First Page 2 3 ... 222 223 224
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-26 02:52:14  
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
We talked in PM, and I really doubt anyone besides me will give a ***about this, but a Low/Middle set for career mages who got NNI gear might be cool. I know a lot of my DD friends are getting Nares set for no reason right now, so I guess it could go the other way in more cases than mine.

Ukonvasara TP LOW + Access to NNI gear

Phor hands if restraint is down and your accuracy is capped, otherwise Avant +1 or Ravager's +2. Ravager's Lorica +2 if you need accuracy.

WS set shouldn't change much at all, besides adding Phor body and hands. Avant +1 Legs are an all around solid piece if you don't have anything else.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-12-26 07:38:10  
Great job

Finnally no more having to search through hundreds of pages of posts to find gear sets.

Looking forward to seeing the bravura sets
[+]
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-26 08:00:32  
Very well put together thread covering all-things WAR.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-26 08:26:18  
Requesting sticky~
By Blazed1979 2012-12-26 09:33:24  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Requesting sticky~
great post - thank you for taking the time to make this.
Please sticky.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-26 09:35:19  
You're welcome, but my post was nothing special!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sephyrus
By Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro 2012-12-26 09:44:42  
I was just wondering but is a one-hand axe/OAX setup even viable in this day and age? Even if for shits and giggles you might wanna add those thoughts? Maybe? No? Ok ._.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-26 09:49:14  
WAR/NIN 2x EVA AXE for Abyssea tank!
 Bahamut.Wakabo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-12-26 09:55:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro said: »
I was just wondering but is a one-hand axe/OAX setup even viable in this day and age? Even if for shits and giggles you might wanna add those thoughts? Maybe? No? Ok ._.
wtf did I read.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-12-26 10:12:38  
One-handed Axes: Bring one for VW Procs.

That should cover it.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-26 10:19:00  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
One-handed Axes: Bring one for VW Procs.

That should cover it.
k.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-26 10:21:38  

With eva axes! *** NIN when you can do this! :O
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-12-26 10:23:17  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

With eva axes! *** NIN when you can do this! :O
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-26 10:24:05  
It's a fair question considering that it used to be standard, especially for a returning player.

Anecdotally, there's a guy on my server who insists on playing dual axe WAR and his numbers are definitely a lot higher than people expect (Ruinator is quite strong) but of course he isn't beating the well-played normal setups. He still does better than the average Voidwatch DD though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shaay
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaay 2012-12-26 12:46:53  
Proof that my bby is larger than life.
[+]
By Luthiene 2012-12-26 13:10:28  
Is the Ukon WS MAX viable for all content? I was wondering what the different gear sets would be for VW, Abyssea, and outside.
 Fenrir.Evildemon
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2012-12-26 13:29:18  
If you can please add a couple of spellcasts up there as well.
By Jurant 2012-12-27 16:31:07  
Fenrir.Evildemon said: »
If you can please add a couple of spellcasts up there as well.

Spellcast's that have the rules included for restraint up down, zerk up down etc. In and out abyssea, and also voidwatch? Maybe im dreaming but if these are possible it would be great.

As for the guide, it is a Great read thankyou very much. The Mid set is what i pretty much am using exactly at the moment. Though i like to use Heca +1 legs with augment for Ukkos.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2012-12-27 18:02:42  
I think something worth adding is stuff regarding Store TP and how much needed to X hit each weapon. When I first started WAR I had a very hard time understanding this. Still do sometimes.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-27 23:10:19  
Still working on all the gear sets and descriptions. After that I'll try to start a spellcast section for the guide.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-12-27 23:30:24  
Bahamut.Wakabo said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Katashuro said: »
wtf did I read.
Quetz
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-27 23:33:49  
Yo Ejinn. Any idea on the partial set bonuses for Ares+1? And does that put the boots+1 (like for upheaval) and legs+1 on higher tiers for WS builds as a result, or any other pieces for that matter?
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-12-28 00:00:24  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Still working on all the gear sets and descriptions. After that I'll try to start a spellcast section for the guide.
Another cool thing would be a section that focuses more on tactics. Perhaps this is part of what you're working on now but I'll throw some stuff out in case it helps.

- Blood Rage rotations. Not much to say here but people may never come across this unless they join a Legion shell.

