フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Atma Choices
Atma Choices
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 12:47:14  
When I throw things into my spreadsheet, I end up with RR/SS/GH or DD edging out RR/SS/Apoc by approximately 1%. The way I have the spreadsheet set up it calculates the DPS with several different offhands, which I choose the best of when comparing things like Atma or gear.

Constants I used, before weapons or Atma:
Base Attack = 484 (362 dagger skill, 8 base, 34 from gear, 80 from STR w/ Cruor buffs)
Base DA = 34.5%
Base TA = 3%
Dual Wield = 48%
Haste = 40% (gear and Haste spell)
Base Crit Damage in the TP phase = 13%
Base Crit rate in the TP phase = 25% (after dDEX)
A lot of other ones that aren't very relevant for the comparison.

I did one set with food and one without food, and it didn't really matter very much. If not using Apoc, DA+10% Parazonium consistently came out as the best offhand. If using Apoc, STP Fusetto or STR Kila came out as the best offhand. From experience with this spreadsheet, things like that tend to depend mostly on where the daggers fall with respect to TP/hit for that dual wield value, so changing the Dual Wield values could change which dagger is best and consequently favor Apoc or GH.

Anyway, these are the values I came up with, just the RCB version:
487 : STP Fusetto +2 offhand - Apoc/RR/SS
491.95 : DA+10% Parazonium offhand - GH/RR/SS
463 : DA+10% Parazonium offhand - GH/RR/DD
483.5 : STR Kila +2 offhand - Apoc/RR/GH

Given the defensive advantages of GH (25 Evasion and 10% Counter) and the offensive advantages, I'm not sure it's really worth taking off.
 Cerberus.Mystina
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-10 13:11:34  
Are you basing GH off the critical hit rate? or just the defensive capabilities of it, because DNC already has means of sky rocketing critical hit rate to where you can get away with no GH at this point, of course it is a good atma, but is by no means a set in stone "must" atma anymore, unless it would out dd SS?

And i have been in constant battle to weither to stick to apoc or not, DNC does not have the triple attack THF does so i don't see it benefiting them as much as THF.

But all in all you would suggest Parazonium best offhand?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 13:14:25  
Cerberus.Mystina said:
Are you basing GH off the critical hit rate? or just the defensive capabilities of it, because DNC already has means of sky rocketing critical hit rate to where you can get away with no GH at this point, of course it is a good atma, but is by no means a set in stone "must" atma anymore, unless it would out dd SS?

And i have been in constant battle to weither to stick to apoc or not, DNC does not have the triple attack THF does so i don't see it benefiting them as much as THF.

But all in all you would suggest Parazonium best offhand?
terrible offhand, and the extra 20% crit rate helps evisceration a lot more than you think.

To give an example, 55% crit rate with just RR and natural crit would be roughly 2.77% chance to crit all 6 hits. With GH and RR, you bump that chance up to around 17.8%
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-10 13:20:46  
Is this with or without climatic flourish tho, because that ja almost ensures you will critical. but in my case it's rudra's/evis
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 13:23:48  
Cerberus.Mystina said:
Is this with or without climatic flourish tho, because that ja almost ensures you will critical. but in my case it's rudra's/evis
Without. Why would you waste climactic on evisceration? It only affects the first hit.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-10 13:26:07  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Cerberus.Mystina said:
Without. Why would you waste climactic on evisceration? It only affects the first hit.

Perhaps i should have specified, i use Climactic for Rudra's only, evis is for when its down or i can't afford to use all 5 steps for it.

But if you are saying tha GH is just for evis numbers i can understand.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 13:28:58  
Cerberus.Mystina said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Cerberus.Mystina said:

Perhaps i should have specified, i use Climactic for Rudra's only, evis is for when its down or i can't afford to use all 5 steps for it.

But if you are saying tha GH is just for evis numbers i can understand.
I can't speak for rudras yet, I don't have it.
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-08-10 13:31:58  
Does it matter what atma u use to brew since brew makes ur stats 999? was brewing ortherus last night on WAR and i couldnt do ***, tried cataclysm that sucked didnt know what else to try so i just Raging Rushed him , i was only able to get thru 2 Ortherus.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 13:32:54  
Ramuh.Austar said:

I can't speak for rudras yet, I don't have it.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 13:33:50  
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Does it matter what atma u use to brew since brew makes ur stats 999? was brewing ortherus last night on WAR and i couldnt do ***, tried cataclysm that sucked didnt know what else to try so i just Raging Rushed him , i was only able to get thru 2 Ortherus.
MAB isn't capped. so stacking that helps....along with Dark damage atma....Atmas of the Cosmos I think
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 13:34:15  
Yeah, GH helps Evis numbers and DPS.

