First Page 2 3 4 ... 222 223 224
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-29 08:11:48  
Bahamut.Wakabo said: »
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Just noticed... Using Ele Belt on Upheaval? ftp mod doesnt carry through all hits iirc... so wouldn't warwolf or windbuffet be superior?

Edit: although uph does have a really low modifier...
All merited carry.
Fairly sure that's incorrect...
Edit: Beaten.

Shiva.Arana said: »
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Edit: although uph does have a really low modifier...
Mod is 100% with 5/5. Do you mean the Ftp?
Yes, sorry. Hurray for weekend mornings.
The bonus from belt (or gorget) would do more for a 1.0ftp than say a 2.0ftp
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-12-29 08:54:02  
Sylph.Infamy said: »
Can't thank you enough for this. Guides like yours are priceless for returning/casual players. We really appreciate it.

That being said, I definitely fail at lining up mobs during FC (as Suji mentioned). What's the trick to it?

Make sure you have a wall near you. It has to be an actual wall, and not a ledge, drop down or anything of that sort.

If it is an actual wall, then you make sure the wall is on your right side, and slowly walk backwards, and 90% of the mobs will line up into a small group, even with large numbers. If the wall you line up isnt a true wall, the mobs will simply run up the wall all hax style, so you have to be weary of which walls work and which dont. Also, if you have the wall on the left side of you, it absolutely wont work, and the mobs will disperse and surround you (in my experience at least.)

Also, as a side note. Having a PDT set can be life saving during fell cleaves, especially if mobs hit harder then the rest, or level up while cleaving.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-12-29 09:17:06  
Took a few screenshots to show what I meant.

As you can see, the mobs are all dispersed around me.

Now that the mobs are all lined up, with the wall being on my right side, they are all within a very small area, all able to easily be fell cleaved.

Your biggest problem... is actually pulling out your weapon if you havent yet lol. The animations from them attacking you will not let your weapon be drawn if you have too many/no downtime between the attacking animations. Having a Mage sleepga them works usually though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-29 10:07:15  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
Also, if you have the wall on the left side of you, it absolutely wont work, and the mobs will disperse and surround you
This is kinda funny, why are mobs so picky! lol
 Sylph.Infamy
サーバ: Sylph
user: Virtue
By Sylph.Infamy 2012-12-29 11:43:06  
Erik, that's fantastic. Thanks a ton for the detailed explanation!
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-12-29 14:37:24  
Your biggest problem... is actually pulling out your weapon if you havent yet lol. The animations from them attacking you will not let your weapon be drawn if you have too many/no downtime between the attacking animations. Having a Mage sleepga them works usually though.

I usually walk backwards a bit when this happens. Should free up your character to draw your weapon.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-12-29 16:21:35  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »

I usually walk backwards a bit when this happens. Should free up your character to draw your weapon.

I generally do what you said, but if I'm feelin lazy (which is very common after cleaving for long periods of time >.>) I'll simply switch to mule and sleepga lol.
 Bismarck.Stani
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-12-29 16:32:54  

I generally do what you said, but if I'm feelin lazy (which is very common after cleaving for long periods of time >.>) I'll simply switch to mule and sleepga lol.

I've taken up the habbit of engaging the first mob I'm going to aggro and doing the entire pull engaged.
 Unicorn.Strigoi
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Strigoi 2012-12-31 19:54:10  
Anyone have a really good spellcast for ukon war set for all the different events?
 Alexander.Kryptonitic
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Kryptonitic 2012-12-31 22:32:10  
I have a career pld, V v v casual war friend being carried through events like NNI by other players and her DD is a war, she has ~ok equip and a str telamon. I'm sure a good Upheaval build would be more consistent over an AH Greatsword Resolution build but what stats / evidence can I use to prove this or am I just wrong? (during things like NNI, not during a MS zerg)
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2012-12-31 22:58:44  
Added a spellcast section to the Resources page.

PM or post a reply if you'd like your spellcast added to the guide.
 Odin.Registry
サーバ: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-31 23:10:00  
Not sure if I missed it but you may want to add a link to the Include for the Advanced one.

