Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 670 671 672 ... 831 832 833
By Pantafernando 2020-10-22 18:27:17  
If you at least got september update, then you didnt lose muchas octomber was purposelly weak for the upcoming “big” update in nov.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-10-23 01:48:27  
Cerberus.Echohawk said: »
I'm trying to quad box WoC. BG says T1 spam can lock out 1hrs. Is 3-4 characters subbing rdm going to be enough? It sounds like damage dealt does not matter, so could /RUN help too? Also would Heady Artifice triggered 1hrs lockout 1hrs as well? He's such a pain to pop, and I only have 3 so I don't wanna mess it up.
I'm planning on going PUP tank/GEO/Roll COR/SMN.
Alternatively I could Real COR/GEO/BRD/RUN.

PWWWEEEEASE MISTEW OWBAWMA I'LL DO ANYYYTHING UwU

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-10-23 09:37:40  

Wasn't there something about WoC ignoring puppet hate when it first came out?

3-4 characters is enough to win, but you'll have to be very highly geared with a solid plan and effective multiboxing. I believe there's a video of a crocea rdm soloing it that could be helpful.
 Bahamut.Punishment
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Punishment 2020-10-23 11:23:30  
So I'm at a quandary. My biggest barrier lately is Bahamut seems to be having a shortage of tanks, so I'm consdiering making one. I have 2 characters. My better geared character is a WHM thats halfway to a Yagrush and my 2nd account is a BRD with Gjallar/Daurdabla. If I can set the 2nd character up as a tank I can WHM for myself. But the 2nd account is missing key things like D Ring, so it'd be a lot easier to set up the tank on my main.

Curious what others would do in this situation. Leaning towards PLD for the alt and RUN for the main just because I have imprimaturs done for Epeo, but only gonna do one or the other. I'd be getting both shields for the alt if I do PLD.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-23 11:54:24  
Well, at this point in game, there is really no reason to not to have all jobs leveled, and eventually multiple masters.

If youre looking what tank to do, PLD or RUN, general consensus is that RUN currently has an advantage over PLD. But surely this is a matter of personal preference.

Also, probably you gonna want the BRD char available given trust BRD sucks while a well geared tank can make up with low curing needs. So, tank + BRD gonna be more useful in a long run than Tank + healer.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-23 11:59:47  
Anyone know why prices are crashing semi-hard lately?

At least on Asura, I can't say for other servers though.
By SimonSes 2020-10-23 12:01:36  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

No gils from Sparks finally starting to have impact?
No $ for gils, because of covid?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-23 12:06:19  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

No gils from Sparks finally starting to have impact?
No $ for gils, because of covid?
I don't think that's the case.

If I'm reading everything correctly, there is a large supply of mats now, and not the event mats like Vagary during campaign, but Omen mats and other stuff.

Even Kraken Clubs are selling for 100+ mil less than roughly 2-3 months ago.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-23 12:10:19  
While price oscillated up and low (and had different directions according to the specific type of item) I'd dare to say that since the Sparks/Accolades patch the majority of stuff has started to go down on Asura.

Again, it oscillates up and low, but the overall tendency is clearly towards going down.
Over the last 1-2 months it seems this process got a slight acceleration though.

I think there is a clear connection with the Sparks/Accolades patch.
With the other 2 exploits being fixed and with the amount of duped medals being finally over.
Add all these things together and I think it sorta makes sense people are less willing to spend gazilions of gil for anything.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-23 12:14:07  
But maybe there is another exploit running out there?

I just checked on several servers about beastmen and kindred medal markets, and noticed that weird named chars have been buying loads of those in a couple of servers.

Maybe RMT managed to build escutcheon chars? Or something more fishy going on
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-23 12:16:20  
Asura.Sechs said: »
While price oscillated up and low (and had different directions according to the specific type of item) I'd dare to say that since the Sparks/Accolades patch the majority of stuff has started to go down on Asura.

Again, it oscillates up and low, but the overall tendency is clearly towards going down.
Over the last 1-2 months it seems this process got a slight acceleration though.

I think there is a clear connection with the Sparks/Accolades patch.
With the other 2 exploits being fixed and with the amount of duped medals being finally over.
Add all these things together and I think it sorta makes sense people are less willing to spend gazilions of gil for anything.
You might be right.

Honestly doesn't affect my gil-making process at all. My stuff are still selling at the prescribed rate and price.

Pantafernando said: »
But maybe there is another exploit running out there?

I just checked on several servers about beastmen and kindred medal markets, and noticed that weird named chars have been buying loads of those in a couple of servers.

Maybe RMT managed to build escutcheon chars? Or something more fishy going on
I wonder what it is.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-23 12:16:53  
There never isn't something "fishy" going on
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-23 12:18:37  
Botting isn't fishy, it's an open secret.

Neither is RMT.

