SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
SE Accounts 101 (RE: Token/Satchel)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-04-07 17:25:18  
So even though I've already bought a token, I won't be able to get the satchel until my token gets shipped to me and I register it to my account?
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 17:26:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Shindo said:
So even though I've already bought a token, I won't be able to get the satchel until my token gets shipped to me and I register it to my account?

Correct. Just like any other in-game item bonus from a product, you will receive a code with the actual product itself when it gets mailed to you.
 Fenrir.Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-04-07 18:10:47  
Ah, It's news to me since it's the first one I've bought.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 18:12:52

I could live without the Tidal Talisman but I wanted to kick myself for missing out on the FFXI piano collections and getting a Harpsichord ; ; That thing is uber awesome.
 Fenrir.Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-04-07 18:16:47  
I woulda bought a Talisman if I'd known it came with that badass-looking coat.
 Valefor.Ghuda
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-07 18:27:36  
Umm is there any reason why you cant just wait to link and register all this ***until you get the token?

Have i missed something or is everyone just impatient?
 Pandemonium.Teedo
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Teedo
By Pandemonium.Teedo 2009-04-07 18:30:04  
im having a PRob with thelinking of my Account to the SE account i put in the Email info and they sent me jibberish a bunch or lower case Capital letters and numbers all together idk wtf it is but my account is not linked Se failed me ><;
 Valefor.Ghuda
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-07 19:29:59  
Just spoke to a GM, he said

"I would wait until i had the token in my hand before setting up se accounts due to the high level of mistakes players are making."
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-04-07 19:36:26  
about not being able to relace the battery. is it really all that big of a deal to pay $10 for a new token that is shipped directly to you (with no shipping charges mind you) instead of paying $3, $4, $7 or more to drive out and hope the store has the obscure battery type it uses? i was pissed about that too until i thought about it. SE explains that if the battery is about to die, you should deactivate the token and order a new one. seems simple enough to me.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-07 19:39:01

Albeit $10 is cheap, the fact of the matter is we already paid full price for the token in of itself. We shouldn't have to fully replace it and pay another $10 for a new one when it probably costs SE like less than $2 to replace the battery. Although I suppose shipping prices would make this transaction petty and unnecessary. Seems like such a waste to me.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-07 19:43:41  
would be easier if the thing ran on triple A battires which everyone has/can buy.
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-07 20:14:51  
they should at least recycle the old tokens once they run out of batteries. maybe do a send in your old one get your new one half off thing. just seems like a waste of materials/resources to make something that people will probably replace once or twice a year.
 Seraph.Smiley
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Smiley 2009-04-07 22:50:56  
I use a similar token when I work from home and I can tell you that the batteries on those things generally last a good amount of time. Hopefully the SE version will have a similar battery life.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-07 22:57:39  
Ludoggy said:
would be easier if the thing ran on triple A battires which everyone has/can buy.

Easier, but sure won't make S-E money like the "replace it every year" system >.<
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-08 00:08:22  
Just found this battery deal out. not liking that... -.-
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-08 00:11:58  
Artemicion said:
I could live without the Tidal Talisman but I wanted to kick myself for missing out on the FFXI piano collections and getting a Harpsichord ; ; That thing is uber awesome.

The talisman has already saved me lots of time, but i was never able to order that CD, was busy till sale was over. ; ; Waiting for someone to post that album on a torrent still. >< I really did just want the album lol
 Valefor.Tenchu
user: Tenchu
By Valefor.Tenchu 2009-04-08 01:31:28  
If the mog bag is a code packaged with the key, then you wouldnt have sync the key to your account. You can just use the code and get the bag, then never use the key. Anyone know if that's true?

*Edit* Nevermind, i saw it on the first page *sigh*
 Unicorn.Tavlov
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-08 03:15:16  
Ghuda said:
Just spoke to a GM, he said

"I would wait until i had the token in my hand before setting up se accounts due to the high level of mistakes players are making."

Everyone scream FIRE!
 Kujata.Gropitou
サーバ: Kujata
user: Gropitou
By Kujata.Gropitou 2009-04-08 17:10:20  
Your details made the process very easy, thank you.
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-04-14 08:07:21  
Littledarc said:
lol i fumbled around for an hour and a half

that's what HE said

Littledarc said:
I'm just pissed off you can't change the damn battery.

i know a guy with a truck and a car battery, trouble is gonna be hooking it up and wheeling it across the street, while dodging traffic.
my whole life has lead up to this moment....
i got this
 Asura.Ktjrn
サーバ: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-14 08:08:46

Did anyone get their token yet?

Still waiting on mine so far. Supposed to be here tomorrow. Just trying to find out if anyone has any problems yet
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-04-14 08:27:39  
so from my understanding, lets just say i assign same token to POL ID's A, B, and C and then obtain satchels on the main character A, main character B as well as his mules Ba + Bb, and character C's mule Ca BUT I forget to get satchel on main character C:

* Can I cancel POL ID-B and ID-C from the SE account, voiding the need to sign in with security token on those two POL ID's but still maintain POL ID-A's option to login with the security dongle?
*Main character B and his mules Ba and Bb still keep satchels post-token cancellation?
*Main character C is permenantly without ability to obtain mog satchel since POL ID-C cannot ever re-register for a new security token, but mule Ca still keeps the extra inventory space?

pencils down
... and discuss
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-14 08:46:48

Vytiss said:
so from my understanding, lets just say i assign same token to POL ID's A, B, and C and then obtain satchels on the main character A, main character B as well as his mules Ba + Bb, and character C's mule Ca BUT I forget to get satchel on main character C:

* Can I cancel POL ID-B and ID-C from the SE account, voiding the need to sign in with security token on those two POL ID's but still maintain POL ID-A's option to login with the security dongle?
*Main character B and his mules Ba and Bb still keep satchels post-token cancellation?
*Main character C is permenantly without ability to obtain mog satchel since POL ID-C cannot ever re-register for a new security token, but mule Ca still keeps the extra inventory space?

pencils down
... and discuss

Unless all those characters are on the same account, I think you only get 1 Sachel. If its like the tidal Tailsman, u get a code in the mail, u pick the account u want to use it on and they have it. I could be wrong tho
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-04-14 08:55:59  
would be sweet to leech off a friend's dongle and get a free satchel... AND have a satchel for my mules.
Vytiss said:
would be sweet to leech off a friend's dongle and get a free satchel

can i "that's what SHE said my own line?"
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-14 09:02:39  
As far as I know...
No, you can't. All ID's would be affected in the same way and you'd be unable to use it on any of them.
 Fairy.Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-04-14 10:27:21  
buuuuuut, they still keep their satchels right?
think people would be shooting themselves in the foot by cancelling their security tokens? I don't really care about the extra security, really, i already have 2 layers of password protection... with my luck, I'd drop my dongle in the toilet anyways (lol).
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-14 10:33:10  
Yes, you keep the satchel on any character that you first received it with. But you are unable to continue to log-in with the token on any account.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-16 17:18:34  
i've updated the OP to reflect how to link your security token and other questions that have been asked.
 Garuda.Sphynxer
user: Sphynxer
By Garuda.Sphynxer 2009-04-16 17:26:08  
Thanks again! perfectly simple and easy instructions!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8