I find CF Rudra's is a waste of FMs in Abyssea on NQ mobs, because it returns 5 TP and kills them, while Evisceration would have returned like 13 TP and killed them. Bigger numbers, but not better really.

Generally I'm running low Haste support when I fight NMs and stuff, so I just use RR/GH/DD. The fact that I can get away with wearing 0 Evasion gear seems to counter the loss of DPS. Not that important to me though. I have entered Abyssea about three times in the last month.

Don't brew Orthrus (Cerberus type) with a Darkness Weaponskill. The real answer is to not brew Orthrus at all, because he's one of the easiest AF3+2 dropping monsters, but if you're going to brew him you would probably have better luck with Flash Nova or something. Stay away from Fire, Ice, and Darkness for sure.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-10 13:38:16  
Orthrus is also pretty resistant to light-based magic, so would flash nova also be problematic?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 13:40:02  
I don't know, he resists everything. You'd be best off melee brewing him or just not brewing such an easy monster.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-10 13:40:51  
I brewed him once, but that was like, the week he came out and I just wanted to be the first NA on the server with Atheling Mantle.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-10 13:46:26  
He is not good to use any magic type crap on tbh, i'd just stick to dd ws, but like it was said he really isn't worth breweing unless you just making thigns faster obviously. but he pretty much resists all forms of magic, Dark and fire imo (sometimes wind?) are usually the top forms of breweing elements anyway and he's bad for those, much like bhukis is for ice and dark. (but i think bhukis just has to much damn hp)
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 13:55:42  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I don't know, he resists everything. You'd be best off melee brewing him or just not brewing such an easy monster.
Doesn't resist a monk.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-10 14:13:14  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Doesn't resist a monk.

or a dnc
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 20:33:04  
Offtopic, but I have a very strong suspicion that Steps can be Parried/Guarded. Has anyone else experienced this?
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 20:34:42  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Offtopic, but I have a very strong suspicion that Steps can be Parried/Guarded. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've been whiffing a lot on the Plucking Wings Yagudo NM, and Yags in general. Though I don't know if that's parry/guard, 5% rule or just me sucking.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 22:46:33  
I don't know, immediately after I posted that I went into Dynamis and parsed a 95% Step rate (>100 Box Steps) against Orcs even with ***like Flash and Shadows. I take it back, I guess. xD I really really wish they let us take Step Hit Rate up to 100%.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 22:49:07  
Dunno, but I swear presto lowers my step acc. I miss way too many. Either that, or it just pisses me off more than it should.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 22:50:13  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I don't know, immediately after I posted that I went into Dynamis and parsed a 95% Step rate (>100 Box Steps) against Orcs even with ***like Flash and Shadows. I take it back, I guess. xD I really really wish they let us take Step Hit Rate up to 100%.

lol, well I guess that 5% is just irritating enough to be noticeable. :(

Ramuh.Austar said:
Either that, or it just pisses me off more than it should.

It's probably just that. @@;
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 22:51:39  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Either that, or it just pisses me off more than it should.

It's probably just that. @@;[/quote]
I swear. ; ; at least 33% chance I miss with presto up.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-10 22:54:48  
step accuracy merits GO
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 22:57:19  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
step accuracy merits GO
what a revelation!
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 22:59:47  
Ramuh.Austar said:

Didn't Byrth test that it actually gives +acc? Or am I crazy. Byrth am I crazy?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-10 23:00:27  
you're cole phelps
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 23:01:55  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Didn't Byrth test that it actually gives +acc? Or am I crazy. Byrth am I crazy?
I think we're all pretty crazy.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 23:02:57  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
you're cole phelps

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 23:03:32  
Presto gives +50 Acc, and Steps natively have +10 Acc. We're just fighting the 95% cap either way. I reaaaaallly wish they let us hit 100% Step Hit Rate.