フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 253 254 255
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 13:43:09  
Asura.Arouis said: »
Really enjoying playing Ninja and have decided I would like to invest into it. Anyone got some up to date DD sets//gear sets?
Also, best DPS Katana set and is there a difference for tanking//low man katana sets?
Thanks ^ ^

I believe the front page shows be up to date, as Langly does a superb job with it (just checked, my blade hi set is badly out of date). You should cross reference it with some of Logical's videos. He covers everything from entry level level to elite

YouTube Video Placeholder

https://youtu.be/mf0HBGOj-vY?list=PLYtZg50CYZI49pmOmfGDGAXg42WCz_Ov2
(Someone fix my link, YouTube not working)

Subscribe to him and check the Guide To Ninja series. Helpful stuff
 Asura.Arouis
サーバ: Asura
user: arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2020-12-27 13:47:47  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Really enjoying playing Ninja and have decided I would like to invest into it. Anyone got some up to date DD sets//gear sets?
Also, best DPS Katana set and is there a difference for tanking//low man katana sets?
Thanks ^ ^

I believe the front page shows be up to date, as Langly does a superb job with it (just checked, my blade hi set is badly out of date). You should cross reference it with some of Logical's videos. He covers everything from entry level level to elite

Very helpful, thank you ^ ^
By Pantafernando 2020-12-27 13:49:39  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Thanks ^ ^

Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-12-27 14:22:07  
Are there particular buff situations to when you'd use Mochi Hakama +3 over Jokushu Haidate for Blade: Metsu? I noticed ffxiah guide lists Haidate, but Logical's video is only showing Hakama as the sole option to consider.

I just unlocked Kikoku and trying to figure out how to gear for this, guide is saying go the DEX route but Logical is all about STR and WSD.
By SimonSes 2020-12-27 14:46:35  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Are there particular buff situations to when you'd use Mochi Hakama +3 over Jokushu Haidate for Blade: Metsu? I noticed ffxiah guide lists Haidate, but Logical's video is only showing Hakama as the sole option to consider.

I just unlocked Kikoku and trying to figure out how to gear for this, guide is saying go the DEX route but Logical is all about STR and WSD.

guide is probably pre Relic+3. Mochi is much better.

Actually... Haidate is better for DEX vs WSD affecting raw damage. 35 DEX will win, because of how big is WSD already in this set and that causing diminishing returns. That being said, you have massive attack advantage on Mochi (+77 more), so for uncapped attack, Mochi will win.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-27 15:15:32  
ws sets are definitely outdated for the situation that he made them for, which is ignoring acc and attack

tp sets could probably use updating as well

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-12-27 16:13:12  
Asura.Memes said: »
Where are the Savage Blade sets?
no
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-12-27 17:07:56  
Savage Blade NIN is cancer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-12-27 17:52:43  
It's nearly as good as Savage Blade DRG though

Savage Blade NIN is cancer.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2020-12-27 20:36:07  
Sets could definitely stand to be updated on the front page, both TP and WS. I'm off of work until the 4th. And my blerfday is on the third. So perhaps I can get to it before then in my free time. :D
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-28 06:43:33  
It's nearly as good as Savage Blade DRG though

If everyone uses Savage Blade, there is no skillchains, which is not good, unless you want it specifically. On top of that in zones like DynamisD, NMs has hard wall in form of fixed progressive damage reduction for repeating the same WS in a row (damage reduction is only for that repeated WS).

Ofc there is still possibility that NIN wants to use Savage Blade, but I think such scenario is rare. For solo, you want att bonuses/def.ignoring WSs, self skillchains and keep aeonic/empy/mythic/relic AM up.

Also Savage Blade isnt really that good without TP bonus offhand or TP bonus buffs.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-12-28 09:22:13  
SimonSes said: »
in zones like DynamisD
Ain't noone taking NIN to Dynamis unless they want a strange challenge to do it with NIN.

People doing RP on neck and katana. You are also underestimate NIN by a lot for some zones/setups. In frality/malaise mix setup, hybrid WSes are total powerhouse. Also some people simply like playing their favorite jobs and at this point most people dont care about optimal setups, because its too easy anyway and its at 60hours downtime, so its not like you can spam it if you do it much faster.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-12-28 09:33:57  
Then why are you posting in the nin forums? It’s not optimal for you? *** leave then lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-28 09:38:19  
SimonSes said: »
in zones like DynamisD
Ain't noone taking NIN to Dynamis unless they want a strange challenge to do it with NIN.

It's actually one of the most optimal jobs in Dyanmis-D when played correctly.

Anyone clearing it easy is selling wins, and still using optimal jobs. Anyone needing RP can pay a measly few million gil to RP sellers...

Why would you pay for RP? lol Your acting like farming Dyanmis-D is challenging or something. You can go in with pretty much anything and clear Waves 1 and 2.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-12-28 09:39:22  
You have posted absolutely nothing constructive in this thread. Seems to be a trend of yours. You don't like the job or think it's useful then simply leave. /shrug
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-28 09:41:59  
There's no need for the vitriol. You got even madder than Bukkakki.

Don't be bitter because you don't like the facts. I was polite enough to explain it to you, but instead of just being mature and having a conversation about it (you couldn't refute any of it, so you waited a day to respond), you are now reduced to trolling. None of that is necessary.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-28 09:47:13  
Your edits don't lie as well as you do.
By SimonSes 2020-12-28 09:55:27  
Because it doesn't require a handful people to carry you on a suboptimal job.

It might be a surprise for you, but there are still linkshells or groups of people, who prefer enjoyment from doing stuff together over playing optimal in every single event. My LS sells W3 on weekends (and carry returning/new players from LS) when setup is more optimal, but on RP runs at weekdays most people can bring whatever job they want (almost) and none care its not optimal RP farm, because we just like to play with each other. Also I would never merc RP lol, I would rather triobox crystals.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-12-28 13:47:52  
This thread got weird fast.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-28 13:48:54  
if metsu isn't bestu then i don't wanna know about it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-28 15:59:48  
Asura.Kusare said: »
if metsu isn't bestu then i don't wanna know about it

I've been critical of it in the past, but I like using it with matsui-p recently to deal nonstop skillchains. Kinda of fun, but I will go to my grave saying that ws, of every single relic ws in the game (next to probably final heaven/Mercy stroke), needs a damn boost. :/
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-28 17:15:35  
i just like the meme

but yeah, i can totally get behind a relic ws buff.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-28 17:26:52  
it's on the list of ***they might actually do. Kinda spoiled it with the spharai post.
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 253 254 255