Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 533 534 535 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-11 22:06:05  
Quote:
This quest cannot be started if you have the quest The Tenshodo Showdown or Windurst Mission 2-1 active.

There are other quest-blocks too, see if you have any windy quests active.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-04-12 02:19:00  
Gear related question:

For WS build neck slot specifically, 75 cap era Drakesbane. Would .1 ftp multiplier on WS Gorget or 40 attack win out assuming capped accuracy?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 02:39:57  
I don't want to distract from your question, but I have to wonder what neck has 40 attack on it

Would assume the standard response applies; capped attack use gorget, uncapped attack use crazy +40 neck piece
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2018-04-12 02:50:22  
DaneBlood said: »
What is requires to start Mihgo's Amigo mission for norg fame ?

Access to norg and goth both khazham ariship pass and boarding pass
Have tenshodo members card KI
Rng is leveled to lvlv99 already so its not that blocking the mission.

Yet still she does not give me the ability to start the Mihgo's Amigo mission.
Are you sure you don't have a THF AF quest active?
By yess 2018-04-12 03:23:59  
hey all

anyone knows how to change the pol source file in which windower4

is trying to boot please? I have a new pc with the following specs

and I copied the whole game on an external from my old pc and

into the new one but whenever I try to launch windower4 I get an

error message (both PCs are windows 10 64bit and yes I'm fairly

sure it's not from windows security),so I'm thinking it might be

from the source file in windows4 or something similar but I don't

know how to edit/change the pol url in windower4 to make sure

it's the correct one.any help is appreciated :D

new pc specs :

GPU: Asus strix 1080ti OC edition
CPU: I7-7700k
Mboard: Asus Maximus ix formula
SSD: Samsung 850 pro 1TB
Ram: corsair vengeance LPX 16gb
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-04-12 04:09:15  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't want to distract from your question, but I have to wonder what neck has 40 attack on it

Would assume the standard response applies; capped attack use gorget, uncapped attack use crazy +40 neck piece

It's not a normal neck piece that was available back in 2009 era FFXI. It's a custom item added as a work around to grant mythic weaponskills, but someone recently found it has a hidden attack+ 45 buff on it for some odd reason. Intentional or not it's there, so I wanted to know if it was worth using or not lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-12 04:34:59  
45 attack on 75level content sounds like a pretty pretty pretty huge buff considering the numbers you could get on gear back then. We're talking about private servers here, right?
Still, depending on the WS, the number of hits and the damage formula implemented, not sure if it's gonna beat a WS gorget.

"It depends". On a hunch I would say the further away you are from being attack capped, the more likely that att+45 neckpiece will likely produce better results than the WS gorget.
And right now I'm thinking about 1hit TP-damage reliant WSs like Tachi Gekko, Kasha etc.

The more hits you have on a WS, the less relevant TP is, the better the +45 neck becomes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-04-12 06:33:57  
Asura.Sechs said: »
45 attack on 75level content sounds like a pretty pretty pretty huge buff considering the numbers you could get on gear back then. We're talking about private servers here, right?
Still, depending on the WS, the number of hits and the damage formula implemented, not sure if it's gonna beat a WS gorget.

"It depends". On a hunch I would say the further away you are from being attack capped, the more likely that att+45 neckpiece will likely produce better results than the WS gorget.
And right now I'm thinking about 1hit TP-damage reliant WSs like Tachi Gekko, Kasha etc.

The more hits you have on a WS, the less relevant TP is, the better the +45 neck becomes.

It really is a huge amount of attack on one item for that time period lol. That's why it caught me so off guard when someone informed me of it, and I confirmed it for myself. And yes, it's a private server with players doing the majority of coding for it. I guess they aren't currently able to get a working version of the Mythic WS Quest going, so this is a temporary workaround they came up with in the mean time. Whether the +45 attack on the item itself was intentional or not I have no idea.

I was thinking the same as far as single and multi hit WS go, but wasn't entirely sure how much attack would be needed to make it better than a gorget for something like Tachi: Kaiten or Catastrophe. Which benefit a lot more from attack over Str from my understanding of the WSs?

Basically, what this boils down to is: part of the custom quest to obtain this neckpiece and subsequently the mythic WS involves re-leveling that specific job from 1-75 again. And I want to figure out what jobs this would be worth doing that for. Currently have it for Drg, so this piece seems good for Drakesbane for sure. Debating, Sam, Drk, Rng, Nin though too now for Kaiten, Catastrophe, Coronach, Metsu sets possibly.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-12 07:59:42  
Pretty confident it's godly for any multihit WS.
Especially if you're not attack capped but good luck getting capped on highest level stuff those days, so I wouldn't really consider that a likely scenario, which means the neckpiece is pretty much always gonna be useful.

It's harder for 1hit WS I guess, depending on their Mods % and TP effect.
For 1hit WS with high % mod and Damage over TP effect (like Kasha, Gekko and such) it's gonna be hard to tell where the threshold is.
Of course it depends on the current target and your buffs.
I.e. the difference between your att and his def.

