フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Achievement Suggestion Form
Achievement Suggestion Form
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2013-02-25 19:30:02  
I think certain Kill Titles should earn points. imo, achievements should relate to a Map/checklist for endgame content. althought most content is old, i think it is still valued to people who dont have or have completed. Some may be harder than others given its new era of ffxi, however, if it mirrors content and a user can view achievements as a guideline to complete content it can be more appealing to everyone. not just relics etc.

hnm
wyrms/bahamut
toau hnm and kings
Salvage/chariots
Nyzul (Runic Disc KI).
Dynamis
wotg sandworm/ixion
voidwatch (can count for clears)
meebles
limbus
einherjar
sea
sky

eco warrior lol

and -

of course these shouldnt be a high value.

Tab Combat/Magic skills
including wsmms
possible an extension to nyzul.

spells/blue magic.
[+]
 Shiva.Karichan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2013-02-25 19:34:00  
I just want to see exp worth less and Mythics worth WAY more.

Actual values escape me as I don't think I could balance that without live testing.

Trials that are more costly should also reward more points. [95 Empy for example.]

As an Ebisu owner I'd love to see it displayed, even if it's not worth any points. If it's worth points, that's great too.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-25 20:09:09  
I don't think items like ebisu, or other items are going to be gaining a value. They will just be displayed on your player page.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-25 20:10:52  
I was curious to see where the point distribution was if you completed the system 100%.

The current max point total (I believe) is 1,026,952 points.

Relic, Mythic, Empyrean = 69.62%
Jobs and Merits = 22.58%
Crafts, Fishing, and Synergy = 4.97%
Missions = 1.18%
Atma and Abyssite = 1.02%

[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-25 20:24:03  
Cool graph. Crafting is the only thing that looks really out of whack to me but I'm not sure what a good solution would be since the cost to get from 100->110 varies immensely depending on the craft.

One obvious thing is the balance between craft levels vs synergy. For a lazy person, it takes approximately 1mil gil and a season of some TV show on Netflix worth of spamming Enter Key to get Synergy to 80. But it could take hundreds of millions of gil to get a craft from 100 to 110.
 Lakshmi.Jofjax
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jofjax
By Lakshmi.Jofjax 2013-02-25 22:00:33  
I think Combat Skills, Magic Skills, and Spells acquired should all factor in. Kinda proves who power leveled and who didn't. It's a bit of an accomplishment to get every blue spell alone >.>

I sorta think combat skills are more important than job levels...
[+]
 Sylph.Skinner
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2013-02-25 22:41:15  
I think from anyone's perspective, when looking closely, you can point out irregularities in the weight of each achievement. An example being the one Bryth pointed out on the previous page.

Times have changed since the achievements were implemented and thus I think it's right to see an overhaul of the system and how the points are distributed. Taking away Maats cap was e right decision, but it wasnt backed by a decrease in achievement reward for leveling. Increasing the point factor for upgrading a relic from 75 - 80 etc is the right step. However it doesn't take into consideration the difficulty of each step in turn. Is 75 - 80 equivalent to 95 - 99?

There are some well proven statisticians here who still play. I think it might be a better idea for them to put forward a new system where everything is balanced at present.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-02-25 22:53:25  
Quote:
I think certain Kill Titles should earn points. imo, achievements should relate to a Map/checklist for endgame content. althought most content is old, i think it is still valued to people who dont have or have completed. Some may be harder than others given its new era of ffxi, however, if it mirrors content and a user can view achievements as a guideline to complete content it can be more appealing to everyone. not just relics etc.

Kill titles sound great. Alternatively you can collect info on gear dropped by each endgame event and make that worth a certain amount of points (Homam gives Limbus points etc). Titles are probably a better idea though, it encourages people to do old content without being too concerned about what drops they're getting and whatnot.

Also throwing in another vote for rebalancing REM stuff, and adding Fishing Rods and certain highly rare equipment (Pulses, Hexed-1). Even the cheaper Hexed-1 gear can cost like half a 75 relic per piece. DRing would probably also fit into the super-rare item category along with all these.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-02-25 23:16:24  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I was curious to see where the point distribution was if you completed the system 100%.

The current max point total (I believe) is 883,952 points.