- When using Warcry (with AF2+2 head) may be more beneficial to the party than Blood Rage (ie, if the majority of members in your party benefit more from TP bonus, crit-evasive mobs, etc?)

- How to properly line up mobs for Fell Cleave (a surprising number of people fail at this)

- Also regarding FC, when cleaving for XP, maximal damage may be detrimental to xp/hr if you kill too many mobs at once, so stacking multihit stuff can be better if you're optimizing for maximum exp/hr rather than maximum FC damage.

- DPS considerations regarding JA delay-- when does it help, when does it hurt? Meditate and Warrior's Charge are two where this comes up, as well as the VW-specific topic of Dusty Wings, the efficacy of which varies depending on buffs and current AM level.

- Realistic use cases for Tomahawk and more verbosity about its specific effect (this is something I think a lot of people confuse).

- Cases for other subjobs? Maybe this is ballista-specific but at least explaining why our subjob is always presumed to be SAM would be valuable.

That's enough rambling for now :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-28 04:15:24  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Another cool thing would be a section that focuses more on tactics. Perhaps this is part of what you're working on now but I'll throw some stuff out in case it helps.

- Blood Rage rotations. Not much to say here but people may never come across this unless they join a Legion shell.

- When using Warcry (with AF2+2 head) may be more beneficial to the party than Blood Rage (ie, if the majority of members in your party benefit more from TP bonus, crit-evasive mobs, etc?)

- How to properly line up mobs for Fell Cleave (a surprising number of people fail at this)

- Also regarding FC, when cleaving for XP, maximal damage may be detrimental to xp/hr if you kill too many mobs at once, so stacking multihit stuff can be better if you're optimizing for maximum exp/hr rather than maximum FC damage.

- DPS considerations regarding JA delay-- when does it help, when does it hurt? Meditate and Warrior's Charge are two where this comes up, as well as the VW-specific topic of Dusty Wings, the efficacy of which varies depending on buffs and current AM level.

- Realistic use cases for Tomahawk and more verbosity about its specific effect (this is something I think a lot of people confuse).

- Cases for other subjobs? Maybe this is ballista-specific but at least explaining why our subjob is always presumed to be SAM would be valuable.

That's enough rambling for now :p

Awesome ideas. I think I'm going to add "& Knowledge" to the Era progression section and try to cover the basics for each.

Luthiene said: »
Is the Ukon WS MAX viable for all content? I was wondering what the different gear sets would be for VW, Abyssea, and outside.

Most of them are an all around general best. It's possible to tweak some pieces to fit very specific conditions, like buffs, mob level and stats.
 Asura.Ekimino
サーバ: Asura
user: onimike
By Asura.Ekimino 2012-12-28 17:02:48  
I don't know if this is the proper place to ask, so feel free to correct me if it's not.

In my Ukko's WS set right now I'm using an NQ Grim Cuirass as I don't have access to much else. I also just obtained an Osode and attempted augments for 2HR Upheaval until I can get something better, and it has the following augments:

2 double attack
3 crit damage

Is this better for Ukko's Fury than an NQ Grim Cuirass? I'm sure the Osode is fine for Upheaval spam already.
By Kyler 2012-12-28 17:55:10  
With current embrava in high buff situations. Sword strap. Magic haste,gear and hasso aren't cutting it
 Sylph.Infamy
サーバ: Sylph
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2012-12-29 05:40:37  
Can't thank you enough for this. Guides like yours are priceless for returning/casual players. We really appreciate it.

That being said, I definitely fail at lining up mobs during FC (as Suji mentioned). What's the trick to it?
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-29 07:25:01  
Just noticed... Using Ele Belt on Upheaval? ftp mod doesnt carry through all hits iirc... so wouldn't warwolf or windbuffet be superior?

Edit: although uph does have a really low modifier...
 Bahamut.Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-12-29 07:33:18  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Just noticed... Using Ele Belt on Upheaval? ftp mod doesnt carry through all hits iirc... so wouldn't warwolf or windbuffet be superior?

All merited carry.
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-29 07:42:06  
Bahamut.Wakabo said: »
All merited carry.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Not all merit ws carry also Upheaval specifically does not.

Bismarck.Altar said: »
Mod is 100% with 5/5. Do you mean the Ftp?