Received A GM Warning For A Retarded Reason.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Received a GM warning for a retarded reason.
Received a GM warning for a retarded reason.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Leviathan.Symbol
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:13:15
| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Okay this really has me ticked.
I called a GM and asked him something my friend wanted to know before playing the game again.
My friend's comp gives him problems with the SE windower so he wanted to ask if he could use another way to play the game until somone solved his problem.
so I logged in and made a GM call.

I ask: Hey my friend is asking if he could use the non SE windower to get online and get support so they make the original Square Enix windower work?
He can not call the information center during the day and he has sent multiple emails for help and so far nothing.

The GM:I beleive you are asking this for your own concern
you should uninstall your third party programs after I warp you to your home point.
you will receive a warning this time but if you are caught next time you may have your account restricted.

I say: wait did you even read my question?
the GM: Good Bye*warps me from beadeaux to my Home point*

This really blows and I'm going to have to wait until monday to call the information center to see wth is up with that GM

okay I made another GM call and they said they cant have warnings removed
I claimed to them I never even said I use such programs and that I was just asking him a question.

Next time you are thinking of asking a question go with your friends
or you will be screwed by a GM
 Sylph.Cohan
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-05-10 00:15:56  
yeah im thinking that GM was having a bad day...... or his english to JP translator was broken XD.
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-10 00:18:02
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Never ever mention third party programs to GMs or anyone you don't trust period.
 Hades.Brinchan
サーバ: Hades
user: Brinny
By Hades.Brinchan 2009-05-10 00:21:18  
Yea ; ; what Arte said, but I do feel for you =( that is pretty fail on the GM's part ><
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-10 00:25:41

3rd party prg for GM is like the ultimate crime

so coming to a Gm and saying this is like a robber going to a police station and asking if stealing money from a bank is ok

but that GM is gay and should learn 2 advice b4 dishing out warnings

edit: not ultimate but ontop of the bad stuff
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-10 00:27:15  
That does suck.
I was in a similar situation during the time I was assumed to be an RMT of some sort due to joking around and saying BR74.

When you mention anything about any time of third party activites, its considered against the ToS =/

Sorry for your trouble. I feel for ya.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-10 00:29:24  
I cant blame the gm for thinking that.
[+]
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:30:43

I know, but sometimes I feel like when you call a GM, they do not care for you and instead of reading what is actually happening they just throw in Auto responses >.<
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-10 00:31:38  
Symbol said:
I know, but sometimes I feel like when you call a GM, they do not care for you and instead of reading what is actually happening they just throw in Auto responses >.<

they get a shitload of calls...so yeah =\
[+]
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:32:58

Ludoggy said:

For the GM to even take such actions he would need proof somehow if I understand.
All I did was ask a question for a mate who's PC wont work with XI due to a vista x64 and he responded flipping out
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-05-10 00:34:30  
Symbol said:
Ludoggy said:

For the GM to even take such actions he would need proof somehow if I understand.
All I did was ask a question for a mate who's PC wont work with XI due to a vista x64 and he responded flipping out

WEll i know how to fix that if you can't use SE windower...

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista02.html?pageID=media
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:36:57

Kindle said:
Symbol said:
Ludoggy said:

WEll i know how to fix that if you can't use SE windower...

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista02.html?pageID=media

we spent the whole day looking at that and we tried it out infact, still it was a no go, his comp would just fire up the PlayOnline viewer but after pressing the Play button on the FFXI screen it would just go black as if the screensaver was kicking in, a few seconds later it would say that playonline encountered an error and needs to close

EDIT: I made sure his video card drivers were up to date and everything
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-05-10 00:38:24  
I say... Just use the non SE windower like 80% of players lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:40:32

Kindle said:
I say... Just use the non SE windower like 80% of players lol

never bothered using a windower until SE made their own, lol I used to play in full screen mode back in the days where I thought multitasking didnt matter >:(
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 00:40:46  
Symbol said:
Ludoggy said:

Yeah but come on what you said sounded fishy. "Hey my "friend" cant get on is it ok if "he" cheats"... seriously though there was this thing before windowed mode or windower that people did... called just playing full screen
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:43:16

Dasva said:
Symbol said:
Ludoggy said:

Yeah but come on what you said sounded fishy. "Hey my "friend" cant get on is it ok if "he" cheats"... seriously though there was this thing before windowed mode or windower that people did... called just playing full screen

If you think like that then it would, but its not like saying "Hay GM I usez windowerz Is taht okay?"
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-10 00:44:05

It's lame really, there is virtually no harm or crime in simply asking. But either way it was a risque and touchy subject matter =/
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:45:44

Artemicion said:
It's lame really, there is virtually no harm or crime in simply asking. But either way it was a risque and touchy subject matter =/

In my 4 years of playing Ive never seen a GM yell at me in the GM jail XD
But it was a fun experience to see where they keep all the hax0rz
anyways I just hope someday they realize they are morons without common sense.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-10 00:48:19  
Kindle said:
I say... Just use the non SE windower like 90% of players lol

fixed
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:49:24

Korpg said:
Kindle said:
I say... Just use the non SE windower like 90% of players lol

fixed

lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 00:51:34  
Ok lets look at it this way. If you went up to a cop and told him your "friend" is having trouble paying rent cause he was laid off is it ok for "him" to steal some stuff? What would you think the cop would think? For that matter why would you even ask if its ok to violate the rules? Theres a saying its easier to ask forgiveness then to ask permission
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-10 00:52:30  
Dasva said:
Symbol said:
Ludoggy said:

That wouldn't be true, how can he call a GM thru the game if he can't get on the game to call the GM?

It sounds like the GM was having a bad day imo.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-10 00:53:24  
I thought that quote was the opposite?>.>
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 00:55:56

Dasva said:
Symbol said:
Ludoggy said:

I told the GM my friend cant use either full or SE windowed mode.
Edit: If he could I would have never even made the call to ask
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 00:56:00  
Yeah he said that he couldnt log on with SE windower not that he couldnt log on
ninja edit: ok cant use full screen either you say now. Still shouldnt ask to break the law that just silly-willy. I've had people get help for me before while I couldn't GM call cause i was stuck in cs. Eventually I ended up using support you can acess outside the game which when you have a problem if the GMs dont tell you that you really didnt have a problem is where they will tell you to log a complaint anyways.
 Titan.Rebekah
サーバ: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-05-10 00:58:23  
What i'd do is take down the GM's name and email special forces tell them the day time and where you were at the time. They might be able to pull up some type of data on your chat with the GM or make a GM call and ask for a SGM tell them the GM's name I'm sure they will ask all the questions. OR you can do both. TBH if the GM was being a f*g then you should try to report (s)him. Hope everything works out for you.
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 01:00:26

Rebekah said:
What i'd do is take down the GM's name and email special forces tell them the day time and where you were at the time. They might be able to pull up some type of data on your chat with the GM or make a GM call and ask for a SGM tell them the GM's name I'm sure they will ask all the questions. OR you can do both. TBH if the GM was being a f*g then you should try to report (s)him. Hope everything works out for you.

First thing I did ^_^, soon if I don't see any reply towards me, I might just call the information center and ask to see whats going on
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 01:01:13  
Rebekah said:

I can almost garuntee you wouldnt like the results. SE has no pity for people violating the user agreements. And have banned people for mere association before.
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 01:04:31

Dasva said:
Yeah he said that he couldnt log on with SE windower not that he couldnt log on
ninja edit: ok cant use full screen either you say now. Still shouldnt ask to break the law that just silly-willy. I've had people get help for me before while I couldn't GM call cause i was stuck in cs. Eventually I ended up using support you can acess outside the game which when you have a problem if the GMs dont tell you that you really didnt have a problem is where they will tell you to log a complaint anyways.

lol by the time me and my friend get home from work the information center is spammed with phone calls and chat calls, on friday we were at the web chat on hold for about 3hours and gave up on it
and phone support makes the calls from Puerto Rico to California expensive since it isn't a toll free number ><
edit:Phone Support hold record: 2hours22mins
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-10 01:08:54  
Dasva said:
Rebekah said:

I can almost garuntee you wouldnt like the results. SE has no pity for people violating the user agreements. And have banned people for mere association before.

Dasva, 1k+ posts and still no avatar?

Get to work man!
First Page 2 3 4 5