SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Midgardsormr.Trauma
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Trauma
By Midgardsormr.Trauma 2009-04-27 21:38:16  
I just told you how it could be done though.

You were right in deleting it but you forgot to stop your PlayOnline Viewer from asking for an SE account and OTP before you deleted it.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-04-27 21:50:34  
I could swear I looked under every possible option. There was one to stop POL Viewer from asking the OTP. But there was none to stop POL Viewer from asking for a SE Account username/password. There was also no way to unlink the POL ID from the SE Account (it was stated so).

If there is in fact such an option, then there is no point in canceling the SE Account. All I want is to be able to log in normally, like before.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-28 08:40:09  
Oooook >_> Only quickly skimmed through, so this may have been asked in the first 2~3 pages, but.. How exactly do I register my token? >_>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/Deathcat/tokenwtf.jpg

Am I at the wrong part? I've already managed to link my POL Account, but I can't use the OTP because I can't register the token, so I don't get my satchel ._.

All I've found so far is "Token Removal", while "Registration" is there, there's no option for it >_>

EDIT: Whoo pimp >_> Now it's there.. I won't ask how, SE must be reading these boards! >_> I took the picture out to make it a little better too! =P
 Shiva.Derek
サーバ: Shiva
user: Derek
By Shiva.Derek 2009-04-29 13:02:07  
Got mine! It was a lot smaller than I expected (please no "that's what she said" jokes! lol)
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-29 13:35:21  
okay guys SE clearly states that if you cancel your SE account your POL account will be inaccessible!

stop blaming them for your lack of reading skills. once you link an SE account you have to enter it forever. i don't know which 3 passwords you are complaining about entering (unless you have a member password). the only thing you need ot enter is the SE password and the one time password from your token.

if you JUST wanted the satchel you can disable the one time use password from the SE webpage, then from the POL viewer. this will make your token into a really crappy paperweight.

seriously, SE isn't that stupid. there is a guide here for a reason, if you don't read it why are you in here complaining that you can't log in where it is BOLDED AND CAPITALIZED at the top of the post?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-29 14:11:39  
Littledarc said:
if you JUST wanted the satchel you can disable the one time use password from the SE webpage, then from the POL viewer. this will make your token into a really crappy paperweight.

Do you mean removing the security token? I can't find anything that says "Disable OTP"
 Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vintaru 2009-04-29 23:42:17  
This might have already been mentioned but wasn't the Mog Satchel supposed to get +80 slots? I just got mine today with +70 >.>
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-29 23:46:54  
Vintaru said:
This might have already been mentioned but wasn't the Mog Satchel supposed to get +80 slots? I just got mine today with +70 >.>

you need to expand your gobbie bag to 80, and when you do the satchel will expand too.
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-30 00:11:15  
Hitetsu said:
Littledarc said:

Do you mean removing the security token? I can't find anything that says "Disable OTP"

yes remove the security token ^^ thats what i meant. you have to do that before disabling the OTP in POL. keep in mind though that once you remove the security key you can't reactivate it. you don't need to and shouldn't ever deactivate your SE account.
 Sylph.Coerus
user: Coerus
By Sylph.Coerus 2009-05-01 04:59:15  
thank you
 Lakshmi.Premium
サーバ: Lakshmi
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-05-01 08:00:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Littledarc said:
okay guys SE clearly states that if you cancel your SE account your POL account will be inaccessible!

stop blaming them for your lack of reading skills. once you link an SE account you have to enter it forever. i don't know which 3 passwords you are complaining about entering (unless you have a member password). the only thing you need ot enter is the SE password and the one time password from your token.

seriously, SE isn't that stupid. there is a guide here for a reason, if you don't read it why are you in here complaining that you can't log in where it is BOLDED AND CAPITALIZED at the top of the post?

Actually Square-Enix are completely stupid for not allowing you to unlink. What more is its absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that they allow you to delete your SE account, and SE full-well knowing you cannot log into your Final Fantasy XI Account, why would they even let you sabotage your account like that? That is just proof they cannot make the most simplest of systems. If you completely Delete a Square Enix account it should not be linked to your POL ID no more, How can something require login information that no longer exists, nore can ever exist again? That right there proofs how they've completely *** up this whole thing.

