The Days Of Our PDT Builds Numbered?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of our PDT builds numbered?
The days of our PDT builds numbered?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 04:34:42  
An hour of fun lol, get lost. Just greedy and want the items for yourself.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 04:35:51  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Shiva.Kollosis said:
To some people that's an hour of fun. If you really stand there for an hour watching a bst solo something then i guess it's truly your own fault that time has become meaningless.

This.

If I planned on doing x NM and a greedy BST was soloing and didn't wanna team up, yeah its wasting time in the long run. They are blocking you from that NM and preventing you from accomplishing your goals. In the long run, you waste that persons online time, even if they are doing something else, their primary goal was not achieved due to you.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 04:35:51  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Isn't that why anyone solo's, ever? I know I solo because I want the items and because I want to have fun.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 04:39:08  
It is, but most intelligent people know how to do ***fast. Hint: Soloing is the most inefficient method for getting gear in Abyssea (pure solo, not two boxing). If you are so hellbent on being a greedy *** (you will get the gear WAY faster by setting up a low man group to do what you need) then you should get a 2nd account so you don't waste other peoples time with this broken PDT crap.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 04:42:24  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Isn't that why anyone solo's, ever? I know I solo because I want the items and because I want to have fun.

When I can't get other people together to help me, I will solo the NMs that have what I want until friends are available to help me. Not going to waste 20 something dollars just to appease someone QQing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 04:43:36  
lol so you would rather take 1hr and get 0 drops due to no proc? Good lord, the intelligence of some of these posters in this thread.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2011-05-13 04:44:44  
How is a BST soloing an nm greedy? Are all the other people in the game entitled to the drops they worked for? Did it occur maybe the BST can use ALL the items dropped? The BST is greedy because YOU waste your time watching him? Like i said before....claim the NM 1st or GTFO,quit crying and do something else. Maybe YOUR greedy for not giving the BST part of your drops. Theres no greed involved in this process. Get the claim or get over it. Im pretty sure the BST's dont cry when you have claim. Its their account,and their play style....if you dont like it, do something else or get over it. WHen me and my friends see an NM being fought by BST or any type of party, we dont cry about it....we go kill something else real quick and come back. I guess maybe you just dont come to abby prepared and feel the need to whine, sorry to hear that =/
[+]
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 04:45:23  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
lol so you would rather take 1hr and get 0 drops due to no proc? Good lord, the intelligence of some of these posters in this thread.

Better than sitting in PJ and watching the Alexander vs Shiva shouts.

And I've gotten lucky a few times, concerning drops.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2011-05-13 04:46:50  
people dont solo the nm's with no proc's because their dumb...some of them may have odd playtimes and trouble getting help. So soloing with no proc is better then not going at all.
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-05-13 04:47:31  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
It is, but most intelligent people know how to do ***fast. Hint: Soloing is the most inefficient method for getting gear in Abyssea (pure solo, not two boxing). If you are so hellbent on being a greedy *** (you will get the gear WAY faster by setting up a low man group to do what you need) then you should get a 2nd account so you don't waste other peoples time with this broken PDT crap.

I remember when the speed of a kill determined whether someone was a greedy ***...... Oh wait- no i don't because that's probably the dumbest ***i've ever seen spew out of someone's mouth.
[+]
 Shiva.Napsuko
user: Napsuko
By Shiva.Napsuko 2011-05-13 04:51:38  
..This is trolling, right? I mean really, we're all in Abyssea to get something. We're all motivated to obtain such, and such item. I am sure as hell not in Abyssea to look at a purple sky version of the original zone. :/ Even if you're there to help someone, the person you're helping is still greedy in that sense. (Before someone pulls out the joys of Abyssea on me.. Only the first few kills of 'x' NM are usually 'fun'. After that, you're there to obtain something)

Solution? Goto a different NM for an hour! Or just wait. Won't kill you.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2011-05-13 04:52:03  
BST soloin ***in abyssea isnt greedy.. if they were greedy they would run an LS and lot everything they needed before anyone else. I disagree with someone ninja poppin an NM only to take forever to kill it, personally i love BST.. well i did before abyssea. but if i intend to solo somethign i do it when the pop is free, if im in the middle of killing something and a group comes and starts talking crap in /s or /t then tough ***on them.. i will slow down. If a group comes and offers to help kill.. then i let them do so. I would rather solo Fistule (for example) than drag people along for the ride 25+ times.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-05-13 04:54:15  
Anytime I solo something on BST or DNC I almost always team up with people if they ask to and they are willing to let me have the thing I am after (usually a seal as I don't do any Emps). My only rule is that I get to be party leader and no Alliances, because a few times I have had people say eff-it and lot on the seals I was after anyway. I also will not team up if a mob is under 5% and the group *just* showed up, at that point they won't be waiting that much longer and they can just deal with it.

Usually not a big deal though to team up with someone, most things that take a long time to earn pops for I can't solo reliably anyway, so a group is usually welcome, anything else it simply speeds up the process (allows another pop item to be used or repop timer to start sooner) and the increased chances of survival and drop rate are always worth teaming up, as long as you take measure to protect said drops from D-bags etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 04:58:05  
You all seem to be forgetting the point I brought earlier. Even if I go do something else, you are wasting my online time in the long run. I came with the intention of getting x item, you are preventing me from getting x item due to taking 1hr to solo. That is another hour I will have to wait, regardless of what I am doing, to achieve my goal I had set for that online time. The point of all this, BST should not have -100% PDT to afk solo and waste 1hr of people's time (the people who refuse to team up.)
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-13 05:02:45  
I think BST deserves beeing able to solo stuff etc, but..
Do you really think -100% PDT is the way it should be done?
It's pretty much like turning on PLD 2hr, that never wears off.
How is that balanced?
50% PDT is a really powerful tool, but when it goes above like 80%? That's just broken, in my opinion.
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-05-13 05:02:54  
Lucky for you +2 mats drop in multiple zones. After an empy? Oh hey a solo beast can only hold one pop at a time. Oh it's free roam? Learn to claim.
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-05-13 05:03:26  
"Even if I go do something else, you are wasting my online time in the long run."

