Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 741 742 743 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-08 09:18:38  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Resistance ranks have nothing to do with physical damage, which is what Requiescat does.
No, Requiescat is typeless physical damage. MAB/MDB/MDT have no effect, but Attack/weapon DMG/mob defense/fSTR do.

I always have problem with typeless/non-elemental damage details, but what you are saying seems kinda wrong too. If it's physical than PDT works against it? The fact that it uses physical calculations including pdif and fSTR doesn't mean anything imo.
Elementals take normal damgage from Req right? They seems to have general pdt tho, so how is that possible? Isn't Req just non magic and non physical (Bg wiki calls it Spirit or breath?). We have several things that I have problem categorizing. Requiescat, Spirits Within, Chi blast, Formless Strike, Crepuscular scythe with enh. and Murasamemaru WSs and I'm pretty sure all of them are not in the same category too, but terminology used for most of them is similar. Maybe its time to sort it out.
Elementals do not have general DT, just DT to the normal weapon types.

Physical damage types:
Slashing
Piercing
Ranged
Blunt
Impact
Typeless/Special/Whatever name you want

Elementals have 75% DT to the first five, but not the sixth, so Requiescat does normal damage to them. My personal theory on how it's implemented on the back end is that they adjust resistances individually to weapon types the vast majority of the time (which leaves typeless physical unaffected), but for some mobs they give them a global DT (which affects everything, including typeless physical), then adjust normal damage type resistances on top of that if they need more customization on that mob. Sheol DT has some interesting interactions that have potential to give more information.

Typeless DT is quite rare, with examples being Fortifications, mobs you're meant to never damage conventionally (like Motsognir), and Gaol NMs.

Not all typeless damage is physical (for example, Mijin Gakure), but Requiescat's is.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-06-08 09:21:38  
Quote:
I only used Ngai v5 here as an example to demonstrate WS does higher dmg in lower vengeance so it's possible that the low dmg is caused by higher stats in higher vengeance level.

For each vengence level the main NM scales upwards by a static +4 to all base stats and gains an additional 1% -dt. Taken from this thread in Papesse's post

Quote:
https://luteff11.livedoor.blog/archives/58179576.html
Apparently they get +4 in stats and -1 DT per veng level. V20 Ongo should have 425 INT and -20% DT.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-06-10 07:43:38  
Do we know around how much defense nostos mobs have in sheol C?
By Hopalong 2022-06-10 08:36:58  
What governs the price of Living Keys?
By RadialArcana 2022-06-10 08:53:27  
Hopalong said: »
What governs the price of Living Keys?

"If two nations are tied for last, you will not be able to buy keys from any nation."

conquest ranking
By Hopalong 2022-06-10 22:00:47  
Yep, got that.

I ask because the price doesn't seem to be affected by fame which is what I would have thought.

The best guess I have atm is linked to being a citizen and what order the nations are in.

I dunno, could be fame but I maxed fame on one mule and was still high price.

ffxicyclopedia says price varies between 5520-6240.

Week 1:
Main: Citizen Windy: Fame Maxed most likely: Price in Windy 5520.
Alt1: Citizen Bastok: High fame: Price in Windy: 6420 (Looks like ffxicyclopedia mistranscribed their number haha 6240 should be 6420!)
Alt2: Citizen Windy: Fame Maxed (I checked all the npcs): Price in Windy 5820
Alt3: Citizen Sand'oria: Price in Windy 6300.

Week2: W > B > S
Main: Citizen Windy: Fame Maxed most likely: Price in Sandy 5520.
Alt1: Citizen Bastok: High fame: Price in Sandy 5400
Alt2: Citizen Windy: Fame Maxed: Price in Sandy
Alt3: Citizen Sand'oria: Price in Sandy 5820.
By llAKs0nll 2022-06-10 23:37:39  
If you Win a V20 tier3 fight but do NOT have all tier 1 and tier 2 v20 clears can you still augment that V20 you did Win up to R25
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-06-10 23:44:28  
Yes.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-06-11 17:06:35  
any tips to bypass or easily completed the 12 questions in "A Thirst for Eternity"
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/A_Thirst_for_Eternity
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-12 01:32:56  

Does anyone know what addon this is? Can't recall the name.
It does distance values for the whole party and target.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-06-12 05:09:01  
DaneBlood said: »
any tips to bypass or easily completed the 12 questions in "A Thirst for Eternity"
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/A_Thirst_for_Eternity

I dont think so, many of them are easy if you know the adoulin story, you kinda have to be fast too. The input timeout is pretty short to even try alt tabbing answers. If your really struggling maybe a paper cheat sheet or 2nd monitor so your not wasting time.

