effort but just list of tasks in the game.

an option to show The first or the second ranking or even the two ranking.

maybe the presence of this two kind of ranking would end the debate we having now ?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-01 22:47:49  
Leviathan.Thania said: »
In my opinion, it's a bad debate. as i said earlier EVERYTHING should be taken into account with the Hour of effort formula.

Im not agree with Kalila. im not agree with a subjective 5% for quests and missions

if there are 1000 quests in FFXI and if it takes 800 hours to make them all it should give you 80 000 pts.
It's not like relic or mythic are rewarded the points for how much gil it takes to build them.
 Leviathan.Thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2013-03-01 22:54:45  
look what i post ealier dont worry for R E M points : a 99 glow give 300 000 pts !

maybe yes R E M will represent 80% of achievement to the end. but i dont think Jinjo ( sorry to use your name dude) will have ALL R E M to 99 glow he will die from pneumonia before that !!! (sorry again dude, if you prefer to die another way, even in a beautiful woman 's arms send me a private message ill edit my post)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-01 23:00:06  
lol

It's only 70% for a normal 99, not afterglow.

Well I don't really know how much Scragg set for afterglow, that is something that will have to reward a stupid amount of points.

When I said 5%, I'm talking about 5% out of 1 million points, so you'd have 50k points for questions and missions.
 Odin.Tiffytazzy
サーバ: Odin
user: tazkwondo
By Odin.Tiffytazzy 2013-03-01 23:42:24  
Crafting just doesn't get enough credit in my opinion. Certain crafts like Goldsmithing and Smithing are usually far more costly to level all the way to 110. They certainly take a lot longer to accomplish than an Empyrean weapon. You can't sit in a party and skill up a craft. You actually have to work at it. You have to hunt down materials, manage selling finished product on the AH, farm materials that are unavailable, make GP items to help you in the craft, open up brown chests for days just to get torques that seem not to exist...

That said, someone that pays say... 20M to get all 20 jobs to 99 should not be ranked ahead of someone that seriously plays 3 or 4 jobs and has several crafts leveled. I can assure you that many shell out far more than 20M just for (1) craft.

Its tough to come up with a fair system across the board. I don't think exp should have a higher value than crafts. I also understand the system was put in play when you were a bad-*** if you had more than 3 jobs at 75.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 00:07:56  
Odin.Tiffytazzy said: »
That said, someone that pays say... 20M to get all 20 jobs to 99 should not be ranked ahead of someone that seriously plays 3 or 4 jobs and has several crafts leveled. I can assure you that many shell out far more than 20M just for (1) craft.
First I just want to say that I agree that jobs give too many points for getting to 99.

However, anyone could get their other jobs to 99 if they cared about rank. Plus, achievement points aren't about how good of a player you are but how much you've completed in the game and that includes character levels.

The value of a level 99 job needs to be lowered though.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-02 00:15:42  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
However, anyone could get their other jobs to 99 if they cared about rank.

Why should people be forced to conform to the values of a poorly designed system?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-02 00:32:43  
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 00:41:39  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Why should people be forced to conform to the values of a poorly designed system?
We've been saying that jobs are worth too many points for years already, and it might not be fixed. If you wanted to increase your rank then you could always join what others are doing and maxing out all of their jobs for easy points. The value of a level 99 job should be lowered, but that's up to Scragg.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-02 00:44:05  
So you're saying that people should conform to a poorly designed system instead of seeking to change it.

The fact that it's easily possible to exploit the current system and still gain points is irrelevant when you're discussing ways to improve the system.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-02 00:47:27  
People have been saying that for a long time, but until now there hasn't been any extensive discussion on what they should be be worth. It was almost exclusively "EXP is worth too much" which isn't very helpful when you're addressing someone who came up with the system while playing XI and no longer does so. Granted, there had been the occasional suggestion with specifics, but there was also no real place to voice it, so it had the potential to be lost.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 00:48:59  
I was giving my opinion that I think it should be lowered, but we've been asking for years that it be changed and lowered to a reasonable amount and it hasn't happened yet.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 00:52:18  
If the value of EXP is worth 0.0037 a point, a few years before the level 75 cap was lifted, then what should it be worth now?