Now sure, people should read, but if you didnt go read all the notes, didnt read the Q&A, and you go to the Cancel Account Page, it does not state on that page anywhere that you'll not be able to log into your FFXI Account, it kind of gets close by "SE Account services will not work", but your POL ID is not a SE Account Service, it's a PlayOnline Service.

SE need to get their act together and make it so when you cancel a SE ID, your POL ID is not asking for information that doesn't exist.
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-03 19:51:23  
Still waiting for my token....
(taps fingers on table repeatedly)
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-05-03 20:30:50  
it states it when you create you SE account. why so much complaining?

this is a text game. reading is sort of required.

if you do find yourself in this situation though you can call POL help line and they can assist you with fixing your mistake. once again though, if you cancel your SE account your POL account will be inaccessible! .
 Shiva.Derek
user: Derek
By Shiva.Derek 2009-05-13 17:37:21  
Littledarc said:
it states it when you create you SE account. why so much complaining?

this is a text game. reading is sort of required.

if you do find yourself in this situation though you can call POL help line and they can assist you with fixing your mistake. once again though, if you cancel your SE account your POL account will be inaccessible! .
eh who needs a pol account anyway j/k :P
 Shiva.Aaralyn
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-05-19 00:55:26  
Okay. Here's a question.

I've tried retyping my SE account password over and over again to make sure I'm getting it right. No matter what it says that the password doesn't match. So I hit the forgotten password button, and it sends me an e-mail. But this is what's in the e-mail.

"U3F1YXJlIEVuaXggQWNjb3VudCBNYW5hZ2VtZW50IFN5c3RlbQ0KLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0
tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ0KDQpJZiB5b3UgZGlkIG5vdCByZXF
1ZXN0IHRoaXMgZS1tYWlsLCB3ZSBhcG9sb2dpemUgZm9yIHRoZSBpbmNvbnZlbmllbmNlIGFuZCBhc2sg
dGhhdCB5b3UgZGlzY2FyZCBpdC4NCg0KVGhhbmsgeW91IGZvciB1c2luZyB0aGUgU3F1YXJlIEVuaXggQWN
jb3VudCBNYW5hZ2VtZW50IFN5c3RlbS4NClRoaXMgZS1tYWlsIGhhcyBiZWVuIGF1dG9tYXRpY2FsbHkgc2VudCBieSB0a
GUgU3F1YXJlIEVuaXggQWNjb3VudCBNYW5hZ2VtZW50IFN5c3RlbSBiZWNhdXNlIHlvdSBoYXZlIGRlY2lkZWQgdG8
gdXBkYXRlIHlvdXIgU3F1YXJlIEVuaXggcGFzc3dvcmQuDQoNClRvIHVwZGF0ZSB5b3VyIH
Bhc3N3b3JkLCBwbGVhc2UgY2xpY2s
gdGhlIGZvbGxvd2luZyBVUkw6DQoNCmh0dHBzOi8vc2V
jdXJlLnNxdWFyZS1lbml4LmNvbS9hY2
NvdW50L2FwcC9zdmMvdXBkYXRlUHdkP2lkPT
EwM2YwYWQ4NmEwOGJlNzY1ZjEzNTg
3ZDZiMDdhOGE5DQoNCipJZiBjbGlja2luZyBvb
iB0aGUgYWJvdmUgVVJMIGRvZXMgbm90IG9wZW4gdGhlIHBhZ2UsIGNvcHkgdGhlIFVSTCBhbmQgcGFzdGUgaXQgaW50byB5b
3VyIGJyb3dzZXIncyBhZGRyZXNzIGJhci4NCipUaGUgYWJvdmUgVVJMIHdpbGwgYmVjb21lIGludmFs
aWQgMjQgaG91cnMgYWZ0ZXIgdGhpcyBlLW
1haWwgaGFzIGJlZW4gc2VudC4gUGxlYXNlIGNsaWNrIG9uIHRoZSB
VUkwgYW5kIHVwZGF0ZSB5b3VyIFNxdWFyZSBFbml4IHBhc3N3b3JkIHdpdGhpbiB0aGlzIHRpbWUgZnJhbW
UuCgotLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tDQpQbGVhc2UgZm9
yd2FyZCB5b3VyIGlucXVpcmllcyByZWdhcmRpbmcgdGhlIGNvbnRl
bnQgb2YgdGhpcy
BlLW1haWwgdG8gdGhlIFNxdWFyZSBFbml4IElu
Zm9ybWF0aW9uIENlbnRl
ci4NCg0KaHR0cDovL2FjY291bnQuc3F1YXJlLWVuaXguY29tL2hlbHAvZXUvDQotLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tL
S0tLS0tLS0
tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tCg=="

Uh. Anyone care to de-code that?

