Achievement Suggestion Form
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-26 13:54:08  
No one goes for 100% R/M/E completion and the 100% RME completion case, which is what the graphs show, should not really be considered. Still, I'd argue that if they did then their massive time sink should be appropriately valued.

Here are the values that you need to adjust:
* How much effort does it takes to XP a job to 99 and cap merits? - 6 hours of effort?

Empyreans:
* Level 80 Empyrean Weapon - I would give no points for these. People just make them to game the system even though they have no functional use.
* Level 85 Empyrean Weapon - 15 hours of camping NMs and 20 hours of farming at 5 items per hour?
* Level 90 Empyrean Weapon - Level 85 + 15 Hours of effort at 5 items per hour?
* Level 95 Empyrean weapon - Level 90 + 135 hours worth of gil at 1 mil/hr.
* Level 99 Empyrean weapon - Level 95 + 90 hours worth of gil (cinder) or 30 hours worth of gil at 1 mil/hr.
Total: 275 Hours (cinder) or 215 Hours (dross)

Relics:
* Level 75 Relic weapon - 100 hours of effort including Currency, Fragment, Testimony, etc. at 1 mil/hr.
* Level 80 Relic Weapon - Level 75 + 8 hours of 100 kills/hr
* Level 85 Relic Weapon - Level 80 + 4 hours of 100 kills/hr
* Level 90 Relic Weapon - Level 85 + 3 hours worth of farming Dynamis - Beaucidine.
* Level 95 Relic Weapon - Level 90 + 3 hours worth of farming Dynamis - Xarcabard.
* Level 99 Relic Weapon - Level 95 + 50 hours worth of gil (at 1 mil/hr)
Total: 168 Hours

Mythics:
* Level 75 Mythic weapon - ~300 hours of effort for Alexandrite at 1 mil/hr, 4k Amps per Hour makes 25 Hours for Einherjar, 150k Tokens at about 7.5k per hour makes 20 Hours of Nyzul Isle. 15 minutes average per Assault (second time only, no need to double count for Captain) makes 12.5 hours of Assault, 3 ZNM Tier 4 Trophies cost maybe 7 hours each these days, so call that another 20 hours of effort, ToAU Beastkings can take a long time or be instant depending on your luck and whether you're actually the one camping them, so lets call them 5 hours on average. All told, about 380 hours per Mythic weapon. Note that this is actually an underestimation of the required effort and doesn't account for the fixed delays, because you certainly can't go from Captain with no other reqs to Mythic in 16 days even without sleep.
* Level 80 Mythic Weapon - Level 75 + 8 hours of 100 kills/hr
* Level 85 Mythic Weapon - Level 80 + 4 hours of 100 kills/hr
* Level 90 Mythic Weapon - Level 85 + 10 hours worth of farming Tier 4 ZNMs. It's easier to farm multiple copies at once than one of each copy, which is why this is half as long as the original 3 trophies.
* Level 95 Mythic Weapon - Level 90 + 3 hours worth of farming Old Salvage bosses.
* Level 99 Mythic Weapon - Level 95 + 40 hours worth of gil at 1 mil/hr.
Total: 445 Hours

I'd also increase the value of crafting a little and missions a lot. It takes much longer to wade through WotG's insanely long CSs than to grind a job to 30 (or book burn it) and farm a mil.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-02-26 13:55:17  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If it's 85 on guildwork, it'll be here as well. All datas is taken from gw.

Niiiiiiiice. Guildwork thinks I afterglowed all but my redemption. I'm gonna be king of ffxiah points!

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
No oneOnly Jinjo goes for 100% R/M/E completion and the 100% RME completion case, which is what the graphs show, should not really be considered.[/quote
[+]
 Bahamut.Cdubs
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2013-02-26 13:56:50  
I'd use XP as the base and just increase everything else.

It costs 1mil to get from 30 to 99 on my server. 30->99 is worth about 7000 points, so 1mil ~= 7000 points.

You don't have to pay a gil seller to level... fyi
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-26 13:58:01  
Bahamut.Cdubs said: »

It costs 1mil to get from 30 to 99 on my server. 30->99 is worth about 7000 points, so 1mil ~= 7000 points.

