The Days Of Our PDT Builds Numbered?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of our PDT builds numbered?
The days of our PDT builds numbered?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-11 14:50:15  
Odin.Trelan said:
1)Compared to any other soloing jobs DoT
I look forward to the day I see that being true, it doesn't happen with the BSTs I've seen :/
Odin.Trelan said:
2)play=skill; setup=atma/gear/pet/etc
I'm confused by "play=skill" does that mean if I leeched a job I won't have the combat/magic skills leveled? If so skill up parties or solo skill ups on random mobs solve that pretty much.
Maybe you mean skill you learn from playing the job but then again learning how to hit a macro/cast a spell here and there in my eyes isn't hard to learn. (excluding PUP that job still scares me learning wise)
 Phoenix.Leglevant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Legs21
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-05-11 14:50:36  
I'm not mad, sarcasm and jokes are typically lost in just a text comment.

I really don't think anyone else is mad, this has been beaten into the ground for a long time. People get frustrated that a BST can solo something ---> BST's come to defend their job/playstyle ---> wash, rinse, repeat, it's a never ending cycle.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-11 14:52:50  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bst is the most reliable job to kill Cuijatender with. Migawari isn't too safe considering it spams ???? needles.

So, there.
Or you can just use a Fanatics drink and zerg it down. Usually everyone in our party has at least one.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 18:46:26  
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Where did all the solo-artists solo'n 10x faster than BST go? Lol

I was sleeping...

Ulhuadshi. My mnk/nin killed in 3 minutes 37 seconds. Lets see your bst do better.

And yes, I wouldn't have a problem if these gimps would team up with me so I could kill it for them and get them out of my way. The problem I have is they do not respond to tells, /says, /shouts, or anything.

(Team up?) (Short time) (treasure) (You can have this)

Is pretty common and understood I think.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-12 04:32:40  
So I did some research and I was right. Dipper's been holding out on us the whole time.

I mean look at this. 2 Aegis AND 2 Burtgangs?
[+]
By Knumskull 2011-05-12 05:18:48  
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

I was sleeping...

Ulhuadshi. My mnk/nin killed in 3 minutes 37 seconds. Lets see your bst do better.

And yes, I wouldn't have a problem if these gimps would team up with me so I could kill it for them and get them out of my way. The problem I have is they do not respond to tells, /says, /shouts, or anything.

you did that solo w/o a whm using only your abilities?
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-12 07:03:28  
Knumskull said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

I was sleeping...

Exactly, he didnt solo it in 3 min on mnk/nin, complete bs, dude keeps lying
you did that solo w/o a whm using only your abilities?
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-12 07:06:09  
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

I was sleeping...

POIDH
 Odin.Trelan
サーバ: Odin
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-05-12 11:14:33  
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I was sleeping... Ulhuadshi. My mnk/nin killed in 3 minutes 37 seconds. Lets see your bst do better. And yes, I wouldn't have a problem if these gimps would team up with me so I could kill it for them and get them out of my way. The problem I have is they do not respond to tells, /says, /shouts, or anything. (Team up?) (Short time) (treasure) (You can have this) Is pretty common and understood I think.

Nice memory to have it down to the second from 3 months ago. I would assume that you must have that on video since you know the exact time.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2011-05-12 11:23:56  
the thing is, BST soloing isn't 'holding', me and my friend who both are on BST, duo some of the higher tiered NMs, it takes us about 15 minutes to do Amhuluk with 2x Dipper Yuly, even after I swap to get trigger for yellow !!. People complaining about jobs and their gear/Atma setup really need to be quiet. Abyssea can't please 'everyone'. So deal with it. Come back when they're done, do something else, theres plenty to do in Abyssea...

You also have to remember, they only get it BELOW 50%, most of the time, Reward brings the pet back over 50% (depending on how much HP of course, and the added Regen effect).

It ALSO depends on what you are fighting. There are mobs that I couldn't touch on DNC without getting my @$$ handed to me, while on BST, they're a spring breeze. It all depends on what you fight, how you fight, and what you use to fight. Some situations are better than others. I know my BST isn't 'on-par' with some of the old-school BSTs or those who have all the '1337' gear, but it does fairly well (Augmented Mirke & Anwig Salade suited for BST =)) I do need to do the PDT Axes at some point and camp some NMs to make it even better, but hell, I know what I'm doing. Most of the time, I've seen soloers take longer to kill than my BST. Again, it all depends on what you're fighting and how you decide to fight it!
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-12 12:06:00  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said:
You also have to remember, they only get it BELOW 50%, most of the time, Reward brings the pet back over 50% (depending on how much HP of course, and the added Regen effect)
Testing posted on Alla says Yuly has 3682 HP at 90 50% is 1841, 25% is 920(.5) All you have to do to stay within that range is use reward that cures for around 800-900 before your pet hits 25% from the Slip Damage of Winged Gloom to stay within the window... That isn't hard to do at least not from what I have seen of the -100% PDT BSTs I've run into. If it drops below 25% then use food that will restore more obviously.
By larsondjl 2011-05-12 15:31:20  
for those of you that are complaining about PDT on bst i can tell you have never played bst before. A long time before abyssea came out we could use charm and just throw pets at a mob till the end of time and never die. that was because we had charm the bread and butter of bst now with abyssea we lose that thats such a huge blow to bst its like taking away refresh from rdm or ballad from brd whats the point you would crush those jobs but bst has made due.
Those who hate the 100%pdt just want it to be like before when bst would pet swap you want to steal our mob and say "well the mob was white", people just hate the fact there job is not the most leet out there.
[+]
By crimsonclear 2011-05-12 16:05:38  
I love my beast, but also think 100% pdt is a bit much. However, you can always take 2 or 3 bst and swap call beast and do the same thing. Or rdm can dot, or smn can send endless avatar. There is always a way to solo or low man, get over it and do something else while you wait
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-12 23:28:12  
Had someone use this atma today.. nerf it please. This is ridiculous.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-12 23:34:14  
This fail crew comes and wipes with 8 people including a damn BLM and their bst's rabbit is holding it forever. How is this not broken?
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-05-12 23:41:46  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
This fail crew comes and wipes with 8 people including a damn BLM and their bst's rabbit is holding it forever. How is this not broken?