But I'm just curious as what the latest "exploit" is, if there is one.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-23 12:47:05  
The price of everything has dropped significantly lately.

Delve mats have been botted so much they're less than 1/2 the price they were last Delve campaign.

It's practically impossible to merc anything and make it worth your time now; RMT doing Ambuscade/WoC/Ou/Reisen/Aeonics/ 24/7.

Noticed the prices on +2 necks and the very few -1 pieces I still need have dropped pretty heavily.

Also noticed that there's barely any shouts to do content this month. Not many ambuscade/omen/dynamis pick-up shouts even on Asura.

Think everyone's getting broke/capped out on gear/tired of grinding mythics.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-23 12:55:42  
Hey, I am all for the Alexs being as cheap as they are.

I'm just 57 mil away from my next mythic now. Which is roughly halfway done on Alexs honestly.

If mythics are dropping to 120 mil, I'm all for it!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-23 13:02:02  
A year of no new gear, no (good) job upgrades, no new content, yeah everyone should be bored and <taking a break.> so goods are on a downward trend.

A person can only (be satisfied) salvage omen odyssey dyna ambuscade gil grinding for so long.
[+]
 Bahamut.Punishment
By Bahamut.Punishment 2020-10-23 14:12:42  
Pantafernando said: »
So, tank + BRD gonna be more useful in a long run than Tank + healer.

I was kinda thinking that. My BRD also has GEO and COR mastered. and I have master BST/PUP on my main, i'm just not finding those fit into parties.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-23 14:38:04  
If you are talking in a context of joining both chars with others real players, i would not recomend doing healing + anything else given how focus you need on healing duties, while with BRD/GEO you can just drop buffs and afk.

Thats more reason to keeping the buff chars as its.
By Rips 2020-10-23 15:34:23  
Prices are dropping due to a mix of reasons.

1) Botting over time * numerous bots

2) People are still managing to exploit HQs.

3) People are capped on gear / content, leading to repeat the same crap and fill the AH with cheaper materials / excess of them because there’s nothing else to do.

4) The big one - Sparks patch.

The in game economy is going through a correction much like when the stock market is riding high.

The biggest issue coming for us all is the lack of content. People say this game will never die but I don’t buy that ***at all.

Sure, November is going to have an update that’s supposedly supposed to be juicy - beside the popular appreciation campaigns. Shoel D? Brand new battle content? Who knows.

Here’s to hoping that the “final” 20th anniversary content that’s promised to us - and still not coming for another year and a half - is something on the scale of Abyssea or Escha and will tie the game over for a few more final years. That’ll please the player base / elites / casuals / RMT.

We just have to get there.
By Draylo 2020-10-23 15:41:35  
I do think it will continue, all we need is something like Escha or Abyssea to keep us going another few years along with job updates and random small stuff like HTB. Something on that scale is needed because the content drought is really rough right now.

They are probably still pulling in decent numbers and I'm sure they plan to sell the new storage space for 2~3 dollars so everyone with their 6+ mules can buy it and feed money to the game.
 Cerberus.Echohawk
user: echohawk
By Cerberus.Echohawk 2020-10-23 21:26:53  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

Wasn't there something about WoC ignoring puppet hate when it first came out?

3-4 characters is enough to win, but you'll have to be very highly geared with a solid plan and effective multiboxing. I believe there's a video of a crocea rdm soloing it that could be helpful.
I only saw the one mention of WoC ignoring pup hate, but I wasn't sure if it was a confirmed thing or not. My main 4 jobs are well geared, and if pup can tank, the biggest threat is surviving Mijjin Gakure. I saw the RDM solo and he seemed to proc with en-spells even prior to equipping Crocea, I just wanted to be sure if the amount of damage is irrelevant or not.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-23 21:48:42  
NMs with scaling HP, do trusts impact their HP?
By Pantafernando 2020-10-24 02:07:03  
AFAIK, no.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-10-24 03:18:40  
Where the Pumpkins at?
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-10-24 03:21:03  
Draylo said: »
Where the Pumpkins at?

Are there 89 per city or the whole world?
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2020-10-24 10:48:09  
I'm wondering if they've replaced the Mog Tablets with pumpkins or something. I couldn't find anything in Windy Waters, or N Sandy.

9 pumpkin furnishings?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-10-26 18:00:58  
Looking at Kouryu and Warder of Courage. Are these infeasible to do without very specific job setups or an alliance? My little group is relatively narrow still in geared jobs. Don't need much from them but would like a drop or two.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-26 18:04:08  
Nope, any good enough cp party can do it. Nothing special about them.

May need second tank to hold kouryu adds.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-10-26 18:47:22  
WoC pops are a pain to build so do research and make sure your party can counter whatever WoC throws at you. if it takes that long to build a pop its soul crushing to see it going to waste.
First Page 2 3 ... 670 671 672 ... 831 832 833