Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 743 744 745 ... 834 835 836
 Lakshmi.Stepth
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-06-29 18:03:28  
Is there a difference in the drop rate of refractive crystals between different levels of UNMs? Looking to farm some.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-06-29 18:39:30  
I believe higher levels may drop more, in the same way they drop more plutons/etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-06-30 01:12:11  
What Byrth said, but even then the difference is not really that great. I could do 20 Sarama's and get zero crystals, and then 2 or 3 from a similar amount of Ayapecs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-30 04:27:42  
So much garbage drops from wanted battles

If the goal is strictly refractives I think spamming one of the 99 mobs will be best. You'll get 250 coffers and it'll have more overall than doing 66 119 0r 60 122. It's been a long *** time since I did 99k of ironhorn though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-06-30 05:58:18  
Dumb suggestion maybe but what I suggest if you're going for Refractive is picking a Wanted enemy that
1) you can kill fast and reliably
2) drops mats that sell well on AH

There's plenty of targets you can pick.
This way even if you don't get lotsa refractive crystals yourself, you can sell the mats and... buy refractive crystals on AH with the money you get?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-30 06:12:58  
I originally mentioned that, but, eh, the whole reason you need to farm em is cause no one sells em. Auction system doesn't work when there's no humans on your server.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-06-30 06:32:46  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I originally mentioned that, but, eh, the whole reason you need to farm em is cause no one sells em. Auction system doesn't work when there's no humans on your server.

This is my reason for asking about it. The supply just isn’t there so I need to do it myself.

Appreciate the responses!
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-06-30 18:03:38  
What are some options for players to apply TP-draining Plague? I can think of Delta Thrust, Shijin Spiral and Blade Bash. Anything else?
By Nariont 2022-06-30 18:12:34  
BST pets mosquito and acuex get a plague of 50/tic
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-06-30 20:39:27  
Lowing for BLU is AoE and does not deal damage if that matters. But apparently it's not as strong as Delta Thrust's plague. It's only -50 TP.
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-07-01 19:28:11  
Does anyone have a list of debuffs that are atypical elements that players can access? The two big ones that come to mind are Siren's Sonic Buffet (wind-based Dispel) and Bitter Elegy (wind-based Elegy).

I know certain dispels cannot miss (Regulator/Disrupter for PUP) but I was wondering about things like Voracious Trunk, Osmosis, Rending Deluge, and other pet ones.
By Nariont 2022-07-01 20:35:47  
BST pets have a small selection of different element or phys + dispels off top of my head
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-07-01 22:52:48  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »
Osmosis

As far as I know, Osmosis cannot miss, as apparently, it has no macc check. Same with Droning Whirlwind.

Blackbeard Randy (BST Pet) has Crossthrash, which is a distortion/detonation skillchain property, but has additional effect Dispel (which doesn't miss afaik).
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-02 03:37:15  
So full list of ready moves, though I'm not actually sure if the dispel/debuffs of these moves are the same element as the nuke, would imagine not just going off things like debuff ws'.

Molting plumage- wind dmg + dispel
Stink bomb: earth dmg + blind/paralyze
Nepenthic Plunge: water dmg + gravity
crossthrash: phys + dispel
choke breath: phys + silence/para

I know certain dispels cannot miss (Regulator/Disrupter for PUP)

Is that confirmed? Could swear it could sometimes miss, it's just got a lot of accuracy
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-07-02 12:46:29  
Nariont said: »
I know certain dispels cannot miss (Regulator/Disrupter for PUP)

Is that confirmed? Could swear it could sometimes miss, it's just got a lot of accuracy

I suppose I should restate that. There are fights like the Ramuh Ambuscade that it does not work on. I do not know if that is a specific mechanic of the fight that bypasses the normal functions of the attachments or possibly even a bug. I can't recall it not working on much else.

I'm trying to compile a complete list of debuffs (and buffs) for this game. The BG wiki and other resources have this info spread around so I was hoping to get a quick and easy reference guide for planning things such as Odyssey.

For anyone that's interested:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14_I7DlDQ3UdIxpWicleBSrogw4IkaKxNFKSLagOiVSM/edit?usp=sharing

It is by no means complete and still needs some work.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-07-10 15:00:43  
Is pure evasion > evasion skill?
By Nariont 2022-07-10 16:13:02  
skill is .9 of evasion, similar to accuracy vs combat skill
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-07-10 16:32:12  
Twash still best thing to sub with Terp on DNC? Been a while since I got to play my DNC lol, been on THF for ages finishing my CC shield ; ;
By Nariont 2022-07-10 18:50:59  
think gleti's/crep dagger or even ternion would be overall better
By billnes 2022-07-11 05:56:50  
What is This Plugin?

In this video there is a plugin on the right-hand side:
https://youtu.be/rWj_VSMlyjc

What is it's name?

Thanks so much.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-07-11 08:14:23  
billnes said: »
What is This Plugin?

In this video there is a plugin on the right-hand side:
https://youtu.be/rWj_VSMlyjc

What is it's name?

Thanks so much.

EquipViewer is what shows their equipment, and Skillchains is what shows the... skillchains.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-07-12 01:46:49  
has any testing ever been done to know whether during Nyzul Uncharted Campaign, if the drops change, or the appraisal is what changes? ie- is there some change to the ??? items, or just at the time its revealed.

My curiosity is primarily fueled by a desire to understand how SE codes it, not looking for some way around the mechanics of the campaign.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-12 05:59:35  
You have to do the small series of mini quests to get it started.

Just talk to the mog. Do what he says. it's just click this, talk to mog, click that, talk to mog, click those, talk to mog.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-07-12 06:19:17  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
has any testing ever been done to know whether during Nyzul Uncharted Campaign, if the drops change, or the appraisal is what changes? ie- is there some change to the ??? items, or just at the time its revealed.

My curiosity is primarily fueled by a desire to understand how SE codes it, not looking for some way around the mechanics of the campaign.

There is still a key difference between NQ ??? Items and +1: They draw from different pools. The ??? items are basically just like unity coffers, just the appraisal process is more drawn out. They have a set pool to draw from and you have an equal % chance to get any of the items from said pool upon appraisal. RNG is RNG.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-07-12 06:48:46  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

The drops change to ??? items +1 and ??? boxes +1/+2, which are different item IDs. There is no hidden data on the items to show what they contain, though that doesn't mean the items can't be determined server-side at time of drop. It is possible they use something like the WS trial data, and the item has data recorded on server side storage but specifically omitted when sent to client. We don't really have a way to know unless someone saved the items from a prior campaign in an extreme quantity and received an item that did not yet exist during the campaign the ??? was obtained from.

I think it is fair to assume that holding the items past the end of the campaign then immediately redeeming them won't change anything. If they aren't determined at time of drop, they still likely have their own list of drops that won't be changed until the next nyzul campaign begins(or maybe not even then, depends how often they adjust the reward list). It is feasible that holding them until the next campaign will let you use the next campaign's reward list instead of the current, but only theoretical until tested.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 743 744 745 ... 834 835 836