Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 785 786 787 ... 843 844 845
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-29 21:56:47  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
has anyone covered job/Subjob tier lists following the increase of SJ caps, due to MLs?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56350/mastery-level-sub-job-traitspriorities/
[+]
 Bismarck.Zerothehero
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zerothehero 2023-04-29 22:00:06  
Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
Depends where you are starting from, but sparks gear if you are 99 and then move to 119 Bayld gear as soon as you get to Adoulin and generate some Bayld.

After that it becomes the AF/Relic/Empy +/1/2/3 grind.
A lot of my gear is 119 already, I've got thf and dnc with Izhiikoh/Izepam so I'm guessing my next step is AF +3? Do most of the best pieces come from AF, or is it highly dependent on class?
 Ragnarok.Primex
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-04-30 00:34:50  
I'm experiencing a mix of dunning Kruger, nostalgia and oversimplification.
I seriously underestimated the time sink required to get back into tip-top shape FFXI wise.

Weapons:
- Farming Empy weapons isn't turning out to be as easy as I thought. Completely forgot about atmas, conflux's, needing cruor to get it all done, lights...
-Mythics: Captain rank. Painful
-Aeonics: I forgot about unity and the beads 50k requirements.
-WS's: forgot about unlocking WS's. memory is so bad I forgot Asuran Fists was quested. Spent a few minutes changing job in MH to see if my ws list updated because my H2H capped but no Asuran Fists. Absolute muppet moment. Even bothered the people in my social LS, which is comprised of some first-timer FFXI players in their first 3 months. Same players had to educate me on WS quests

Gearing:
AF
uffffff... the coffer keys and chests..

Skills: I am too high to be able to skill up on crabs. they die after 2-3 hits. Too low to survive the attacks from anything that will love long enough. So I've resorted to skilling up on Absolute Virtue and some jailers. I cant afford, (gil or patience) to use sparks for books or buy them off AH. there's just too many skills across 3 characters and all their jobs to take that route

Quests:
Adoulin.. omg.. impropturs..nooooooo. How did I forget about this? Omg someone kill me. It will be a year until I get my RUN and GEO mythics...
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-04-30 00:41:19  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Skills: I am too high to be able to skill up on crabs. they die after 2-3 hits. Too low to survive the attacks from anything that will love long enough. So I've resorted to skilling up on Absolute Virtue and some jailers. I cant afford, (gil or patience) to use sparks for books or buy them off AH. there's just too many skills across 3 characters and all their jobs to take that route

Quests:
Adoulin.. Omg someone kill me.

The snails just outside Adoulin in Ceizak are really good for skilling up! (they regen if you use low lvl weapon), and you just need Koru for Haste 2, and healer that doesn't attack (Kupipi or Yoran)

*yes can afk it

And yeah Adoulin is a ***.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-04-30 03:39:37  
I'm assuming weatherspoon and Shlongdick rings are still the only ones really worth it for adoulin rewards? I see a ***ton of dual wield+ gear everywhere I check, and pretty sure I saw some better options out there for MAB/Magic based ws's than Adoulin ring. or am i totally wrong?
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-04-30 03:59:55  
Blazed1979 said: »
I'm assuming weatherspoon and Shlongdick rings are still the only ones really worth it for adoulin rewards? I see a ***ton of dual wield+ gear everywhere I check, and pretty sure I saw some better options out there for MAB/Magic based ws's than Adoulin ring. or am i totally wrong?
I think the general consensus is Schneddick, Karieyh, Weatherspoon.

I use Karieyh for the WSD because the only jobs I play have 18% movement speed already. And Weatherspoon users use it for Trueflight.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-04-30 05:28:26  
I ended picking weatherspoon because i feel like the fast cast portion of it tilted the scale.

The other would be vocane but i guess there are similar options to that slot
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-04-30 12:32:34  
Hey does the Weaponskill Damage +% on Iztaasu+2 and Hgafircian +2 augments transfer to mainhand WS damage?