So, has this happened to anyone else? Or anyone know what I can do?
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-19 01:17:04  
Aaralyn said:
Okay. Here's a question.

I've tried retyping my SE account password over and over again to make sure I'm getting it right. No matter what it says that the password doesn't match. So I hit the forgotten password button, and it sends me an e-mail. But this is what's in the e-mail.

"U3F1YXJlIEVuaXggQWNjb3VudCBNYW5hZ2VtZW50IFN5c3RlbQ0KLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0
tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ0KDQpJZiB5b3UgZGlkIG5vdCByZXF
1ZXN0IHRoaXMgZS1tYWlsLCB3ZSBhcG9sb2dpemUgZm9yIHRoZSBpbmNvbnZlbmllbmNlIGFuZCBhc2sg
dGhhdCB5b3UgZGlzY2FyZCBpdC4NCg0KVGhhbmsgeW91IGZvciB1c2luZyB0aGUgU3F1YXJlIEVuaXggQWN
jb3VudCBNYW5hZ2VtZW50IFN5c3RlbS4NClRoaXMgZS1tYWlsIGhhcyBiZWVuIGF1dG9tYXRpY2FsbHkgc2VudCBieSB0a
GUgU3F1YXJlIEVuaXggQWNjb3VudCBNYW5hZ2VtZW50IFN5c3RlbSBiZWNhdXNlIHlvdSBoYXZlIGRlY2lkZWQgdG8
gdXBkYXRlIHlvdXIgU3F1YXJlIEVuaXggcGFzc3dvcmQuDQoNClRvIHVwZGF0ZSB5b3VyIH
Bhc3N3b3JkLCBwbGVhc2UgY2xpY2s
gdGhlIGZvbGxvd2luZyBVUkw6DQoNCmh0dHBzOi8vc2V
jdXJlLnNxdWFyZS1lbml4LmNvbS9hY2
NvdW50L2FwcC9zdmMvdXBkYXRlUHdkP2lkPT
EwM2YwYWQ4NmEwOGJlNzY1ZjEzNTg
3ZDZiMDdhOGE5DQoNCipJZiBjbGlja2luZyBvb
iB0aGUgYWJvdmUgVVJMIGRvZXMgbm90IG9wZW4gdGhlIHBhZ2UsIGNvcHkgdGhlIFVSTCBhbmQgcGFzdGUgaXQgaW50byB5b
3VyIGJyb3dzZXIncyBhZGRyZXNzIGJhci4NCipUaGUgYWJvdmUgVVJMIHdpbGwgYmVjb21lIGludmFs
aWQgMjQgaG91cnMgYWZ0ZXIgdGhpcyBlLW
1haWwgaGFzIGJlZW4gc2VudC4gUGxlYXNlIGNsaWNrIG9uIHRoZSB
VUkwgYW5kIHVwZGF0ZSB5b3VyIFNxdWFyZSBFbml4IHBhc3N3b3JkIHdpdGhpbiB0aGlzIHRpbWUgZnJhbW
UuCgotLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tDQpQbGVhc2UgZm9
yd2FyZCB5b3VyIGlucXVpcmllcyByZWdhcmRpbmcgdGhlIGNvbnRl
bnQgb2YgdGhpcy
BlLW1haWwgdG8gdGhlIFNxdWFyZSBFbml4IElu
Zm9ybWF0aW9uIENlbnRl
ci4NCg0KaHR0cDovL2FjY291bnQuc3F1YXJlLWVuaXguY29tL2hlbHAvZXUvDQotLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tL
S0tLS0tLS0
tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tCg=="

Uh. Anyone care to de-code that?

So, has this happened to anyone else? Or anyone know what I can do?