Relic, Mythic, Empyrean = 64.72%
Jobs and Merits = 26.23%
Crafts, Fishing, and Synergy = 5.77%
Missions = 2.1%
Atma and Abyssite = 1.19%

1. scale e/m/r to each level, maybe decrease empyrean base since they're simple to obtain, but higher jumps so it could be just under relics or match relics @99
2. average out job levels and merits to total 200k if maxed all the way, it may be easy to level, but it still takes alot of time and effort to level AND max merits. Merits maybe could be maxed by putting max value for maxing a section of merits (ie hp and mp merits get max points for using all you can even if the merit value is different) mainly due to the inevitable group of players who think those extra few points from maxing merits for points is a good idea rather than focusing on what is good for the job.
3. If adding abyssea atmas/abyssites may as well add voidwatch aswell, including the level of atmacites if possible.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-26 00:33:15  
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
it still takes alot of time and effort to level AND max merits.
Since merit points and EXP are both equal, 1 merit = 37 points, 1 XP = 0.0037 points, it really doesn't matter.

EXP is EXP, whether it's to level a job or to merit one.

If anything, like suggested above, leveling up a skill is just as important as level up a craft for example, so I believe that should count towards character development.

You'd have your Weapons, which should have the large majority, 60~75%.

Then you have character development which are the jobs you have leveled, merits earned, and combat skills leveled.

Then you have your crafting, then your Missions and Quests, and finally miscellaneous achievements.

Current System
What I think people expect

or

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-02-26 00:50:01  
Title: "Lower Than The Lowest Tunnel Worm"
Value: -100pts
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-02-26 01:15:58  
Just for reference, your charts didn't account for the most recent change in the OP.

Mythics are now 375,000 max, relics 240,000, and Empyreans 100,000.
 Phoenix.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Phoenix.Zekky 2013-02-26 01:29:48  
Shiva.Karichan said: »
I just want to see exp worth less and Mythics worth WAY more.

Actual values escape me as I don't think I could balance that without live testing.

Trials that are more costly should also reward more points. [95 Empy for example.]

As an Ebisu owner I'd love to see it displayed, even if it's not worth any points. If it's worth points, that's great too.
Why should mythics get WAY more? Just because it's harder to obtain? You should take pride in your weapon and your choice. Not exploit more achievement points.
 Siren.Barber
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-26 01:33:35  
My simple suggestion would be to covert everything into a common factor.

If, for example, you determine an average rate of gil someone makes as 200k/hr (or whatever you want to make it) then you can use that baseline to determine what each step is worth.

20 hours of camping nms and running around doing tammuz= 4 mil (or 20 units)worth of 'effort'

taking a relic from 95 to 99 (60 millish) would be 300 units of effort.

360 mil for buying alexs would be 1800 units of effort (then add how long it takes to do assaults/ein/etc and multiply those hours by 200k to get your grand mythic total).

This is the first thing you would do in any supply chain management class. Covert everything into dollars then make your decisions based on a common unit. The fact that a level 85 emp is worth more than 1/20th of a mythic is not valuating the effort that those respective items took to obtain.

People have flooded their moghouses with easily acquired weapons just to have a high ranking. Well, if that is how you get your jollies then fine. But at least make the rankings indicative of the effort put in. I know at first glance making a 75 mythic worth many many times more than a level 90 emp might seem like a shock. But its the right move.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-02-26 01:35:04  
Generally, attaining a semi-consistent effort:reward is one of the primary goals of ranking systems
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
サーバ: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-02-26 01:38:33  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
I'm just listing my idea, but I don't really know much about making these weapons so if you think something should be different then say it.

I'm not really sure how difficult the HMP trial is now but I put it 1k under relic since I think by that point empy and relic balance out in difficulty.
Those numbers are pretty off, imho.

Right now, the cost of bringing a an Empyrean from Lv90 to Lv99 is close to the same price making an entire relic from scratch to 99 (empy90->99 being still more expensive if it's a cinder empy and less if it's a dross empy). As such, I think an empy99 should be worth substantially more than a relic99. That's not even counting the easy 20mil that one could charge to do the empy aby trials for someone.

Relic killshot trials are about as much of a pain in the *** as the empy NMs, so we really can just look at the price tags to get a sense of a fair comparison.

And a finished mythic99 is around 2.5 the cost of a relic99 so I would expect to see that reflected as well.

