フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 253 254 255
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-09-03 13:49:50  
I've been messing around with magical and hybrid WS recently. To help with skillchaining I decided to alter an older skillchain chart to only include those types of WS. I thought you guys might find it useful. If I am missing someone to give credit for the original chart, please let me know so I can credit him or her.

I know I can use an online calculator but I like to have this handy for quick reference.

https://i.imgur.com/5DA9QA8.jpg

Edit: There could be some conflicts between primary, secondary, and tertiary weaponskill properties. I can change and update if I screwed anything up.
 Asura.Dinotron
サーバ: Asura
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2020-09-03 15:08:02  
If you want to be eternally lazy you could always use the Skillchains lua:
https://github.com/Ivaar/Skillchains
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-03 15:09:46  
Asura.Dinotron said: »
If you want to be eternally lazy you could always use the Skillchains lua:
https://github.com/Ivaar/Skillchains

Love the skillchains lua +1 for that. it's nice just seeing all your options in real time. Without having to remember.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-09-10 16:46:49  
Re: 3rd wave of Unity augments, I'm not seeing much to get excited about for NIN. None of the Tatenashi +1 pieces look like they beat existing BiS katana WS pieces. For TP, DPS is about on par with Kendatsuba +1 but loses a lot of Meva and requires maintaining max Unity bonus to get the full STP.

Tatenashi +1 pieces do have slightly higher acc than Ken+1/Maligance for a max acc TP set, but that's a pretty big investment for a modest improvement for acc swaps. And usually anything that needs that much acc is dangerous enough that I'd probably lean toward Malignace's additional DT-/Meva anyway.

This set was a real disappointment to me. I try not to get my hopes up too much for updates, but was really expecting at least a piece or two from this set to be more worthwhile.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 16:48:39  
Higher acc... with no mobs to use it on. Power outcreeping the game.

But then Sheol D will have Super-Zilant with complete GEO-Immunity, 1000 tp regain, doom aura, full dispel zone wide unresistable tp moves

And then you'll be like... so about that tatenashi set
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 17:04:27  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Re: 3rd wave of Unity augments, I'm not seeing much to get excited about for NIN. None of the Tatenashi +1 pieces look like they beat existing BiS katana WS pieces. For TP, DPS is about on par with Kendatsuba +1 but loses a lot of Meva and requires maintaining max Unity bonus to get the full STP.

Tatenashi +1 pieces do have slightly higher acc than Ken+1/Maligance for a max acc TP set, but that's a pretty big investment for a modest improvement for acc swaps. And usually anything that needs that much acc is dangerous enough that I'd probably lean toward Malignace's additional DT-/Meva anyway.

This set was a real disappointment to me. I try not to get my hopes up too much for updates, but was really expecting at least a piece or two from this set to be more worthwhile.

Yep just finished doing calcs on new gear. Every peice is 25-50 DPS lower then other BiS piece. The accuracy situation you speak of is the one area that this set will absolutely excel in but yea applications for that are limited. Also note that the set will NOT cap your Haste, so you will need to get like 10% elsewhere as well (including head). Only 15% between the 4 pieces... really kind of annoying.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2020-09-10 17:30:03  
Ya not a fan of any of them Tatenashi pieces for nin atm over Kenbody or Adhemer+1 hands Perf sam legs and 6 triple herc boots. They have no raacc for daken either, not that I have alot either buts some with ken and Adhemer at least.
By Boshi 2020-09-10 18:12:43  
with this kinda ***u always gotta see if the stat+10 might be useful, especially with ***like agi on hands or dex on legs when a slot usually lacking those. Not that I've gone thru these yet but there's always random ***that pops up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-10 18:22:03  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Every peice is 25-50 DPS lower then other BiS piece.

Did you check R15 Tatenashi Haidate +1 vs Rao Haidate +1 (B) in a Trust scenario for Blade: Shun?
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 18:24:39  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Every peice is 25-50 DPS lower then other BiS piece.

