Atma Choices

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Atma Choices
Atma Choices
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 10:22:50  
I think the main reason I liked SD was because in most cases I could do Darkness rather often from TP i was gettin but I'm sure if written down the math is rather bad otherwise compared to other atma choices
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 10:23:58  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Darkzeru said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You do realize you're losing more by using SD in situations where you have buffs, not less, right?
Yea I know its goof on my end. >< I'm still learning
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Might as well TP in fulla heca +1 on jobs that can equip it at that point <_>
lol
that's such a refreshing attitude, compared to the people who ask for advice but refuse to admit they're doing something wrong.
Was that to me? Because I admitted i was wrong :O
Edit: I'm 1/2 sleep so might not catch things right away lol
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-10 10:26:41  
it was a compliment, if that wasn't clear lol. lots of other people have trouble taking advice even if they ask for it.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 10:31:57  
oh ok gotcha lol
If I ask for help I take all the suggestion I can get :P
I knew the slow hindered me but the 5tp/tick I thought was nice (for constant TP and Darkness spams) since most of the time i wasn't doing all that much....

As far as the math how bad it hindered me...had no clue. I like responses on here since alot of people on here seem to have the math behind most things

As far as VV went....kinda thought that was nice too due to the DA and regain but was told earlier that for dagger jobs....not all that good...
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-08-10 10:35:35  
DD set:

1st APOC
2nd GH
3rd RR
4th VV

MAGE set:

1st APOC
2nd MM
3rd Full Moon
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 10:36:16  
Ignore kuroganashi.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-10 10:37:06  
brb, playing dancer mage.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-08-10 10:37:52  
oh *** , just realized it was for DNC :P

oops

thought was general

for DNC = Apoc / RR / VV for sure
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 10:38:06  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ignore kuroganashi.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-10 10:46:14  
apoc/ss/rr <_<
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 10:46:43  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ignore kuroganashi.
lol

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
oh *** , just realized it was for DNC :P oops thought was general for DNC = Apoc / RR / VV for sure
Was told VV isn't all that good for dagger job due to already being close to cap default for fSTR...something in that nature

Quote:
The upper cap of fSTR is equal to floor(Weapon Damage/9+8), so it would cap at +12 for a D43 weapon (43/9) + 8 = 4.777 + 8 -> 4 + 8 = +12, which it would reach when you have 48 more STR than your enemy's VIT. Not very likely to happen for Dancer outside Abyssea, but almost the default inside Abyssea. That's why VV isn't a very good Atma for Dagger jobs.

Edit: Sanguine Scythe seems to be the one that I keep hearing to use as 2nd atma (next to apoc and RR) but never used it yet. I'll try it out later and see how it goes :)
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2011-08-10 10:48:14  
Darkzeru said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ignore kuroganashi.
lol

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said:
oh *** , just realized it was for DNC :P oops thought was general for DNC = Apoc / RR / VV for sure
Was told VV isn't all that good for dagger job due to already being close to cap default for fSTR...something in that nature

Quote:
The upper cap of fSTR is equal to floor(Weapon Damage/9+8), so it would cap at +12 for a D43 weapon (43/9) + 8 = 4.777 + 8 -> 4 + 8 = +12, which it would reach when you have 48 more STR than your enemy's VIT. Not very likely to happen for Dancer outside Abyssea, but almost the default inside Abyssea. That's why VV isn't a very good Atma for Dagger jobs.

VV Helps cuz of the DA and Regain but could be better , I will agree on that
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 10:48:53  
That guy explained it quite well! Yeah, you generally cap fSTR with cruor buffs, merits, and meat even in Visions zones.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 10:49:46  
RR and GH. Third atma will be situational. SS, Apoc, Dark Depths, etc. Depends on what you need and what you're doing.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-08-10 10:51:04  
Ramuh.Austar said:
RR and GH. Third atma will be situational. SS, Apoc, Dark Depths, etc. Depends on what you need and what you're doing.

This.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-10 10:52:14  
That's what I do too.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-10 10:53:35  
GH is less damage than SS, why use GH over SS? Especially with feather step and Climactic Flourish.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 10:55:16  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
GH is less damage than SS, why use GH over SS?
Crit rate over damage for consistency. Feather step was tested to be 5%? at level 5. That's not a lot inside abyssea.

