フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC Response from the Devs
DNC Response from the Devs
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-08-15 12:04:06  
Dancer was the only job I really cared about when I played. After the first level cap increase I started to see it shifting to more of a DD role, even before that I saw people trying to make it DD.

I was always just focused on support, and it's sad to how the games changing my favorite job.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-08-15 12:06:48  
Quote:
Again, I can assure you I was 75 DNC before you were even humoring leveling the job, and I solo'ed a good chunk of it, and I'm sure I'm way more versatile of a DNC then you. So yeah, about that.

So you think you can dance competition gogo!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-15 12:08:37  
Phoenix.Brixy said:
I guarantee if they gave /nin Yonin and Innin the nins would be complaining

/give

the lack of staggers for abyssea and lack of being able to melee without getting destroyed in vwnm makes the job inferior in any given worthwhile situation; if you want to get technical too, thf/dnc and nin/dnc does everything dnc/nin can in dynamis and more

they should make waltz recast for main dancers all of like two seconds (animation delay basically), also give it auto regain for the heck of it too; two quick things off the top of my head that'd be by no means broken to give to the job if you ask me, though i'm sure there's even better ideas laying around too that people would just adore
 Alexander.Gib
サーバ: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-08-15 12:09:18  
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Dancer was the only job I really cared about when I played. After the first level cap increase I started to see it shifting to more of a DD role, even before that I saw people trying to make it DD.

I was always just focused on support, and it's sad to how the games changing my favorite job.
It still IS a great support job, it's just not like the "Cure 6" bombing job that some people want it to be for some reason. It always has been and always will be support. I don't know why people are getting upset that it's not a WHM Replacement.
By Pooman 2011-08-15 12:09:54  
Ugh, I check the official forums and I see they finally see SE did DNCs... /sigh, but can't say it was unexpected.

I mean really, the least they can do is separate healing waltz from curing waltz. I shouldn't have to make a life or death decision when I'm paralyzed to either heal myself or remove paralyze! Damn you spikes!! Stop making DNC into a DD that no one will use -_-
By Pooman 2011-08-15 12:16:34  
Alexander.Gib said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

It still IS a great support job, it's just not like the "Cure 6" bombing job that some people want it to be for some reason. It always has been and always will be support. I don't know why people are getting upset that it's not a WHM Replacement.

Who wants it to be a "Cure 6 bombing job?"
People want it to be reasonable. No one is crying because it's not a WHM replacement.
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-15 12:18:20  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Phoenix.Brixy said:
I guarantee if they gave /nin Yonin and Innin the nins would be complaining

/give

the lack of staggers for abyssea and lack of being able to melee without getting destroyed in vwnm makes the job inferior in any given worthwhile situation; if you want to get technical too, thf/dnc and nin/dnc does everything dnc/nin can in dynamis and more

they should make waltz recast for main dancers all of like two seconds (animation delay basically), also give it auto regain for the heck of it too; two quick things off the top of my head that'd be by no means broken to give to the job if you ask me, though i'm sure there's even better ideas laying around too that people would just adore
Yep, exactly :/

I don't get why they're turning DNC into another boring lame DD job. It will never be better than a real DD job, and will always be inferior(or else that'd be horribly broken), why don't they make it UNIQUE again? /cry

I don't want to be a "cure6 bombing(who the hell casts cure6 anyways? wtf)" job, I want to be a melee who manages more things than any other job in the game while I heal my teammates and debuff mobs and support them.
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 12:40:53  
Am I the only one who like how DNC is already and don't want any changes? =(
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-15 12:41:26  
Cerberus.Vaness said:

You probably didn't play DNC at 75 or like it then.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 12:44:58  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I did play it 75,But I was campaigning as it more then anything.
it was also very gimp at that time lol
I kinda love how powerfull it became and I don't see anything that would be worth changing w/o walking on any other job toes.

It's a pretty unique job that never meant to be main healer or main DD, just a perfect little solo job that can pull out nice numbers.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-15 12:49:32  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I did play it 75,But I was campaigning as it more then anything.
it was also very gimp at that time lol
I kinda love how powerfull it became and I don't see anything that would be worth changing w/o walking on any other job toes.

It's a pretty unique job that never meant to be main healer or main DD, just a perfect little solo job that can pull out nice numbers.[/quote]

It was infinitely more powerful at 75. It's DD capabilities weren't as high, but it's healing prowess was un-matched. Not even a RDM could keep up in the right conditions. DD could fulltime Hasso, and depending on the situation they didn't need /nin.

