Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 786 787 788 ... 837 838 839
By gistofanything 2023-05-02 20:18:11  
Pantafernando said: »
if you like something dont let the others decide if you do something or not.

Now, if you want to craft solely for cash, probably you can earn more money with less effort/investment
Yeah, I'm just debating between orvail and weatherspoon rings now that I've finally finished adoulin (just rov left now!). there is no other ring like orvail, but i don't really see me crafting seriously with a shield and all unless i get rank 1 bonanza shield :^)
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-02 20:19:40  
Crafting rings are for mules (or boxes). It's not something you care about on a main.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-02 20:29:13  
I mean, that's just like...your opinion, man.

I have Orvail+1 ring on both of my characters
[+]
By gistofanything 2023-05-02 21:51:09  
Now that I've actually done all the storylines before rov all the way through, does the storyline play out any differently acknowledging the completion? Or is it more just >you don't have to go do these random expansion missions to progress
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-02 22:07:01  
It doesn't alter anything, don't screw up and go too far on cop/rotz cause you'll get forced into finishing them fully
[+]
By Blazed1979 2023-05-02 22:19:33  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It doesn't alter anything, don't screw up and go too far on cop/rotz cause you'll get forced into finishing them fully
this would have been good to know a few days ago.
Also what's the policy on those ML PL pts?
I paid gil for a PL and 10 mins later entire PT seems to have gotten banned lol
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-04 00:47:41  
Is the Count's Garb a fairly good nuking multi-job nuking body?

I got it today running AMAN Trove cause I was felt like it. I also got a Sacro Bulwark.

I really know jack crap about gearing in this era, other than the +2/+3 AF is really damn good and Ambuscade +2 is the starting point of modern era.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-04 02:42:47  
Count garb probably wouldnt be mentioned not even in the top 10 or even 20 in its slot.

Its one of the pieces you would only use if its strictly better than other pieces you have atm
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2023-05-04 06:44:15  
Blazed1979 said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
this would have been good to know a few days ago.

owned lol
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-05-04 10:31:19  
Blazed1979 said: »
Contact SE support and they can return the gil.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-04 15:20:32  
Pantafernando said: »
Count garb probably wouldnt be mentioned not even in the top 10 or even 20 in its slot.

Its one of the pieces you would only use if its strictly better than other pieces you have atm
Are you sure Panta, cause it's like 30 MAB, 15 Magic crit rate, and increases magic crit damage too?

Like I know the Ambu bod has 40 MAB, but I see in guides and stuff low end nuking stuff having less MAB than Count's Garb so I'm just thinking maybe it's left out because it's only normally acquired via Vagary and is marginal increase/an inbetween mid/low end?

And it's on a lot of jobs, like almost all the mages PUP(lol) and RUN
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-04 15:23:11  
down ~20 INT, no macc, no magic damage+ either, no MBB

It's fine if you're doing garbage, and that job can't wear jhakri context matters.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-05-04 15:25:36  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Are you sure Panta, cause it's like 30 MAB, 15 Magic crit rate, and increases magic crit damage too?

Like I know the Ambu bod has 40 MAB, but I see in guides and stuff low end nuking stuff having less MAB than Count's Garb so I'm just thinking maybe it's left out because it's only normally acquired via Vagary and is marginal increase/an inbetween mid/low end?

Having 0 Magic Accuracy is not doing Count's Garb any favors. The Magic Crit stuff is nice, but not something you can effectively build around. This is something you would wear if you have just about nothing else to put in the slot.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-04 16:42:49  
Asura.Hya said: »

Having 0 Magic Accuracy is not doing Count's Garb any favors. The Magic Crit stuff is nice, but not something you can effectively build around. This is something you would wear if you have just about nothing else to put in the slot.
Yeah, the lack of magic accuracy was something I noticed.

