Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 04:51:15  
Clinpachi said:
Dasva said:
Clinpachi said:
Dasva said:
Jax said:
How do you know when you find a tablet??

Itll be like a ??? spot on the ground but will say mog-tablet. click it

It won't say mog tablet above it right away... it's just a shiny spot on the ground. You basically have to run up over it to get the name to pop and make it clickable.

It does come up on wide scan and radars.

wait widescan... I thought that it wasnt supposed to be possible itd make it too easy

First hand information from a dynamis linkshell mate who got the ring on THF/RNG... said it came up on wide scan. I wouldn't have believed it or mentioned it otherwise if it was rumor.

Hmmm well at this point id say if it really was widescan able 3 people could search all the zones by now...
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-05-19 04:55:20  
I can't say as I've never found one, but I doubt widescan would work. Otherwise what would be the point of them making it clear you need to be near the tablet to make it show up. Everyone would be subbing /rng if this was the case, but I am not seeing many if any out there.
Still nothing on Gilgamesh.

This is quickly becoming the worst event ever. Week one was okay, because you knew when they were going to be up to look for. What is this, SE? An event with spawn windows?
Halloween is better than this and I gave up trying to get all the pumpkin heads in 2005. X.X
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-19 04:57:12  
maybe they screwed up last week and made them wide-scannable and now they're not, which would explain why they all got found uber fast last week
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 04:59:32  
I still call shenanigans since none have been found. I personally searched 2 zones completely and ls mates searched like 3-4... not to mention everyone else searching
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-19 05:07:19  
Tallulah said:
I can't say as I've never found one, but I doubt widescan would work. Otherwise what would be the point of them making it clear you need to be near the tablet to make it show up. Everyone would be subbing /rng if this was the case, but I am not seeing many if any out there.
Still nothing on Gilgamesh.

This is quickly becoming the worst event ever. Week one was okay, because you knew when they were going to be up to look for. What is this, SE? An event with spawn windows?
Halloween is better than this and I gave up trying to get all the pumpkin heads in 2005. X.X

Believe me i wouldn't think widescan either..... it's not MY personal experience but that of a good LS mate.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-19 05:10:32  
User submitted image

"Hail, gallant adventurers! Thanks to your feats of detection and derring-do, the lost Mog Tablets of King Kupofried have been recovered, and their mystic "Super Kupowers" freed to fill the realm with happiness and joy. The first phase of the quest will soon draw to a close, but fear not! After a random period of time (eight to twenty-four hours), the tablets will once more be scattered to the winds, and the quest will begin anew!

Would-be relic hunters be warned! The ethereal glow of the tablets will be faint this time around, testing your sleuthing skills to the fullest.

But stand strong, and shirk not from your moogle-appointed task! Restore the eleven tablets and their Super Kupowers to Vana'diel, and this time you could be among those to claim the elusive Kupofried's Ring!"

Right on the new front page of POL....

*** THIS ***GOOOOODNIIIIGHHHHT.

/out
 Remora.Pyp
サーバ: Remora
user: pyp
By Remora.Pyp 2009-05-19 05:12:32  
I wonder if that message "Scattered to the winds" meant something other than "SE is resetting the tablets..."

Kind of a sick joke, searched every quadrant of 4 zones myself and a friend also searched 4 and found nothing. The fact that I ran into at least 12 other people searching and there were no system wide messages stating that a single one has been found. I'm with Dasva on this one -- gotta be some stupid explanation for this.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 05:14:45  
Explantion SE is the king of phail™
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-05-19 05:20:57  
Clinpachi said:
User submitted image

"Hail, gallant adventurers! Thanks to your feats of detection and derring-do, the lost Mog Tablets of King Kupofried have been recovered, and their mystic "Super Kupowers" freed to fill the realm with happiness and joy. The first phase of the quest will soon draw to a close, but fear not! After a random period of time (eight to twenty-four hours), the tablets will once more be scattered to the winds, and the quest will begin anew!

Would-be relic hunters be warned! The ethereal glow of the tablets will be faint this time around, testing your sleuthing skills to the fullest.

But stand strong, and shirk not from your moogle-appointed task! Restore the eleven tablets and their Super Kupowers to Vana'diel, and this time you could be among those to claim the elusive Kupofried's Ring!"

Right on the new front page of POL....

*** THIS ***GOOOOODNIIIIGHHHHT.

/out

User submitted image

I smell a
"At the following time we will be performing emergency maintenance..............."
 Kujata.Appare
サーバ: Kujata
user: appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-05-19 05:21:50  
Well, probably there is nothing to be found yet.
From the SE-news regarding the event:

These beatific boons will endure for one week before the quest draws to a temporary close.
After a set period of time, the tablets will once more be scattered to the winds, and the quest will begin anew!
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-19 05:21:58  
wait wait wait wait wait....

i just had a thought... so now its 8-24 hours after the tablets are collected before they redistribute. And it did say that this event was indefinite....

do you guys think the first week was balls-to-wall week.... and that week two is a bit of a relief... then after the adventurer appreciation week ending on may 25th that we might see some JP midnight pops or better?

on second thought wtf am i thinking this is square-enix were talking about LOL....

