Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 742 743 744 ... 831 832 833
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-18 12:34:21  
That page said: »
While tier I enspells apply to every hit, tier II enspells apply only to the first attack of an attack round and do not apply to multi-attacks or offhand weapons. So tier I enspells may situationally be more powerful.

Pretty much what I was wondering about. I was looking on the Enspell individual pages. Thanks for directing me to the info I was after.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-19 20:43:32  
Does Shock Spikes/Ice Spikes land rate depend on your gear when you cast it, or when the mob hits you?
By Tathamet 2022-06-19 23:33:32  
I recall when master levels were released early on, someone created a spreadsheet outlining what each subjob increase would grant trait/spell wise. Anyone have that handy? My forum searches have failed.

In particular, I know /blm gained sleepga2 with this update- anything else interesting?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-19 23:58:02  
This page may not reflect ML40s

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56350/mastery-level-sub-job-traitspriorities/
[+]
By Manque 2022-06-26 19:00:37  
Anyone have any tips for getting past the voracious fight against the mage in quicksand? Can’t quite seem to get him down BLU/WAR. Been using apu, Cornelia, qultada, sehlt, amchuchu, and sometimes King. Once he gets slow and impact on the team I can’t keep up anymore.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-06-27 00:05:30  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Building my Red Mage. Can someone explain Red Mage's Enspell 1 VS Enspell 2 to me like I'm five years old, please?

I'm sure they are different, but I just tried Enfire II VS LV75 Shiva fight (on ice day like a full mad lad). About 55-60 damage on first swing of dual wield. Then I turned it off and put Enfire I on and was hitting for about the same on the first swing only as well.

I was just curious if they are different enough to farm the other tier II spells. Enfire II was just a scroll I had from Abyssea, Voidwatch, or Walk of Echos battlefields I think.

Should I be using single sword only for tier II? Reduce double attack to test one VS the other?

Help me! I r big dumb.

Late, but the short answer is that you virtually never want to use Enspell IIs; tier 1 enspells are better in almost all situations, save for 1-2 very niche fights.

The reason for this is that tier 1 Enspells trigger on every hit of an attack round — thus benefiting from RDM's high multi-attack with Temper II — and their enhancing skill potency is derived from what they're cast in.

Enspell IIs only trigger on the first hit of an attack round — thus not benefiting from multi-attack at all — and have their enhancing skill calculation determined on hit rather than from your midcast (and enhancing skill gear is... not good to TP in). The only situation where they're remotely useful is when you need slow, controlled damage output, e.g. the Sealed Fate master trial.
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-06-27 00:26:08  
Does the elemental resistance down from Enspell II, Ancient Magic, and Ninjutsu stack?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-27 12:33:14  
What would a curaga set look like for COR. (without trove rings and soa rings) Any armor less annoying than taeon augs?

5/5 taeon with leafdim augs?
ItemSet 385248
(10% on the ambu cape too, of course)
By Nariont 2022-06-27 12:41:26  
fraid not, it's all taeon as far as armor goes and accessories aren't much better selection wise
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-06-27 15:30:54  
If you don't care about weapon swapping, there's 20% on Doomsday to open up other slots for pieces with more MND.
[+]
By Afania 2022-06-28 09:06:19  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
What would a curaga set look like for COR. (without trove rings and soa rings) Any armor less annoying than taeon augs?

5/5 taeon with leafdim augs?
ItemSet 385248
(10% on the ambu cape too, of course)

Chatoyant Staff
Naji's Loop if you have VR progress.
DM augmented herc has higher cure pot than taeon if you have been keeping them in the past.

Admittedly some of them can be more annoying than taeon if it's for a new character. I just happened to have them as I do VR and keeping DM herc on an old character, and personally find them less annoying than taeon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-28 13:35:40  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
If you don't care about weapon swapping, there's 20% on Doomsday to open up other slots for pieces with more MND.

Much respect to anybody who builds a +20% Cure Potency gun on Corsair. That’s a level of optimization I’ve never dreamed of.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-28 15:03:53  
Honestly, for a cor mule that's going to curaga, the gun is the fastest/biggest piece.

You get a free weapon (from roe or from a mog pell, maybe both)

It'll mean I can skip taeon entirely (as long as the gun aug plays nice, vs 5 armor augs)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-28 15:15:15  
yeah, with just gun+staff+cape, you put together a relatively decent set for low effort. +40% and all you have to deal with is maxed doomsday (though +10% Cure Pot. on 2 pieces of Taeon is not too hard to get)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-28 15:21:37  
Taeon says its only 5%
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-28 15:37:04  
I was adding two pieces' value together, saying you only need 2 +5 Cure Pot taeon pieces vs 5:

staff10
cape10
doomsday20
taeon 5
taeon 5

50 total
By Rips 2022-06-28 20:32:23  
I need some tech guidance regarding the game.

