Received A GM Warning For A Retarded Reason.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Received a GM warning for a retarded reason.
Received a GM warning for a retarded reason.
 Valefor.Judda
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-05-11 17:37:50  
ok who is more HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?... The GM for that warning or the idiot asking questions about a 3rd party program, wich is totally forbidden.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kukukues
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kukukues
By Ragnarok.Kukukues 2009-05-11 17:39:42  
i'm pretty sure you could have googled your question it's how i found ffxiah.com
Google.ca for the win
[+]
 Kujata.Maidak
サーバ: Kujata
user: Maidak
By Kujata.Maidak 2009-05-11 17:47:23  
yeah that was freakin HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE asking a GM if you can use a third party tool . . . thats like calling a GM and saying your claim bot wasent working on fafnir what do i do to fix it.
[+]
 Siren.Narayan
サーバ: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-05-11 17:55:55  
I run Vista 64 and can use full screen and windowed just fine. AMD and ATI. I remember debugging when friends pc would do that flash black screen nonsense. It was hanging on DirectX. Had to uninstall the IR reciever in Device Manager, restart into safe mode, disable the IR reciever he uninstalled (it reinstalls on restart). Also turn off UAC and run POL.exe as admin.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-11 17:58:04  
Narayan said:
Also turn off UAC

Yeah I'm quickly discovering almost every issue people have with Vista can be traced back to that UAC garbage at some point.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-11 17:59:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Narayan said:
Also turn off UAC

Yeah I'm quickly discovering almost every issue people have with Vista can be traced back to that UAC garbage at some point.

whats UAC O.o
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-11 18:02:45  
University of Altana Centre.
 Leviathan.Symbol
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 18:22:33

Thunderz said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Narayan said:
Also turn off UAC

whats UAC O.o

User Account Control, its the yellow/white box that pops up in vista asking for permision to run some programs.
Edit: it is set to off on my friends desktop
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-11 18:23:33  
Symbol said:
User Account Control, its the yellow/white box that pops up in vista asking for permision to run some ALL programs.

Fixed.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-11 18:26:29  
Im still finding it funny that the person who posted this still doesnt get who HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it was of them to ask in the first place. And that the Gms assumption wasn't perfectly logic given the situation. I rereffer to my example of asking a cop if your "friend" can steal some money cause hes having trouble making ends meet.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-11 18:31:14  
Bartimaeus said:
HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to ask.

But I also loved how the GM just assumed "player was concerned for themselves, not a 'friend'".

Apparently GMs use polygraphs now. lol

And wouldn't most people in authority do the same thing. The whole asking about a "friend" is the oldest trick in the book to really ask a question about yourself. And of course you definitely wouldn't want to ask if you could break the rules. So yeah pretty safe assumpion. For that matter I halfway beleive that it wasn't a "friend" and really was this person.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-11 18:32:51  
IT WAS HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE FOR YOU TO ASK!!!!

Close thread.
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 18:33:26

Dasva said:
Im still finding it funny that the person who posted this still doesnt get who HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it was of them to ask in the first place. And that the Gms assumption wasn't perfectly logic given the situation. I rereffer to my example of asking a cop if your "friend" can steal some money cause hes having trouble making ends meet.

you shouldnt talk, you were the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE person who didnt even know how to have an avatar after 1k* posts.
 Fairy.Filielle
user: Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-11 18:36:08  
GM is a *** CAR INDUSTRY BUSINESS. Now who can say they know someone who still owns a Mercedez Benz?
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-05-11 18:37:10  
Dasva said:

Well, you also have to consider that if someone were to act out your example, the officer would give a warning and maybe bring the person in for questioning, but that kind of warning is different from an FFXI warning. An FFXI warning is like a "strike" one receives for breaking the rules, yet in neither case are the law/rules actually broken. The legal system, at least in the US and Britain, is not going to throw you in jail more readily 5 years later for some unrelated offense (say, arson) because you asked a suspicious question about robbery. The FFXI warning, however, will increase your odds of getting the banstick for, say, NM monopolization, which might otherwise have resulted in a suspension instead.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-11 18:38:46  
Narrubia said:
Dasva said:

Well, you also have to consider that if someone were to act out your example, the officer would give a warning and maybe bring the person in for questioning, but that kind of warning is different from an FFXI warning. An FFXI warning is like a "strike" one receives for breaking the rules, yet in neither case are the law/rules actually broken. The legal system, at least in the US and Britain, is not going to throw you in jail more readily 5 years later for some unrelated offense (say, arson) because you asked a suspicious question about robbery. The FFXI warning, however, will increase your odds of getting the banstick for, say, NM monopolization, which might otherwise have resulted in a suspension instead.

I blame elders that conspire against each other with their own immediate families as bait.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-11 18:46:51  
Symbol said:
Dasva said:

you shouldnt talk, you were the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE person who didnt even know how to have an avatar after 1k* posts.

