Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 671 672 673 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-26 18:58:35  
Eh it's soulcrushing on assura but merely an annoyance at best anywhere else. (bots)
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2020-10-27 03:23:10  
Does detonator/empyreal arrow have the same racc bonus on ws as namas/coro/melee ?
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 06:44:38  
Is there a website that shows every armor with an image linked to it? I usually just check ffxiah but not every armor has an image.

off topic but while looking for this I was surprised how active the account selling market is for ffxi still, a lot are probably stolen but still.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-27 07:08:14  
Not quite stolen.

Its just a branch of business to RMTs, creating several accounts and complete requirements like missions or access, one or two jobs, then sell it for other types of RMT to actually profit from it just running contents like salvage, omen, dynamis, etc. saving them time to build accounts.

The other day, when i went to south gustamberg to test some stuffs on fodders there, there was an alliance of galkas, low lv, just running loosely killing shits there.

All of them lv synced, im not sure if they were actually farming spark/accolade to sell then reset the account or preparing them to future sales.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-27 11:26:17  
The character market is another thing that blows my mind. People paying $200+ for ***that they could do in a day.

It's actually crazy. $180 for 6 new accounts, 99 em, master em, clear the minimum amount of stuff, abuse them for ambuscade gil, then sell the character as blank starters for $1000+ every week or two. Literally free money.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-27 11:48:57  
I dunno why people even buy the accounts, since it's so easy for the original owner to take it back after anyway. All they have to do is contact support.

They could sell you an account, let you gear it up more and then take it back from you a year later. These accounts are sold on so many times the person that sold you the account might not even be the person that takes it back.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2020-10-27 14:57:06  
I'll never understand people dumping extra money to play less game. Especially this one. Final Fantasy XI doesn't wait until the level cap to start being fun and enjoyable.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-27 15:24:13  
I’d have GLADLY paid SE $20-30 to skip missions on my mules. Doing everything 4 times is a *** drag.

Not everyone plays this game for the storyline. It should be skippable (for a price).
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-10-28 02:34:36  
Does anybody know which lines need to be edited in Enemybar to make text appear above the HP bar?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-28 17:52:37  
Can the Master Trial weapons be stored in any Storage Slip?
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-28 22:14:25  
Looking for tips on Kei. Group has a pretty narrow job range, and the BG wiki lists a pretty narrow job range for strategies.

My group consists of: THF/GEO/MNK, PLD/BLU, WHM, BRD/BLM/THF

We took out Gin with THF, PLD, WHM, BRD. Kei looks like I'd murder myself off his spikes though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-28 22:26:46  
The answer to all of life's quandaries is just use 5/5 malignance

How you should go about actually killing it though, I guess if no geo wasn't a deal breaker on gin, do it the same but have brd/blm (even small nukes take off regen)

or solo it on mnk have pld use +5 naked cor
Quote:
MNK, GEO, nakedCOR, BRD, Healer

4 step SC to break shield and double light, have geo dismiss bubble on any skillchain that would break a damage threshold(75/50/25/10) and monk stay in alone with cureskin up, should have about 300-500 HP to spare after eating a 2500 damage fullers. Mantra to have more extra HP if its up, but not mandatory. Extra march to counteract the slow is helpful. TK > Shijin > Shijin > VS with Godhands or Asuran > TK > VS > VS without. --Trumpet (talk) 03:02, 20 September 2020 (EDT)
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-10-29 02:50:38  
Asura.Sechs said: »
You can trade items to the Porter Moogle and he will say if it can be stored and which Slip.
Testing to trade mine to the Moogle had no effect, so answer is No.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-10-29 02:59:20  
What type of weapon skill (single hit, multi hit w or w/o ftp scaling etc ), and under what conditions would stacking PDL+ be optimal, or are we just not there yet gear-wise?
By SimonSes 2020-10-29 03:08:09  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The answer to all of life's quandaries is just use 5/5 malignance

How you should go about actually killing it though, I guess if no geo wasn't a deal breaker on gin, do it the same but have brd/blm (even small nukes take off regen)

or solo it on mnk have pld use +5 naked cor
Quote:
MNK, GEO, nakedCOR, BRD, Healer