What if I pay a normal player that doesn't sell the gil?
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-02-26 13:58:13  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Separating the points for every empy and every relic seems unnecessary. Yes there's some difference, but it's not worth creating a ranking in the ranking for it.

says someone with Armageddon.... ^.^

TBH i agree. making the separation into a to fine resolution will result and a lot more complex and difficult balancing of the points.
Next step will be to differentiate in relic depending on what coins they need because someone drops a slight chance more than others or is cheaper gil wise.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2013-02-26 14:07:25  
Complete af3 sets :D
 Bahamut.Cdubs
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2013-02-26 14:08:27  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Quote:
I think certain Kill Titles should earn points. imo, achievements should relate to a Map/checklist for endgame content. althought most content is old, i think it is still valued to people who dont have or have completed. Some may be harder than others given its new era of ffxi, however, if it mirrors content and a user can view achievements as a guideline to complete content it can be more appealing to everyone. not just relics etc.

DRing would probably also fit into the super-rare item category along with all these.

Titles might be a good idea. Items that are not a 100% drop get tricky though. Some people might go 1/10 for DRing, others might go 1/50. That might be an unfair way to get points for some people.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2013-02-26 14:09:44  
Siren.Kalilla said: »

Just saying that it shouldn't be based on amount of gil it costs to level, since alot of people don't pay to level their jobs. I have never paid for a FC party.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-02-26 14:23:50  
Siren.Kalilla said: »

Just saying that it shouldn't be based on amount of gil it costs to level, since alot of people don't pay to level their jobs. I have never paid for a FC party.

Well people buy empys, people buy relics, people buy mythics. SO those shouldn't count? Like Ebisu? Lu Shang? NNI gear????

People used to buy atma so why should we count anything using your logic?!??! Because that would get us no where...
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-02-26 14:35:02  
Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Quote:
I think certain Kill Titles should earn points. imo, achievements should relate to a Map/checklist for endgame content. althought most content is old, i think it is still valued to people who dont have or have completed. Some may be harder than others given its new era of ffxi, however, if it mirrors content and a user can view achievements as a guideline to complete content it can be more appealing to everyone. not just relics etc.

DRing would probably also fit into the super-rare item category along with all these.

Titles might be a good idea. Items that are not a 100% drop get tricky though. Some people might go 1/10 for DRing, others might go 1/50. That might be an unfair way to get points for some people.

life is unfair~ D ring still awesome how does the fact its not 100% make it unfair? That's FFXI since day 1 for you.

D ring would actually be a good one to put up as would Titles such as ones AV would also be good, but someone might not like titles that require more than 2 people to kill the NM as it might be unfair as it requires having some none gimp people and no *** with invincible or benediction spam
 Cerberus.Frotaut
user: Frotaut2
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-26 14:45:06  
We don't really need every piece of gear to determine a ranking status, personally i like what we use already to determine. I just feel like values of exp and lvl 80 empyreans to be way to high compared to a 99 mythic and or relic. I really don't wanna see 800 thousand things about my char when i log in here, i enjoy that the mostly needed info is avail to the public but past that i don't need a website to track every piece of gear i get and rank it. things like d rings that a mule that fishes can obtain seems silly to be considered into a ranking system to begin with. Yes you could say that about everything but really a d ring? you can solo behemoth afk on bst doesn't seem much like a achievement to be ranked.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-26 14:47:27  
I agree that a bunch of new achievements are unnecessary. My only suggestion is to scale E/R/M based on level and increase crafts a bit(I don't have any but they seem a bit too low).
 Cerberus.Frotaut
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-26 14:52:50  
Or you could just mimic the achievements given by xbox users, as it already seems the case. Things like maats cap ebisu drings are all just silly they are beyond easy to obtain if you put forth any kind of minimal effort and require nothing more than a good bot and or beastmaster with pet food. I do however feel 99 e/r/m are a achievement as they usually will take more than minimal effort to complete. Any gear that you just run up slap a mob and pray for your .5% drop is just a silly thing to call a achievement. They might like cool idle in jeuno but if a d ring counts i want my 2 perfect dark rings to count as well cause they are waaaaaay better than a dring.(also took alot more time to get)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-26 14:56:59  
Cerberus.Frotaut said: »
2 perfect dark rings to count as well cause they are waaaaaay better than a dring
Yeah, cause 6 is better than 10.
[+]
 Cerberus.Frotaut
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-26 14:59:48  
no but 12 is
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-02-26 15:01:28  
I wasn't aware that you just run to Behemoth's Dominion and click the ??? where KB is waiting for you at no expense.

