言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 186 187 188 ... 224 225 226
By valkyy 2021-02-13 17:23:00  
With the new gear out, anyone have an upto date best tp/hybrid/dt/ws set etc?
By Spaitin 2021-02-13 18:23:41  
Hybrid set was posted last page. Tp hasn't changed. Ws sets are untested

Also on last page, new guide is incoming. I just need to finish it.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-02-16 18:20:54  
So Warrior's, anyone aleeady had some fun with the new set and Ukon AM3 ?
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-16 18:27:46  
I'll let you know about the new set in about 24000 segments :p
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-02-16 18:31:42  
I got the set but not Ukon yet
The white dmg booost is already good on Chango, cant imagine for Ukon lol
By Spaitin 2021-02-16 21:08:17  
Have not tested out white damage build. But I think the set is BIS at attack cap for all WS. Or at least really close. Capped attack reso is hilarious now.

My guess is spams gained even more ground than the white damage build tbh.
By SimonSes 2021-02-17 03:03:11  
Spaitin said: »
Have not tested out white damage build. But I think the set is BIS at attack cap for all WS. Or at least really close. Capped attack reso is hilarious now.

My guess is spams gained even more ground than the white damage build tbh.

You cant really practically test white damage build, because it kinda requires high augment on Sakpata head (the same for self-skillchain build without augment on legs).

Also I dont really expect White damage set to win against self skillchaining Chango or even Reso spam (tho I think Decimation spam is much better now outside of Warcry), but according to my sheet Fighter's roll/BloodRage Ukon is at 10000 white damage DPS (thats without WSing!). Such massive white DPS is for example excellent to kill trash. Its possible that in such scenario it can really compete against WS spam, because WS spam would more than likely have damage overkill that is fake higher DPS, while in reality kill speed can be lower.
Also Im just biased towards white damage build because I love trash dying from few 10k+ crits XD
By eeternal 2021-02-17 16:16:09  
this would be interesting trying to test it against 10+ minutes boss such as Dynamis mega.. Chango spam vs Uko..

I think it would give a good indication how they are far apart or close
By Spaitin 2021-02-17 19:32:10  
There isn't really a good mob for testing that. Need a mob that you can SC on that doesn't have damage reduction components. Wave 3 boss is extremely bad for testing on it.

Can do something like neak with a full alliance. Helps makes the fights better. Use geo in extra party to help nerf the mob enough to take away danger.

Chango should still win, but not by as large of a margin as it used to. Same with Reso spams.
By Ozaii 2021-02-19 02:57:48  
I have a question on tomahawk.

If i were to use this on something like zerde which resists magic up to a degree would it make the magic get resisted for less? The description text on bg was a little confusing saying

"If enemy has a physical resistance to a certain type of damage this ability will reduce it by 25% (from 50% to 37%, 25% to 18%, etc.)."

And then also listing

"This also includes resistances to magic damage, so Jailer of Temperance can be nuked while Tomahawk is active."

So was just a little confused as to whether it would help or not.
 Asura.Crowned
サーバ: Asura
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2021-02-19 03:37:38  
Tomahawk is SDT-. If you take a look at zerde's page under resistances, tomahawk essentially adds (multiplies, tomahawk is multiplicative) to those resistances.
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 03:50:57  
Why is Tomahawk not mentioned on SDT bg wiki page then?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2021-02-19 03:58:51  
My apologies, its weapon type resistances like blunt, piercing and slashing. For some reason, I was always led to believe Tomahawk was SDT-.
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 04:03:35  
Asura.Crowned said: »
My apologies, its weapon type resistances like blunt, piercing and slashing. For some reason, I was always led to believe Tomahawk was SDT-.

You dont need to apologies for anything, its actually a valid discussion, because that question popped up in different thread (Odyssey) and Tomahawk actually takes down magic shield too, so tbh I have no idea what Tomahawk actually do for magic. Is it SDT- for magic (I dont think so?) or is it some special unique case of temporary dispel for magic shields and doesnt affect damage att all if magic immunity/damageTaken- is based on SDT?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-19 06:49:26  
Quote:
[Confirmed Issues]

- The [Damage taken -9] stat for Sakpata's Cuisses is not functioning properly.
* Instead of [Damage taken -9], the effect [Killer +5] is added.
By eeternal 2021-02-19 06:52:13  
what? have they said they fix it or just remove the entire -DT stat on legs?
 Asura.Khory
user: Wyrmnax
By Asura.Khory 2021-02-19 07:11:49  
Sakpata set is crazy.

With no augments whatsoever it replaced agoge body +3 and Sulevia gauntlets +2 on my tp set.

Didn't get to replace anything on Decimation (Argosy +1 is still great) or Savage Blade.

But I see that it will easily replace almost everything for multi-hit once it starts having augments. +30 atk and +15 acc by themselves would do that, but there are a few pieces with very juice augments there too...

It is actually making me reconsider going to make Relic legs +3 to stack up double attack damage while having capped double attack....

