Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 744 745 746 ... 838 839 840
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-12 12:02:08  
Can anyone confirm they got Lycopodium Earring from either of the mobs listed and any advice on increasing drop rate? I'm using Lost and found with the configurations on old wiki and waiting for 6 cc points.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-12 12:04:43  
Not Lycopodium Earring, but I farmed a few koggelmanders, mamool ja earrings, and ermine's tail back in the day. We used might + supreme might, speculating that higher level may enhance rewards(otherwise they're pretty pointless), and lost and found. The droprate was still pretty low. I don't think stillness from the wiki page does anything, pretty sure you need:
-family rune and great warrior rune to get the correct mob
-lost and found to enable drops
and anything else may or may not increase/decrease droprates proportional to how it alters difficulty, SE really didn't give us a lot of info and the content wasn't that popular
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2022-07-12 16:50:44  
The drop rate is terrible on those things. It took me forever to get Lycopodium Sash.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Hopalong 2022-07-12 22:27:58  
On almost all new solos, there's a learning curve... so if you're attempting to solo it, be prepared to fail 2,3,5 times till you get it right.

With your 3 jobs and assuming well set up communication between your alts, you have a very high chance I'd say to win barring any mechanics someone here might chime in on.

Frankly, I got a tier zero win from a pup in my ls who was helping me cause it only took them 20min.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2022-07-13 08:22:02  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Would I be able to tribox Bumba V0 with something like BLU or SAM, BRD, and a COR or GEO? Then healer trusts.

Is this feasible?

I don’t have extra segments to afford to just try it.

If they're decently geared, then sure. It's largely just a no-SC zerg. He'll absorb particular elements (dust cloud animation shows which) and if too much will pop aura, fetters, etc. Or he can start doing that at ~4 min from engaging anyway.

So the typical thing is just to spam Savage Blade or whatever other WS that won't chain, and push to kill him within that 4 minutes. Avoids having to deal with the mechanics.
Several of the SPs he can use will cut into the time, but that's the main thing that might throw it off. Otherwise, fight from the side (to avoid Rending Blow dispel) and pull to where you can have your backs to a wall for knockback.

I've done it WAR/BRD/GEO and trusts for alt/LS unlocks with no issue.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-07-13 12:08:11  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
Any job I mentioned has best REMAs available and BiS gear not including odyssey gear obviously
Should be able to solo V0 on SAM then tbh
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-13 12:40:41  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Not Lycopodium Earring, but I farmed a few koggelmanders, mamool ja earrings, and ermine's tail back in the day. We used might + supreme might, speculating that higher level may enhance rewards(otherwise they're pretty pointless), and lost and found. The droprate was still pretty low. I don't think stillness from the wiki page does anything, pretty sure you need:
and anything else may or may not increase/decrease droprates proportional to how it alters difficulty, SE really didn't give us a lot of info and the content wasn't that popular

They actually updated this so that *not* setting Lost and Found dramatically increases drop rate now: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Byrth_/_Sandbox#Voucher_7:_Kill_a_NM

Unlimited supply of RR3 earrings.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-13 16:18:40  
Was there an announced update or were we all just idiots for using lost and found back in the day? Amazing information compilation there, did SE give a breakdown at some point or is that all accumulated from playtesting?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-14 03:39:04  
Can someone post bonanza numbers please? Traveling and can’t log in, but I’m curious to check my results (saved on a file in cloud storage lol). Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-14 03:53:45  
I noticed the other day that on my main I only have ONE marble instead of two.

It must have been a situation like the Moogle gave me an error and I didn't notice and that's it.

Kind of like when I go to get a new mars orb but I have the old one in my inventory, and I don't notice the error and go back to the BC zone with the old one.
Wonder if this ever happened to anybody else or if it's just me lol
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-07-14 04:23:01  
If you had a marble from previous bonanza you could only buy 1 on this last bonanza, instead of the 2 max. Have to drop the old marble and zone or log (thanks to Recycle bin) to buy your 2nd. Made my buying on mules take a lot longer lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-14 05:54:36  
Yeah I think that's what happened. Got the error message once because I had an old marble.
Dropped it without zoning, tried to get a second marble again, I got the error AGAIN but I didn't notice and that's it, lulz.
 Asura.Shantae
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Shantae 2022-07-14 13:45:41  
For Odyssey Gaol, if I am understanding the wiki correctly only the party leader's boss progression matters? i.e. I haven't cleared the second tier yet but I would be able to join a pug doing a third/fourth tier where they have access?
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-14 14:14:28  
Does MAB have any impact on a cure on undead?
By Hopalong 2022-07-15 00:37:24  
I suppose could test that on a low level undead. Might be easy using Curaga.
By Hopalong 2022-07-15 00:39:58  
Quote:
I haven't cleared the second tier yet but I would be able to join a pug doing a third/fourth tier where they have access?

