Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 754 755 756 ... 837 838 839
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 15:24:07  
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Is there a shortcut of any kind to the Spires in Promyvion?

Maintenance mode lol
 Lakshmi.Stepth
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-10-07 15:46:49  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Is there a shortcut of any kind to the Spires in Promyvion?

Maintenance mode lol

Bummer! Thanks.
By Tathamet 2022-10-11 12:40:38  
Are the Esthete pieces from later VR missions storable? If so, which slip?

Gonna store them on the floor otherwise.

<3
By Dunbar 2022-10-12 07:00:07  
Does master level impact trust level?
By RadialArcana 2022-10-12 07:11:12  
I checked HP/MP values at least between Mlevel 10 and none and it was the same.

Biggest boosts you can give trusts is pet rearing cheers.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-12 08:39:42  
Well, biggest boost is the quests that raise their level. Cheers also help, though.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-13 08:58:58  
Can anything be done with NQ Ambuscade armor if you've also acquired the +1 of the same piece?
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-10-13 09:37:58  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Can anything be done with NQ Ambuscade armor if you've also acquired the +1 of the same piece?

Nope, just toss it.

You can upgrade NQ to +1, but that's not too worthwhile when you can just buy +1 outright.
[+]
By Aranai 2022-10-14 03:02:07  
Has anyone ever figured out if Resist All Status Ailments stacks additively with specific Resist Status gear/traits, or if it's a separate term?
By Rips 2022-10-14 03:18:22  
I'm seeing JP Bots farm/sell in REMA these days.

Are they getting more competitive, outright ballsy, or the bans really have taken a step back to that degree?

Full on bard rema going down with carn / dardaubla is big *** I-don't-give-a-*** energy to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-14 05:50:53  
bans are straight up not happening. They don't give a ***.

1/1/2022 - 1/31/2022 3,222 Approx. 18.9 billion
2/1/2022 - 2/28/2022 2,172 Approx. 16.5 billion
3/1/2022 - 3/31/2022 1,823 Approx. 11.7 billion
4/1/2022 - 4/30/2022 1,073 Approx. 17.7 billion
5/1/2022 - 5/31/2022 1,673 Approx. 18.6 billion
6/1/2022 - 6/30/2022 1,038 Approx. 10.4 billion
7/1/2022 - 7/31/2022 1,182 Approx. 10.7 billion
8/1/2022 - 8/31/2022 988 Approx. 14.8 billion
9/1/2022 - 9/30/2022 805 Approx. 10.3 billion

The galka bots alone should account for more than 800 bans, but they are clearly not banning anyone.

They have full on stopped manually reviewing reports and solely rely on pos hacking for bans now. (automated) I can't even be sure if the shout bots are getting banned anymore. They change names, but as often as they do feels like 805 bans is too low for them to be changing them due to needing new accounts.

805 is 2 bans, per server, per day. That cannot be possible. There are so, so, so, so, so, so many more bots than that.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-10-14 07:39:59  
805 is 2 bans, per server, per day. That cannot be possible. I have more bots then that.
[+]
By Rips 2022-10-14 10:41:23  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
805 is 2 bans, per server, per day. That cannot be possible. I have more bots then that.

I wipe the sleep out of my eyes and do a double look lmao.

Okay. So they just feel secure then. Makes sense.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-14 10:51:59  
It's the same cycle everytime.

They do a big show of bans, they taper off, they stop, people start getting bolder and feel invincible, the bots out number the players, big ban, no bans, emboldened, excessive, repeat.

They're about a year past due on starting the new cycle lol. So they just get more and more and more brazen.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-14 11:23:54  
On Lakshmi, every week change (and kind of just all the time) a bunch of keyboard smash mules pos hack between the spark and accolade NPCs, which is frankly rude considering they are next to each other.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-14 11:35:18  
Waypoints > Tab over and run 4 yalms
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-10-14 11:38:10  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
On Lakshmi, every week change (and kind of just all the time) a bunch of keyboard smash mules pos hack between the spark and accolade NPCs, which is frankly rude considering they are next to each other.

I always assumed they were your mules...

Speaking of Sparks/Accolades, my mule has a prize powder price of 100 gil while my main has 102. Both have capped fame and are rank 10 in Bastok, which is where I sell them.