I seem to recall it took a few trys. Note that:
“Upon failure you must rezone to try again, but you will have more time to answer per question, and the total number of questions will increase.“

So you can get one or two wrong I think and still pass, so better to answer 1-2 you got no clue on to not time out.
By DaneBlood 2022-06-12 11:28:58  
Asura.Yottaxa said: »
I seem to recall it took a few trys. Note that:
“Upon failure you must rezone to try again, but you will have more time to answer per question, and the total number of questions will increase.“

yeah i went up to 15 questions before going in but here iss what helped me

1: the nakull information i reduced form the long setnence to more pf a spreadsheet set up. so it was visually faster to see what was what.
2: sorted som of the leade information by group of rtype of information

this made it faster to look for the right info.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-12 11:39:29  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

Looks to be TPparty
https://github.com/KenshiDRK/Addons/blob/master/TParty/TParty.lua
[+]
By DaneBlood 2022-06-13 00:28:16  
Asura.Bippin said: »

Looks to be TPparty
https://github.com/KenshiDRK/Addons/blob/master/TParty/TParty.lua

Close but i beleive TPparty shows TP
Dparty shows distance

https://github.com/Petewilmer/DParty
By endfockr 2022-06-13 13:56:38  
I started using this: https://github.com/ikudosi/pup_gearswap gearswap lua which comes with a small hud monitor for PUP maneuvers and whatnot. But everytime I run it my game starts stuttering like crazy. I've used other gearswap files with huds and they never had this much of an effect on my performance.

The github hasn't been updated in some time and the thread on AH about the project seems pretty dead so I figured I'd ask here: is there any simple modification I can make to the code to make it less taxing on my system? Another addon I use (https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55374/xivcrossbar-a-gamepad-macro-addon/) used to have a similar effect on my performance until the author added a frameskip option which solved the problem for me. Is anyone here familiar enough with windower lua to add a similar function to this for me? Or atleast point me in the right direction?

If there's a better place to ask this please point me to it, thanks!
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-13 14:15:43  
Does anyone have a Mijin Gakure set?
What helps it land macc?

I see that the pants do +50%, not invested enough for Nagi, mixed data on the ammo.
By ryukin182 2022-06-13 14:24:31  
For crafting, if I am a higher level than the synth you cannot skill up on that synth correct? I am level 108 cooking, and just skilled up on sweet rice cakes, a level 99 synth, no HQ. This shouldn't be possible right?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-13 14:24:53  
DaneBlood said: »
Close but i beleive TPparty shows TP
TPparty I linked does show distance.
[+]
By gunn 2022-06-13 14:47:00  
ryukin182 said: »
For crafting, if I am a higher level than the synth you cannot skill up on that synth correct? I am level 108 cooking, and just skilled up on sweet rice cakes, a level 99 synth, no HQ. This shouldn't be possible right?
Still can lvl up, just goes slower and to a certain limit. Think it was 10 over?
By ryukin182 2022-06-13 15:04:37  
gunn said: »
ryukin182 said: »
Still can lvl up, just goes slower and to a certain limit. Think it was 10 over?
Oh ok, maybe this is new? Idk if this was around last time i got a craft to 100 ten years ago, but i never tried it. thanks
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-13 15:08:08  
Is there an addon that automatically moves an item from a different bag into your inventory if you type the name? For example, I've got an Antacid in my Mog Sack and want to use it quick, and it'd be faster to type something like "//grab antacid" than to open the bag, scroll down to it, and move it over.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-13 15:20:06  
Is there an addon that automatically moves an item from a different bag into your inventory if you type the name? For example, I've got an Antacid in my Mog Sack and want to use it quick, and it'd be faster to type something like "//grab antacid" than to open the bag, scroll down to it, and move it over.
Itemizer! It's the greatest invention!

Alias <name> gs c useitem <slot> <item>

Nexus capes, warp rings, exp stuffs!
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-13 15:23:06  
Thanks!
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-13 15:47:39  
Does anyone have a Mijin Gakure set?
Outside of gear that enhances Mijin you want as much MACC as needed to cap against your targets MEVA.

At that point can stack HP+ but will need to get a cure before using Mijin as it is based on your current HP.

Ammo being +10%
Relic legs are 50%
and Nagai is just RR
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-06-15 23:28:16  
I'm trying to weight PDL+ gear in various sets at attack cap.

Looking at https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/PDIF#Attack.2FDefense_Ratio

I'm reading the "____ weapons have an effective ratio cap of _____" section under Attack/Defense Ratio.
Is this a real cap?

Example, I have 1000 attack vs a mob with 100 defense, I'm using a 1h axe. Is my attack/def ratio carried forward to the next equation as 10 or 3.625?
By SimonSes 2022-06-16 01:11:38  
You are at pdif cap at this point where your damage will be pdif cap for that weapon*multiplier, where multiplier is random between 0 to 0.05

Edit: with PDL it's pdifCap*PDL*multiplier for normal hit and (pdifCap*PDL+1)*multiplier.
[+]
By Lingerie 2022-06-17 00:31:27  
Has SE ever come forward and say they've zero plans to even touch Besieged or have they at least hinted a tweak eventually? Is anything definitive out there? tyvm
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-17 00:39:19  
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/uwcrva/20th_vanaversary_official_ffxi_developer_ama_with/i9qwoqz/
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-18 12:20:22  
Building my Red Mage. Can someone explain Red Mage's Enspell 1 VS Enspell 2 to me like I'm five years old, please?

I'm sure they are different, but I just tried Enfire II VS LV75 Shiva fight (on ice day like a full mad lad). About 55-60 damage on first swing of dual wield. Then I turned it off and put Enfire I on and was hitting for about the same on the first swing only as well.

I was just curious if they are different enough to farm the other tier II spells. Enfire II was just a scroll I had from Abyssea, Voidwatch, or Walk of Echos battlefields I think.

Should I be using single sword only for tier II? Reduce double attack to test one VS the other?

Help me! I r big dumb.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-06-18 12:21:59  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Enspell
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 741 742 743 ... 836 837 838