Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 529 530 531 ... 831 832 833
By maxiel 2018-03-16 15:40:29  
Are there any redeeming qualities at all for Realmrazer and Apex Arrow?

I think Judgment and Hexa Strike are just as good if not better in most scenarios. As for Apex Arrow, I'm too noob at the job to know anything about it. I know its gun 95% of the time and if I really want to bow it's Jishnu's Radiance only?
By clearlyamule 2018-03-16 15:56:45  
Realmrazer used to be good before they gimped and now even buffing it it still sucks. Hexa strike is almost strictly better than Realmrazer as a multihit. Should be able to do more with 0 crits and even no multiattack procs.

Only benefits I really see are potentially better skillchaining (but that only really applies for most part with Aeonic) and for use by people that aren't geo/whm though even then Judgment is competitive particular if you have a bit of overflow/tp bonus. That said Judgment has terrible skillchain property

Apex similarly is good for skillchain properites also possibly good in situations where you can't cap pdif
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-03-16 19:20:01  
maxiel said: »
Are there any redeeming qualities at all for Realmrazer and Apex Arrow?

I think Judgment and Hexa Strike are just as good if not better in most scenarios. As for Apex Arrow, I'm too noob at the job to know anything about it. I know its gun 95% of the time and if I really want to bow it's Jishnu's Radiance only?

Bow is just so hard to use competitively with gun. Its not impossible, mind you, just damn hard. And let's face it, every Ranger you know starts out wanting to be an Archery Ranger, then at some point in the evolution they realize how much more flexible and effective being a marksmanship Ranger is.

You'll have access to competitive Magical and Physical weaponskills at all times, not just physical. The strongest weaponskills for Marksmanship all scale well with TP and Weapon Skill Damage+ augments, versus the strongest Archery weaponskill is crit based (Jishnu's Radiance). The strongest Marksmanship options are also Agility-based, which is a Ranger's Bread and Butter, versus Jishnu's being Dexterity-based- not hard to get, but harder for a Ranger to make effective use of it compared to Agility.

I love my Ranger- ask half of Leviathan. And I love my bows, but they get maybe a tenth of the usage my guns do. Do yourself a HUGE favor in game enjoyment and effectiveness and build a functioning Marksmanship Ranger before you even toy with a Bow. And if the Ranger bug bites you, then you can go crazy, build the Gandiva with Chrono Arrows from the Fail-Not, and see (sadly) that your Fomalhaut and Armageddon still wipe the floor with it, without much effort.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-03-19 07:53:42  
Returning player question regarding iLVL. Say I have 2 sets of gear, one puts me at iLVL 119 and the other at 117. The overall stats of the i117 one are generally better, so should I stick with the 117?

I know a higher iLVL effects your Trust's stats, but does it do anything for your own character's attributes that you also have to account for?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-19 08:17:51  
Not sure what gear you're talking about, there arent many 119 that are worse than 117

Maybe delve pieces...

You should be using 119, they changed the peacekeeper gear to be 119 now so that should be your bare minimum, if not ambuscade nq
By clearlyamule 2018-03-19 10:41:34  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not sure what gear you're talking about, there arent many 119 that are worse than 117
It somewhat depends. Given he said he goes to I'm gunna assume he meant average which makes it a little more extreme. Like going to a much lower ilvl mainhand is not good or swapping out a bunch of pieces for 113 or lower. I could see potentially going that low for something like swapping in a non ilvl piece that still has use (addon mission gear, old refresh pieces you haven't found alternatives too etc)

To Watusa's question no but it's pretty much guaranteed that overall stats of higher ilvl gear are better just from stat vomit alone. Are you sure you aren't just focusing on certain stats?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-19 16:33:24  
Is there any way to "buy" HQ crystals for a crafter friend?
I have a friend willing to craft some stuff for me. I want him to use HQ crystals because I want a signed version, but at the same time I don't want him to be the one paying for those crystals with Guild Points.

Anyway I can make so he doesn't have to spend his resources to get HQ crystals?
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-19 16:34:27  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is there any way to "buy" HQ crystals for a crafter friend?
I have a friend willing to craft some stuff for me. I want him to use HQ crystals because I want a signed version, but at the same time I don't want him to be the one paying for those crystals with Guild Points.

Anyway I can make so he doesn't have to spend his resources to get HQ crystals?
No
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-19 16:46:30  
Celebratory chests sell them don't they? for like 3,000 Gil each or something rather than spending GP
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-19 17:10:51  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Celebratory chests sell them don't they? for like 3,000 Gil each or something rather than spending GP
And then?
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-03-19 18:50:41  
...... be like "hey buddy, here's 3,000 gil per HQ crystal to go buy them and sign _________ for me."?

Assuming those chests still sell those types of crystals
By clearlyamule 2018-03-19 19:31:37  
Only earth, wind and fire in there
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-19 19:59:14  
They only sell 3 types of HQ crystals in there? (didn't even know they sold 'em tbf)
Guess it's a good compromise if the recipe I need relies on one of those 3 crystals...
Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-03-19 23:30:21  

Maybe delve pieces...

You should be using 119, they changed the peacekeeper gear to be 119 now so that should be your bare minimum, if not ambuscade nq

Well in particular it's my reforged i109 SAM Empy gear. I haven't +1'd it yet, but certain pieces like the pants with Hasso+ and ***seem better than the Ambuscade gear I'm currently wearing. Equipping it drops me down to 117, reason why I was asking.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-19 23:35:41  
Thats your average ilvl, the piece is 109, not 117

Going from 119 average to 117 average by changing one piece doesn't really change much.

The way it was worded was is a 117 set better than a 119 set, you're looking at a 109 piece.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-03-20 17:43:50  
Thats your average ilvl, the piece is 109, not 117

Going from 119 average to 117 average by changing one piece doesn't really change much.