Don't people post screenshots of you wiping as their tank?. . .
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-12 23:50:37  
Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Don't people post screenshots of you wiping as their tank?. . .

Wow you are the biggest hater, I think you can rival Khimeria for another stalker. You come into a lot of threads I post in to say something negative to try and offend me, It's honestly hilarious and shocking at the same time. Whatever makes you feel better bro. No, they don't post screenshots of me wiping as a tank.

There was one fool who posted a SS of me dying, that is all. There's a difference between killing something in a moderate amount of time and using a plain cheat to take an hour. Stop derailing the thread or I will report you.
[+]
By zahrah 2011-05-12 23:52:53  
Scrumpet!!!
 Shiva.Ergiyios
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-05-12 23:55:24  
Pandemonium.Zeto said:
So I did some research and I was right. Dipper's been holding out on us the whole time.

Hysterical...

God I hope one of these lolbst's aren't in front of one of my groups >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 00:07:32  
Odin.Trelan said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I was sleeping... Ulhuadshi. My mnk/nin killed in 3 minutes 37 seconds. Lets see your bst do better. And yes, I wouldn't have a problem if these gimps would team up with me so I could kill it for them and get them out of my way. The problem I have is they do not respond to tells, /says, /shouts, or anything. (Team up?) (Short time) (treasure) (You can have this) Is pretty common and understood I think.

Nice memory to have it down to the second from 3 months ago. I would assume that you must have that on video since you know the exact time.

It was right after I unlocked Victory Smite, I looked at my counterstance timer after it died and was surprised at how fast I killed it. I don't see why it's so unbelievable to not remember it, but maybe I have a better memory than the average person. Why would I take a video of something so trivial? (My mnk killed big worm in 3min 37 seconds! yay!)

Everyone would laugh and say "cool story bro" or "and?"

He goes surprisingly easy and fast if you can not let him hit you (less TP) and use a little subtle blow also. Mnk/nin he rarely hits you and throwing out 3k WS's adds up quickly. The only thing that slows down the fight is his absorb move. The time I killed him in 3min 37sec he used his other moves, didn't use absorb.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 00:42:03  
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Pandemonium.Zeto said:

Hysterical...

God I hope one of these lolbst's aren't in front of one of my groups >.>

Should change those weapons to onion knives. That's how long it takes these fail cheaters to kill crap.
[+]
 Shiva.Aaralyn
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-05-13 00:56:39  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

May as well get rid of Atma of Apoc while they're at it then.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 01:20:48  
It's not the same. This is completely broken. You can literally toss the pet at the NM and afk for an hour and hold up people... SE already nerfed this for SMN, this will be as well.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-05-13 01:45:50  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's not the same. This is completely broken. You can literally toss the pet at the NM and afk for an hour and hold up people... SE already nerfed this for SMN, this will be as well.

It wasn't nerfed for SMN. It was taken back to what to what the original intent was. At 50% or less health you receive 50% -pdt. It still works like that on SMN. SMN pets also have a natural -pdt since pets only about about 1000 hp (max 2k hp).
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 01:47:14  
They still take dmg, go try it.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
サーバ: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-05-13 01:49:21  
How about brew? You can literally kill a few NMs with a single brew and it only costs 200k cruor and you're basically invincible but for a BST it takes a while to solo a single NM. You also can't just AFK for an hour...unless of course you were exaggerating.

The problem isn't even about the -100%DT, it's only about people being upset because 'their' NM is taken and the rationale that people have that a group of five people should have the right to an NM even though someone else was there first, or got claim first. For anything that matters, they probably require pop items so it's not like a BST is going to monopolize the ???.

If pets were able to kill mobs likes Ulhuadashi with -100%DT in 3 minutes, then that would be broken.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 01:51:02  
No it's broken period.. They can afk and sit and come back to it dead. This bst today had their pet taking zero dmg... the entire time. How is that fair or reasonable at all? It's cheating. They took forever and they hold people up from fighting the NM.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-05-13 01:52:26  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
They still take dmg, go try it.

I know they still take damage. They just take a very reduced amount at 50% health (50% -pdt). The nerf you keep talking about was the atma that didn't work properly, unless you are referring to something else? I can keep one Garuda out indefinitely with DG and then whispering wind when needed.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 01:55:02  
You still have to keep your pet alive and actually do something. These bst can just afk and have the pet attacking it all day. You can't keep garuda alive for everything like these bst can.
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-05-13 02:07:50  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
No it's broken period.. They can afk and sit and come back to it dead. This bst today had their pet taking zero dmg... the entire time. How is that fair or reasonable at all? It's cheating. They took forever and they hold people up from fighting the NM.

q.q ca choo
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9