How do you compare then to now? Average EXP per hour?
 Phoenix.Zekky
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2013-03-02 01:05:15  

We've been saying that jobs are worth too many points for years already, and it might not be fixed. If you wanted to increase your rank then you could always join what others are doing and maxing out all of their jobs for easy points. The value of a level 99 job should be lowered, but that's up to Scragg.
Then why don't we just lower the difficulty of everything else? Making a relic isn't hard to make anymore. An empy can be duo'd. So let's just lower the value of a relic/empy and boost the value of a mythic since out of those 3 it is the hardest.

And just because it is easier to lvl a job doesn't mean the value needs to be lowered. You can see the difference between those who grind up a job to 99 and leave it meritless and those who don't. But then you could complain/QQ/whatever that you can get fast/easy exp from VWNMs and then the person could dump them into <insert job> merit categories.

And we could also talk about how easy it is now to finish ZM/WoTG/ToAU/CoP/mini-expansions with lvl 99 content, so let's lower the value of those too! Because the value of those were introduced back at the 75 content.

Hell. I could bot the crap out of fishing/crafts and make it easy to obtain a higher rank too! Anyone could! And getting that ebisu fishing rod could be just as easy to obtain to someone who loads up bait, afks, responds to tells, afks. (That's directed to people who want Ebisu on the relic list but Maat's cap was taken away)

tl;dr? Stop QQ'ing about a should-be-fun rank/achievement system. Seriously. It's cool Scragg is working on making it more in-depth with introducing the merit/KIs toward your rank. Now if you wanna boost your rank on AH.com, you actually gotta go out of your way and get items/merits. But who cares! It's just a game!
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-02 01:06:15  
It's that combined with the fact that you don't even have to be there to level and the fact that it can all be done in one place and you don't have to be picky with parties. EXP just isn't the same event that it used to be.

Comparing EXP/hour directly would be odd, because now you can get basically the same from 50 to 99 (it's relatively a fair bit slower 30 to 50, I guess) and back then your ability to gain EXP effectively increased as your level did.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 01:07:15  
botting should never be a factor for determining the difficulty of something.
[+]
 Phoenix.Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2013-03-02 01:13:29  
botting should never be a factor on determining the difficulty of something.
Then Abyssea exp shouldn't be a factor on determining how difficult something is to level in the game. I don't know how it is on Siren, but I do come across parties where JPs/NAs actually do the PT setup or exp all the way to 99 without FC'ing it up or afking in a worm PT. Should those people's hard work be ignored?

And why shouldn't botting be? I sure the hell could afk right now, get my fishing up to 110, work on the Ebisu quest and then submit some suggestion along the lines that I want my Ebisu to be on the achievement list. And all I did was bot away.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 01:15:36  
You have to consider every player, and there are players that don't even play on PC. By having botting influence the worth of something you are making it unfair to them. You have to consider every single type of player, not just yourself and what you're prepared to do for your account.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-02 01:16:16  
Phoenix.Zekky said: »
And why shouldn't botting be? I sure the hell could afk right now, get my fishing up to 110, work on the Ebisu quest and then submit some suggestion along the lines that I want my Ebisu to be on the achievement list. And all I did was bot away.

Because the good that comes from legitimate players getting the pleasure of their accomplishments recognized is more important than making sure no one gets a single point they didn't earn at the cost of shortchanging legitimate players.

