The Days Of Our PDT Builds Numbered?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of our PDT builds numbered?
The days of our PDT builds numbered?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-05-11 06:40:53  
It doesn't bother me that bsts take so long to kill mobs and can waste a lot of time for others... It's the fact that they are ok with having 90-100% pdt reduction. I just don't see how anyone who plays this game would argue that this is a reasonable thing to have. 50% PDT is still very useful, you just won't be able to solo mobs that you really shouldn't be able to solo in the first place.

Also, this attitude that every job needs a use in every situation is getting really annoying to me. Yes, Bst arn't really one of the main jobs required for being efficient in abyssea (as are half the current jobs). They do, however, have thier uses in other events though. So either suck up the fact that you will not be one of the top tier jobs in abyssea or level a secondary job. It's as easy as that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 06:43:04  
Valefor.Forgotten said:
Quote:
I was giving you our perspective, since all you seemed to acknowledge is your own "I wanna solo on bst, I put all this work into a gamebreaking -90% PDT gearset"

I don't know why you feel a pet should be able to reach these ridiculous levels of PDT. The only thing it does is allow a niche group (bst) to waste the time of the majority of the player base. Am I wrong?
Either trolling me or didn't read. Let me highlight where you went wrong.
Right_in_the_OP said:
You know if SE nerfs it they aren't going to just nerf it down to something like 75% either, they'll totally make the effort we put into collecting gear to get closer to 100 into a total waste because ducal guard atma alone will be at the cap if this moron gets their way. If that happens I'm really gonna want some hours of my life back. Recent hours >.<
Right_in_preceeding_post said:
I came here to let off steam about an possible impending overkill nerf, because SE always goes to far or not far enough and has yet to meet the middle ground.

Quote:
Should beastmaster be allowed to get 90-100% damage reduction for their pet
An 80% cap for everybody, not just pets would be fine. Or even 70. The person that started this was calling for a cap of 50% on pets. And after posting here I get told any job can make it past 50...Why should I accept 50? 50 iss just to low to make the gear we worked for worth having.

I think pets should be able to reach the same level of PDT as players can. I was under the impression that this caps out at 50% dmg reduction. Are your sources valid? its 730am, so i'm too tired to look the stuff up extensively. I didn't think players were able to break 50%.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 06:43:45  
Quote:
yes. the whole point of bst is to solo ***. how often do you really get inconvenienced by a bst soloing a boss in abyssea?
All the time thanks to my vast beastmaster conspiracy man! We're bsts and we're in their zones solo'ing their dudes 24/7!
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 06:46:33  
Valefor.Forgotten said:
Quote:
yes. the whole point of bst is to solo ***. how often do you really get inconvenienced by a bst soloing a boss in abyssea?
All the time thanks to my vast beastmaster conspiracy man! We're bsts and we're in their zones solo'ing their dudes 24/7!

Yes, you should be able to solo stuff. Should you be able to solo Ulhuadshi and take forever doing it? NO!

Beast hasn't been able to solo the top NMs in the game, Why should they now that they have broken PDT for pets. It's broken and needs to be fixed.

I have had the unfortunate luck to run into this problem several times. Do I think its a pressing concern that needs to be "nerf bat" fixed asap? No, but I think its unreasonable of beasts to want their pets to get 90%-100% dmg reduction. Think its the whining of greedy bsts.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 06:46:36  
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
I think pets should be able to reach the same level of PDT as players can. I was under the impression that this caps out at 50% dmg reduction. Are your sources valid? its 730am, so i'm too tired to look the stuff up extensively. I didn't think players were able to break 50%.

My sources was simply this thread, I asked and was told. Entire reason why I asked was because if players can't go past 50% I think it should be increased at the same time pet gets reduced, equal amount less than 100 but more than 50.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 06:49:18  
Valefor.Forgotten said:

My sources was simply this thread, I asked and was told. Entire reason why I asked was because if players can't go past 50% I think it should be increased at the same time pet gets reduced, equal amount less than 100 but more than 50.

Why should it go past 50%? So your bst can solo stuff it has no business soloing? Players are fine with a 50% cap in damage reduction...

Your source was Rinnsi on page one? I think he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. He was adding up the "Possible" things you could have, not taking into account that SE put a hard cap on it...like accuracy.

I'm 98% sure that players can't get above 50% reduction. Except BLM, who can have 75% during manafont

This is where the miscommunication lies I think. The player base doesn't think BST pets should be able to reach these stupid high values of PDT. I agree with them. Why should a bst pet be allowed to bypass caps.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-11 06:56:19  
so what gear set is the max for bst pdt?
 Asura.Malkavius
サーバ: Asura
user: Malkavius
By Asura.Malkavius 2011-05-11 06:57:33  
I like this thread :)

People get verrry pissed of when you "waste their time" soloing things.