I don't see the point in complicating the tables with values for 75~90 relics and 75-80 empyreans since a relic isn't a functional relic until it's Lv95 and an Empyrean isn't an Empyrean until it's 85 at least.

All that factored in, I'd expect the rankpoint percent distribution for a 99 r/e/m to be more like this:

relic90(and below): 55%
relic95: 15%
relic99: 30%

empy80(and below): 5%
empy85: 20%
empy90: 20%
empy95: 40%
empy99: 15%

mythic75(and below): 75%
mythic95: 15%
mythic99: 10%

Empy could have lots of categories...

Not the same to make GA/Dagger, H2H(even lolpolearm)[canyon NMs). Than briareus/carabosse path... Or even ochain and harp...

Same for 99's ones... After 95, not the same to spent 80m(depending your server) on 60 cinders than 20m on the others..

So just leave it as it is, or complicate the things giving a "real" points value
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-26 01:58:09  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Just for reference, your charts didn't account for the most recent change in the OP.

Mythics are now 375,000 max, relics 240,000, and Empyreans 100,000.
Thank you, I updated it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-02-26 02:10:11  
Every stage of every weapon could have a different value. Every zone's KIs could be rated differently. Every voidwatch could be parsed and points awarded bases on the frequency of those runs on each server. Each person's AH activity could be tracked and expensive items awarded points based on estimates of their income. More points for jobs leveled prior to abyssea. More points for crafts. Less points for crafts. More points for "barance" jokes posted in forums. Less for cutemisty.jpg. Plus Scragg's posts for points. Lose points for +ing Pchan's. More points for crafts that are less popular. More points if it takes longer to 110 fishing, but less if you level too quickly. More points for not using adblock. Shield skill better than evasion. Staff better than sword. Gold stars if you attend all your linkshell's events if you useguildwork calendars. Craftings mats in your possession equal to one third the value of their item number in ffxiah points. Usukane+1 more points than oompaloompa gear or whatever. More points for fighting while under the effect of food. More points for eco-warrior. More for PW titles. More for AV titles. Points for having tokens. Points for friendlists size. Points for tasking for more points. Points for thinking this is getting stupid. Points fir this, that, and the other. Random server ranking based on Scragg's mood. Points for higher playtime. Points for ffxiah join date. Points for number of posts.

How many points can I get for not needing a goddamned *** every time I zone out of PJ in order to feel good about my character?
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-02-26 02:28:56  
Don't forget the points for long winded irrelevant posts.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-26 02:48:57  
@_@ Rough night? If that was directed at me, I'm just offering criticism in a thread that's about criticism. ie, revamping existing values to meet current relative level of effort, with some justification for said quantities.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-02-26 03:24:50  
Does Scragg have to be the one to edit the system or whatever? I ask because it's probably a lot of work for him when someone who's familiar with the current game can probably figure out how to set relatively reasonable values just off the top of their head, without needing to go through dozens and dozens of responses about a game he doesn't even touch anymore, heh.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-26 03:27:26  
Separating the points for every empy and every relic seems unnecessary. Yes there's some difference, but it's not worth creating a ranking in the ranking for it.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-26 13:08:40  
You mean every r/e/m level or literally every r/e/m? Latter sounds absurd to me but former seems too significant to ignore.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-26 13:10:33  
No, I support the level difference too, but someone above said to differentiate per weapon which I think is silly.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jaxson
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2013-02-26 13:16:51  
I was just wondering, since I skipped straight from 75 to 85 on my Gandiva and it never showed up, would I have to redo it up until 80 so that it shows up?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-26 13:20:47  
If it's 85 on guildwork, it'll be here as well. All datas is taken from gw.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-02-26 13:29:20  
[/th][th]What I think people expect or [/th][/tr][/table]

I get the time (or rather money) put into r/e/m; but dose anyone else find it slightly off that weapons alone are worth like 3x+ everything else in the game combined?
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2013-02-26 13:35:12  
I wouldn't mind it being half and half.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-26 13:47:27  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
I get the time (or rather money) put into r/e/m; but dose anyone else find it slightly off that weapons alone are worth like 3x+ everything else in the game combined?
Yes, but that is if you owned every R/M/E weapon.

The chart adjusts based on what you have, which for the large majority of players the EXP portion would be 75-80% of their points or more.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8