Did you check R15 Tatenashi Haidate +1 vs Rao Haidate +1 (B) in a Trust scenario for Blade: Shun?

Did not, tested them purely as TP Pieces. More in depth analysis of the ws sets I'll probably get to tomorrow but I'll check that one first.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-09-10 18:37:19  
Yep just finished doing calcs on new gear. Every peice is 25-50 DPS lower then other BiS piece. The accuracy situation you speak of is the one area that this set will absolutely excel in but yea applications for that are limited. Also note that the set will NOT cap your Haste, so you will need to get like 10% elsewhere as well (including head). Only 15% between the 4 pieces... really kind of annoying.

I'm not too concerned about the Haste aspect, since Sailfi +1 R15 (Haste +9%) exists now. But yeah, awfully pricey for an ultra-niche max acc swap set that sacrifices a lot of defensive benefit.

The Unity Ranking system is also a downside to Tatenashi gear, as you really want all of that STP in order for the pieces to be worth it. YMMV based on willingness to swap unities to get the full rank bonus (for me that's a great big no thanks).

Boshi said: »
with this kinda ***u always gotta see if the stat+10 might be useful, especially with ***like agi on hands or dex on legs when a slot usually lacking those. Not that I've gone thru these yet but there's always random ***that pops up.

Certainly a consideration. But I did account for stat+10 and checked these against current top sets, and it still doesn't really change anything for TP/WS sets.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 18:51:45  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I'm not too concerned about the Haste aspect, since Sailfi +1 R15 (Haste +9%) exists now. But yeah, awfully pricey for an ultra-niche max acc swap set that sacrifices a lot of defensive benefit.

The Unity Ranking system is also a downside to Tatenashi gear, as you really want all of that STP in order for the pieces to be worth it. YMMV based on willingness to swap unities to get the full rank bonus (for me that's a great big no thanks).

Oh right Salifi with 9%...Forgot they threw that one there. Guess that part's a non-issue then thanks.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-09-10 18:56:37  
Oh yeah, and to Buukki's question about Shun sets...

Generally, same stuff that was previously BiS remains, including Rao +1 B legs. If you fiddle with buffs enough, there are some situations where Tatenashi +1 legs can pull slightly ahead, and that is the best of the 4 Tatenashi pieces for Shun purposes. But even the legs are so close as to basically be a sidegrade at best (and it looks like in the majority of situations, Rao+1 is still better). Kinda hard to justify the cost for that.
[+]
By Izanami 2020-09-12 14:33:09  
I compiled a list of Ninja adjustments over the last year or so and finally got around to posting it in the official forums (link here). If you aren't banned, I'd appreciate any feedback posted in that thread since that's the only way we're going to see any real changes to Ninja. In the likely case you are already banned, feel free to comment about it here and maybe somebody else could copy/paste it to the official forums. The idea wasn't 'make Ninja the best job ever' but more 'catch Ninja up with the current state of the game.'

Spread the word. Tell your neighbor. Hang copies at your local bus stop. Translate it to Japanese and post it on the Japanese official forum so it actually gets seen. Introduce your pets to FFXI and have them reply. Let's try to give Ninja an actually useful update!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-12 18:40:08  
That list was very good and comprehensive. I respect it. My suggestion if you don't know japanese, see if you can ask someone to translate the key parts for you to post on OF. What I used to do was just google translate and let the JP discuss it amongst themselves. I even translated the jp forums to see how they are reacting to the broken post.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-12 22:04:38  
It will probably look something like af head +3 and then full relic +3 everywhere else, with the usual suspects in the ring/earring/waist slots. Nodowa+2 for sure.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-09-12 22:48:33  
Asura.Hrohj said: »
Anyone have any advice for a Metsu set in situations where I am NOT attack-capped (IE, literally every time I play on NIN)? The set on the front page doesn’t seem helpful in that regard.
ItemSet 375362
Just something quick thrown together but STR path on adhemar & DEX att/wsd or STR att/wsd. This is for if you're finding yourself that low on attack and don't want to spend a ton of money and you can always swap to NQ adhemar and lower tier neck. Can use regal ring too but I made the assumption you might not have it. Actually belt should be R15 Kentarch over sailfi.
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2020-09-14 08:04:22  
Logical do you have all your gearsets condensed somewhere? I've enjoyed watching your vids, props for those, but it's a bit messy to skip between them to search sets and also guessing there's been some changes due to the unity updates.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-14 08:53:09  
Asura.Alkk said: »
Logical do you have all your gearsets condensed somewhere? I've enjoyed watching your vids, props for those, but it's a bit messy to skip between them to search sets and also guessing there's been some changes due to the unity updates.