I was on BST in Abyssea-Altepa just trying to solo crap for the fun of it. I wasn't using a single PDT- atma or gear. What I did (and you still can do in any zone) is drag the mob back to flux 01 area and fight the mob there. As long as you have plenty of Cruor all you have to do is grab a healing salve from the cruor prospector every time pet gets low. No need for pet food just keep graving salves.

The only issue is talking to the npc will stop pet from attacking and if it's a mob that AoE / -ga will be tough sometimes trying to not get event skipped while trying to get new healing salve.

Anyway have fun with that.
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 07:01:19  
Why should it go past 50%? So your bst can solo stuff it has no business soloing?
/facepalm

For someone tired your really intent on keeping that steaming load of crap stinking up the place as long as possible. Already commented this in previous post and I'm not quoting it so that you can not read it once again.

I can't take you seriously anymore. You could entirely remove -pdt and you will still have long fights that waste your precious time. Then you'll have to nerf regen atma. and pet food. and kiting. and 5 other jobs. maybe more. I don't feel like counting up all the slow solo strats. And we haven't even got to those lousy groups that take all day screwing up their fights or procs or both.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 07:06:43  
Valefor.Forgotten said:
Why should it go past 50%? So your bst can solo stuff it has no business soloing?
/facepalm

For someone tired your really intent on keeping that steaming load of crap stinking up the place as long as possible. Already commented this in previous post and I'm not quoting it so that you can not read it once again.

Maybe i'm blind, but when you quoted you just wanted them to raise the cap to 80%. You are taking that guys word for it saying that players can reach higher than 50% dmg reduction. I'm saying players can NOT go above 50%. So your argument is "Well they should go higher so my pet can, so i didn't waste all this time for the gear."

That's nonsense. It was broken to begin with, i'm sure that SE intended for pets to have a cap of 50% dmg reduction, they just failed at programming.

If i'm right, and players cap at 50% dmg reduction, are you okay with pets being taken down to 50% also?
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 07:10:30  
Quote:
Quote: Raistlinratt
I was giving you our perspective, since all you seemed to acknowledge is your own "I wanna solo on bst, I put all this work into a gamebreaking -90% PDT gearset"

I don't know why you feel a pet should be able to reach these ridiculous levels of PDT. The only thing it does is allow a niche group (bst) to waste the time of the majority of the player base. Am I wrong?
Either trolling me or didn't read. Let me highlight where you went wrong.
Right_in_the_OP said:
You know if SE nerfs it they aren't going to just nerf it down to something like 75% either, they'll totally make the effort we put into collecting gear to get closer to 100 into a total waste because ducal guard atma alone will be at the cap if this moron gets their way. If that happens I'm really gonna want some hours of my life back. Recent hours >.<
Right_in_preceeding_post said:
I came here to let off steam about an possible impending overkill nerf, because SE always goes to far or not far enough and has yet to meet the middle ground.

Quote:
Quote: raistlinratt
Should beastmaster be allowed to get 90-100% damage reduction for their pet
An 80% cap for everybody, not just pets would be fine. Or even 70. The person that started this was calling for a cap of 50% on pets. And after posting here I get told any job can make it past 50...Why should I accept 50? 50 iss just to low to make the gear we worked for worth having.

This is your quote.....Why should you accept 50? BECAUSE ITS THE M FING CAP! LOL

Players are capped at 50%, and I think raising that would be broken. Then any job could tank anything. Blm would have 90% dmg reduction if the cap was raised to 80% like you suggested.

You are totally ignoring the fact that SE capped dmg reduction at 50% for a reason. Anything more is broken really. But because you want your pet to have higher, it's "Raise everyone's PDT then"

How about pets get capped at the same level as players...and quit trying to solo NMs you shouldn't be soloing.

Peace out beaches! going to sleep. qq more emo bsts >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Forgotten
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-05-11 07:31:35  
you just wanted them to raise the cap to 80%.
I was saying there should be a global cap that is the same for us all, and whatever it is now for players if it it exist, AND pets, should be above 50 and less than 100.

Over and over while you kept spouting how I want invincible pets with 90-100% that can spend 60 min solo'ing and waste your time.

And was the OP not clear about my venting for crying out loud? Nobody wants their effort wasted. It happens and it sucks. No I'm not ok with nobody ever is.