Are there certain quests or other requirements other than fame to reach max NPC sell price?
By RadialArcana 2022-10-14 11:41:29  
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-14 11:41:52  

What's really *** rude is they stand ON TOP of the god damn npcs and it's irritating, having to actually hit F8 instead of just targeting the NPC.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-18 06:53:21  
Can you mix +1, +2 and +3 Empyrean pieces and still receive the set bonus?
Did anybody test this thoroughfully?
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-10-18 14:52:52  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Not Lycopodium Earring, but I farmed a few koggelmanders, mamool ja earrings, and ermine's tail back in the day. We used might + supreme might, speculating that higher level may enhance rewards(otherwise they're pretty pointless), and lost and found. The droprate was still pretty low. I don't think stillness from the wiki page does anything, pretty sure you need:
-family rune and great warrior rune to get the correct mob
-lost and found to enable drops
and anything else may or may not increase/decrease droprates proportional to how it alters difficulty, SE really didn't give us a lot of info and the content wasn't that popular

They actually updated this so that *not* setting Lost and Found dramatically increases drop rate now: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Byrth_/_Sandbox#Voucher_7:_Kill_a_NM

Unlimited supply of RR3 earrings.

I took Lost and Found off as suggested and got my drop in a couple days. Thank you very much again.
Going back to this, I'm using the following:

Plantoid
Great Warrior
Stillness
Supreme Might
Might
extra runes to increase the marble yield (not using Lost and Found)

Is this the right setup to farm Lycopodium Earring? I haven't seen any drop yet so I'm just wondering if I'm even using the right setup for it.
 Leviathan.Horadrius
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Horadrius
By Leviathan.Horadrius 2022-10-18 21:34:41  
How much accuracy is needed for King Ranperre's Locus Dire Bats?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-18 22:45:50  
Valefor.Philemon said: »
Not Lycopodium Earring, but I farmed a few koggelmanders, mamool ja earrings, and ermine's tail back in the day. We used might + supreme might, speculating that higher level may enhance rewards(otherwise they're pretty pointless), and lost and found. The droprate was still pretty low. I don't think stillness from the wiki page does anything, pretty sure you need:
and anything else may or may not increase/decrease droprates proportional to how it alters difficulty, SE really didn't give us a lot of info and the content wasn't that popular

They actually updated this so that *not* setting Lost and Found dramatically increases drop rate now: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Byrth_/_Sandbox#Voucher_7:_Kill_a_NM

I took Lost and Found off as suggested and got my drop in a couple days. Thank you very much again.

Plantoid
Great Warrior
Stillness
Supreme Might
Might

Is this the right setup to farm Lycopodium Earring? I haven't seen any drop yet so I'm just wondering if I'm even using the right setup for it.

That should be a fine setup. I was honestly going like 1/3 on some kind of rquipment when doing it with roughly that setup.
By Schwertzauberer 2022-10-18 22:57:46  
Quote:
Speaking of Sparks/Accolades, my mule has a prize powder price of 100 gil while my main has 102. Both have capped fame and are rank 10 in Bastok, which is where I sell them.

Are there certain quests or other requirements other than fame to reach max NPC sell price?

I have the same question. My character's prices are just lower than my wife's. Same fame, Mission Ranks, etc. In Sandy instead of Bastok though.
 Bahamut.Galakar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-10-19 00:23:12  
Are you 100% certain that your fame in Sandy is the same as yours wife in Bastok?
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-10-19 00:39:55  

Plantoid
Great Warrior
Stillness
Supreme Might
Might

That should be a fine setup. I was honestly going like 1/3 on some kind of rquipment when doing it with roughly that setup.
Thanks I was looking at your references for mamool ja earring, but for lycopodium earring I think I'm nearing something like 0/50 with this setup. Hopefully it'll turn around soon.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-19 04:58:24  
Thanks I was looking at your references for mamool ja earring, but for lycopodium earring I think I'm nearing something like 0/50 with this setup. Hopefully it'll turn around soon.

If you have seen two equipment with that setup and lycopodium earring wasn't one of them, then maybe my map is wrong. I think I still have one on my mule, though, so it seems unlikely to me.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-19 14:10:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Can you mix +1, +2 and +3 Empyrean pieces and still receive the set bonus?
Did anybody test this thoroughfully?
I answer my own question.
Just tried BRD set with 4x +1 pieces and 1x +2 pieces. Still receive the stat+5 bonus as I did with 5x +1 pieces.
Safe to assume combinations with +3 pieces work alike.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-19 20:55:47  
Does Counter work against Naakuals? I feel like I've never seen it activate, but I don't see anywhere that says it doesn't. But because a lot of their attacks are either AoE or knockback, I'm curious if maybe it's not just coincidence.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-19 21:15:10  
No. Their attacks are all technically tp moves, which is how they get the interesting and varied effects, so it cannot proc. Same as ironclad giants.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 754 755 756 ... 837 838 839