サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-15 09:16:11  
Here's your link

Here's the text

Irrelevant stuff:
[+]
By AlkalineJoe 2011-08-15 09:21:32  
I had a fun time reading the response translated by Google Translate.

Although most of the responses were, "No, no, no, no and no."
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-15 09:38:49  
I'm getting a lot of "No" and a few lectures, with two conditional "maybe"s Obviously the two "Maybe"s are numbers 5 and 6.

Long story short, they have no intention of addressing the fundamental issues with the Dancer job.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-15 09:40:23  
Yeah, it's pretty much all "go sit in a corner."
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-15 09:41:36  
I could not understand much of that, even after I google translated it. :(
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-15 09:48:01  
The ***...
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-15 09:50:10  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The ***...
Pretty much what I was thinking too.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-15 10:03:45  
For #2/3 mabey useing a system similar to charges would work to make it viable with out being over powered... have them all share reuse but they become available 1 at a time ie if you waltz 5 after 4 seconds (what ever the recast is on waltz 1, can't remember atm) waltz 1 comes available to use, followed by 2 at whatever its recast is then 3 > 4 > 5 with divine in there as well... healing waltz should really be it's own thing or have it's recast reduced because, well there are times where i just don't cure statuses (blind dia bio types nothing too debilitateing) because of that damned recast on it. Also kinda sucks when getting hit by a few things at once from a tp move and it decides to take the less hurtful debuffs off before the bigger ones like silence/para

#8 they are probably looking at it as a whole not just dnc wise... by that i meen between all the defence down stuff we can stick on a mob as is I think it was -53% we can get it to now(?). Quick step I would say should get a boost since the ways of lowering a mob's don't stack as high and can't really comment on stutter or feather step since don't really know how potent they are but everyone tells me feather step does nothing really so that needs a boost XD

#10 deffinetly should be done >.> it's like they punish dnc for keeping lv5 steps.

#12 would be nice but thats just kinda it following the same rules as all other sneak/invis stuff... it can overwrite if your just invis and have removed the sneak but the sneak will make it fail since they are a package deal on spectral. Might be time for them to just make sneak overwrite itself in any situation.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-08-15 10:24:06  
dnc really doesn't need anything imo.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-15 10:38:46  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:

Death Flourish, AoE instant reraise-III, AoE party invincibility, innate caped crit rate and crit dmg, am I missing anything?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-15 10:39:28  
...Aren't most of the thfs POed about how powerful the dnc job is anyway (when conpared to there own job)? Seems like SE is overall afraid to increase the power of dnc due to job balancing issues.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-15 10:41:16  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Death Flourish, AoE instant reraise-III, AoE party invincibility, innate caped crit rate and crit dmg, am I missing anything?
AoE magic shield... invincible only blocks physical, haste samba II which sets delay to 80, and store tp +9001
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-15 10:42:07  
Also, I want a new "Strip" job ability.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-15 10:43:57  
lol
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-08-15 10:44:05  
I dunno why everyone Q,Q's so much over the Waltz timers, yeah they aren't great, but if you've got good evasion gear, it's very manageable.

sure you can't be a main healer in a heavy damage taking party, but who cares :P
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-15 10:45:10  
Pole dance? would need to give dnc staff skill for that and I think SE knows we wouldn't let them live that down given all the possilbities for dirty jokes.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-15 10:46:09  
Asura.Ina said:
Pole dance? would need to give dnc staff skill for that and I think SE knows we wouldn't let them live that down given all the possilbities for dirty jokes.

Staff skill would have to be dependent on race. Mithra/Galka would get A+, other races would have to get significantly less.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-15 10:53:32  
Shiva.Gib said:
I dunno why everyone Q,Q's so much over the Waltz timers, yeah they aren't great, but if you've got good evasion gear, it's very manageable.

sure you can't be a main healer in a heavy damage taking party, but who cares :P
A lot of us enjoyed DNC back at 75 cap where that kind of healing duty was its calling card along with Haste Samba. So... yeah, a lot of us here actually care. DD DNC is fun in its own right but it's a different style.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-08-15 10:53:33  
Asura.Ina said:

We already have pole dancers, dnc/drg and vise versa.
 Cerberus.Ustav
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-08-15 10:53:55  
Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said:
...Aren't most of the thfs POed about how powerful the dnc job is anyway (when conpared to there own job)? Seems like SE is overall afraid to increase the power of dnc due to job balancing issues.
lol the only thing thfs were pissed off about was the Subtle Blow.
 Leviathan.Laphine
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2011-08-15 11:11:04  
Cerberus.Ustav said:
Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said:
lol the only thing thfs were pissed off about was the Subtle Blow.
We mind DW4. We mind forced crit. Stuff like that.

