Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 752 753 754 ... 831 832 833
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-18 16:02:26  
Whenever I saw one of the Unity that's usually among the last suddenly becoming first for one week, I always assumed it was because of the Exp/CP bonus they give.
Being in an Unity that's low rank gives a bonus that's higher the lower the rank.

If a lot of people swap because of that, it's likely that the week after tht Unity is gonna be first instead of one of the last as usual.

I mean... I don't know if this is true, it's just what I always assumed, it made sense to me.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-18 16:09:23  
Generally no one is going to go out of their way to lose sylvie/yoran/apuru for some exp/cp bonus (they don't set the moglification either) ((Or the mog garden bonus.))

Bots will for the accolade bonus
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-09-18 16:45:44  
Guess I assumed most players these days cared a whole lot more about getting full bonuses on UNM armor pieces that vary, as many of them have become standard choices for sets.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-18 18:16:47  
There are no Unity armor or weapon bonuses that outweigh Sylvie UC or a healer, unless you multibox and don’t value those trusts. There’s also only a handful of Unity gear that is used nowadays to begin with, most bring accessories, so the bonuses are mostly minimal. Off the top of my head, I can probably count 10 or so that are relevant and you’d care about maximizing (a couple of belts and Tatenashi +1 set comes first to mind)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-18 18:25:22  
That "problem" could be easily solved by allowing the max Unity bonus to apply to the first 3 Unities and not exclusively the first one.
Would give people a certain degree of choice while also maximizing the unity bonus.
As mildy relevant as that is nowadays, like Buukki already described.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-18 18:41:07  
Every single idea for unity is *** stupid.

From the chat, to the bonuses, to the trust restrictions, to the rewards system, to the thought that people would actually fight over 1st (by joining melee unities and giving up sylvie/yoran.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-18 18:51:17  
It’s so terrible, they have to entice you to actually chat by making a daily and monthly objective for it.
By Pantafernando 2022-09-18 18:53:21  
The server communication is obviously a good idea, but poorly implemented.

The entire linkshell chat is already deprecated af... I mean, we have been bombed with every sort of social media, sharing text, images, videos, making groups, etc.

Its about time to give the few lines communication from linkshell chat a rest, and make a new form of communication asap... if they ever cared in actually improving the game.
By Hopalong 2022-09-18 19:01:11  
Unity is a pretty good system I think. They are easy to pop, and teach mechanic of that mob type nm. Also you just do the nms when double coffer is in place.

The armor/weapons they give have stood the test of time. Just off the top of my head and what I have in use:

Ghastly Tathlum
Seething Bomblet
Pukulatmuj
Thorwinn Shield
Blistering Sallet
Loess Barbuta
Tatenashi Hatamaki
Warder's Charm
Loricate torque
Unmoving Collar
Bathy Choker
Dominance Earring
Odonawa Earring
Cohort Cloak
Lamassu Mitts
Tatenashi gote
Gazu Bracelets
Gelatinous ring
Cacoethic ring
Apeile ring
Metamorphic ring
Kentarch belt
Sailfi belt
Augury Cuisses
Assiduity pants
Tatenashi Haidate
Jute boots
Tatenashi Sune-ate

Then, there's all the equipment that are really good for a fresh 119 to fill in gaps.

edit: things that make the Unity system easier:
1) Job that can cap accolades superfast via cleave.
2) Monbereaux access (cause Sylvie really is the best option)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-18 19:24:55  
Quote:
The armor/weapons they give have stood the test of time. Just off the top of my head and what I have in use:

Two different things we're talking about. The gear itself is useful. The unity bonus stat is mostly insignificant. It's the R15 augments primarily why you even use most of that gear, not the unity bonus. In fact, I don't even count it on my gear because I never check if my current unity odd in first place. The ones in the list don't have any massive bonus worth switching unities over.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-09-18 19:33:00  
Yeah I'm with you there, I don't count the unity stat bonus because its not significant to me. If I'm doing x-hit sets with Tatenashi for example, I only use the minimum value.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-19 06:37:27  
With MM45 and an entrusted Indi-Voidance, it looked like Agon monsters had a floored hit rate on AAEV on floor 1 of Sheol B. Not sure entirely what to make of it, except to note that probably puts her evasion near mine as a geared MLevel 30 THF.

Just something weird I noticed. Not sure how to make it more useful than having an invincible trust tank, but that's pretty useful anyway.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-09-19 06:54:34  
Any reason, in general, to be using AAEV over August or Valaineral, as a tank?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-19 06:56:49  
She takes less physical damage than those two (except for maybe when August has his wings up, but that's fleeting).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-19 06:57:52  
I think AAEV is basically a better tank (and DD) than August unless you are going to fight for exactly 1 minute or whatever his DT duration is. Valaineral is probably better than AAEV but it didn't seem to matter and she is tall.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-19 10:58:12  
Valaineral best tank change my mind.

Better than August, Amchuchu, arkev, Arkham
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-19 11:11:35  
For the instance Byrth was talking about, in Sheol fodder farming having access to Moogle Mastery , without question Valaineral due to his AOE with Uriel Blade. But he dies faster than AAEV when group tanking omen fodder, so outside of MM it varies.

I don’t consider AAHM a viable tank unless you can give him capped haste for shadows, but he struggles keeping hate because all he has is provoke and Yonin. Don’t think he used Yain Ichi. I think AAEV is probably the best tank you’d use with MM45 when going after Gaol bosses. I used her a few times on some rp farming trips and she refused to go down. Might be similar production to august, but AAEV seems more consistent.