Random counters are fun too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-10 10:57:05  
Someone did the math that said SS is better for pure damage. I also pretty much NEVER counter with yonin and GH on as NIN :(
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 10:57:49  
Thought we were talking about DNC?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 10:59:33  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
That guy explained it quite well! Yeah, you generally cap fSTR with cruor buffs, merits, and meat even in Visions zones.
LMAO! Indeed he did.

Ramuh.Austar said:
Unless im FC (since I'm never on a mage job)
I've always tend to have apoc no matter what i was doing....for me the Instant RR was more then enough reason to keep it on. Not to mention the TA is rather nice and procs right often.

before i got C&D I used to tank/solo with RR,GH,Apoc

It's nice combo RR and GH go hand in hand. get the extra 25 Evasion (from the 50 AGI) not to mention the 20% hit rate from GH which would make you crit 50% of the time. Which I believe it cap for atma crit hit. That's just talking from atmas alone I'm sure it's more then 50% overall
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-10 11:00:58  
You wouldn't use Apoc in a situation where you'd have saber dance up at least 95% of the time.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-08-10 11:10:17  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Someone did the math that said SS is better for pure damage. I also pretty much NEVER counter with yonin and GH on as NIN :(

If that's true then it would be very close I would imagine. Though in the case of NIN I Would think the 50 Agi would push your Blade: Hi's high enough to outweigh SS. But I'll /end derail
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-10 11:11:29  
I said in an earlier post that GH is better than SS for kannagi NIN.

Quote:
Thought we were talking about DNC?

I have more counter on NIN, I'm saying the counter from GH shouldn't even be counted as a bonus, especially for evasive jobs with shadows.

Quote:
if I want pure damage, there are better jobs than dancer to bring though

how often is a dancer in a "you're just dding today" situations
I actually can't think of a situation I'd ever want to bring a dancer over any other job in the entire game, so we can't really argue that. If a DNC is there, they'll be doing nothing but DDing tbh, they have no other real use outside that anymore, especially inside abyssea. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see them mainhealing, proccing(cyclone and energy steal only?), yellowing(ninja nukes only) or blueing very often.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 11:12:40  
Ramuh.Austar said:
You wouldn't use Apoc in a situation where you'd have saber dance up at least 95% of the time.
Due to orginally tanking most of the time I end up taking Saber dance off

When I first got DNC to 75 my group 2 was:
Closed Position 5/5
Saber Dance 2/5
Fan Dance 3/5

Now:
No foot rise 5/5
Closed Position 2/5
Fan Dance 3/5

I might tweak that. I mainly got NFR 5/5 when I got Pyrrhic and got happy that I could pop Darkness real quick (amongst the ones i could do via steps anyway)

Edit: I guess since im hectic bout stuff since sometimes idk what'll go down so I have AoA on incase I do die atleast I can get back up (opposed to having one of the mages worry about raising me while the tank in trouble or somethin) or....in that rare lol situation......zombie'n something lol
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-08-10 11:16:25  
Well is that math earlier in this thread or elsewhere? Because I'm skeptical of it. Haven't done it myself but I'm not sure how much damage over normal hits my crits usually do to calculate it.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-10 11:25:00  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
If a DNC is there, they'll be doing nothing but DDing tbh, they have no other real use outside that anymore, especially inside abyssea. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see them mainhealing, proccing(cyclone and energy steal only?), yellowing(ninja nukes only) or blueing very often.
o.0 I actually tank rather often. Not better as say....nin (and to a certain extent thf) but you're right though if wanting an actual DD then yea DNC probably wouldnt be used much but are nice to have around for those extra "oh crap" heals....I've had many situations where tank or whoever had hate at the time would of died due to whm couldn't heal them fast enough but since I was there.....they lived :) so just a little handy person to have around....not to mention I can tank in case the main one goes down...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-10 11:26:00  
GH and SS are pretty comparable for an Evis DNC, maybe *slightly* favoring GH due to a relative abundance of critdmg+ via traits and Loki's Kaftan (particularly if TPing in it). I'd hazard a guess that Twashtar/Daka DNCs get more out of SS due to force crits, but GH is a nice utility atma in that it reduces TP fed and also gives you 25 evasion. Haven't tried to construct a good model of DNC damage lately though, it's kind of a pain with all the JA use involved.