Received A GM Warning For A Retarded Reason.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Received a GM warning for a retarded reason.
Received a GM warning for a retarded reason.
 Lakshmi.Leonien
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Leonien
By Lakshmi.Leonien 2009-05-10 01:12:24  
Artemicion said:
Never ever mention third party programs to GMs or anyone you don't trust period.

This.
And.
Does your friend's comp meet the requirements to play FFXI. It requires a minimum amount and depending what hardware you are using FFXI wont run on it. If its 2-3years old it should be fine and probably a setting issue. Should try and set all the ffxi details to minimal and then try it. If it works then its probably due to your limitation of the hardware.

And if you feel compelled about that GM BS you should ask for a SGM or file a complaint.
[+]
 Leviathan.Symbol
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 01:15:26
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Leonien said:
Artemicion said:
Never ever mention third party programs to GMs or anyone you don't trust period.

This.
And.
Does your friend's comp meet the requirements to play FFXI. It requires a minimum amount and depending what hardware you are using FFXI wont run on it. If its 2-3years old it should be fine and probably a setting issue. Should try and set all the ffxi details to minimal and then try it. If it works then its probably due to your limitation of the hardware.

And if you feel compelled about that GM BS you should ask for a SGM or file a complaint.

It is a 2008 Dell Vostro 220S running windows vista x64 he never used the comp for anything but read emails, it has a 2gb , 120GB free out of 150gb hard drive, I checked the computer specs and drivers many times and still nothing
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 01:41:04  
Actaully I didnt do web chat I communicated via email. Worked out awesome.
Artemicion said:

Actually given how the bannings for salvage dupes went I'd say never ever speak of actually doing anything illegal in the game. Oh and did you try using windower?
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 01:46:17

Dasva said:
Artemicion said:

Actually given how the bannings for salvage dupes went I'd say never ever speak of actually doing anything illegal in the game. Oh and did you try using windower?

I rather do live chat or phone because email forms send you auto -responses most of the time.
 Asura.Wtbfood
サーバ: Asura
user: wtbfood
By Asura.Wtbfood 2009-05-10 01:46:37  
Korpg said:
Dasva said:
Rebekah said:
What i'd do is take down the GM's name and email special forces tell them the day time and where you were at the time. They might be able to pull up some type of data on your chat with the GM or make a GM call and ask for a SGM tell them the GM's name I'm sure they will ask all the questions. OR you can do both. TBH if the GM was being a f*g then you should try to report (s)him. Hope everything works out for you.

I can almost garuntee you wouldnt like the results. SE has no pity for people violating the user agreements. And have banned people for mere association before.

Dasva, 1k+ posts and still no avatar?

Get to work man!

Dasva, meet your new avatar.
User submitted image
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-10 01:55:19  
Wtbfood said:
Korpg said:
Dasva said:
Rebekah said:
What i'd do is take down the GM's name and email special forces tell them the day time and where you were at the time. They might be able to pull up some type of data on your chat with the GM or make a GM call and ask for a SGM tell them the GM's name I'm sure they will ask all the questions. OR you can do both. TBH if the GM was being a f*g then you should try to report (s)him. Hope everything works out for you.

I can almost garuntee you wouldnt like the results. SE has no pity for people violating the user agreements. And have banned people for mere association before.

Get to work man!

User submitted image

Alot of these Ramuh people have hard times getting Avatars.
 Asura.Wtbfood
By Asura.Wtbfood 2009-05-10 01:56:32  
We gotta do all the hard work.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 02:02:22  
Symbol said:
Dasva said:
Artemicion said:

I rather do live chat or phone because email forms send you auto -responses most of the time.

And yet you mentioned that it is difficult for you so perhaps try it?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 02:05:45  
Wtbfood said:
Korpg said:
Dasva said:
Rebekah said:

Get to work man!

User submitted image

Id do it but I dont knwo how
 Asura.Wtbfood
By Asura.Wtbfood 2009-05-10 02:26:27  
Right click the medal and click "save as" or "save image as" depending on what browser you are using. Then at the top right of the ffxiah.com page hover over the "members menu" bit then click "edit chars" now select your character from the drop down list. Just underneath the character select bit is an upload avatar section click browse and go to where you saved the medal select it click ok then click submit. BAM avatars!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 02:30:30  
Wtbfood said:
Right click the medal and click "save as" or "save image as" depending on what browser you are using. Then at the top right of the ffxiah.com page hover over the "members menu" bit then click "edit chars" now select your character from the drop down list. Just underneath the character select bit is an upload avatar section click browse and go to where you saved the medal select it click ok then click submit. BAM avatars!

save picture you n00b!!!
 Asura.Wtbfood
By Asura.Wtbfood 2009-05-10 02:31:21  
Damn, well at least it was close enough for you to understand what I mean, GREAT SUCCESS.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 02:32:16  
Wtbfood said:
Damn, well at least it was close enough for you to understand what I mean, GREAT SUCCESS.