Yep.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-15 07:03:35  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Shiva.Thorny said: »

They actually updated this so that *not* setting Lost and Found dramatically increases drop rate now: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Byrth_/_Sandbox#Voucher_7:_Kill_a_NM

Unlimited supply of RR3 earrings.

I took Lost and Found off as suggested and got my drop in a couple days. Thank you very much again.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-15 10:00:36  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Does MAB have any impact on a cure on undead?
While someone did already answer this I just wanted to note a few things. When cast on undead, cures basically become nukes that use MND rather than INT, and Healing skill rather than elemental skill.

And most factors that affect normal nukes apply. Mdmg, MAB, elemental affinity(lookin' at you Daybreak), etc. And they can magic burst, as was referenced in another reply.

It is worth noting however, that Cure potency ceases to apply, and won't increase the damage of cures cast on Undead. So you gear for MAB/MND/Affinity, etc instead.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 11:01:36  
Silly questions but are Cures cast on undead by a PLD with Majesty Up... AoE? I guess not but I'm curious.
Would be fun to try it on those few monsters who form a "party" on their own.
Not many of them, I can think of some Goblins and some Fomors and that's it I think?
Fomors are technically undead so it would be cool to see if they become AoE on them haha

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-15 11:39:22  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Silly questions but are Cures cast on undead by a PLD with Majesty Up... AoE? I guess not but I'm curious.
Would be fun to try it on those few monsters who form a "party" on their own.
Not many of them, I can think of some Goblins and some Fomors and that's it I think?
Fomors are technically undead so it would be cool to see if they become AoE on them haha
Hmm, that's an interesting question. But yeah, the primary limitation will probably be mobs that are actually in a "Party".

I can mess around with it later.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 16:24:19  
I can't think mobs in a party other than some fomors in phomiuna and sacrarium, and some goblin in Newton movalpolos but those aren't undead, so...

Fomors should be classified as undead though, I think?
Altough cures should still work on any enemy, don't they? They just will produce zero effect whereas they will do damage if the target is undead.
Unless I'm having one of my brain farts here?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-15 19:03:25  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I can't think mobs in a party other than some fomors in phomiuna and sacrarium, and some goblin in Newton movalpolos but those aren't undead, so...

Fomors should be classified as undead though, I think?
Altough cures should still work on any enemy, don't they? They just will produce zero effect whereas they will do damage if the target is undead.
Unless I'm having one of my brain farts here?
You can cast cure on any mob. It just has no effect, to the point of not even putting you on the hate list for the mob. You can't even pull mobs with it. Which is too bad really.

Also, about that Majesty test...

No effect, as these are not Undead, obviously, but they also definitely aren't in a party. So no mob party limitation either.

I'm gonna go AoE cure some Undead, lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2022-07-15 19:38:35  
A few notes on majesty cures vs undead.

Majesty AoE'd cures appear to be subject to a "number of targets" damage reduction just like AoE nukes. Laaaaame.

If you have a mixed group of Undead and regular mobs in range of each other, the majesty cure will only hit one of the mob types, Undead, or the other, based on your primary target. But not both. I can't think of any real practical application, but this could be used to pull only the undead mobs out of a mixed group.

Damage was rather underwhelming. 8.9k on trash level abyssea mobs, with Idris BoG+EA maliase, and indi-acumen. Oh, and Cruor buffs and a MAB atma. So.. really meh. no surprise there, really.

Still was interesting to see how this worked.
[+]
By Mieiki 2022-07-15 20:09:01  
Hey guys! Newbie here. I have 3 questions.

I've seen multiple - female - players with a... pink outfit. I tried Googling a bit trying to find the name of the set, but couldn't find anything somehow. To me, it looks like something a Dancer would wear, kinda, but it's not a Dancer specific set.
Edit: Here's a screenshot! v
Is there a way/addon to separate and move around buffs/debuffs on the screen?

What are the must-have items from the current Login Campaign? If there's any.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-15 20:23:24  
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26975/starlet-jabot
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 744 745 746 ... 838 839 840