4 step SC to break shield and double light, have geo dismiss bubble on any skillchain that would break a damage threshold(75/50/25/10) and monk stay in alone with cureskin up, should have about 300-500 HP to spare after eating a 2500 damage fullers. Mantra to have more extra HP if its up, but not mandatory. Extra march to counteract the slow is helpful. TK > Shijin > Shijin > VS with Godhands or Asuran > TK > VS > VS without. --Trumpet (talk) 03:02, 20 September 2020 (EDT)

Good approach, but BRD should go /sch, not /blm. I think you need to actually make more than 0 damage with those nukes to take regen off. I remember having trouble doing it on DRK few years ago. I ended up using tier III nukes I think to go above 0 damage. /sch dark arts will set BRD elemental magic to 370+merits (Anyone know why its 370 anyway? Every info about Arts saying they bring skills to B+, but 370 is not a B+) and with enough macc gear you will be able to probably do it with tier I or tier II.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-29 03:09:19  
Asura.Wotasu said: »
You can trade items to the Porter Moogle and he will say if it can be stored and which Slip.
Thank you ;< ;< ;< ;<
By Autocast 2020-10-29 03:35:24  
Quote:
Good approach, but BRD should go /sch, not /blm. I think you need to actually make more than 0 damage with those nukes to take regen off. I remember having trouble doing it on DRK few years ago. I ended up using tier III nukes I think to go above 0 damage. /sch dark arts will set BRD elemental magic to 370+merits (Anyone know why its 370 anyway? Every info about Arts saying they bring skills to B+, but 370 is not a B+) and with enough macc gear you will be able to probably do it with tier I or tier II.

You don't need to use nukes to remove kei's regen if you are multi stepping. Edit: See you were talking about doing it without multi stepping I guess, nvm.

Like was said above,

Monk - only person on kei, 3-4 step skillchain, Kenda/malig set preferred for Meva

Naked +5 cor - sam roll alone makes multi stepping more reliable and chaos roll on top will speed things up

Whm - Barfira, make sure monk is topped with cureskin at 75/50/25/10 if you aren't running out of fuller range on monk

Brd - You want to stack marches to overhaste on his slow spikes to not disrupt skillchaining, not sure if you have aeonic but Soulvoice honor + Victory is enough in my experience, substitute honor for advancing if you dont have it. Madrigal and minuet or dark carol based on your needs.

The spikes dont do meaningful damage, its more the slow effect from wind spikes that causes issues. Just engage and 4 step over and over and he will melt before NiTro songs wear off. Just pay attention to fuller hp thresholds and deal with it either through topping the monk or having the monk run 11-12' from it then back in after. Don't overthink it, not much more to it than that.

You can also use blu, geo, brd, whm from your listed jobs with the blu just taking the monks role (flat > burning > savage > cdc) Have the geo frailty and fury or indi haste based on your needs. Remember if you use a geo the luopan adds 2500 damage from fullers so will have to run out unless you have decent hp with considerable cureskin up.
By SimonSes 2020-10-29 04:48:13  
I think its still good to go /sch in case something bad happens and you will need to for example hold it for few minuets with MNK weakened. Also you can simply unsummon Luopan before Fuller and put it back after.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-29 05:49:36  
Asura.Wotasu said: »

Though you dont need to go that far to know this as BG already says to you if an item can be stored in porter, and if it can, tells which one to use

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-29 10:35:00  
MNK, WHM, BRD should be able to do Kei.
MNK does Asuran Fists > Howling Fist > Victory Smite > Victory Smite to make fusion and then double light.
Make sure to run out of range of fullers
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2020-10-29 18:13:25  
Do tp affect the range of AOE ws such a circle blade or cyclone ?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-29 18:43:52  
Should be in the tooltip if it does. Fell Cleave's range increases, for example. Cyclone's damage increases with TP.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-29 19:57:39  
Any of you pick up the chocobo commode? How many storage is it?

A: Only 6, weak.
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Chocobo_Commode
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-29 21:11:12  
Where can Fewell be bought?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-29 21:17:25  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Synergy_Engineer
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-29 21:21:39  
Asura.Bippin said: »
MNK does Asuran Fists > Howling Fist > Victory Smite > Victory Smite to make fusion and then double light.

Is this better than TK > Shijin x3 for Radiance?
By pawnoee 2020-10-30 01:09:32  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Asura.Bippin said: »

Is this better than TK > Shijin x3 for Radiance?
yes
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-30 18:17:47  
What red mage trusts will cast Haste II on more than just the player who summoned them?
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-30 18:19:30  
koru-moru does
First Page 2 3 ... 671 672 673 ... 836 837 838