Quote:
Peace out beaches! going to sleep. qq more emo bsts >.>
Trolled the crap out of me in the early hrs of the morning...Probably got me to confuse my own text somewhere in the haze of sleepless more than once while I tried to clarify things you pretended not to understand.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-11 07:37:32  
Don't really bother me since I got everything I ever wanted and this updates items are le fail...and if next updates items are decent then i'll /shock QUAD BOX myself!
 Bismarck.Apathy
user: ApathyMNK
By Bismarck.Apathy 2011-05-11 07:38:13  
This "rationale" TOTALLY doesn't come off as "I'm not selfish for wanting to fight the mob my way, but you are, and I'll say 'majority' to make it sound like rationale instead of obvious personal contempt".
[+]
 Carbuncle.Niusha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-11 07:39:14  
there's some nice pieces for a caladbolg drk in this update, at least... 14 more lanterns and i can start collecting them =)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-11 07:50:34  
Burtgang and Aegis PLDs can bypass the DT cap so clearly all pets have Burtgangs and Aegises, problem solved. Raistlinratt stop being a whiny *** and yes, that's all you look like in this thread. If you somehow nerf how pets work with DP then you'll end up with BSTs doing Zenith 2xRegens in a far more facepalming show of what you would probably call stupidity where just when you think the BST will wipe you remember that its just a pet and they summon a new one, this painful process takes longer than the one used today at the cost of being more expensive as BST actually needs to consistently use reward to heal ~2k+ HP every minute so.
[+]
 Diabolos.Fattynoob
サーバ: Diabolos
user: xprophetx
By Diabolos.Fattynoob 2011-05-11 10:17:52  
because there is only 1 thing ever to do in abyssea!! people just line up /wrist waiting for someone to finish something or to steal their nm. instead of going to be productive at something else for a while.

Apathy just summarized the thread lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-11 10:47:49  
I even leveled BST for solo/duoing NMs with my friend until we got a WHM at while point we switched to BLM/WHM/DD Tank because we didn't want to waste people's time. Sure I don't pay for their subscription but I still play the game with them and I have some decency.

The only issue I've ever had with a BST using/exploiting the pet PDT mechanics is when they refuse help because my group doesn't want to waste 20+ minutes waiting/doing something else when we could proc the NM and drop it in 5~min. But this applies to other people as well.

Diabolos.Fattynoob said:
because there is only 1 thing ever to do in abyssea!! people just line up /wrist waiting for someone to finish something or to steal their nm. instead of going to be productive at something else for a while.
Seems that way now that my friend and I are focused on getting Helms for our Sword/Katana Emps.

Walking away from a "NM line" to get TEs and expect your spot to be held is stupid. This is assuming that everyone there has some form of respect.
[+]
サーバ: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-05-11 10:52:56  

Hold on. What do you mean OUR perspective? You gotta mouse in your pocket or something?

BST don't waste others time. They can waste their own time. But only you can waste your own time. Please stop saying other people waste your time.
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-11 11:01:54  
The waste your time argument is funny in itself its a game that's all it does.. And like sb said only you can waste your own time come back to the nm...

Anyways I was expecting our cap to get ninja nerfed but instead we got a new cape to help us hit 100% and still use razed ruin! Lose 10% mdt but sometimes its worth it.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-11 11:02:38  
What is with all the whining on this site seriously!?

As a BST if they do nerf it what do we expect, we were always living on borrowed time.

As for the ones whining about people taking forever to kill things as BST, tough! They pay their fees every month like you, they have every right to do so. Don't like it? Oh, well!
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-11 11:14:01  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
As for the ones whining about people taking forever to kill things as BST, tough! They pay their fees every month like you, they have every right to do so. Don't like it? Oh, well!
The thing is this is the attitude regardless of your job that makes you a marked player on your server because while it is "your" right you are playing a game with other real people.
[+]
By seiri 2011-05-11 11:16:07  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Valefor.Forgotten said:

Not gonna take any sides on the argument, but this isn't a first. Relics got nerfed, and I sure didn't get any of my time back, same with any other thing that got nerfed in the past, so QQing won't grab much sympathy from anyone who isn't a BST.
That said, one person demanding a nerf on those boards isn't realistically going to make SE nerf it.

This is basically it.

If SE decide to nerf BST, what can you do about it? Nothing. So for the love of god stop whining and stop posting.

P.S. A good dnc or nin/dnc wont even try to solo something that will take hours. Too many morons on the jobs though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
サーバ: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-05-11 11:51:43  
Remove 100% DT cap and give DipperYuly shadows and Migawari. Problem solved.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-11 12:00:25  
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
The thing is this is the attitude regardless of your job that makes you a marked player on your server because while it is "your" right you are playing a game with other real people.

This is the same real people that when you pop something that requires a lot of pop items will wait watching you and hoping you fail so they can steal it?

