Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 713 714 715 ... 838 839 840
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-03 11:39:22  
Yeah, only reason I said maybe not head/body would be the +1 extra STP on ayanmo head and the DA on ayanmo body (if you don't have ashera).

Bunzi is pretty much a no brainer if defense is more important than DPS though.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-09-03 16:38:22  
SimonSes said: »
Bunzi has not only better survivability than Ayanmo, but also better than Nyame (more DT and MDB at cost of lower DEF), so I have no idea why it's not in conversation in the first place.

Good call, Bunzi just slipped my mind because I don't personally have it yet (no Bunzi jobs on my main so never bought it, didn't get the win yet on mule/alt that could use it... but yeah I need to do that!)

Still... even without choosing path A, Nyame on path B is basically a sidegrade to Bunzi for most slots as hybrid TP gear. You said Bunzi is better than Nyame defensively, but that's a small difference at best:
- Meva is identical on each slot.
- For DT-, Bunzi has a DT-1% advantage on 3 pieces (that may or may not be relevant to your overall build, it isn't in mine at the bottom of this post), head is the same DT-7% on both, and Nyame feet actually have 1 more DT.
- Bunzi has a MDB+3 per piece advantage for all 5 slots
- Nyame has significantly higher amounts of DEF, HP, VIT, and Evasion on every piece.

And as getting RP requires prioritization (and everyone wants Nyame), it seems far more likely to me that people will work on Nyame augments to help out offensively (overwhelmingly so for WS, and with some Atk/DA that help TP too) before they have a chance to do much augmenting on Bunzi. Certainly will be the case for me. Inventory strain is also a thing to consider when you're talking about pieces that are so similar.

To break the slot by slot comparison down a bit (thinking mostly from a BRD perspective here)...

Body/Legs/Feet: Really not much difference at R0, and when you add augments to the mix it favors Nyame B due to the additional DA+2~3% per piece.

Head: Again the difference is minor at R0 and either piece serves the same purpsoe. Bunzi gets better augments (STP) that would make it my choice once augmented... if/when I can spend limited Gaol time actually upgrading Bunzi gear.

Hands: That's the one slot I'd go Bunzi over Nyame B at any augment level, thanks to the very nice base DA+8%

Quote:
Ashera covers BRD body slot for TP, tho it's not easy to get I guess.

Legs and Feet are the problem to get anything that cover DT, meva and some dd stats for mages tho. Outside of Nyame A ofc. That being said I would probably just use Nyame B and call it a day. They still have +5%DA in those 2 slots, which isn't much, but still something.

While they don't have DT, Volte Tights/Spats have STP&Acc paired with strong Meva/MDB. Though those are also pretty hard to get (I did manage to get Ashera, but no luck on those Volte pieces), and arguably not worth giving up the DT- for better offense (I'd just go Bunzi or Nyame myself). It's a possible option for some people though.

I'm thinking I'll probably end up defaulting to the following BRD hybrid TP set:
Head: Nyame B for now (to replace with Bunzi if/when I ever get Bunzi RP)
Body: Ashera
Hands: Bunzi
Legs: Nyame B
Feet: Nyame B

That's 37% DT-, and I like to use 2x Moonlight Rings and DT-5% cape to cap.

Also worth calling out that the above set is only 21% haste, so need to remember to pick that up somewhere else (like Sailfi Belt+1 for me on BRD), which may force other accessory changes. Losing DW from belt = I'm comfortable using DW+10 cape and just accepting being 1 DW under capped delay, YMMV.
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-09-04 06:14:57  
Which Snow- stones see the most frequent Magic Evasion augments on Alluvion Skirmish gear? Particularly Taeon.

Edit: Nevermind. Threw some random stones I had in stock and it looks like Snowdim is what I want.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-04 07:41:36  
BG says all three but orb can provide meva.

I faintly remember trying for that stat some time ago, what i remember is that sucked all the three types as meva is a very random attribute.

So, I would just try all my less wanted category i guess. Maybe first -tip, then -slit finishing with -dim. Or just the less expensive, idk.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-09-04 08:07:16  
Sometimes you can get "bad" rolls that gives augments outside the table. Sometimes these are good things.
By DaneBlood 2021-09-06 11:34:23  
Anyway to recover the WotG rings (griffon zodiag etc)
My Wife lost her griffon ring

I am about to continue on the Sandy line anyway for a mule, to have all 3 paths done on all characters.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-06 12:17:42  
Looking around, it doesn't look like it (outside of using your one time GM ticket).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-06 12:21:25  
To be frank, she didn't lose a Griffon Ring, she found inventory +1
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-09-06 13:20:03  
Those rings are some of the few mission or quest related R/E items that can be sent to same account mules, maybe check there on the off chance she sent it away?
By Rips 2021-09-07 03:40:19  
I know how to cap sparks quickly outside of RoE time, but have struggled with accolades.

Is there an open secret to doing so that flew over my head?

I multibox so I was thinking just general exp and crystal drops.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-07 07:47:10  
Rips said: »
I know how to cap sparks quickly outside of RoE time, but have struggled with accolades.

Is there an open secret to doing so that flew over my head?

I multibox so I was thinking just general exp and crystal drops.
As far as I know, the "Gain Experience" challenge is a quick and sure-fire way to cap it. Every monster is 300 accolades.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-07 07:49:16  
pretty sure 'outside of RoE time' meant not during gain, but probably the best bet is just aggressively farming ruaun or reisenjima trash mobs since exp correlates to accolades
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-07 07:55:34  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
pretty sure 'outside of RoE time' meant not during gain
I guess I shouldn't read FFXIAH forums 20 minutes after crawling out of bed lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-07 08:43:44  
It's a bad habit to have in general. The internet that is. But to be the first(ish) thing you do.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-07 08:48:10  
Indeed, coaches says that the very first hours in your day must be productive so your day is worth.