Lets a make sexi time it real nice
 Asura.Wtbfood
By Asura.Wtbfood 2009-05-10 02:43:40  
WE DID IT!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 02:55:03  
Wtbfood said:
WE DID IT!

***i missed it
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-10 02:55:13

OMG :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 02:59:36  
Symbol said:
OMG :D

I know your jealous
 Lakshmi.Leonien
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Leonien
By Lakshmi.Leonien 2009-05-10 03:28:30  
Symbol said:
Leonien said:
Artemicion said:

This.
And.

It is a 2008 Dell Vostro 220S running windows vista x64 he never used the comp for anything but read emails, it has a 2gb , 120GB free out of 150gb hard drive, I checked the computer specs and drivers many times and still nothing

lol vista x64. thats probably why. you needed to download a 64bit pol i assume
 Odin.Rues
サーバ: Odin
user: Rues
By Odin.Rues 2009-05-10 03:35:11  
I run on 64-bit Vista with no problem at all. Just had to download the PlayOnline Viewer from the POL website like all vista users.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-05-10 04:15:25  
Symbol said:
Okay this really has me ticked.
I called a GM and asked him something my friend wanted to know before playing the game again.
My friend's comp gives him problems with the SE windower so he wanted to ask if he could use another way to play the game until somone solved his problem.
so I logged in and made a GM call.

I ask: Hey my friend is asking if he could use the non SE windower to get online and get support so they make the original Square Enix windower work?
He can not call the information center during the day and he has sent multiple emails for help and so far nothing.

The GM:I beleive you are asking this for your own concern
you should uninstall your third party programs after I warp you to your home point.
you will receive a warning this time but if you are caught next time you may have your account restricted.

I say: wait did you even read my question?
the GM: Good Bye*warps me from beadeaux to my Home point*

This really blows and I'm going to have to wait until monday to call the information center to see wth is up with that GM

okay I made another GM call and they said they cant have warnings removed
I claimed to them I never even said I use such programs and that I was just asking him a question.

Next time you are thinking of asking a question go with your friends
or you will be screwed by a GM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

We told u windower was like Fight Club, and so what did u do...? ask a GM about it! Lolz! That's shitty u got a warning, but u shouldn't have asked a GM.

They're right though even the way u asked sounds shady using phrases like "...my friend...". Honestly I'd just drop it now before u get banned, it's really not worth pursuing imo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Omeed
サーバ: Cerberus
user: omeedg
By Cerberus.Omeed 2009-05-11 16:18:58  
Honestly dude... it's pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to ask a GM this question.

What the hell did you expect him to say?

"Oh, yes, we'll make an exception for your friend, carry on."
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-05-11 16:46:14  
No, what he ought to have done though was offer some sort of advice on not using windower and connecting to XI.
[+]
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-05-11 16:48:25  
Good luck calling in, expect a long wait time and then the person who does answer the phone to read something from a script telling you that it is against TOS to use 3rd party programs blah blah blah.
You can always try live chat but thats also another useless step which will only add to your frustration. SE really has the worse customer service I have ever dealt with and there is nothing we can do about it.. Stop playing? yea like we gonna do that.
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-11 16:52:52  
Omeed said:
Honestly dude... it's pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to ask a GM this question.

[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-11 16:54:50  
Korpg said:
Omeed said:

[+]
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 17:22:25

Sectumsempra said:
No, what he ought to have done though was offer some sort of advice on not using windower and connecting to XI.
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2009-05-11 17:23:27  
i dont even understand why you even called a GM about this. Just use the unnoficial windower from windower.net

use the tparty plugin. distance and chatmon should you feel it neccicary. Its NOT a big deal.
[+]
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 17:26:57

Xellith said:
i dont even understand why you even called a GM about this. Just use the unnoficial windower from windower.net

use the tparty plugin. distance and chatmon should you feel it neccicary. Its NOT a big deal.

That's the one that worked for my friend and got him on today.
 Caitsith.Shinsama
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Shinsama 2009-05-11 17:28:09  
Sectumsempra said:
No, what he ought to have done though was offer some sort of advice on not playing FFXI.

fixed
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-11 17:32:10

Shinsama said:
Sectumsempra said:
No, what he ought to have done though was offer some sort of advice on not playing FFXI.

fixed

Indeed, but if he did he would have to go suck a *** in order to keep his mouth full with something to chew on.
Edit: or else he would have nothing to fill his virtual tummy....