Amchuchu is no longer relevant as a trust tank imho. She seems to take too much damage when battuta or OFA falls, but she can be used with a stunner like AATT and Cornelia to basically provide minimum recast to AATT when you need TP moves stunned, due to the FC she gets from Valiance inspiration. So she still has uses
By Ymora 2022-09-19 11:44:31  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Any reason, in general, to be using AAEV over August or Valaineral, as a tank?

Because she's mommy and she keeps me alive while I helix Lilith to death
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-19 12:11:47  
They really did fix valaineral so dramatically, he's a better tank than all the others AND a damn better WHM than every non-unity whm ffs.

No one ever brings up the automaton though (mnejing), with those last buffs he should be the sturdiest in actual damage taken -37.5 DT if accurate and the (highest?) shield block rate. And has dispel. But never gets used.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-19 16:36:05  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They really did fix valaineral so dramatically, he's a better tank than all the others AND a damn better WHM than every non-unity whm ffs.

No one ever brings up the automaton though (mnejing), with those last buffs he should be the sturdiest in actual damage taken -37.5 DT if accurate and the (highest?) shield block rate. And has dispel. But never gets used.
At least in single-target contexts, Mnejing isn't as good as AAEV or Valaineral in terms of mitigating physical damage.

I just tested each of the three by setting them against a level 140 Apex Idle Drifter (chosen because they're all physical damage, have no status effects I couldn't be bothered to keep off, and are middle of the road in terms of level for mobs you might want a tank on) and recording how much damage they took over 10 minutes. I gave Mnejing and AAEV Protect V, and allowed Valaineral to put up his own Protect V (as the wiki says he has Shield Barrier), even though in most setups he'll have his Protect overwritten by a normal Protect V. Outside of that, I just gave the PLDs Refresh III so they could keep up Reprisal and Flash over the 10 minutes, no other outside buffs.

Mnejing took the most damage, at about 26200. His damage taken per hit seemed decent, and his shield blocks made him take very little damage, but he only blocked incredibly rarely. At first I thought he wasn't blocking at all until I saw a double digit damage hit.

Valaineral took the next most, at about 24000. He took a bit less baseline damage than Mnejing in terms of damage taken (possibly due to Phalanx), and he occasionally used Sentinel to lower damage taken a lot for a short period. However, his shield block rate was trash, even under Reprisal.

AAEV took the least, at about 19500. She took similar amounts of baseline damage as Valaineral even with his superior Protect, but she also shield blocked FAR more often, especially when under Reprisal.

At least in terms of single target tanking, AAEV is the clear winner in terms of physical mitigation. The other two would likely close the gap a lot in cases where her superior shield blocking doesn't matter.

Slapping Haste onto AAEV would have also make her pull even further ahead, as her block rate is significant enough that letting her keep Reprisal up more often would be a big benefit (as opposed to Valaineral, whose block rate even under Reprisal couldn't have been more than about 10%). She's also able to keep going without outside refresh a lot longer than Valaineral is due to her Damage Taken > MP trait and larger MP pool.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-19 17:01:03  
Interesting, lack of sentinel reprisal and phalanx make him end up inferior. It really should be closer, she only has 10 dt vs 37.5 and valaineral is only 8 dt

Guess the shield size and barrier module not doing enough.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-19 18:12:57  
I never tested them as extensively as Geriond did, but I do agree that I felt like AAEV was a lot beefier than the other two in some random odyssey solo farming segs or omen swart farming I did. I know he was talking about single target, but even with multiple targets on both of them, AAEV outlasted Valaineral every single time I would mass pull mobs in omen on THF and AE them down. Valaineral would die in about 2-3 auto attack rounds from all 10 mobs waiting on him with only Monberaux and Koru on heals. EV lived quite a bit longer, despite not having all of the tools Valaineral does. I still like him for the additional healing though, which is much better than, say, Cherukiii, who also can’t take a hit if she pulls hate with a heal. Valaineral also pairs very nicely with Sel’teus for AOE heals in fights where you need a lot of it, like in Shinryu HTBF or Sortie bosses.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-20 16:47:57  
Since we're talking about trust tanks, I just checked, and Valaineral's Protect V gives 350 defense (130 over normal Protect V).
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2022-09-20 17:04:49  
Would the newly announced RTX Remix work on FFXI? Seems like ReShade but taken to the extreme.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/rtx-remix/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-09-20 17:14:45  
Assuming it works as advertised and someone with enough gumption to incorporate it into xi still exists in the community then there's no obvious reason that it shouldn't work. It's specifically designed for ancient architectures like this

Keep in mind that even normal upscaled texture packs for the entirety of XI are hard to come by, and this would require even more work than that while also causing assets that haven't been modded to stand out much more
By Flatliner 2022-09-20 18:15:22  
My laptop just kicked the bucket and I need a new one. I 4-box the game regularly and need something that can handle 4 characters + me checking bg wiki. Any idea what I should be looking for or at least a cpu that could handle this? I know cpu is the most important thing but I'm not sure what level of cpu I need
By Aelius 2022-09-20 18:22:22  
Flatliner said: »
My laptop just kicked the bucket and I need a new one. I 4-box the game regularly and need something that can handle 4 characters + me checking bg wiki. Any idea what I should be looking for or at least a cpu that could handle this? I know cpu is the most important thing but I'm not sure what level of cpu I need

Any asus laptop on newegg that's over $1000 will do what you want.
By Viciouss 2022-09-20 19:27:47  
What's the keyboard command to release all trusts at once?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-20 19:29:27  
/refa all

But, you can't be engaged and sometimes the 5th trust won't actually release lol (too far maybe)
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-20 19:29:51  
/refa all
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 752 753 754 ... 831 832 833