I also have a decent one here, but it doesn't have Conq rules on it right now. Took bits and pieces from everywhere, I can't even remember who all it was anymore. ;-;...
[+]
 Fenrir.Evildemon
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-01-01 11:05:49  
Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Added a spellcast section to the Resources page.

PM or post a reply if you'd like your spellcast added to the guide.

Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-02 14:15:53  
Soo I dont have Huginn Gambieras would Dilaram's Sollerets be next best to use for Reso and MS Upheaval? What about Upheaval without MS and what would be best to use for Ukkos, Ravager's +2?
 Odin.Registry
サーバ: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-01-02 14:27:40  
MS anything should be using AF3+2 feet for the 10% Crit. Damage.

Non-MS Reso should be using Dilaram's, probably the same for Upheaval.

Ukko's use AF3+2 feet.

^ assuming you don't have Huginn.

edit: gearsets were listed in the mid-gear section, too.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-02 14:44:53  
Odin.Registry said: »
MS anything should be using AF3+2 feet for the 10% Crit. Damage.

Reso should be using Dilaram's, probably same for Upheaval.

Ukko's use AF3+2 feet.

^ assuming you don't have Huginn.

edit: gearsets were listed in the mid-gear section, too.

Thanks! Ya I saw the mid-gear stuff although somehow I missed the Upheaval set and wasn't sure on Reso. Thanks again.
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-01-02 22:51:14  
awesome guide from one of best warriors across all servers.
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2013-01-02 23:25:34  
This guide is great! Just got a question about your spellcast.Under the Trigger spells rules, it has
Quote:
<if status="idle">
<equip set="%Status|TP-$VAR-TP|$Armor-%Status|$Movement-%Status|$DTset|$Twilightset" />
</if>
With 6 sets listed there, how is it knowing which to use? I don't have much knowledge of using trigger spells apart from what I have tried out figure out reading your sc. Is it basically you just have a macro of /ma "Poison V" which you user to cycle through your tp sets? If I have that right I think I can figure most of this out, it's just all the places that have 4 or 5 sets listed under 1 equip set is confusing me.

Oh and am I just missing it or is there no Ukon tp sets in there? Cheers if anyone could clear that up for me!
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-03 00:13:09  
Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
This guide is great! Just got a question about your spellcast.Under the Trigger spells rules, it has
Quote:
<if status="idle">
<equip set="%Status|TP-$VAR-TP|$Armor-%Status|$Movement-%Status|$DTset|$Twilightset" />
</if>
With 6 sets listed there, how is it knowing which to use? I don't have much knowledge of using trigger spells apart from what I have tried out figure out reading your sc. Is it basically you just have a macro of /ma "Poison V" which you user to cycle through your tp sets? If I have that right I think I can figure most of this out, it's just all the places that have 4 or 5 sets listed under 1 equip set is confusing me.

Oh and am I just missing it or is there no Ukon tp sets in there? Cheers if anyone could clear that up for me!
The bit you quoted isn't directly related to triggers. Spellcast allows for that pipe notation to be specified in the 'set' attribute of equip commands as a way of stacking them. The right-most set gets the priority. If you read the code carefully, you will see that those variables, particularly the ones towards the right side of the stack, are usually set to 'None', meaning they will have no affect on the resultant gear that you equip.

For example, $Twilightset defaults to None. If instead the $Twilightset variable is set to something, then that equipment set will have the highest priority. In this case, it gets set to the value 'Twilight' which corresponds to the gear set he uses when he is wearing the twilight armor set (defined on line 85). The variable $Twilightset can be maniuplated a number of ways (by using "//sc var set Twilightset twilight" from within the game, for example), but to make the UI nicer, this XML has it associated with the trigger "Shining Fantasia" which can then be conveniently bound to F11 or whatever.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2013-01-03 01:07:54  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
Quote:
<if status="idle">
</if>

The bit you quoted isn't directly related to triggers. Spellcast allows for that pipe notation to be specified in the 'set' attribute of equip commands as a way of stacking them. The right-most set gets the priority. If you read the code carefully, you will see that those variables, particularly the ones towards the right side of the stack, are usually set to 'None', meaning they will have no affect on the resultant gear that you equip.