Yep I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for not knowing some utterly pointless feature on this site. While someone asking to break the rules isnt good job there. What are you 5. Do you still tell your that your imaginary friend does all the bad things you do too?
Narrubia said:
Dasva said:

True but it was the minium he could do. Also you gotta remember that asking this heavily implies that the character already has windower and has probably used it in the past. And really whats a warning in this game? Nothing unless you keep doing stupid ***like this or worse
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 18:50:12

Dasva said:
Symbol said:
Dasva said:

Yep I'm HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for not knowing some utterly pointless feature on this site. While someone asking to break the rules isnt good job there. What are you 5. Do you still tell your that your imaginary friend does all the bad things you do too?
Narrubia said:
Dasva said:

True but it was the minium he could do. Also you gotta remember that asking this heavily implies that the character already has windower and has probably used it in the past. And really whats a warning in this game? Nothing unless you keep doing stupid ***like this or worse

Nobody on this site whats to be flamed at, but when the heat is under your *** you sure dont like it dont you?
if you are not going to help then you are welcome to keep posting useless advice.
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-05-11 18:51:46  
I don't know, if I were the GM I actually would assume that he didn't have the Windower installed and he was simply ignorant to the terms of service. I would have told him that no, using third party tools is never acceptable and that he should go read the terms of service.

But knowing GMs, they aren't like that and it was a terrible idea to ask. I cannot deny that.

Ninja Edit: Okay Symbol, here's some useful advice. Don't ask GMs about 3rd party tools or involvement in RMT activity (unless you're reporting someone.) Happy?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-11 18:54:34  
Symbol said:
Nobody on this site whats to be flamed at, but when the heat is under your *** you sure dont like it dont you?
if you are not going to help then you are welcome to keep posting useless advice.

English your doing it wrong. Btw just people aren't pandering to your own point of view doesn't mean it isn't help. I'm sure crack heads really hate it when you take that ***away from them but guess what its for there own good. But yeah go ahead keep it maybe you'll get banned/suspended next time.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-11 18:55:38  
Here's a simple advice & slap of approval:

{True Strike)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-11 18:59:27  
Filielle said:

{True Strike)

Whoa when did the crazy lady get back?
 Ifrit.Arawn
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2009-05-11 19:00:55  
Yeah, when talking to GMs don't even hint you know what a third party program is or that you might have used one. Or that you've smoked pot once in highschool. Heaven forbid you ever experiment (where did THAT come from....). They're not only obligated to ban you for those offenses but well within their rights to issue you a warning if they suspect you've been using one. Not only does SE blame third party programs for the vast majority of hacking offenses but they also blame the users of the third party programs for causing them headaches.
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 19:02:26

Dasva said:
Symbol said:

English your doing it wrong. Btw just people aren't pandering to your own point of view doesn't mean it isn't help. I'm sure crack heads really hate it when you take that ***away from them but guess what its for there own good. But yeah go ahead keep it maybe you'll get banned/suspended next time.

hey *** look at the flag on my profile
I'm from Puerto Rico and the main language is spanish there.
Te puedes morir en el infierno hijo de la gran puta.
[+]
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 19:03:20

Narrubia said:
I don't know, if I were the GM I actually would assume that he didn't have the Windower installed and he was simply ignorant to the terms of service. I would have told him that no, using third party tools is never acceptable and that he should go read the terms of service.

But knowing GMs, they aren't like that and it was a terrible idea to ask. I cannot deny that.

Ninja Edit: Okay Symbol, here's some useful advice. Don't ask GMs about 3rd party tools or involvement in RMT activity (unless you're reporting someone.) Happy?

Yes, advice is advice even if its bad for your own good.
 Fairy.Filielle
By Fairy.Filielle 2009-05-11 19:03:38  
Dasva said:
Filielle said:

{True Strike)

Whoa when did the crazy lady get back?

It might say on some sort of auto-logging system of the ffxiah.com server; But that's just logical tbh.
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 19:06:37

Btw this is something very special a gm said to me once and touched my heart.
User submitted image
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-05-11 19:10:09  
Ludoggy said:
IT WAS HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE FOR YOU TO ASK!!!!

Close thread.

Agreed. Read the Terms of Service. 3rd Party Program= Bad. Yes it was stupid for the GM to warp you to your HP but WHY even ask a question like that. It's in Black&White/Blue/Purple or w/e font you use.

What's next? Can I buy gil because I'm poor?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-11 19:14:24  
Ok heres a tip your lucky you didnt get banned heres why
SEI shall reserve the right in its sole discretion to revoke or suspend your PlayOnline user account and your ability to use PlayOnline at any time without prior notice to you, particularly but not limited to if SEI should determine (in its sole discretion) or should reasonably believe that you are responsible for, or have participated in, any of the following (collectively, "Prohibited Activities"):

(i) Use of any cheat codes or cheat devices; or

(j) Violating any Rule.
In addition, SEI shall be entitled to terminate the account (immediately and without notice) of any User who (1) was previously suspended or terminated by SEI and who SEI believes (in SEI's sole discretion) re-registered using different information in order to avoid such suspension or termination or (2) SEI believes (in its sole discretion), based on the User or other account information provided by such User now or at any time in the past (including, but not limited to, such User's name, date of birth, telephone number, mailing address, e-mail address, and credit card account information), that such User is related to or assisting one or more Users who are responsible for, or have participated in, Prohibited Activities of any kind. You agree to indemnify and hold SEI harmless from and against any losses or damages sustained by SEI as a result of your engaging in any Prohibited Activities, and you further agree to reimburse SEI for any and all expenses incurred by SEI in remedying the effects of such action.