Recently I reinstalled the game and I have 8 accounts. I followed the multiple POL instructions quite perfectly again to set it up where you can have multiple POL logins saved. However, when I go and select certain characters - and always the same characters - to login at the login screen, the game completely crashes.

I tried a file fix through POL and it still doesn't work.

Any tips on this?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-28 20:37:07  
When you reinstall you have to reregister all those accounts cause the file path will be different and cause the crash.

(or you point the directory to the right file path, maybe)
[+]
By Rips 2022-06-28 21:06:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
When you reinstall you have to reregister all those accounts cause the file path will be different and cause the crash.

(or you point the directory to the right file path, maybe)

I must have not done it correctly then. They were all fine and operating at first, but one by one they just crashed and then I couldn't login to those characters at all.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-06-29 03:55:58  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
what was the typical hagun sam tp set back at 75?
i remember turban hauby byakko but can't remember hands/feet. dusk?

i remember ace's helm adaberk too but that's more drk in my memory
oh yeah sam isn't on berks

When at 75 tho? I think Askar was an option at some point? Usukane?

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2022-06-29 04:40:44  
haub though you could ride askar, usukane was iirc the overall best, hands were dusk, feet you could ride fuma kyahan forever basically unless you got +1 dusk
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-06-29 06:54:30  
Oh wow that’s a trip down memory lane..

Hagun, whatever grip, White Tathlum?
Body: Byrnie +1 or Haubergeon +1 Body TP and WS

Head: Walahra Turban Head or O-Hat if ACC becomes a problem, also Askar Halmet. Probably Askar again for WS.

Hands: Dusk +1 was always the optimal, Askar probably more realistic though, Gigas Bracelet for WS.

Legs: Byakko Haidate for TP, period. Askar for WS? (SAM’s WS gear options were more limited back then, trying to remember)

Feet: Askar for TP and probably WS too

Necklace: Whatever good Acc option you can find. WS will just be Gorget

Earrings: Yee old Brutal Earring will full time one slot, Bushinomimi for the second slot maybe?

Rings: D Ring if you got it, or just some ACC rings and Strength Rings for WS (Accessories were very dry back then)

Waist: Speed Belt or Ninurta Sash if you need it (iirc, you WILL need a belt to cap gear haste) or whatever you can piece together.

Cape: the options were bland. Shadow Cape for defense, I can’t remember what was good for offense, probably just something off AH.

I’m way late on the post anyway but that was fun to dig through those memories. Thanks for that lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-29 07:59:09  
I used Dusk hands and feet for TP back then. Back was Amemet +1 for a while, or Behemoth +1 if you had money. You could also augment your capes with minor stats if you got lucky (they were random).

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Necklace: Whatever good Acc option you can find. WS will just be Gorget
Peacock Amulet/Charm, Chivalrous Chain

Rings: D Ring if you got it, or just some ACC rings and Strength Rings for WS (Accessories were very dry back then)

Rajas Ring was pretty standard from the moment you could use it up through the 75 era.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Cebera
By Asura.Cebera 2022-06-29 09:08:08  
Earrings: Yee old Brutal Earring will full time one slot, Bushinomimi for the second slot maybe?

Waist: Speed Belt or Ninurta Sash if you need it (iirc, you WILL need a belt to cap gear haste) or whatever you can piece together.

Cape: the options were bland. Shadow Cape for defense, I can’t remember what was good for offense, probably just something off AH.

I’m way late on the post anyway but that was fun to dig through those memories. Thanks for that lol

Earrings: Etheral/Brutal for free options?
Rings: defo Raja’s on there
Waist: Swift belt as a free option
Back: if ToAU then I had forager’s and Cerberus mantles I shared on my DRK and SAM
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-06-29 09:19:13  
pretty standard to use hachiman hands to maintain a 6 hit unless you had usukane or white tathlum available (dusk gloves +1 and hachiman feet with tathlum was an option.. but given what dusk gloves +1 cost and fuma not having movement speed- it was pretty uncommon)
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-06-29 09:31:10  
Yup, I completely forgot about Rajas Ring. Wow, they need to do something to update the COP Rings and make them relevant again lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 742 743 744 ... 831 832 833