For example, $Twilightset defaults to None. If instead the $Twilightset variable is set to something, then that equipment set will have the highest priority. In this case, it gets set to the value 'Twilight' which corresponds to the gear set he uses when he is wearing the twilight armor set (defined on line 85). The variable $Twilightset can be maniuplated a number of ways (by using "//sc var set Twilightset twilight" from within the game, for example), but to make the UI nicer, this XML has it associated with the trigger "Shining Fantasia" which can then be conveniently bound to F11 or whatever.
Ah perfect, thank you!
So say I hit Barbed Crescent macro while fighting, swaps my tp set to PDT, and then when I disengage it will keep me in PDT set for idle as it is the first variable check that is set to a gearset? Thanks for the explanation, makes this a lot easier to understand :)
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: xVaudianx
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2013-01-03 17:45:40  
That spellcast looks amazing! But what do your macros look like for that?
 Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-01-03 18:30:03  

I've actually started drawing my weapon before I start pulling, If I start getting to far ahead I just stop for a second.
 Ragnarok.Goldnboy
user: Goldnboy
By Ragnarok.Goldnboy 2013-01-03 20:26:03  
Leviathan.Vaudianx said: »

This is something i always wondered about... Would be cool to see how other people Line their In-Game Macro's up to their SC's

Maybe a few Screenshots :)

Edit: Awesome Write Up Ejin. By far one of the most knowledgable Players in FFXI on all the jobs he plays!
[+]
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: xVaudianx
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2013-01-04 05:05:19  
Ragnarok.Goldnboy said: »
Leviathan.Vaudianx said: »

This is something i always wondered about... Would be cool to see how other people Line their In-Game Macro's up to their SC's

Maybe a few Screenshots :)

Edit: Awesome Write Up Ejin. By far one of the most knowledgable Players in FFXI on all the jobs he plays!

<yes, please!>
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-01-04 06:23:26  
Few comments on the xml, there are no hybrid sets in there, and the autoexec file is missing unless I missed something. I think you forgot to include the conqueror tp sets as well. Might want to add a var that swaps af3+2 feet over huginn for additional retaliation damage when fighting multiple monsters at once too.
[+]
 Ifrit.Shagg
サーバ: Ifrit
user: shagg
By Ifrit.Shagg 2013-01-04 10:57:10  
about the listed rag tp set:

that appears to be a 6 hit under high buffs/regain landing 5 hits, with subbing in more STP for no regain situations?

A) how will the embrava nerf affect this set?

B) is it more realistic to 7 hit and max multi hit gear if your lacking regain?

C) a mid-mid/high rag gear set would be helpful

many thanks, awesome guide
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-01-04 11:41:52  
that's actually one of my concerns too. For Ragnarok, would you still go with 6 hit /SAM under Restrain? It would be quite difficult to do without Ogier's Gauntlets. This is assuming no regain from Embrava obviously in preparation for the nerf. I am not sure if your COR do regain or STP rolls in general, but from what I heard, it is usually Chaos and DA roll, obviously correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-04 11:45:40  
Yes, you should 6 hit. Restraint is nice, but it's not that nice given WAR's high multi hit rate. Best case scenario for Restraint is actually the worst case scenario for overall damage since the WS damage increase only affects the first hit of an attack round.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2013-01-04 15:12:31  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Few comments on the xml, there are no hybrid sets in there, and the autoexec file is missing unless I missed something. I think you forgot to include the conqueror tp sets as well. Might want to add a var that swaps af3+2 feet over huginn for additional retaliation damage when fighting multiple monsters at once too.

All added/fixed.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-04 16:01:27  
First I'd like to say that this guide is absolutely top notch and well done.

Playing with Rag 6hits, I have this one winning out. Figured I'd post it since it edges out the MAX on the first page.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 222 223 224