Now DNC is a sub-par healer, and an average tank that doesn't contribute anything to the Abyssea age. It's a decent soloist, but really why even bother soloing in Abyssea. As a DD, it's not bad, it's just not the best and really not worth it in my opinion. As a support/buffer, it's useless besides maybe Voidwatch if you have an Adder Jambiya and spam Quickstep+PK for Evasion -, subbing SAM for the addition TP to help with some insta-cures. That's about it really.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 12:51:33  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
SCH suffers from the exact same things DNC does, /SCH gives you access to accession and manifestation, the 2 main things that made SCH SCH and made SCH unique at 75 <_< They really need to give us new unique ideas 95-99.
oh Just saw this,

I was a veryvery sad/mad sch when I heard that my rdm and whm will have the same buff capacity as my sch used to be.I actually cryied, I was A HUGE sch fan for the buffs/healing they had.Now they are just some kind of nukers between BLM and rdm ;_;
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-15 12:54:33  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
SCH suffers from the exact same things DNC does, /SCH gives you access to accession and manifestation, the 2 main things that made SCH SCH and made SCH unique at 75 <_< They really need to give us new unique ideas 95-99.
oh Just saw this,

I was a veryvery sad/mad sch when I heard that my rdm and whm will have the same buff capacity as my sch used to be.I actually cryied, I was A HUGE sch fan for the buffs/healing they had.Now they are just some kind of nukers between BLM and rdm ;_;
But BLMs and RDMs can't give a 1tp/tic regain!!!!

:D ... ._.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 12:55:07  
To ninian caus my quoting is ***.
I do remember being the main cure of numerous parties, but it never has been what I really wanted as dnc =/

I guess I am one of those few that didnt really liked the healer support role we had at 75 =(
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 12:56:27  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
oh Just saw this,

But BLMs and RDMs can't give a 1tp/tic regain!!!!

:D ... ._.
so damn cute ;_;

Aside getting sch to 90 I havent really touched it at all since then =/

I really really hate what it became.Like the DNCs here I guess xD
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-15 12:56:58  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
I do remember being the main cure of numerous parties, but it never has been what I really wanted as dnc =/

I guess I am one of those few that didnt really liked the healer support role we had at 75 =(

I guess. But that gave us a reason to be there on DNC, now we don't have a purpose. :x
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-15 12:57:11  
As it is now, the job is very different from what it was at 75. I like both versions, but I'd like playing Dancer better if I could fill both roles as the situation dictates. It would be as easy as splitting Waltz recast timers odd/even, but SE won't do it.

The thing is, splitting Waltz recasts odd/even wouldn't even increase our healing power that much. We'd just be TP limited instead of delay limited. Curing Waltz III and V are our two most efficient HP/TP Waltzes, and splitting odd/even would put them in the same category.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-08-15 12:57:51  
Dnc went from #1 (b4 cap increase) to last on the list to gear D:
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 13:00:37  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I guess. But that gave us a reason to be there on DNC, now we don't have a purpose. :x
True.
Though I was always alone at 75, ls was like dnc?!!! *** that ***~
Now they are semi okay about it lol, I am a bit less lonely then before xD

Oh well...
The cure waltz seperate timers sounds good though but also sounds game breaking and might be frustrating to whms. But they gave accession as sub and destroyed schs, don't see why they couldn't destroy whms for once <.<
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-15 13:02:55  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Exactly, and it's just another evasion dd job/solist(that nin/dnc is better at lolol) We're completely useless and not unique anymore.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 13:09:17  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

Exactly, and it's just another evasion dd job/solist(that nin/dnc is better at lolol) We're completely useless and not unique anymore.
I hate nin =(

I'm prolly gonna get screamed on, oh well lol
 Hades.Medjai
サーバ: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-15 13:16:24  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I hate nin =(

NIN HATES YOU TOO!!! =P kidding
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-15 13:22:58  
NINJA*
Corrected before ninnian thinks I hate her/him.
I remember lvling it to 37 and did /pcmd leave the second I dinged and then my friends had to force me getting it to 45.
I just hate it, I don't know why.
I guess it's because of the numerous times mage's let me died and the fact the 2hr is a suicide.
I LIKE TO HAVE CONTROL ON MY HPs >:(
lol
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-15 13:26:43  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I hate nin =(

i've always said that i hated the idea of finishing off my nin because it feels like aside from abyssea procs nin/dnc is a gimp dnc/nin.

but aside from that, +1 to what ironguy said (minus being destroyed by vwnm)
 Hades.Medjai
サーバ: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-15 13:27:30  
Cerberus.Vaness said:
NINJA*
Corrected before ninnian thinks I hate her/him.
I remember lvling it to 37 and did /pcmd leave the second I dinged and then my friends had to force me getting it to 45.
I just hate it, I don't know why.
I guess it's because of the numerous times mage's let me died and the fact the 2hr is a suicide.
I LIKE TO HAVE CONTROL ON MY HPs >:(
lol
i used to be like you back when nin didnt have yonin and innin
now i totally love nin course BLM is and always will be my true passion xD
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-15 13:29:10  
Quote:
It was infinitely more powerful at 75. It's DD capabilities weren't as high, but it's healing prowess was un-matched. Not even a RDM could keep up in the right conditions. DD could fulltime Hasso, and depending on the situation they didn't need /nin.
Why you leave Bismark Lordcanti? We made the best merit parties ; ;
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-15 13:33:15  
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I hate nin =(

i've always said that i hated the idea of finishing off my nin because it feels like aside from abyssea procs nin/dnc is a gimp dnc/nin.

Other way around, NIN/DNC is superior to a DNC/NIN :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-15 13:35:34  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I hate nin =(

Other way around, NIN/DNC is superior to a DNC/NIN :/
thats debateable, but since you aren't one for debating some of the silly posts you made earlier, i wont debate that with you.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 14 15 16