/bed
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-19 05:24:41  
Well that GM conversation kinda implies they are about... but no ones found them... im guessing they have no clue and emergency maintenance and when that happens at some time Im asleep iLl be like but GM lied to me. I want kupo ring!!!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-19 05:40:28  
GM's aren't exactly kept in the loop for everything that's going on. An 8-24 hour respawn, regardless of when it's from when they're found or when they're reset opens the time-frame up to everyone.
 Remora.Pyp
サーバ: Remora
user: pyp
By Remora.Pyp 2009-05-19 05:43:32  
speaking of "not in the loop" -- after 5 months of paying for my subscription and paying 2 times a month more than once, my account is in "trial" status and the $10.00 I paid for my security token avails me nothing...

of course SE is all over this screw up with a "We're in the process of fixing this problem" and a "sorry for the inconvenience"

Now I can relax and know that all is well in the world...
[+]
 Sylph.Jax
サーバ: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-05-19 06:01:02  
this event sucks... t(`A't)
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-05-19 06:06:45  
Jax said:

truth. i am still convinced they aren't up yet. if they are then there is some god awful set of circumstances that are required to make them appear. after searching meri. mountains and zitah i am so over this event.

After a random period of time (eight to twenty-four hours), the tablets will once more be scattered to the winds, and the quest will begin anew!

A 16 hour window for the tablets to reappear is just stupid. They should just make a quest so everyone can get a ring one time only and be done with it.
 Kujata.Appare
サーバ: Kujata
user: appare
By Kujata.Appare 2009-05-19 06:09:54  
The event would be kinda stupid if the tablets would have been spread out on the exact same time every week, since that would mean it would always be in japanese prime time, early in the morning in Europe an in the middle of the night in the US. An 8-24h random timer after the event ends makes perfect sense to me here.
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-05-19 06:10:09  
Tallulah said:
Jax said:

truth. i am still convinced they aren't up yet. if they are then there is some god awful set of circumstances that are required to make them appear. after searching meri. mountains and zitah i am so over this event.
A 16 hour window for the tablets to reappear is just stupid. They should just make a quest so everyone can get a ring one time only and be done with it.

{word} would be so *** up if it wasn't up yet..
i checked 4 zones and nothing. waste of time, a waste of my life! i wish it were a quest. double anni rings {Yes, please}
but i'm not going to lose any sleep over this!!!
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-05-19 06:15:29  
16 hours windows are why I do not camp Argus and Eastern Western Shadows. I'd sooner kill myself than play for 16 hours. I understand the reasoning behind the timing so it is "fair" for each part of the world. Should just set it at JP midnight like everything else.
As is I'm not going to bother unless it happens to pop when I am on and even then...I will probably be in dynamis or limbus.
 Sylph.Jax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-05-19 06:17:12  
I guess this is pretty much based on luck then, hmm?
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-05-19 06:26:59  
you don't have to lose an sleep {woman}. point is just get lucky on a reset =/
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-19 06:31:47  
Honestly the time I could be searching for these and (not) getting one can be much better spent partying or doing quests.

This ring just seems like a major e-peen ring to be honest.
 Carbuncle.Gilster
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Gilster
By Carbuncle.Gilster 2009-05-19 06:34:08  
Clinpachi said:
Yeah something is amiss here.... does ANYONE have a server that did not receive the message yet?

quite a few servers have said it's been up with no tablets found... but a post by square-enix said the times would be random for each server.

Is it me or is this going to be a big guessing game and hunt? I'm starting to think the emergency maintenance yesterday morning made this a lot harder to track the tablets.

Well My Server Has Gotten Them.... I wasnt one of them >.>
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-05-19 07:04:02  
Gilster said:
Well My Server Has Gotten Them.... I wasnt one of them >.>

POIDH, lying jackass.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-19 07:07:22  
You're all too *** hard to please, first everyone was pissed off because of the time the event started, and now you're all pissed off because the start time is random. What do you actually want from this? For the event to start the moment you log on and for it to appear magically right in front of you? If it's too much effort, don't participate, simple solution.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-19 08:58:19  
Question:

Ok what are the mog tablets? >.> I haven't done any quest but for some reason I have all the mog tablets so I can OP for free atm.

So can someone explain a bit of this quest or link it please?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-05-19 09:00:40  
Alyria said:
Question:

Ok what are the mog tablets? >.> I haven't done any quest but for some reason I have all the mog tablets so I can OP for free atm.

So can someone explain a bit of this quest or link it please?

There are 11 tablets scattered across Vanadiel, from what I've seen they're all FOV areas, when they're all found everyone on the server benefits from them while you're in a Signet area.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-19 09:03:32  
I don't remember even doing this mog tablets thing unless its the same as the Crawler's nest tablet quest >.>

So what are the benefits?
 Seraph.Raiderxxii
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Raiderxxii 2009-05-19 09:06:49  
Ignore post, I only read the first page and my post was answered on 2nd page already :p
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-05-19 09:09:47  
Alyria said:
I don't remember even doing this mog tablets thing unless its the same as the Crawler's nest tablet quest >.>

So what are the benefits?

This is the reward for finding a Tablet yourself: http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=15840

Only 11 ppl per week per server can find a tablet so good luck ;)

Edit: Benefit of finding all tablets are 3 random bonuses for everyone on the server in FoV zones including: TH boost, quickening, regen/refresh on signet, more treasure caskets, crafting boost and a few others I can't remember off hand.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8