Not that there's anything wrong with botting.
 Leviathan.Thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2013-03-02 01:16:21  
indeed hard to calculate xp/hour ratio there are numerous factors

simplification , ill be "large" with numbers :

lvl 1 to 30 (w/o astral flow normal way) : 10h
lvl 30 to 99 ( abyssea afk madness) : 10h

total xp from 1 to 99 = 1,995,350 xp

1,995,350 : 20 hours = 99 765 xp/hour

round it 100k xp = 1h = 100 achievement pts (if you follow hour of effort formula)

1 xp = 0,001 achievement point
1 merit used = 10 pts
1 job 99 = 1995 pts

simple and clean no ?
and easy numbers, easy to manipulate , easy to understand
 Phoenix.Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2013-03-02 01:18:38  
Then you can't say that exping is easy for everyone. Not every single player has Abyssea. Not every single player wants to get Abyssea. That's the point/argument I'm making. You can't say one thing is easy and ignore the rest of the content that the achievements are building up to equate to your overall ranking on AH.com.

There are people who can make relics in a matter of weeks. Other that spend hard work and get it in months. There are Abyssea-less people who have to book burn all the way to 99. And there are people who are honest crafters and fishermen who don't afk for their stuff. That's the point.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 01:19:39  
You can't ignore Abyssea, it's part of the game. Botting is not, you can't bot on every platform, yet you can Abyssea burn on every platform.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-03-02 01:21:03  
Valefor.Angierus said: »
Can we get achievement points for posting on the forum too?
The achievement system is about how much you've completed in the game, nothing more.
 Phoenix.Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2013-03-02 01:21:08  
You can't ignore Abyssea, it's part of the game. Botting is not, you can't bot on every platform, yet you can Abyssea burn on every platform.
If you've got the content. Just like if you got a PC and can bot. So those who have bot to get their fishing up can get that up just as easy as someone who FC's up to 99.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-02 01:23:16  
Phoenix.Zekky said: »
Then you can't say that exping is easy for everyone. Not every single player has Abyssea. Not every single player wants to get Abyssea. That's the point/argument I'm making. You can't say one thing is easy and ignore the rest of the content that the achievements are building up to equate to your overall ranking on AH.com.

There are people who can make relics in a matter of weeks. Other that spend hard work and get it in months. There are Abyssea-less people who have to book burn all the way to 99. And there are people who are honest crafters and fishermen who don't afk for their stuff. That's the point.

The guy who earns $100 flipping burgers did more labor for his $100 than the surgeon, so let's make the burger flipping dollars worth more.

Yeah, no, you don't get a prize for doing things inefficiently. The fact that some people have the ability to accomplish things more efficiently than others is an ingrained part of the game, just like it's an ingrained part of life. No sleight of hand tricks with points are going to change that.
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-03-02 01:26:34  
You can afk a job from 30 to 99 regardless of system in several hours. Good luck trying that with fishing. Even if you bot from 0-110, it'll take well over a month.

And saying people don't want to abyssea and it shouldn't be worth anything/much is akin to saying we shouldn't give points to any job/content past the base game, since it's just an expansion and people don't have to have it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2013-03-02 01:44:38  
if fishing 1 to 110 takes 600 hours it should give you 60 000 achievement pts.
sadly some people are doing botfishing but we can't stop it ; ;
FFXIAH achievement ranking can't be accurate or track boting players.

anyway a fishing 110 player deserves this 60K pts IMO
[+]
 Asura.Calinzt
サーバ: Asura
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-03-02 01:59:54  
It's possible, it just isn't done yet.

But more importantly, he didn't complete all the quests!
I didn't mean I've completed all the quests. But I've completed a significant amount of quests. I was pretty sure people would misinterpret it, but I didn't know how to word it another way.

The log is called "completed quests" log. So that's what I called the pic. I didn't mean to imply I've completed the whole quests log.

It's good to hear that quests will be taken into account though. However, I do not agree with them being 5%. Some of them require a lot of work. Like Lu Shang's Finishing Rod (I didn't fishbot it, but ya who can prove it sadly;;), the Miraculous Dale is a lot of NM camping hours too...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8