Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 715 716 717 ... 831 832 833
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-13 13:16:57  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
This was where I envy my brother who took the time to level his adventuring fellow to 99.

She counted as a mob, not a player (like trusts) and skilled up extremely fast on skills like healing magic and enhancing magic

Trusts count as a mob too, I've been recommending using 119 trusts for magic skill forever. No need for adventuring fellow.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-09-13 14:15:31  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
This was where I envy my brother who took the time to level his adventuring fellow to 99.

She counted as a mob, not a player (like trusts) and skilled up extremely fast on skills like healing magic and enhancing magic

Trusts count as a mob too, I've been recommending using 119 trusts for magic skill forever. No need for adventuring fellow.

That's good to know. Anecdotally I had not experienced similar skillup rates on trusts (when I leveled BLU), but that is excellent. I capped all my other skills long ago, before trusts existed.
By alamihgo 2021-09-13 14:17:15  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
alamihgo said: »
In light of the Shinryu battlefield, could someone refresh my memory:

Are you talking about if you look "down" in that BC you see architecture below? I always thought that the nexus in Qufim brought you to a stellar landscape above Vana'diel, and that structure below is actually Delfkutt's Tower.
Look again. The object occluding the sun isn't the moon and the white, pockmarked wasteland definitely isn't snow.

I just can't recall what the moonzilart were doing other than giving Yoshida another chunk of FFXI to rip off 10 years later.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-13 17:04:47  
The Zilart didn't do that; remember that Shinryu happens in the Abyssea timeline when Promathia absorbs Selh'teus, Phoenix, and your character, and evolves to a higher form. It's never said why Al'taieu is on the moon in Abyssea, just that it "ascended" there after Promathia won.

During the normal storyline, Al'taieu was at the Sea of Shu'Meyo, but in an alternate dimension. By the time we visit, it was gradually returning to the normal dimension via the connection it had with the 5th Mothercrystal.
By Zubis 2021-09-14 00:06:57  
Did they ever add Iroha's Master's outfit to the game?

I want to wear my future duds.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-09-14 00:15:49  
Zubis said: »
Did they ever add Iroha's Master's outfit to the game?

I want to wear my future duds.

I don't remember those gloves being in the CS, but:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Tessera_Saio
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Marduk%27s_Dastanas
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dinner_Hose
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-09-14 11:33:39  
Are any of those weapons on the Bonanza worth getting. They seem niche at best, like the katana for AoE shadows. How do the rest line up
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-14 11:51:32  
A lot of them are. Ice Brand/Flametongue look neat for the WS stat boost in the OH, but Onion Knife III is an "All Jobs" 119 Sword with a very good WS, according to the modifiers on FBII. The shield is really interesting as well, especially the SC Duration+ stat. Depending on how long that duration extension is, it adds even more damage to nukers, so it's quite a neat addition in a MB kind of strat. And with all of the recent buffs to PLD and Curing, Save The Queen III looks handy for some non-whm styled events. The Katana is pretty bonkers too, if you care about Ninja.

Doesn't matter because it's locked behind Bonanza.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-14 12:32:30  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Save The Queen III looks handy for some non-whm styled events.
With Majesty that sword is mostly useless for cures, Majesty adds +25% Cure Pot II so you only gain +5 II from that sword since cap is +30.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-14 14:18:02  
Oh I didn't realize the cure Pot II stat from Majesty trait contributed to the cap the same as gear. Otherwise what is the point of that stat on sword if you can't break the cap? Because you wouldn't normally not use Majesty. Weird.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-14 15:54:51  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
With Majesty that sword is mostly useless for cures, Majesty adds +25% Cure Pot II so you only gain +5 II from that sword since cap is +30.
I couldn't find a source for Majesty being considered Cure Potency II, just one making a guess that it was.

Looking over the gear, the only way for a PLD to get >5 Potency II in gear (so as to see if Majesty counts towards the 30 cap of II) without the sword in question is with Janniston Ring +1, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was never actually tested. It could easily be it's own specific thing.
By Zubis 2021-09-15 13:33:08  

...I think I had that on a slip. Thanks!
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-09-15 15:33:19  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Asura.Wotasu said: »
I couldn't find a source for Majesty being considered Cure Potency II, just one making a guess that it was.