HOLY ***that's messed up
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-05-19 01:18:30  
Did you enter the wrong number sequence from the back of your token? maybe double check that. Or case sensitive, log into website? Otherwise no, everything worked fine for me.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-05-19 01:19:47  
Yeah.. :/ Might have to trying contacting SE again tomorrow from the looks of it..
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-05-19 01:20:42  
Premium said:
Littledarc said:

Actually Square-Enix are completely stupid for not allowing you to unlink. What more is its absolutely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that they allow you to delete your SE account, and SE full-well knowing you cannot log into your Final Fantasy XI Account, why would they even let you sabotage your account like that? That is just proof they cannot make the most simplest of systems. If you completely Delete a Square Enix account it should not be linked to your POL ID no more, How can something require login information that no longer exists, nore can ever exist again? That right there proofs how they've completely *** up this whole thing.

Now sure, people should read, but if you didnt go read all the notes, didnt read the Q&A, and you go to the Cancel Account Page, it does not state on that page anywhere that you'll not be able to log into your FFXI Account, it kind of gets close by "SE Account services will not work", but your POL ID is not a SE Account Service, it's a PlayOnline Service.

SE need to get their act together and make it so when you cancel a SE ID, your POL ID is not asking for information that doesn't exist.

This is actually part of the security measures.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2009-05-19 01:31:00  
Well I'm logged into the game just fine. I was never actually able to link the SE account TO my POL account because it kept saying either the POL code was wrong, or the POL password was wrong. And there's absolutely NO way the password could have been wrong, since I just got it reset today. -.-

I know from that it sounds like I'm just a huge idiot with passwords, but I've had the same password for years now. Kinda thinking a recent ex is going through and messing things up for me. Probably should change my password, but I've had this one so long I bet I'll forget any new one I make.

Oh well. I'll just try contacting SE and see if there's anything that can be done. :/
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-05-28 19:22:07  
I havent bought one... is it relly worth it? i guess ill kick myself later if i dont
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-05-31 20:24:39  
it's worth it for the in-game item if anything else. that's completely my opinion though :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2009-06-02 11:23:16  
I totally messed up my account and haven't been able to log in to my POL for five days now.

First thing I did was check the british flag beside "English" where it asked for "Languages". This was while setting up my SE account. So when I tried to link my POL I couldn't because EU accounts cannot be linked to NA accounts. I contacted SE about it and they told me they'd contact me back. Tired of waiting I cancelled the account to try and make a new one.

This was my second boo boo, where I had already used the serial no. for token on that account I just cancelled and forgot that couldn't be used when created a second account. Problem is I did link my POL account to this second account, but as you can imagine couldn't enter SE token. So in the end I cancelled my second SE account to see if error code will stop appearing when I tried to log in with no success.

Trying to contact SE again.. bbl with conclusion.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2009-06-02 18:38:21  
Ok so, I contacted SE they immediately verified and re-activated my SE account, told me to not touch token and try entering with my SE account and password (not token) and worked out just fine. :)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-04 17:03:49  
Moving here from a double thread:

Trapt said:
If I linked more than 1 account is it possible to remove one of them without canceling the token entirely?

And if it is cancelled does the mog satchel stay?

Zekky said:
No you cannot remove the other account separately from your token. So the other person in question would have to have access to your security token whenever they wanted to log on. You'd have to cancel your security token to get them off. And if you cancel it, no. Satchel is perma. For both users.

Premium said:
You can actually contact SE about this, I know one person canceled the "SE Account" and got locked out of his account, after questioning SE about it after the weekend he was able to log into his account again, Without the SE Account.
 Bismarck.Mrbank
サーバ: Bismarck
user: MrBank
By Bismarck.Mrbank 2009-06-04 17:28:21  
Diveine,

I had exactly the same problem as yours. However, the agent told me that once SE account is cancelled, it can't be re-activate. Also she told me to buy a new token to solve this problem, which is insane and got me upset. Would be nice if you can let me know what you said to the agent to get your SE account reactivated? And if you can remember or having the log saved, what was the name of the agent?

Thanks in advance.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-04 17:30:39  
I'm having issues logging in now.. do I use the SE account password ??
 Carbuncle.Cianti
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2009-06-04 17:46:49  
Ive tried entering my password and it doesn't work.. and I've also tried to reset it but got a weird email same as Aralyn
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-06-21 23:38:50  
the scrambled emails usually mean you need to call the POL help line. i don't understand why POL still hasn't fixed this issue. the number is (858) 790-7529
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Tsunamii
サーバ: Phoenix
user: TsuRyou
By Phoenix.Tsunamii 2009-07-23 02:03:20  
Almost got confused i just sent out for my token ^^
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8