I got these out of the RoE objectives on my way to get Alluvion Skirmish weapons, and never saw those augments before, and they don't seem to be listed on the BG Wiki augment page.

But I've got Weaponskill Damage +10% on both and wondered.

Also got a Beatific Shield with Shield Mastery+1 and Phys/Mag damage -4% augs. (The MDT seems like overkill, this shield doesn't break the cap like Aegis, right? So what, I'm capping MDT with Shell IV and no other gear or soemthign?)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-30 12:43:11  
Any generic WSD+ should work regardless.

Easy test if you're unsure is do Spirits Within with and without it in the offhand/ranged slots

Beatific doesn't overcap, but allows you to cap with just Shell (3/4/5) and no other gear, yeah. It's about options.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2023-04-30 18:11:53  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Hey does the Weaponskill Damage +% on Iztaasu+2 and Hgafircian +2 augments transfer to mainhand WS damage?

I got these out of the RoE objectives on my way to get Alluvion Skirmish weapons, and never saw those augments before, and they don't seem to be listed on the BG Wiki augment page.

Also got a Beatific Shield with Shield Mastery+1 and Phys/Mag damage -4% augs. (The MDT seems like overkill, this shield doesn't break the cap like Aegis, right? So what, I'm capping MDT with Shell IV and no other gear or soemthign?)

What stone were you using?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-04-30 19:15:47  
Asura.Buffyslyph said: »

What stone were you using?
Wailing Stone +2? The only one that can be used on +2 Skirmish weapons? :o

Haven't gotten to Alluvion ones yet.
By gistofanything 2023-04-30 19:43:45  

How has your playthrough gone so far? I'm doing a bit of housekeeping solo myself and not sure if I should raise another job better suited to it.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-04-30 21:06:49  
gistofanything said: »

How has your playthrough gone so far? I'm doing a bit of housekeeping solo myself and not sure if I should raise another job better suited to it.
It's going steady. I've slowed down a lot due to work and life and Provenance Watcher, but I'm moseying along. It's actually been quite a restrictive playthrough progression wise due to wanting to record all major CSes and activities related to storylines.

I gotta focus on making gil soon, because I haven't been doing many things that bring it about. Haven't capped sparks/accolades in quite a while, and also accidentally bought the wrong items with accolades wasting them the other day.

I'm sitting on three +1 sets of Ambu gear almost, and my LP character has actually overtaken Vyre in terms of modern day gearing (I basically never set down and did ambu on Vyre ever, just finished SoA and Rhapsodies).

I did pretty much everything level 75 era on RDM with a few exceptions where high DD power was more necessary. Solo'd olde Nyzul and Arrapago Remnants as a 75 RDM. All Sky Gods, except Kirin who I got a friend to OHKO. Got her help with old Dynamises too.

After all the 75 era stuff, I did WoTG at 75 as well all the way to completion.

After breaking the level cap I did Abyssea and Voidwatch on Warrior in Bayld gear, meat heading as much of it as possible.

It's been fun. I just wish it didn't slow down, hehe. I want to level all of the jobs to 99 and unlock every Empyrean WS(I have 2 so far). I want to record all of SoA and Rhapsodies and VR when I get there.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-01 12:44:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Any generic WSD+ should work regardless.

Easy test if you're unsure is do Spirits Within with and without it in the offhand/ranged slots

Beatific doesn't overcap, but allows you to cap with just Shell (3/4/5) and no other gear, yeah. It's about options.
Turns out the WSD only works in the mainhand for the sword at least. :(

Can't test gun until I get COR or RNG up.
 Ragnarok.Primex
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-01 13:13:25  
I lasted a month trying to do 1-75 and all content organically. As soon as Ridill and Dring dropped I was like ok time to move on and pay some mercs to make sure my rl does not fall apart.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-01 17:21:31  
For the "Peculiar Foes" (Roe #4 to get Silver Aman Vouchers) does anybody have a list with the ones which are really, and I mean REALLY, fast to get to?