Yes I do for BOTH Attack capped and NOT attack capped situations so the above poster could have just checked them. The set posted above for Metsu is close but a few pieces still to gain DPS on such as Body, Hands, Feet and Waist.

Here you go... I have posted this a few times in this thread but I know it gets lost to all the pages. I try to keep them up to date... I have NOT added in Sheol C yet but in my testing so far it's not shown to be an improvement anywhere. Hope this helps.

https://github.com/NextGames2000/Spreadsheets
[+]
By Boshi 2020-09-14 09:10:48  
Why are you guys listening to Lunatone
[+]
 Asura.Kitfoxtrot
user: foxtrot
By Asura.Kitfoxtrot 2020-09-14 09:11:01  
uh potentially stupid question but shun = 5 hits, and since DW that'd be 6 hits right?

Does this make TA somewhat moot for the ws then? Or anyone know when the TA portion is counted/priority it's given?

Goofing around with the spread sheet and TA seems to carry more dmg for shun than I'd expect if it's 6 hits (with offhand).
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-14 09:12:33  
main hand hit > off hand hit > 4 hits with main hand > additional mainhand MA procs > additional offhand MA procs
[+]
 Asura.Alkk
user: Alkai
By Asura.Alkk 2020-09-14 10:32:44  
Here you go... I have posted this a few times in this thread but I know it gets lost to all the pages. I try to keep them up to date... I have NOT added in Sheol C yet but in my testing so far it's not shown to be an improvement anywhere. Hope this helps.

My bad for not browsing further back then, thanks a lot, definitely helpful :)
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-14 10:57:23  
Asura.Alkk said: »

My bad for not browsing further back then, thanks a lot, definitely helpful :)

All good, I myself am guilty of asking for info that is already posted in this thread... it's just so long at this point with so much info it's easy to miss stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-14 10:59:23  
Too much gets buried because we do the two pages of arguing and "it works for me" instead of simply asked and answered. No one wants to go digging through that ***.

Yes, "it's situational", give the situation, and answer with knowledge instead of opinion. /soapbox
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2020-09-14 16:42:19  
Boshi said: »
Why are you guys listening to Lunatone

It's the best WS Boshi.
By SimonSes 2020-09-15 15:45:40  
Gearswap would help dramatically with how long your in this set. Your normally only in it for a split second as you midcast. This makes it less likely you would get hit in it and the need for the extra HP (above the tp gearset) and magic eva, -dt etc is much less useful in this set then. However if using ffxi native macros you will be in it for a full second opening the window for those actions to affect you dramatically.

Almost necro comment, but I have seen searching for Kamu set XD
I think you underestimate how long you are in midcast set actually. We would need some person more experienced with data sending in FFXI (Thorny?) to be sure, but I think you are in midcast set for longer than split second. I assume you base your assumption on equipviewer, but equipviewer has short lags and it shows some pieces equipped for shorter time than they actually are.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-17 14:21:17  
Blade: Kamu video is out finally. Blade: Chi/To and the spreadsheet SimonSes made for us will be covered next.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 253 254 255