How do you check what is better than what @Spaitin ? I read that the WAR spreadsheet isn't being maintained
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 07:15:50  
Asura.Khory said: »
Didn't get to replace anything on Decimation

You doing something wrong then. At attack cap Sakpata completely boosts Decimation to the moon, probably putting it on par with REMAs. Its like 48-49k ws avg now at attack cap at 1000TP. Its probably the strongest non rema build in game by miles now.
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 07:19:16  
eeternal said: »
what? have they said they fix it or just remove the entire -DT stat on legs?

They are saying that instead of dT-9 those legs has kilelr effect +5 now, which is a bug.

EDIT: Some intern were doing copy/paste while adding this sets to database and he forgot to change one stat from Mpaca legs lol..
 Asura.Khory
user: Wyrmnax
By Asura.Khory 2021-02-19 09:49:15  
SimonSes said: »
Didn't get to replace anything on Decimation

You doing something wrong then. At attack cap Sakpata completely boosts Decimation to the moon, probably putting it on par with REMAs. Its like 48-49k ws avg now at attack cap at 1000TP. Its probably the strongest non rema build in game by miles now.

Well, Im only had trusts to test with, so mostly not-atk capped on apex. Had to go with what gave me more STR/Atk.

But I do think that - especially in this situation - as soon as it starts getting augmented it will surpass what I have, But right now it just gives me less of what I need and the way I tested I am not getting use of the physical damage limit.
By SimonSes 2021-02-19 09:52:14  
Well, Im only had trusts to test with, so mostly not-atk capped on apex.

You should probably wrote this in first comment then to avoid confusion.
By Spaitin 2021-02-19 11:41:26  
Its like 48-49k ws avg now at attack cap at 1000TP. Its probably the strongest non rema build in game by miles now.
Reso beat it by about the same margin it did before. Granted reso is harder to make work. Stardiver Shining one spam also beat it. But that has some inconsistency. It is probably like the 3rd best non rema build?

Edit** Decimation builds might be our best (not really sure on that) non rema builds. But, it is deff not our strongest non rema build. Strongest meaning highest potential DPS in a reasonable party set up.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-19 12:54:15  
Its like 48-49k ws avg now at attack cap at 1000TP. Its probably the strongest non rema build in game by miles now.
Reso beat it by about the same margin it did before. Granted reso is harder to make work. Stardiver Shining one spam also beat it. But that has some inconsistency. It is probably like the 3rd best non rema build?

Im a big fan of consistency and ease of use myself :D
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-19 13:11:59  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
[Confirmed Issues]

- The [Damage taken -9] stat for Sakpata's Cuisses is not functioning properly.
* Instead of [Damage taken -9], the effect [Killer +5] is added.

I've been using warrior in segment farms and noticed unexplained intimidations, mystery solved.
[+]
By Spaitin 2021-02-19 13:39:29  
Asura.Nuance said: »
Fair enough lol. But stardiver was consistently high, just sometimes massively high. With blood rage and warcry it was well above decimation. With out either of those, decimation won. Decimation still has the same old issue of DW doesnt TP as well as 2handers. Frequency is lower.

Reso big issue is attack cap. If you can guarantee attack cap it is bonkers. Easily our best WS spam for pure WS damage. With ideal party set up, raging fists spam was very similar to reso.

Now that I think about it, our fencer builds with a dnc are probably all better than decimation spam as well. So maybe like our 7th best overall non rema build? maybe our easiest good build? idk. Things are lets black and white than they used to be.

Warrior builds kinda depend on "mode" warcry mode and drepanum is amazing. Outside of warcry and it is meh. Blood rage and warcry make shining one extremely good, but without it shining one is pretty meh. Kind fun how war works. We are probably the most customizable to each situation.
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-19 14:25:13  
We are probably the most customizable to each situation.

Warrior has been low-profile buffed, on this regard, for at least the past three years, going from "only good in zergs with reso spam" to "USE ALL THE WEAPONS LMAO". I'm happy.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-19 14:27:20  
I'm not going to lie. Can't wait to see Spaitin's new guide. I'm checking daily :P

No pressure!
By eeternal 2021-02-19 14:46:28  
Asura.Nuance said: »
Fair enough lol. But stardiver was consistently high, just sometimes massively high. With blood rage and warcry it was well above decimation. With out either of those, decimation won. Decimation still has the same old issue of DW doesnt TP as well as 2handers. Frequency is lower.

Reso big issue is attack cap. If you can guarantee attack cap it is bonkers. Easily our best WS spam for pure WS damage. With ideal party set up, raging fists spam was very similar to reso.

Now that I think about it, our fencer builds with a dnc are probably all better than decimation spam as well. So maybe like our 7th best overall non rema build? maybe our easiest good build? idk. Things are lets black and white than they used to be.

Warrior builds kinda depend on "mode" warcry mode and drepanum is amazing. Outside of warcry and it is meh. Blood rage and warcry make shining one extremely good, but without it shining one is pretty meh. Kind fun how war works. We are probably the most customizable to each situation.

Can't wait to see Chango Upheaval and Uko with the new set :)
First Page 2 3 ... 186 187 188 ... 224 225 226