Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-16 21:29:59  
Quote:
DMG:110 Delay:236 STR+15 Fire Resistance+25 Accuracy+20
Sword skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188
Fire elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus"+15
Additional effect: Fire damage

Base damage is extremely low but dat acc.

The +fire affinity +15 seems pretty good for fire based spells...if we had any decent ones.

A question about Element: Magic Atk Bonus though. On BG it was said that anything written in this notation is actually +Affinity but is it equatable to Affinity+15? Like Affinity+6 was something like DMG+35% for Magian Staves, so would Affnity+15 be like +80% damage?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-16 22:06:57  
Thermal Pulse isn't half bad, but even with the extra 15MAB its still inferior to other magical nukes with clubs.
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-16 22:08:31  
It shouldnt be 15MAB, that's technically +15 Affinity no?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-17 06:58:00  
The element magic attack bonus is the same as pixie hairpin+1, meaning its a straight +15% damage calculated seperately from MAB.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-17 09:25:25  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Thermal Pulse isn't half bad, but even with the extra 15MAB Affinity its still inferior to other magical nukes with clubs.

We've been over this on previous pages, we all know it's affinity. It's awesome in the case of pixie hairpin, there's no other head slot that competes, however in the weapon slot there's Vulcan's staff, Chatoyant Staff, etc.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-10-17 10:50:22  
Jassik...stop posting to yourself :p and get me some HP Baylds >.>
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-17 11:13:44  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Jassik...stop posting to yourself :p and get me some HP Baylds >.>

Stalker! Back to the RUN forums with ye!
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-17 11:41:33  
Thermal Pulse isn't half bad, but even with the extra 15MAB Affinity its still inferior to other magical nukes with clubs.

We've been over this on previous pages, we all know it's affinity. It's awesome in the case of pixie hairpin, there's no other head slot that competes, however in the weapon slot there's Vulcan's staff, Chatoyant Staff, etc.
Both of which are merely +2 affinity with Chatoyant having a slight boost when Iridescence requirements are met.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-17 11:42:42  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

Both of which are merely +2 affinity with Chatoyant having a slight boost when Iridescence requirements are met.
The sword is +15% fire damage, 2 affinity is 15% fire damage, unless I'm missing something, they would be identical in that regard.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-17 11:45:16  
Sword is 15 affinity. 2 staves you mentioned are 2 affinity.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-17 11:45:41  
Swords garbage. Any idea what the procrate on the clubs en-stone effect is? I wanted to think it was like Siccoro.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-17 11:48:39  
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Sword is 15 affinity. 2 staves you mentioned are 2 affinity.

So the sword would be +80%?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-10-17 11:58:42  
That's what I've been led to believe. Thread here shows Archon ring (+5) boosting LS by about 30%.
Nvm. Didn't read in his last test he was using DP, which is the one I compared.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-17 12:04:35  
no....... 15% elemental "whatever" is 15% damage, it might be what they used to refer to as affinity 2 and stack in the same slot as affinity, but has chosen to now write it out as +15 elemental (fire,w/e) attack bonus. Ring will get you +5% regardless of current MAB. Hairpin will get you 28% regardless of current mab. The two together will get you +33%..not +100% or w/e you think that would add to using the "affinity" term.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-10-17 12:49:44  
Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
no....... 15% elemental "whatever" is 15% damage, it might be what they used to refer to as affinity 2 and stack in the same slot as affinity, but has chosen to now write it out as +15 elemental (fire,w/e) attack bonus. Ring will get you +5% regardless of current MAB. Hairpin will get you 28% regardless of current mab. The two together will get you +33%..not +100% or w/e you think that would add to using the "affinity" term.

That's the way I understood it, anyway.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-18 14:11:05  
What are you guys using for leg slot for dd spells like heavy strike/sinker drill/thrashing assault? OP says mani brais but those have pretty low str. Nahtirah legs? Af/af2 pants?
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 14:39:29  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
What are you guys using for leg slot for dd spells like heavy strike/sinker drill/thrashing assault? OP says mani brais but those have pretty low str. Nahtirah legs? Af/af2 pants?

Quiahuiz Trousers with STR augment personally.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-18 15:25:53  
Was thinking relic pants, 2 less str but has like 13 acc too for those 5 hits in sinker drill etc.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 15:33:07  
Was thinking relic pants, 2 less str but has like 13 acc too for those 5 hits in sinker drill etc.

Guess it depends on how your acc is though really.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-18 15:37:48  
Kaabnax with an 8 STR augment are a pretty good option as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-18 16:26:27  
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Conagh..... Don't make me thrash u. Those pants are for plus mnd.... RealmrAzer!!!!!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-10-18 18:14:18  

Conagh..... Don't make me thrash u. Those pants are for plus mnd.... RealmrAzer!!!!!

lol let me troll people in peace Doctorugh!

In all fairness those would probably be better for MND augment.
By Zubrin 2014-10-18 18:41:25  

I believe Manibozho brais are recommended because they're one of the few leg options with DEX on them. You also have to consider the extra 10 STR on Path A R15, bringing the total to 23. R15 also offers 10 Accuracy not counting what you get from DEX. They're just a very good all around piece which makes sense for the one size fits all approach on the physical sets.

For our pure STR spells, something like STR-augmented Kaabnax are probably better if you don't need the extra Accuracy.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-10-18 19:04:28  
Mani bozo for anything dex or str, Don't forget it has 30 attack , and that actually is a thing now apparently
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-18 19:26:34  
Mani bozo for anything dex or str, Don't forget it has 30 attack , and that actually is a thing now apparently

Do we have an adjusted formula for that yet? I've just been guessing on spell optimizations with a slight lean toward gear with a bit of ATT.

lol let me troll people in peace Doctorugh!

In all fairness those would probably be better for MND augment.

Unless something has replaced it very recently, Quiahuiz with a mnd aug are best for Req. Even with CDC taking back over as our primary ws, I like to keep my Req set good for those occasions where it's useful. And Realmrazer too ^^
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-18 23:10:55  
If i Auto-sort my Blue Magic list, will it also autosort my other spell lists? I need to autosort my blue spells but i have my other lists in a special order :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-19 07:41:26  
If i Auto-sort my Blue Magic list, will it also autosort my other spell lists? I need to autosort my blue spells but i have my other lists in a special order :/
I'm almost certain that each magic type is on its own and if you sort one it shouldn't affect the others. I recall going through and sorting each type one at a time but it's possible I'm wrong.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-10-19 08:16:32  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I'm almost certain that each magic type is on its own and if you sort one it shouldn't affect the others. I recall going through and sorting each type one at a time but it's possible I'm wrong.
It used to autosort the whole damn spell list for all spell types.
But a couple updates ago (when they moved Trust out of the Magic menu in the context menu) they made it so that it will only autosort the spell type individually.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-19 12:37:17  
OP has Assim charuqs for phys spells but wouldnt luhlaza be better since it also has 8 skill for base damage(and 25 attack, which also now affects phys blue spells?)

Also why does everywhere list Sinker Drill as a 75s recast but it's like a 7sec recast with erratic flutter and regular physical spell set?
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-19 12:43:40  
It depends on whether or not the accuracy is relevant.
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 446 447 448