Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 714 715 716 ... 834 835 836
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2021-09-07 15:04:26  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Is there like a limit to the amount you can skill up in a day or something? Thanks to the insanely fast leveling this game has now, my Geomancy and Handbell skills fell really far behind. I wouldn't be caught dead in an actual party with skills like this, so I wanted to spam some Indi spells on myself on the side while I was working.

Summoned Moogle, ate a B.E.W. Pitaru, donned my Temachtiani Shirt and Gloves, started spamming. Got up to about 190 in each skill and... that was it. No more. Up to this point I was getting about one skill-up per 1-2 spell-casts. Now I've cast over 60 with no skill-ups at all.

I'm barely halfway there and it won't let me skill-up off of myself anymore? D:

Fastest way to skillup geo skills for me was to cast the geo spells on Uragnites outside Adoulin.
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-07 15:59:08  
Is there like a limit to the amount you can skill up in a day or something? Thanks to the insanely fast leveling this game has now, my Geomancy and Handbell skills fell really far behind. I wouldn't be caught dead in an actual party with skills like this, so I wanted to spam some Indi spells on myself on the side while I was working.

Summoned Moogle, ate a B.E.W. Pitaru, donned my Temachtiani Shirt and Gloves, started spamming. Got up to about 190 in each skill and... that was it. No more. Up to this point I was getting about one skill-up per 1-2 spell-casts. Now I've cast over 60 with no skill-ups at all.

Outside of a Skillup campaign it is very slow sadly. You can summon trusts and cast Geo-Precision(dont forget Ionis) on trust > Full Circle > repeat. Cast Geo on a Reive or buy a weeks worth of skillup books from sparks.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-09-07 16:02:23  
At a certain point you'll get better skillups casting on a high level target vs self-targeted buffs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-07 16:34:55  
I was probably going to try that next. I've just never been in a position where I've been more than like 6 levels behind in any magic skill before and thought maybe there was some XIV 1.0 "progress gradually gets slower until it stops" malarkey.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-07 16:41:41  
From my experience, all skill up rates kinda halves midway, possibly reducing even further in the last lvs.

Reives are my go-to training place. For geo, tossing geo poison in those roots did the trick.

I dont remember how long it took though. Maybe over 4h. All EoV bonus enabled, ionis, trust and tema set
By joemamma 2021-09-07 17:17:10  
SimonSes said: »
joemamma said: »
joemamma said: »
300-400 M is a lot for a toy even if it is rare. I would think gil is better spent elsewhere.

95% People who buy Kraken Club have already spent the gils elsewhere.

65% of the time using random percentages to prove a point works 100% of the time.

Pointless suggestion to use gils elsewhere are even less accurate. If someone has 400M and want to buy Kraken Club he probably dont give a ***about your suggestion to spend gils elsewhere or he just have everything that he wanted to buy. The chance he will read your comment after saving/getting gils for KC and be like "OH ***! I might indeed buy something else" is close to zero.

I'm sure everyone is very impressed that you have a K club and have more ffxi points than those that don't have it.

Please write up a detailed reason why we all should spend 400 M on a glorified toy.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-07 17:34:33  
Yes, fight

I want blood
By joemamma 2021-09-07 17:36:40  
He isn't worth it some noob not even a lazy noob at that. He actually gives a ***about FFXI.
By joemamma 2021-09-07 17:37:34  
I suggest everyone even new players spend 400 M gil on a k club as soon as possible. Who gives a ***if you are still gimp as ***. Buy it now.

Do you know how fast you can skill up club skills with a k club.

It is worth it just for skill ups.

FFXI is all about having stuff that other people don't have.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-07 22:58:05  
Well that's interesting to learn that it does have a practical purpose still. I'd figure it'd gimp your iLvl too much even as an offhand and still be an accursed TP feed. But then I guess I've seen stuff like Mewling Lullaby and TP Drainkiss and stuff to keep TP on mobs down? Huh.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-07 23:00:19  
Oh also, I noticed that the old merited spells have appeared as scrolls now? What's the deal with that? Are there new merited spells or...?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-07 23:09:30  
Jobs got merit adjustments, a lot of the mage group 2s changed
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 20:11:44  
Manually...? With a lushangs... maybe 40. Going higher than 10-15 above skill really makes it obnoxious.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-11 13:49:31  
Gotta pick a new Aeonic today for the start of a new run. For my jobs (mastered & high end TP/WS gear for all of the jobs that use the below weapons), the ones I have interest in are:

Chango - I kinda feel like I'm leaning toward this, it would be for my WAR with no RMEA but all of the relevant Ambu/UNM weapons. So like... still prob gonna use Naegling SB most of the time as default, with Shining One/Loxotic as needed for piercing/blunt. But do situations where Chango is the best option (i.e., SC focus, 1-2 DDs) still come up with enough regularity these days to make this a worthwhile pick?

Godhands - For my MNK currently using Karambit. I'm a little less excited about Godhands because I'd rather just get Verethragna (I just really, really, really hate farming Chloris buds) and I think that once that happens it would mean I almost never pull out Godhands... right? Whereas at least my other Aeonics under consideration would still retain a niche.