Looking over the gear, the only way for a PLD to get >5 Potency II in gear (so as to see if Majesty counts towards the 30 cap of II) without the sword in question is with Janniston Ring +1, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was never actually tested. It could easily be it's own specific thing.

This was tested, but on Discord. Credit goes to Thefoxdanger
I'll add it do bgwiki Majesty page I suppose c.c
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tace
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2021-09-15 18:12:08  
story wise Prishie says she used last of her powers to warp altaiu to the moon to prevent shin from destorying everything else in vanadiel its why shes stuck up there all alone.....idk why i remember useless lore tidbits.
By Rips 2021-09-15 18:15:04  
Carbuncle.Tace said: »
story wise Prishie says she used last of her powers to warp altaiu to the moon to prevent shin from destorying everything else in vanadiel its why shes stuck up there all alone.....idk why i remember useless lore tidbits.

You remember it because it's Prishe and Prishe is freaking awesome.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-09-15 20:24:55  
Carbuncle.Tace said: »
Actually, I checked all the relevant cutscenes and NPC dialogue (including what NPC Prishe says before you beat the Shinryu mission), and she never says anything of the sort.

The only mention of why it's on the moon is by Esha'ntarl, who says that Al'taieu "ascended" to the moon after Promathia beat the heroes.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-16 00:29:26  
Does anyone offhand know the best item to convert conquest points into gil?

I'm currently trading in Centurion's Axes at a rate of 1 conquest points = 1.07175 gil. So 100,000 conq points = 107175 gil. (4000cp/4287gil).

Mainly cause sparks generation is relatively slow, and I need a lotta dough for spells and junk. Got all my gobbiebags done, and fames except Windurst maxed(soon).

Now that I'm putting up my own FFXI vids in this rather dry LP, getting a lot of Ruaumoko content as well as a Nu Linkshell podcast thing? Was kinda cool, made me think about trying to include a webcam in recording, sort of a psuedo stream.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-16 01:25:53  
Does anybody of the coding expert people here have any clue how to make a Discord-bot? Thorny? Simonses?

Yesterday I went at a friend's place and noticed in his WoW guild they don't have a website, not a custom one and not even in one of the websites specialized in hosting guilds (like Guildwork used to be for FFXI but there are many others for WoW)

They just have a Discord server, on which they loaded up a "Raid bot". This allows them to schedule raids and people can sign up and the bot handles everything regarding upcoming raids, attendance and so on.
Now that's built for WoW of course, with WoW raids and roles etc, but it would be pretty neat to have something similar for an FFXI LS who manages weekly events so I'm really wondering how hard it would be to create a similar bot but built for FFXI needs.

One big difference I see is that WoW has fixed roles for the event (Healer, ranged physical dps, melee physical dps, ranged magical dps, Tank) whereas in FFXI things are a bit harder to fit into that model, and also we have the issue with people having multiple jobs that cover different roles...
Now this could be a big issue I guess, but aside from that it would still be useful to manage if not roles at least attendance
 Bahamut.Graeme
user: Murphie
By Bahamut.Graeme 2021-09-16 01:44:45  
I've seen FFXI Linkshells use an event bot. I just can't recall which one off the top of my head. But they definitely exist.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-16 01:58:37  
The only one I can think of is the "Guilded" one. But it requires your LS to have an account on Guilded and have a page/site there for your LS.

It's basically not a proper raid-handling bot like the WoW one I'm talking about, but it's more a "connector" between Discord and Guilded.

Anyway, found out they're written in Python! There's a specific Discord API you can use and you can code everything directly on the discord interface.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-16 03:43:42  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Does anybody of the coding expert people here have any clue how to make a Discord-bot? Thorny? Simonses?

First thing I would do is a quick search on google and find a list of ready-to-use bots as I think its unlikely everyone is writting their own bot from scratch.