Anyways, gl with the other issues Asymptotic didn't translate~
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-15 11:13:21  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
The ***...
Pretty much what I was thinking too.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2011-08-15 11:17:50  
Quote:

12.) I want to be able to overwrite spectral jig.
Windower users can put "/console cancel 71" in the first line of their jig macro /console cancel 71.
That removes sneak right inside your macro.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-15 11:18:46  
Shiva.Paulu said:
Quote:

12.) I want to be able to overwrite spectral jig.
Windower users can put "/console cancel 71" in the first line of their jig macro /console cancel 71.
That removes sneak right inside your macro.
That's cheating, yo.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-08-15 11:22:28  
Shiva.Gib said:

I tank on DNC, so I usually spam out Divine Waltz II, which means I'm getting alot of hate, but can't cure fast enough to keep myself alive, thus relying on party members.
And I care personally, as when I leveled DNC I was bitched at for not curing despite timers/TP/amnesia blahblah :(
Also not everything has dire accuracy, Pantokrator for one has high acc, and Laser Shower often hits me for 1700 range. Without his other bits.
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-15 11:23:00  
I love how all the questions they answer for jobs are horrible. Can they pick questions not asked by people who just got FFXI for their bday present as they turn 13 please?

Real questions would be: Can we make all mobs DNC melee friendly by giving DNC 100% subtle blow at the cost of doing 90% or less damage?

Can we get unique abilities that someone can't /dnc and do just as well as us?(Waltz3 and haste samba is subbable ^_^;; 5% haste doesn't make up for using a dnc main over say, a cor/dnc).

etc etc

DNC is a great lowman/solo job but falls short in group enviroments now compared to 75 imo. Haste samba was incredible, it's heals were incredible, now it's just a lowman/solo job :(
[+]
 Shiva.Gib
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-08-15 11:26:20  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Gib said:

A lot of us enjoyed DNC back at 75 cap where that kind of healing duty was its calling card along with Haste Samba. So... yeah, a lot of us here actually care. DD DNC is fun in its own right but it's a different style.
yeah I've been doing DNC like since the week WoTG came out, i'm not a Abyssea nub bandwagon jumper I can assure you :P

I'm more of a solo play DNC
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-15 11:27:49  
Shiva.Gib said:
yeah I've been doing DNC like since the week WoTG came out, i'm not a Abyssea nub bandwagon jumper I can assure you :P

I'm more of a solo play DNC

Well I'm more of a group-heal DNC, so I do care. They need to fix it, but they're obviously not going to.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-08-15 11:28:15  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
I love how all the questions they answer for jobs are horrible. Can they pick questions not asked by people who just got FFXI for their bday present as they turn 13 please?

Real questions would be: Can we make all mobs DNC melee friendly by giving DNC 100% subtle blow at the cost of doing 90% or less damage?

Can we get unique abilities that someone can't /dnc and do just as well as us?(Waltz3 and haste samba is subbable ^_^;; 5% haste doesn't make up for using a dnc main over say, a cor/dnc).

etc etc

DNC is a great lowman/solo job but falls short in group enviroments now compared to 75 imo. Haste samba was incredible, it's heals were incredible, now it's just a lowman/solo job :(
I beg to differ, it works brilliantly as a tank (minus Raja/Rani) if the DNC knows how to tank properly with good support.
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-15 11:28:34  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shiva.Gib said:

I agree 100%, I LOVED playing dnc and only played DNC so much at 75 because I enjoyed it's playstyle. It did damage damage, but you were mainly a support/healer, if I wanna be a DD I'll play my ninja <_< And dual box a WHM which is > soloing on dnc wtf.

DNC was so complex, you had to pay attention to so many things and really had no free time to even alt tab mid fight, it was awesome ^-^

Doing as much damage as you possibly could while keeping your steps on the mob, your tp up, keeping everyone healthy and keeping your samba up > lulz i'm a dd bro

Quote:
I beg to differ, it works brilliantly as a tank (minus Raja/Rani) if the DNC knows how to tank properly with good support.

I'm not going to argue this, because any melee job in the game can tank in abyssea...except they provide reds, yellows, blues or TH :/
First Page 2 ... 14 15 16