Dojikiri Yasutsuna - I already have R15 Masamune, so that's likely to remain my standard go to option. But sorta like WAR, are any SAMs really loving Doji these days? Maybe more worthwhile for Jinpu spam now that Nyame B gear exists?

What's the community vote here, given my situation? :)
By SimonSes 2021-09-11 14:23:56  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Gotta pick a new Aeonic today for the start of a new run. For my jobs (mastered & high end TP/WS gear for all of the jobs that use the below weapons), the ones I have interest in are:

Chango - I kinda feel like I'm leaning toward this, it would be for my WAR with no RMEA but all of the relevant Ambu/UNM weapons. So like... still prob gonna use Naegling SB most of the time as default, with Shining One/Loxotic as needed for piercing/blunt. But do situations where Chango is the best option (i.e., SC focus, 1-2 DDs) still come up with enough regularity these days to make this a worthwhile pick?

Godhands - For my MNK currently using Karambit. I'm a little less excited about Godhands because I'd rather just get Verethragna (I just really, really, really hate farming Chloris buds) and I think that once that happens it would mean I almost never pull out Godhands... right? Whereas at least my other Aeonics under consideration would still retain a niche.

Dojikiri Yasutsuna - I already have R15 Masamune, so that's likely to remain my standard go to option. But sorta like WAR, are any SAMs really loving Doji these days? Maybe more worthwhile for Jinpu spam now that Nyame B gear exists?

What's the community vote here, given my situation? :)

Godhands are definitely used and worth it even if you have Veret. Unless you can maintain Impetus whole fight. I personally don't use Chango, but I also don't use Naegling. I use Ukonvasara, because white damage for life. I can see Chango being useful for self light/Radiance tho.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-11 14:57:08  
Godhands are definitely used and worth it even if you have Veret. Unless you can maintain Impetus whole fight.

Thanks, Simon. That surprises me a bit even with Impetus down, due to Veret still having killer white damage just from Empy AM3 (especially on crit procs, and MNK TP sets often feature strong crit gear like Kendatsuba+1/Mpaca). Plus the low delay, huge STR augments, and better associated WS. But I'll take your word for that and assume the higher DMG and TP Bonus on Godhands means stuff like Howling/DK actually do enough additional WS damage to outweigh non-Impetus Verethragna.

Guess I'm interested in whether anybody else with similar other WAR or SAM alternatives to my own finds themselves using Chango or Doji enough to justify making them. If not, Godhands at the very least would be an improvement for my MNK pre-Verethragna (and maybe retain more utility than I had been giving them credit for even if you have both options)...
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-09-11 15:20:41  
Vere is the worst Empy for Am3.

I would add all three of these weapons are great and have a use.

Chango is great when you can SC

Doji can be great for Jinpu and even some NMs for mutli step SC

Godhands has simon said.

I would think godhands would get the most use of the three for the jobs. But that will really depend how you play etc.
[+]
By Taint 2021-09-11 16:53:03  
Chango > GH > Doji would be my ranking.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-09-11 18:58:08  
Anyone elses price history feature under your profile broken?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-11 20:21:03  
Thanks to everyone for the Aeonic input! Went for Godhands - almost a toss-up between that and Chango, but I guess H2H would be a bigger improvement for me in more situations (and the comments about GH's continued utility were helpful). Appreciate the replies!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-12 00:43:52  
Asura.Wotasu said: »

Outside of a Skillup campaign it is very slow sadly. You can summon trusts and cast Geo-Precision(dont forget Ionis) on trust > Full Circle > repeat. Cast Geo on a Reive or buy a weeks worth of skillup books from sparks.

This was where I envy my brother who took the time to level his adventuring fellow to 99.

She counted as a mob, not a player (like trusts) and skilled up extremely fast on skills like healing magic and enhancing magic
[+]
By Draylo 2021-09-12 03:36:47  
Anyone figure out if aqua spikes does anything special? Or just water dmg based spikes.

Edit: Just fluff it seems, neat effect but maybe some crab NM had this already, "Deluge Spikes" lol.
By alamihgo 2021-09-13 12:30:14  
In light of the Shinryu battlefield, could someone refresh my memory:
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-09-13 12:38:17  
alamihgo said: »
In light of the Shinryu battlefield, could someone refresh my memory:

Are you talking about if you look "down" in that BC you see architecture below? I always thought that the nexus in Qufim brought you to a stellar landscape above Vana'diel, and that structure below is actually Delfkutt's Tower.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-13 12:39:00  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
This was where I envy my brother who took the time to level his adventuring fellow to 99.

She counted as a mob, not a player (like trusts) and skilled up extremely fast on skills like healing magic and enhancing magic
Whoa, I never realized that. My Fellow is really high level - not sure if she's 99, mind you - but I'll have to play around with that.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-13 12:45:56  
As long as it’s at at least level 90 it should be able to take you all the way to cap
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-09-13 12:54:54  
The Uragnites in Ceizak are great for skilling up to cap, or apex if you can get trusts to just hold em for you to spam stuff on.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-13 13:14:52  
Skill-up campaign is up right now, too. Good timing for all this advice.

Thanks for the answers, all!
First Page 2 3 ... 714 715 716 ... 834 835 836