The way it was worded was is a 117 set better than a 119 set, you're looking at a 109 piece.

Oh ok, so in terms of average iLVL, none of my stats will actually be impacted? Like for example when we used to go from 98 to 99, we gained more attributes, defense, HP etc... Average iLVL doesn’t work that way, correct?

To ask more simply, hypothetically if two sets of gear had the exact same attributes but gave you different average iLVLs, does your character performance against mobs stay exactly the same?
By clearlyamule 2018-03-20 19:19:16  
No it doesn't. You can directly see it ig too via equipment screen /checkparam.

That said while the hasso and stp is certainly nice on those 109 pants pretty sure you are losing in all those other categories you mention
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-21 01:53:00  
So this will probably be an odd question that doesn't get asked too often around here, but I'm playing on a private server in 75 cap era. My question is, I know back then that Senjuinrikio main hand / Perdu Blade offhand was as good as it got until relic in those days. In this particular server's case though, the crit rate stat on weapons regardless of slot - MH or OH - is applied to all physical attack sources alike, so both MH/OH slots, Ranged attacks, etc. That being said if I had Kikoku I would mainhand obviously, and typically in retail 75 era you'd still use perdu blade off hand, but knowing the crit rate works differently on this private server would Senjuinrikio's crit rate applying to both MH and OH offset the lower delay and att/acc of Perdu? Not good enough at FFXI math to figure this out.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-21 02:37:50  
Interesting question, when I think about 75, ninja weapons were never the ones I think of.

I think that Hyabusa+1 or Perdu is your best offhand for 75 era, the important question is how updated are the ws modifiers, are you still using Blade:Jin Blade:Metsu or Blade:Ten

.......or a KC, cause yeah
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-21 02:48:59  
Interesting question, when I think about 75, ninja weapons were never the ones I think of.

I think that Hyabusa+1 or Perdu is your best offhand for 75 era, the important question is how updated are the ws modifiers, are you still using Blade:Jin Blade:Metsu or Blade:Ten

.......or a KC, cause yeah

Oh, the modifiers themselves are still the same for Metsu, but it's had some balancing to make it more effective and worth using, as have the other shitty relic WS. Some have had their aftermaths changed a bit too to make them more useful.

This is Metsu's current buffs: Enmity+20 "aftermath" of 20/40/60s, Accuracy +10% on WS, ignores 50% mob defense on WS.

80% Dex mod is still the same. As far as I know Jin and Ten are the same as they were on retail back then or close to it. From what I've seen Metsu outperforms them consistently on this server for sure. I don't have a kclub at the moment, but I'm working on it.

So you're thinking Sen would have been worth using more if Jin was still the go-to WS?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-21 02:57:50  
I'm reasonably confident that the 185/190 delay is going to out perform 6 crit and 227 delay

Since there is basically only 1 piece of Crit rate + gear and .... zero(?) crit damage+ gear to make it worthwhile

Actually would be interested in seeing a perfect set for 75, not just the weapons
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2018-03-21 03:51:44  
I do have Hachi body as well, but it's the only hachi piece I have at the moment. They were testing out PW one day a year ago and I just happened to luck out and win the lot against 18+ people lol. Would 12% total from gear sway anything? I'm assuming I'd still use Ninja Chainmail NQ or HQ in capped accuracy situations. Would Haramaki win out over Hauby+1 when not capped though?

This is another question I've had difficulty finding an answer to as well, but how about Samurai with Haramaki for TP over Hauby+1? Acc capped and uncapped. Obviously the answer to these questions hinge on many variables, but just a good general rule to follow. Assuming mostly ideal TP set for the 75 era minus salvage gear.
By zaxtiss 2018-03-21 08:58:51  
hey everyone,
i was on BG looking for the cap on Cure Potency Received.
iirc its 30% but i couldn't find it on BG anyone know?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-03-21 09:24:17  
zaxtiss said: »
hey everyone,
i was on BG looking for the cap on Cure Potency Received.
iirc its 30% but i couldn't find it on BG anyone know?

It's mentioned on the wiki under Enhancing Cure. Or were you looking for testing on it or something?
By zaxtiss 2018-03-21 09:55:00  
nope i was just looking to make sure i had the right cap on it
By clearlyamule 2018-03-21 10:22:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Darsha said: »
So this will probably be an odd question that doesn't get asked too often around here, but I'm playing on a private server in 75 cap era. My question is, I know back then that Senjuinrikio main hand / Perdu Blade offhand was as good as it got until relic in those days. In this particular server's case though, the crit rate stat on weapons regardless of slot - MH or OH - is applied to all physical attack sources alike, so both MH/OH slots, Ranged attacks, etc. That being said if I had Kikoku I would mainhand obviously, and typically in retail 75 era you'd still use perdu blade off hand, but knowing the crit rate works differently on this private server would Senjuinrikio's crit rate applying to both MH and OH offset the lower delay and att/acc of Perdu? Not good enough at FFXI math to figure this out.
Are there any other things that would be considered odd about this server? Like other things that have never existed or currently don't besides the obvious things that have changed post 75? Like if this still has the tp floor...
By zaxtiss 2018-03-21 10:36:48  
hey everyone,

when i looked up protect 5 i says it add 175 def but i was under the impression that it added PDT as well does it not?
By tyalangan 2018-03-21 10:42:17  
No, it's not like Shell
By Pantafernando 2018-03-21 14:15:30  
Hi.

Just wondering can mewing lullaby (from sub) annul meikyo shisui?

Thanks in advance.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-21 15:17:53  
Mob meikyo shisui is different than players. Pretty sure it just sets the mob AI to ws a few times in a row regardless of tp
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 529 530 531 ... 831 832 833