On a further note, Kasha and Gekko had a hidden attack multiplier (supposing it's been coded in the private server).
Which on one hand could mean "easier to get closer to the att cap" (i.e. neckpiece would lose to gorget)
On the other hand though it could mean "that +45 attack becomes even more thanks to the multiplier" if you're nowhere close to the att cap, making the neckpiece even better than it would normally be.
By maxiel 2018-04-12 08:30:20  
Is there a way to remove augments for Escha or Reisenjima gear so I can mule them?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-12 08:32:43  
maxiel said: »
Is there a way to remove augments for Escha or Reisenjima gear so I can mule them?
iWish but alas no.
Has been requested, if I recall, by a JP player some time ago but they said NOPE.
i.e. don't expect it coming in the near future, if ever.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Selindrile
By Asura.Selindrile 2018-04-13 05:16:45  
Reasonably sure Compensator only needs to be worn for the Phantom Roll, doesn't do anything during Double Up, right?

Less sure about Luzaf's Ring, does wearing it during double up increase radius of effect when doubling up?
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-04-14 08:17:34  
Does anyone know if you get 13th shadow from Occultation at 650 blue magic skill?
[+]
By geigei 2018-04-14 08:58:11  
Only if shamash is equiped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2018-04-14 09:51:00  
Where's the latest FFXIview? I usually downloaded it from windower forums but those don't seem to exist anymore.
I seem to be having problems getting a controller to properly work on my new laptop. It seems familiar enough that I know there's a solution i found before but i'd like to try and find a way without installing new/custom drivers for something that should already work.
THe D pad doesn't respond when I try to calibrate it (or at all really). Xinput is greyed out on the config(but still checked when i hit setup E in the config. Buttons are mashed up but that's easy to fix via trial and error.

On an unrelated note the laptop likes to randomly reset without my permission and there doesn't seem to be an option to disable this in the update settings.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-04-14 11:33:46  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Where's the latest FFXIview? I usually downloaded it from windower forums but those don't seem to exist anymore.
I seem to be having problems getting a controller to properly work on my new laptop. It seems familiar enough that I know there's a solution i found before but i'd like to try and find a way without installing new/custom drivers for something that should already work.
THe D pad doesn't respond when I try to calibrate it (or at all really). Xinput is greyed out on the config(but still checked when i hit setup E in the config. Buttons are mashed up but that's easy to fix via trial and error.

On an unrelated note the laptop likes to randomly reset without my permission and there doesn't seem to be an option to disable this in the update settings.

Here is the most up-to-date XIView i believe: https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View
By tyalangan 2018-04-14 11:34:48  
geigei said: »

I do not understand this. Only Shamash I know of that BLU can equip is the Robe and it has no blue skill. However, something could be going completely over my head.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-14 12:29:48  
By tyalangan 2018-04-14 12:49:09  
Figured

Thought there was an item bg wasn’t pulling up available during the 7 years I quit.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-04-16 17:49:55  
Has anyone seen or have a Store TP +8 from a fern on a Valorous Mail? I have STR 12 Acc 28 ATT 30 STP +7 already, just curious if I need to stop burning through stones for like 3 days.

Thanks,
Nite
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-04-16 18:22:13  
I'm not subbed or I'd do a screenshot, but here's a GS export of my Valorous mail with STP+8. From fern stones of course.
Code
body={ name="Valorous Mail", augments={'Accuracy+28','"Store TP"+8','INT+3','Attack+13',}},
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-04-16 18:38:08  
Thanks, really appreciate it.
By zaxtiss 2018-04-17 10:25:55  
tyalangan said: »
geigei said: »

I do not understand this. Only Shamash I know of that BLU can equip is the Robe and it has no blue skill. However, something could be going completely over my head.
i think his answer was a troll lol
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-04-19 14:12:48  
Anyone know a good lowman strat for unity mob Wyvernhunter Bambrox?
By clearlyamule 2018-04-19 15:23:53  
Was super messy but managed to do it throw automatons at it
By zaxtiss 2018-04-19 16:27:49  
what do you want to do that UNM for? doesn't look like it drops anything worth using.
 Shiva.Cziella
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-04-21 00:46:27  
Any other RDM can corroborate that Vitiation Tabard +3 enhancing duration +15 is not working? or am I going crazy?
No Composure
Set up: Ammurapi, Telchine Head(10), [Body], Atrophy Gloves+3, Telchine Legs(10), Lethargy Feet +1, Ghostfyre(20)
I'm getting this with the same sets, gearswap unloaded, and just body variations:
Vitiation Tabard +3 = 7:41 secs
Telchine Body = 8:14

Edit, not even sure why I even typed all that, and made things convoluted. Made things slimper, fully naked protect 30:20 secs, Telchine body(10) 33:20, Tabard +3 (15) 30:20

Oh why SE....
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-21 03:58:23  
Maybe it's +15 seconds and not +15%? Telchine body is 10% iir.
That doesn't explain the +20 seconds though.
If you didn't use Battlemod to "measure" the timestamps though, a ~5 seconds error could totally come from the in-game chat log, seen results like that before when I was trying to measure Lullaby durations on bard without usin battlemod.

Even if it were 15% anyway it would've been good only for selfbuffs (or for buffing others when composure is down, but that never happens, does it?)
But having 5% more duration when selfbuffing is not really that relevant, considering that thanks to Composure our selfbuffs already last a ton.

So basically if you're doing RDM body+3 only for the enha part, then think again, is my 2 cents.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 533 534 535 ... 834 835 836