Then, there is a list of 10 "best" discord bots in 2021:
https://startupbonsai.com/best-discord-bots/

I didnt see if thats a paid service or what it actually does, but most likely its just a matter of installing and configuring a bot to get it running.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-09-16 04:32:29  
I found out there's a generic raid planner that's not WoW specific

https://raidorganizer.org/

Would have to install it on one of my private servers and test it out to see how much I can "adapt" it to work decently for FFXI.
Supposing the bot has lots of configuration settings, it could be doable with that without programming a new specific FFXI bot from scratch.
 Bahamut.Graeme
user: Murphie
By Bahamut.Graeme 2021-09-16 16:27:23  
I remembered. The couple of linkshells I saw using it used Apollo:

https://bots.ondiscord.xyz/bots/475744554910351370
By Shichishito 2021-09-17 01:09:42  
why are there a few WS with 2 level 2 skillchain properties like ground strike/mordant rime/death blossom but all of them have fragmentation/distortion? why are there none with fusion/gravitation or a different mix of lvl 2s.
why are there only a few with 2 lvl 2s to begin with?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-17 01:24:07  
Shichishito said: »
why are there a few WS with 2 level 2 skillchain properties like ground strike/mordant rime/death blossom but all of them have fragmentation/distortion? why are there none with fusion/gravitation or a different mix of lvl 2s.

Having two level 2 skillchain properties is kind a hit or miss deal. It's actually the same way with level 1 skillchain properties, but it's less noticeable because those don't generally interfere with level 3 skillchaining.

The purpose is so that the weaponskills can open one level 3 skill chain and close another. It's been a long time since I considered skillchain properties, but if I recall correctly, a weaponskill that is Fragmentation/Distortion can open for Darkness and close Light skillchains(I think Light can go either way since Frag is the primary).

It can also skillchain with itself, Ground Strike > Ground Strike produces Distortion, iirc. I think... It's been a long time though, so I'm probably wrong. But it's kinda like how Tachi: Enpi has Transfixion/Scission(pardon my edit I dumb) and doing it with itself makes Distortion but from level 1 properties.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2021-09-17 02:01:23  
Dark and Light skillchains are omni-directional, meaning you can open and close in any order (Gravitation > Distortion and Distortion > Gravitation will both make Darkness for example). The level 1/2 skillchains are the ones where the order of the level 1 properties matters.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-17 02:11:54  
Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
Dark and Light skillchains are omni-directional, meaning you can open and close in any order (Gravitation > Distortion and Distortion > Gravitation will both make Darkness for example). The level 1/2 skillchains are the ones where the order of the level 1 properties matters.

Yes, but in this case, because Fragmentation is the primary property, if you attempt to close Darkness, it will result in Fragmentation, because the primaries always interact first.

Gravitation -> Fragmentation = Fragmentation.

As I remember it, Ground Strike cannot close Darkness, only open it.

For a theoretical Fusion/Grav weaponskill, it could close and open Light off of Frag, but if it tried to close Darkness it'd just make Fusion. I'm guessing they never wanted to make one, because it would have allowed for some crazy strong closers back in the day, and they don't make one in contemporary times because it's better to keep skillchaining simple.
By Pantafernando 2021-09-17 02:45:36  

Probably those selections were decided to provide some sort of balance at their time.

Having two lv2 properties is actually a strong trait. So, its not like they would be giving it to every single job.

How they ended with current distribution, thats something Just SE can answer but im pretty confident is related to job balance aiming to bring diversity of jobs to fight together.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-09-17 05:16:04  
it be pretty cool and simple to stay within lvl 2 skillchain circle with just 2 WS tho.

ground strike = fragmentation/distortion
awesome ws = fusion/gravitation

could go ground strike -> ground strike -> awesome ws -> awesome ws.

would be even cooler if there were fragmentation/fusion and distortion/gravitation couples, could take turns with just 2 WS and always stay within lvl 2 properties until one decides to escalate it to lvl 3.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-09-17 05:39:34  
it be pretty cool and simple to stay within lvl 2 skillchain circle with just 2 WS tho.

ground strike = fragmentation/distortion
awesome ws = fusion/gravitation

could go ground strike -> ground strike -> awesome ws -> awesome ws.

would be even cooler if there were fragmentation/fusion and distortion/gravitation couples, could take turns with just 2 WS and always stay within lvl 2 properties until one decides to escalate it to lvl 3.

I don't remember the limit, but there's a limited number of times you can actually chain together skillchains. I think it's a total of 4 skillchains? Idk, someone with more knowledge in current times where this sort of stuff is possible and not more strictly relegated to SAMs with Soboros will have to comment.

Also, keep in mind that depending on what level 2 is the primary, results won't be quite so amazing. Primaries always interact first, so even with another level 2 as a property, it'll only be relevant for use as the opening weaponskill.
First Page 2 3 ... 715 716 717 ... 831 832 833