I did them all once, and I remember some were very close to some warps/something, while others took a bit more to get to the correct ??? spot.
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-05-01 17:31:38  
Asura.Sechs said: »
For the "Peculiar Foes" (Roe #4 to get Silver Aman Vouchers) does anybody have a list with the ones which are really, and I mean REALLY, fast to get to?

Very close to a Home Point or Survival Guide:
V (Palborough)
VIII (Reisenjima)
X (Batallia Downs)
XI (Quifim Island)
XIV (Newton Movopolis)
XV (Xarcabard)

A short run / mount:
IV (Beaucedine Glacier)
VI (Aydeewa Subterrane)
VII (Arrapago Reef)
IX (Western Altepa Desert)
XII (Kamihr Drifts)
XIII (Rala Waterways)

Requires a long trip or multiple zone transitions:
I (Wajaom Woodlands)
II (Mount Zhayolm)
III (Caedarva Mire)

The first three are the longest by far. I and VI can be done from the same Survival Guide (Aydeewa) but will require doubling back to get both. II requires the key to open the gate (and the Staging Point) and is still a long ride. III requires multiple warps from the Staging Point through to the specific Caedarva area.
[+]
By Homsar 2023-05-01 17:33:47  
Ragnarok.Vargasfinio said: »

Very close to a Home Point or Survival Guide:
V (Palborough)
VIII (Reisenjima)
X (Batallia Downs)
XI (Quifim Island)
XIV (Newton Movopolis)
XV (Xarcabard)

A short run / mount:
IV (Beaucedine Glacier)
VI (Aydeewa Subterrane)
VII (Arrapago Reef)
IX (Western Altepa Desert)
XII (Kamihr Drifts)
XIII (Rala Waterways)

Requires a long trip or multiple zone transitions:
I (Wajaom Woodlands)
II (Mount Zhayolm)
III (Caedarva Mire)

The first three are the longest by far. I and VI can be done from the same Survival Guide (Aydeewa) but will require doubling back to get both. II requires the key to open the gate (and the Staging Point) and is still a long ride. III requires multiple warps from the Staging Point through to the specific Caedarva area.

Caedarva can be moved to Short Run/Mount category using Unity Warp.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-05-01 17:34:47  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Records_of_Eminence#RoE_Quests_4
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-05-01 17:36:39  
Homsar said: »
Caedarva can be moved to Short Run/Mount category using Unity Warp.

True - my list is HP or Guides only. If you are willing to drop Unity points a few of them are closer.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-05-01 17:37:29  

I did them all once, and I remember some were very close to some warps/something, while others took a bit more to get to the correct ??? spot.

Qufim Island (HP)
Palborough Mines (HP)
Movalpolos (HP)
Battalia Downs (Upper Jeuno HP > quick run outside)
Reisenjima #9 (dimensional ring or teleport)
Arrapago Reef (survival guide in Caedarva > zone in)
Xarcabard (HP to castle keep, escape)
Caedarva Mire (Unity warp & quick mount run)
Kamhir Drifts (waypoint to Rakaznar and zone out)
Rala Waterways (down the ramp from wildskeeper reive KI NPC and a short walk inside)

Your definition of quick may vary.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-01 18:10:53  
My take is pretty similar to the above, but my thinking is to group them into the following catagories:

1. The absolute easiest ones to get to. Near a HP with no additional zoning:
  • V - Palborough Mines (G-10), very close to the HP crystal

• XI - Qufim Island (G-8), very close to the HP crystal

• XIV - Newton Movalpolos (L-9), very close to the HP crystal

2. Easy ones to HP then zone once and have a short run, or VIII being in a zone people are frequently in anyway.
  • VIII - Reisenjima at Ethereal Ingress #9. I almost always get this one because it's especially easy if you are in Reisenjima for any other reason (Omen, Geas Fete, Domain Invasion, etc)

• IX - Western Altepa (I-6), zone out from Rabao and it's a short run. Alternately, Survival Guide warp to Kuftal Tunnel and zone out to Altep for a short run.

