Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 753 754 755 ... 834 835 836
By Viciouss 2022-09-20 19:32:05  
thanks
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-09-21 16:57:37  
Is there any particular campaign when you should use up your SP Gobbie Keys? I swear I remember at least one campaign where the gobbie keys would have a better chance of spitting out equipment. That can be a thing, right?
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-21 17:17:41  
No, SP keys are always the same. You're probably thinking of the campaigns that make the 50 point box give the same quality as SP keys.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-09-21 17:22:25  
What's the best route for Ancient Beastcoins? IIRC, it was either Western Temenos or NW Apollyon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-09-21 22:07:43  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
What's the best route for Ancient Beastcoins? IIRC, it was either Western Temenos or NW Apollyon.

I always remember doing NW Apollyon.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-09-22 08:51:46  
NW and NE apollyon are both pretty quick and provide generous amount of beastcoins, i wouldn't count on any temenos beating them (though the metal chip one might, if you get the chip for free from another run)

NW was popular at 75 because you could solo/duo it easily, but I believe NE gives slightly more coins and is trivial nowadays
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-22 09:41:07  
Eastern Temenos is ~75 coins per 10 minute run (trade in the scarlet chip for another 5). No need to take any time chests anymore, so it is pretty good.
[+]
By Mrcricket 2022-09-22 15:07:08  
On the topic of trusts, I was chatting with some people about Naja UC the other day and how to try and make use of her unique weaponskills Peacebreaker (Reverb/Distortion) and Justicebreaker (Grav/Darkness), both with additional effect of -50% def and -50% mdef

On the plus side, Naja will only use one weaponskill depending on what she's equipped with when summoned, so she can be cycled out until you've locked in the one you want. On the down side, the main thing holding her back is the accuracy of the additional effect from the weaponskills landing

So we were trying to brainstorm a bit to think of all the ways to try and make it more reliable:

- summon her in a party of 5 so she's at level 124 with more macc
- make sure she's haste capped and SAM roll to WS frequently (she has a base of 200 TP/hit)
- Frazzle III, Langour, Focus, appropriate threnody (This thread from 2017 has a post referencing BLUs Enervation spell which "is dark resist but the mdb down is thunder and the def down is wind." No clue how accurate that is but could be relevant?)
- Marine stewpot

I'm not really sure which of these things would work, but I do know that anyone with a hybrid WS would love that -50% def and mdef. Not sure how it stacks with / overwrites other def down effects, for that matter. But if it were possible to get her to like a 50% or even 33% land rate, I feel like she'd be contributing more than a lot of people I've played with lol
By zithro 2022-09-24 08:03:00  
Topic: giltracker

Can someone please tell me the code for moving the giltracker plug-in? I’ve tried everything except what works haha. Help!!
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2022-09-24 11:20:02  
Is there any way to stop avatars from attacking mobs when summoned when the summoner has hate? Super annoying during Odyssey NM when pets wake up slept adds.
By AegParm 2022-09-24 12:44:24  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Is there any particular campaign when you should use up your SP Gobbie Keys? I swear I remember at least one campaign where the gobbie keys would have a better chance of spitting out equipment. That can be a thing, right?

Valefor.Esdain said: »

Adoulin dial gives a better chance at equipment from SP dial, and keys are just a cost free roll of the SP dial aren't they? They count for the deeds objective.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-24 13:35:32  
Normal:
SP Dial = Normal Pool
SP Keys = Good Pool

During Campaign:
SP Dial = Good Pool
SP Keys = Good Pool
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2022-09-25 13:14:33  
Does the Relic 2x damage proc work on Retaliate?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-25 16:35:18  
I see this happen too, if I put on a pile of buffs and level sync, the game totally freezes (0 fps) for a second while it updates those icons.

The only kind of thing I can think of is lowering the demand on the hardware/upgrading? dgvoodoo? generic icons instead of xiview?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-25 21:31:03  
Did the locus mobs kill CN cleaving?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-25 21:46:12  
Asura.Bynebill said: »
Did the locus mobs kill CN cleaving?

No. It's completely the same, you just sleep the locus.

More effort.

Or maybe round them up with a second invulnerable pld and hold them the entire time.
By SimonSes 2022-09-26 04:23:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
No. It's completely the same, you just sleep the locus.

It's not completely the same. You kill much less Apex and need to hold Locus. You can also in theory have people be angry at you for holding Locus and not killing them (possibly report you?), unless you will agree they can just take them off you and kill them on your spot, but it might be a problem if there is a language barrier.
 Asura.Woulfwood
By Asura.Woulfwood 2022-09-29 20:23:37  
I'm looking for one of those interviews with FFXI team with the question about something related to someone paying them millions of money to remake the game. If I remember correctly, they said they would gladly do that. Does anyone have that source?
 Siren.Affliction
サーバ: Siren
user: JBrysch
By Siren.Affliction 2022-09-30 23:00:17  
Is there a chat filter that will allow me to see when other player's enemy targetted debuffs drop?

things like paralysis wearing off on an enemy that was originally cast by another player
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-01 06:00:53  
Siren.Affliction said: »
Is there a chat filter that will allow me to see when other player's enemy targetted debuffs drop?

things like paralysis wearing off on an enemy that was originally cast by another player

Nope, you aren't sent that information.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2022-10-01 07:19:19  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
When Monberaux does Mix: Samson's Strength or a SMN does Fenrir's Ecliptic Growl, either all those buff icons going up or down at the same time lags the crap out of me to the point I think my game is going to freeze.

The acuex in Sortie also have that TP move that gives you all the buffs down, has the same lag effect.

Is it possible to remedy this at all? I know others who say this happens to them as well.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
if I put on a pile of buffs and level sync, the game totally freezes (0 fps) for a second while it updates those icons

This is not the game, this is whatever gearswap suite you're using that chokes at being sent a dozen buff updates at the same time, and processing each one individually. GS does some pretty intensive calculations each time it's triggered, and the issue is compounded by some gearswap suites being written absolutely atrociously. Many bots will also cause the same thing, especially lua bots.

Unload gearswap completely and you'll see how it stops happening almost completely.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-01 07:47:28  
I don't even use gearswap 99% of the time and when I do it's extremely barebones. Like 20 lines total.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-04 10:30:07  
I've seen people using some kind of software to figure out file paths so they can add them to the Altana Viewer list. Does anybody know what that software is?

Alternatively, what's the file path for the blue jeans on each race? I want to swap them to something else because they're hideous and have a negative impact on my enjoyment of the game lol
By RadialArcana 2022-10-04 10:40:32  
There isn't any program as such, just altanaview and adding ranges in one of the csv files and scanning through.

374/55.dat hm
374/60.dat hf
374/65.dat em
374/70.dat ef
374/75.dar tr
374/80.dat mt
374/85.dat gl
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-04 10:41:21  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I've seen people using some kind of software to figure out file paths so they can add them to the Altana Viewer list. Does anybody know what that software is?

datseeker for ashita4 can do this:

i'm sure there are other options, but it's pretty easy to use if you have access to the items you're looking for
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-04 10:47:12  
ROM\374\80.DAT - mithra
ROM\374\85.DAT - galka

fair guess the others are in the same area
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-10-07 15:23:25  
Is there a shortcut of any kind to the Spires in Promyvion?
First Page 2 3 ... 753 754 755 ... 834 835 836