But I need at least 20 minutes before my coffe effects starts kicking in then I can resume my online courses.

So, in the end I just check what you slobs were talking while i was sleeping till im ready to be productive.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-07 08:51:53  
How come the Kraken Club is still exorbitantly expensive in a world with Item Level? Have I missed something that's being done with it, still?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-07 08:55:34  
It's still obnoxiously difficult to obtain, no one gets beastmen seals anymore, no one does the bc anymore and the meta still uses it on ranger.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-09-07 09:03:05  
Asura.Vyre said: »
How come the Kraken Club is still exorbitantly expensive in a world with Item Level? Have I missed something that's being done with it, still?

There are some rangers that use it to gain TP fast by putting mass amounts of accuracy on, and then fire off ranged 119 weapon skills but I doubt that's why most are buying it. I think mainly it's just status, quite a few returnees are getting them because they always wanted one long ago, and that is what is keeping the price high.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-07 09:09:48  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's a bad habit to have in general. The internet that is. But to be the first(ish) thing you do.
Normally I wouldn't, but it takes about half an hour for all of my work software to load up anyway so I use the time to have some coffee, eat some breakfast, and browse the forums.

This time I'm like "Oh hey! I can probably answer this question, finally!" and I made a fool of myself D:
By SimonSes 2021-09-07 11:52:29  
RadialArcana said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »

There are some rangers that use it to gain TP fast by putting mass amounts of accuracy on, and then fire off ranged 119 weapon skills but I doubt that's why most are buying it. I think mainly it's just status, quite a few returnees are getting them because they always wanted one long ago, and that is what is keeping the price high.

It's not only ranged WSs, but mainly Naegling and Savage Blade. You have 1000tp bonus from bow and 20% WSD and 10str from arrow, which is a massive boost to Savage Blade. You also now have Nyame, which supports this even further and you already have best possible TP set for this, which is Malignance. Makes RNG very versatile too. You can do top slashing, piercing, light and fire damage.

Outside of Rng, it can also be used on BST as sub for Aymur or Naegling. Beside endgame meta, it's also extremely useful and fun toy. I used it on BRD and BLM to make CP (20-40k Black Halos on BLM with Nyame B for WS :P). I use it for every Relic and Mythic WS trials too or for proc in abyssea etc.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-09-07 12:32:25  
300-400 M is a lot for a toy even if it is rare. I would think gil is better spent elsewhere.
By SimonSes 2021-09-07 12:43:23  
joemamma said: »
300-400 M is a lot for a toy even if it is rare. I would think gil is better spent elsewhere.

95% People who buy Kraken Club have already spent the gils elsewhere.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-07 13:34:01  
, no one gets beastmen seals anymore, no one does the bc anymore

Beastmen seals are easiy acquired using login points, and people have access to thousands of them monthly via mules. PUP can solo the fight blindfolded, so it's an easy investment to burn it to 99, get attachments, or just bring an alt who can do it and use the mule as seal supply.

A lot of people still do BCNM60, but the drop rate is just so bad you would think nobody does it anymore because you only ever see a handful on AH at any given time.
By Rips 2021-09-07 13:36:04  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
, no one gets beastmen seals anymore, no one does the bc anymore

Beastmen seals are easiy acquired using login points, and people have access to thousands of them monthly via mules. PUP can solo the fight blindfolded, so it's an easy investment to burn it to 99, get attachments, or just bring an alt who can do it and use the mule as seal supply.

A lot of people still do BCNM60, but the drop rate is just so bad you would think nobody does it anymore because you only ever see a handful on AH at any given time.

I have an LS mate who is on a quest to get it. He claims to be 0/1100(ish) - his words - and still hasn't received it. But that's the name of the game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-07 13:46:43  
generally no one earns beastmen seals anymore - they don't drop from 99+ and everyone gets pl'd

generally no one bothers to obtain seals from login points to do up in arms because the effort:reward is basically zero

Time is money, its more cost effective to just grab a savory shank and sell it for 400k than it is to try (and fail) at a .001% drop regardless of ease. Do I think about taking 18x16 accounts and trying to get A SINGLE KC from it.... sometimes. Never actually will though.
By joemamma 2021-09-07 13:55:58  

65% of the time using random percentages to prove a point works 100% of the time.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-07 13:58:09  
I actually did that some time ago. Had a lot of beastman seals, I guess I made like 1M just npcing oxblood but the drop rate is shite.

There isnt that many things to do with login points imo. The other thing was just buying savories to get Dring for my 1$ mules.
By SimonSes 2021-09-07 14:24:49  

65% of the time using random percentages to prove a point works 100% of the time.

Pointless suggestion to use gils elsewhere are even less accurate. If someone has 400M and want to buy Kraken Club he probably dont give a ***about your suggestion to spend gils elsewhere or he just have everything that he wanted to buy. The chance he will read your comment after saving/getting gils for KC and be like "OH ***! I might indeed buy something else" is close to zero.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-09-07 14:53:43  
Is there like a limit to the amount you can skill up in a day or something? Thanks to the insanely fast leveling this game has now, my Geomancy and Handbell skills fell really far behind. I wouldn't be caught dead in an actual party with skills like this, so I wanted to spam some Indi spells on myself on the side while I was working.

Summoned Moogle, ate a B.E.W. Pitaru, donned my Temachtiani Shirt and Gloves, started spamming. Got up to about 190 in each skill and... that was it. No more. Up to this point I was getting about one skill-up per 1-2 spell-casts. Now I've cast over 60 with no skill-ups at all.

I'm barely halfway there and it won't let me skill-up off of myself anymore? D:
First Page 2 3 ... 713 714 715 ... 838 839 840