• X - Batallia Downs (J-7), zone out from Upper Jeuno then a short run to J-7

• XIII - Rala Waterways - enter from Eastern Adoulin F-7 then a short run to N-5

3) Pretty easy, close to another teleport/warp method besides HP crystals and then requires zoning and/or a fairly short run. Can be a little more annoying with additional zoning to get to a place where you can use the related teleport method. I tend to skip these sometimes, but they're good if you want to snag an extra Silver Voucher or two.
  • IV - Beaucedine Glacier (K-6) - Unity warp to Fei'Yin, then zone out to Glacier and it's a short run

• VI - Aydeewa Subterrane (E-7, map 2) - Not that far from the Survival Guide to Aydeewa, but a little running required

• VII - Arrapago Reef (H-6, map 3) - Survival Guide to Caedarva Mire right next to the zone into Arrapago, zone then it's a short run.

• XII - Kamihr Drifts (F-8) - Use Adoulin waypoint to the Outer Ra'Kaznar enigmatic device, zone out to Kamihr then it's a short run

• XV - Xarcabard (D-8) - Survival Guide to Castle Zvahl (near the relic trade goblin), zone out to Xarcabard then it's a short run

4) I II III are basically the same as the previous category in that they are not very far from a non-HP teleportation method. Calling them out specially since they're at notable locations next to the salt tablets to access ZNM tier IV fights (and near a 135 UNM spot). I tend to do these if I happen to be there for ZNM/UNM fights.
  • I - Wajaom Woodlands (H-13) - Unity Warp Wajaom

• II - Mount Zhayolm (I-10) - VW teleportation to Zhayolm

• III - Caedarva Mire (I-6, Map 4/Hediva Isle) - Unity Warp

In the end, you're probably gonna get ka-thwacked anyway. Have fun!
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-01 18:26:03  
For Omen bosses - the second drop slot is guaranteed regardless of Treasure Hunter, right? Just wanting to confirm my understanding that it breaks down like:

Slot 1: 1 Scale (100%)
Slot 2: 2nd Scale or a boss item (100% unless everyone in party has the item that was rolled, for example an Utu Grip from Kin)
Slot 3: Craft material (100%)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-01 21:14:00  
Do one handed weapons with Magic Damage+ give you the Magic Damage+ from the offhand?
By gistofanything 2023-05-02 11:23:41  
Is the prismatic chest worth shuffling around moglifications for?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-02 11:27:22  
gistofanything said: »
Is the prismatic chest worth shuffling around moglifications for?

Yeah. Furniture is pointless, you shouldn't have any in the first place. Put everything except the box on floor 2 and you can keep it all.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-05-02 12:41:28  
Do one handed weapons with Magic Damage+ give you the Magic Damage+ from the offhand?
They should.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-02 12:46:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yeah. Furniture is pointless, you shouldn't have any in the first place. Put everything except the box on floor 2 and you can keep it all.

Need some asterisks on this. Furniture is also used for:
Mega Moglification
CP bonus
Probably other ***, IDK

So it's not entirely useless and some people will need to bounce back/forth between different mog house setups to get their desired moghancement for the current content they're doing. You won't want to have moghancement: AMAN Trove while you're crafting or CPing, you'll find yourself quite disappointed with your results.
[+]
By gistofanything 2023-05-02 19:10:56  
There's no real point in getting into crafting on Asura right since everyone's already botted it all up?
By Pantafernando 2023-05-02 19:35:54  
if you like something dont let the others decide if you do something or not.

Now, if you want to craft solely for cash, probably you can earn more money with less effort/investment
First Page 2 3 ... 785 786 787 ... 843 844 845