It's just that it's only 12 INT down, has the crit stuff, and 7% haste for recast. I guess recast isn't all that important, just that the Ambu stuff has fairly low haste values on otherwise stellar pieces.
By Nariont 2023-05-04 17:05:59  
Assuming you're talking jhakri the haste will have to be off-set with haste on cape until you get better pieces that tend to also have slightly higher haste, belt's another option if you're not making use of an obi/have a good nuke belt

The magic crit is okay but it won't amount to a whole lot since that's a 15% chance to get 10 more mab, crit dmg turns that into 20, 12 INT is quite a hit as well as 10 less MAB when critical's don't occur ontop of 0 macc and the macc that int provides.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-04 19:01:42  
It's just that it's only 12 INT down, has the crit stuff, and 7% haste for recast. I guess recast isn't all that important, just that the Ambu stuff has fairly low haste values on otherwise stellar pieces.

Yeah, Jhakri set is pretty good Macc/MAB. Macc is very important to reduce resists; much like melee gearing is usually about trying to reach acceptable baseline accuracy as your priority before focusing on boosting attack.

Haste is nice for nuke purposes for the recast reduction, but if you're working your way toward more endgame quality armor I'd say Jhakri's Macc/MAB is more important and would be worth using. Can try to make up haste elsewhere, such as the JSE capes or various accessories (Hasty Pinion ammo, some belts - Tempus Fugit is great for a ton of haste for jobs that can equip it).

Do you happen to have access to Odyssey armor rewards, from beating the Vengeance 0 (starting difficulty) or higher versions of the Sheol Gaol NMs? Because that provides very good all jobs/multiple job armor. The Nyame set is all jobs gear that is solid all around. Macc+40 MAB+30 per piece and good INT, plus Magic Burst Damage on every piece (Magic Burst Damage +28% from 5/5, getting you close to the 40% cap). Also a fantastic DT- set with solid melee acc/atk, and can be augmented as you get more into Odyssey (most players following the B path for very strong WS gear). The "mage job" Odyssey sets of Bunzi (WHM RDM BRD SMN) and Agwu's (BLM SCH GEO RUN) also have good nuking stats - better than Nyame. But obviously that's not all jobs on one piece.

Otherwise, yeah, generally all of the mage jobs' reforged Empyrean +2 armor set have good nuking stats. Piece by piece, some of the AF or Relic pieces may be better. For BLM RDM GEO, the Ea set (Su3 crafted armor, requires 500 job points on that job to equip it) is another very good multi-job set and still very viable endgame quality gear.
[+]
By gistofanything 2023-05-04 21:09:54  
What would be the quickest way to get my WHM ready for omen/n ambu from basically 0?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-04 21:17:16  
Being naked is sufficient for that.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-05 01:47:31  
Being better than average trust probably
By Pantafernando 2023-05-05 01:47:53  
Though you never gonna be better than Apururu.

She is in another league
By Dodik 2023-05-05 05:29:29  
gistofanything said: »
What would be the quickest way to get my WHM ready for omen/n ambu from basically 0?

Empy legs +1, decent fast cast and cure potency sets, sch sub and you're set. Embla sash from DI and cure potency/cast time accessories from UNM are easy to get too.
By Blazed1979 2023-05-05 07:51:30  
Nyame for COR and RNG - WS DMG% path or MAB/MATK path?
I imagine magic ws's still do fu dmg when in the niche situations they're relevant? or amiwrong?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-05 15:46:49  
For each of COR and RNG, the B path WSD approach is better for both jobs just because it covers so many other good WS. Savage Blade, Last Stand, Coronach, Jishnu, etc. Even if magic path is competitive for Leaden/TF/WF, can't really go wrong with WSD path.

And of course, helps on pretty much all other jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-06 06:48:28  
When do we get new Ambuscade/hallmarks reset etc?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-06 06:49:31  
Part 1: Wednesday, May 10
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-06 15:22:55  
Do your total hallmarks for Ambu reset if you swap servers?
By Dodik 2023-05-06 18:06:20  

No, all points are retained for any event. But anything on the AH or unclaimed in delivery boxes, either sent or received, will be lost.
 Cerberus.Stereo
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Stereo 2023-05-06 18:29:26  
Dodik said: »

No, all points are retained for any event. But anything on the AH or unclaimed in delivery boxes, either sent or received, will be lost.
I don't remember that... am I getting old, or still just gullible?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-05-07 03:22:53  
Is there a player equippable shield using the same model as Lhu Mhakaracca's?
First Page 2 3 ... 786 787 788 ... 837 838 839