You can buy the pops, sure, but that's money (upwards of 700m for some). If you opt not to buy the pops, that's between 99 or 297 seals for a .006~ chance at a defending ring. Dynamis isn't difficult either, but you don't seem to take issue with relics, and you seem to be forgetting that people can own a Defending Ring and dark rings.

16 > 12. You have no point.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-26 15:02:23  
You can get -12 pdt and -12 mdt? Cause if you mean dark ring x2, derp, Dring doesn't take 2 finger slots.
 Cerberus.Frotaut
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-26 15:02:47  
Valid points, i still dont see the point in making a d ring worth ranking, next we'll have to have all our p bodies and e bodies worth ranks? Also i said 2 rings i do understand a dring is one ring slot not 2. Edit: my mistake as well for assuming one with a dring has capped pdt by that point and wouldn't be using a secondary dark ring for pdt.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-02-26 15:03:28  
I see one of those practically every other day and trash them (well, tatters).
 Cerberus.Frotaut
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-26 15:05:42  
Well thats my point, to most of us by now the things worth ranking aren't really worth ranking. However so many others would like to have everything ranked cause they feel it's a achievement, before you know it every lil thing we do will be ranked and out of hand i like it the way it is, and just think value adjustment would be nice.
 Asura.Draus
サーバ: Asura
user: Draus
By Asura.Draus 2013-02-26 15:34:23  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
D ring still awesome how does the fact its not 100% make it unfair? That's FFXI since day 1 for you.

It used to be back in the day if your whole ally had pixies!
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-26 15:40:31  
Empyreans:
Total: 275 Hours (cinder) or 215 Hours (dross)

Relics:
Total: 168 Hours

Mythics:
Total: 445 Hours

Good numbers imho. That's r:e:m at 1 : 1.45 : 2.65 (averaging dross and cinder) which is really close to what I suggested to Scragg in the form thingy, although I just said 1 : 1.5 : 2.5 to make it easier.
 Asura.Myrrh
サーバ: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2013-02-26 15:43:50  
Minus points for current bandwagon.
 Fenrir.Othilda
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2013-02-26 16:22:00  
Q.Q time!

Console users are SOL anyways, since the LS community site is on perma-beta-status. So only the PC users will seem important lol.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-26 16:25:48  
My ring cost 540m, and I'm not bothered by the 'unfair' aspect. Someone could 'unfairly' get a kraken from BC60 and buy a relic, should that not count either?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-26 16:28:10  
Edit for clarity: Farm 99 KS's -> Do KS99 -> get NQ shank -> Kill Behemoth -> Hope for HQ pop(~15%), and then get the drop.

Or you can drop ~10 mil per savory shank. With a 5% drop rate that'd be an average of 20 pops but there's no guarantee there. ~200mil is more than a 99 relic.

You can make arguments for and against many things, but it's just plain silly to deny D-ring.
 Cerberus.Frotaut
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-26 16:40:06  
It's just my opinion on not wanting to see this site cluttered with useless nonsense. I know you've all come across at least one player sporting a d ring that has no use or reason for even owning one but got lucky on a kb with his bst.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-02-26 16:42:27  
Cerberus.Frotaut said: »
It's just my opinion on not wanting to see this site cluttered with useless nonsense. I know you've all come across at least one player sporting a d ring that has no use or reason for even owning one but got lucky on a kb with his bst.
So are you going to police the site and remove everyone who got lucky? What about all those people who got lucky on mog bonanza and have a relic, mythic or empy weapon? What about the mithras pretending to be a chick so the LS leader would give them stuff. It's annoying but you just have to get over it, there's nothing you can do /shrug. But there's no reason to deny stuff that does take effort just because some people can get lucky.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-26 16:42:39  
As of today anyone has use for dring.
[+]
 Cerberus.Frotaut
By Cerberus.Frotaut 2013-02-26 16:48:49  
Who said policing, can blow it up to create a flame if you want and misconstrue things to your liking, i was just saying in my opinion: I'm not here to argue the use or non use of a dring. I just don't feel like we need all these things as rank points. End point for me have a good forum.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8