Sorry, this game was built up on the premise of being a tosser gets you what you want.*

*I should note not everyone is, I've seen many people not do this and even should things go pair shaped will help you out whether it be a random cure or raise.
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-05-11 12:12:46  
Well the good thig about BST solo is that the drops go to one person and they will normally fight the NM once then zone, do something esle, etc. When you have a lowman group(lets say 6 ppl) and they fight the NM multiple times and take the same amount of time. Also BST I know are not opposed to allowing the lowman groups help kill so they can get what they want and get out. BST are the biggest "sharers" in the game. It almost sounds as if some of you are sitting there watching, hoping they die so that you can get a free NM/half dead NM. Why not offer to help? I don't get why ppl are so bitter about this. BST can't do 5k DD to 15 mobs at once, Cure 1.5k in 7 seconds, is about the worst brewer, and so many other gripes. I doubt SE will change this unless tons of people complain. It's been going on for awhile and I haven't noticed it be a huge problem on my server. I have heard ppl complain about nin/dnc but you know if you can solo it and the mob is white/yellow/??? pop then it's all fair game right? I don't mean to sound abrassive, but some sound like they are saying "Whaaa, BST taking to long to solo and I don't want to help. I would rather watch and complain! SE gimp BST so they have to use more jugs/rewards." Even if SE drops it to say 75% BST will replace one atma with SD or another high regen atma and use more rewards. I understand your complaint if the BST would not {team up?} but if you are just sitting there complaining then... well.. continue.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 12:17:53  
All you ppl crying about bsts wasting your time are just wasting time themselves. Real BSTs don't let their pet do ALL of the work. Also, we can't even use our main job ability in Abyssea - remember charm? That's what made BST a BST. Quit your bitching bc we have pets that serve a Paladin's purpose. All bst in abyssea is a dual box with a pld/thf pet-tank and a bst backup dd/healer. You should be thankful it's not a true solo.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-11 12:26:22  
Odin.Trelan said:
Well the good thig about BST solo is that the drops go to one person and they will normally fight the NM once then zone, do something esle, etc. When you have a lowman group(lets say 6 ppl) and they fight the NM multiple times and take the same amount of time. Also BST I know are not opposed to allowing the lowman groups help kill so they can get what they want and get out. BST are the biggest "sharers" in the game.

In your experience, when I've walked up to a BST soloing a mob I get ignored when asked to team up.

I have no problems with BST soloers that are willing to team up to speed up the process I just haven't come across them.

Edit:
Odin.Trelan said:
is about the worst brewer,
My 15-40k Primal Rends on Adzaja (most were in the 20-30k ranges) begs to differ. Its not the 65k+ that wildfire can do but its also no joke like Rampage while brewing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-11 12:30:12  
Odin.Trelan said:
Well the good thig about BST solo is that the drops go to one person and they will normally fight the NM once then zone, do something esle, etc. When you have a lowman group(lets say 6 ppl) and they fight the NM multiple times and take the same amount of time. Also BST I know are not opposed to allowing the lowman groups help kill so they can get what they want and get out. BST are the biggest "sharers" in the game. It almost sounds as if some of you are sitting there watching, hoping they die so that you can get a free NM/half dead NM. Why not offer to help? I don't get why ppl are so bitter about this. BST can't do 5k DD to 15 mobs at once, Cure 1.5k in 7 seconds, is about the worst brewer, and so many other gripes. I doubt SE will change this unless tons of people complain. It's been going on for awhile and I haven't noticed it be a huge problem on my server. I have heard ppl complain about nin/dnc but you know if you can solo it and the mob is white/yellow/??? pop then it's all fair game right? I don't mean to sound abrassive, but some sound like they are saying "Whaaa, BST taking to long to solo and I don't want to help. I would rather watch and complain! SE gimp BST so they have to use more jugs/rewards." Even if SE drops it to say 75% BST will replace one atma with SD or another high regen atma and use more rewards. I understand your complaint if the BST would not {team up?} but if you are just sitting there complaining then... well.. continue.

Couldn't agree more, I always see this more than a slow bst:

Nin/dnc aka forever solo bc you hit soft
Dnc/nin aka i solo everything bc im broken
Pld/dnc aka just keep whacking away and curing yourself
Thf/nin aka see dnc/nin
Pup - not complaining, it's common to solo but not a fast one
Smn - surprisingly good solo, but not fast at all

I dont think bst is slower than any of these solos, with comparative gear/atma/player-skill
サーバ: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-05-11 12:36:24  
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Odin.Trelan said:

Couldn't agree more, I always see this more than a slow bst:

Nin/dnc aka forever solo bc you hit soft
Dnc/nin aka i solo everything bc im broken
Pld/dnc aka just keep whacking away and curing yourself
Thf/nin aka see dnc/nin
Pup - not complaining, it's common to solo but not a fast one
Smn - surprisingly good solo, but not fast at all

I dont think bst is slower than any of these solos, with comparative gear/atma/player-skill

Doesn't matter. what matters is which one is the most recent one to "waste" some brats time. People's attention spans are just that short.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9