I want to say first that I don't disagree with you about BSTs derping things to death, but at the same time this kinda makes me chuckle inside. When you look at the even longer run... say 10 years from now when FFXI doesn't exist, isn't everything you have done throughout all your gameplay time considered wasted time? It's all for nothing in the end, so why get upset when people are wasting the time that you have already committed yourself to wasting?
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-05-13 05:04:31  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
How is that balanced?
50% PDT is a really powerful tool, but when it goes above like 80%? That's just broken, in my opinion.

A jug pet can still get rocked by magic.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-13 05:05:38  
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
How is that balanced?

PLD 2hr works like that too, that's why I used it as an example.
It's still broken >_>
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 05:08:22  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
How is that balanced?

It's still broken >_>

It is broken, especially against non-casting mobs like I encountered today...

Titan.Lillica said:
"Even if I go do something else, you are wasting my online time in the long run."

I want to say first that I don't disagree with you about BSTs derping things to death, but at the same time this kinda makes me chuckle inside. When you look at the even longer run... say 10 years from now when FFXI doesn't exist, isn't everything you have done throughout all your gameplay time considered wasted time? It's all for nothing in the end, so why get upset when people are wasting the time that you have already committed yourself to wasting?

Not really because I would have enjoyed the time I spent getting my goals accomplished. If this game was a waste of time to me I wouldn't be playing. Let's look at the even longer longer run, we all die someday, so why are we wasting time on anything? I think you need to just enjoy what you are doing for it to not be a waste.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 05:08:23  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You all seem to be forgetting the point I brought earlier. Even if I go do something else, you are wasting my online time in the long run. I came with the intention of getting x item, you are preventing me from getting x item due to taking 1hr to solo. That is another hour I will have to wait, regardless of what I am doing, to achieve my goal I had set for that online time. The point of all this, BST should not have -100% PDT to afk solo and waste 1hr of people's time (the people who refuse to team up.)

And it's killing you to wait until X monster is killed? If you're doing something else while waiting, that's not really wasting time. Sure, it's not what you had planned, but you're still doing something else online. And, you can come back another time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 05:09:37  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

And it's killing you to wait until X monster is killed? If you're doing something else while waiting, that's not really wasting time. Sure, it's not what you had planned, but you're still doing something else online. And, you can come back another time.

Yes because I had came prepared to do X and instead I come to see a BST who refuses to team up and takes an hour to solo using broken tool to win.
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-05-13 05:10:50  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
How is that balanced?

It's still broken >_>

But it definitely limits the things we fight. Bsts dont generally go around seeking the most magic-happy NMs to solo do they?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-13 05:13:00  
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
How is that balanced?

It's still broken >_>

But it definitely limits the things we fight. Bsts dont generally go around seeking the most magic-happy NMs to solo do they?

No, but how does that make -100%PDT not broken?
Like I said, I'm all for BSTs soloing stuff, but -100%PDT? really?
I don't have anything against BST, I just think beeing immune to physical attacks is broken.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 05:13:14  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Yes because I had came prepared to do X and instead I come to see a BST who refuses to team up and takes an hour to solo using broken tool to win.

The way I see it, it would take BST even longer to solo something without -100% PDT. Not to mention, they're using Jug Pets, which require spending gil to use. They would burn through jugs pets so much faster, costing more money, costing even more money (gil, whatever) to buy Pet Zetta snacks, taking up even more of your time in the long run. I'm sure you can come up with creative ways as to how.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 05:17:21  
The whole point of this is, not BST soloing, the fact they are using a broken 100% -PDT to solo things w/o a care.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 05:18:37  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

The way I see it, it would take BST even longer to solo something without -100% PDT. Not to mention, they're using Jug Pets, which require spending gil to use. They would burn through jugs pets so much faster, costing more money, costing even more money (gil, whatever) to buy Pet Zetta snacks, taking up even more of your time in the long run. I'm sure you can come up with creative ways as to how.

You are assuming that beasts will still be able to do all of the Nms they currently can. I see this as doubtful. A lot of these will rage on the beasts if they take longer, so by all means, try to do it with only 50% PDT.
 Shiva.Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 05:19:23  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
The whole point of this is, not BST soloing, the fact they are using a broken 100% -PDT to solo things w/o a care.

Then level BST, so you can do the same? Though I'm sure you're not so inconsiderate as to do such a silly thing like that. Or was it the procs you were concerned about?

Derp.
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-05-13 05:20:32  
Exactly what Aaralyn said. So go ahead and nerf pdt, i'll round up the bst friends and we will all use lvl 20 jug pets to make your miserable experiences inside abyssea even slower. By nerfing pdt all you're doing is making your current situation even worse.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 05:21:57  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Then level BST, so you can do the same? Though I'm sure you're not so inconsiderate as to do such a silly thing like that. Or was it the procs you were concerned about?

Derp.

Or I could not suck and actually get the job done by not going BST? Also, in doing so not wasting other peoples time?

Shiva.Kollosis said:
Exactly what Aaralyn said. So go ahead and nerf pdt, i'll round up the bst friends and we will all use lvl 20 jug pets to make your miserable experiences inside abyssea even slower. By nerfing pdt all you're doing is making your current situation even worse.

Go for it, I bet you wipe without your precious exploit.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9