Most Advantageous WHM Cure Potency Setup?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-03-28 13:18:32  
Sylph.Fugue said:
Very situational. Is any WHM really having any enmity issues at all recently though?

last time i had hate issue was at 75 doin byakko :p

with all those dmg tank deal if u pull hate of that u really need to quit whm XD
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-03-28 13:20:21  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:

well my whm aint my main job anymore so leavin +2 stuff to other ppl in my ls first n when i do play it its often to chill as whinja lol. i had noble but got rid of it with my new facio, if i need refresh i use relic body. i love the fact that it give my smn a little help on cure too

yea I'm still trying for a facio, we'll be spamming a ton of Orthrus for my LS soon maybe the next batch of Tier 1s I trade in will yield me a nice cure pot/refresh one :)

Sylph.Fugue said:
Is any WHM really having any enmity issues at all recently though?

nope, very rare ^^

I got a cure potency+10 refresh+1 one and i'll use it outside abyssea until i can afford a consistent cure potency set on other slots. I got a cure potency+12% and i'll use it inside abyssea where refresh is not a big issue.
Still trying to get a refresh+conserveMP and more than 10% on cure potency, with some luck i'll achieve a +14% D: Hope SE fix soon the issue with thropy exchange being a stressfull operation
 Caitsith.Jessi
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jessi
By Caitsith.Jessi 2011-03-28 13:42:22  
This is my build for cure potency

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/38549

Puts me at 50% cure potency with 70 MND.
 Titan.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Titan
user: MiavPigen
By Titan.Gaiarorshack 2011-03-29 03:54:49  
Quick whm noob question for my dual boxed cure machine
enmity- has a cap at 50 including gear atma and merits ?

im rocking MM and allura atma which is -20 and -30 emnity so form that i should hit the cap and enmity- merits its not giving me anything inside abyssea nor enmity- on gear ?
 Bismarck.Luftig
user: Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-01 09:46:36  
MM and allure should cap enmity-
 Bismarck.Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-01 09:55:46  
Caitsith.Jessi said:
This is my build for cure potency

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/38549

Puts me at 50% cure potency with 70 MND.

Which atmas are you using with this setup?
 Unicorn.Aleste
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Aleste
By Unicorn.Aleste 2011-04-01 10:00:20  
I've been using this most of the time:

There's obviously a few changes needed to get to perfect standards, (augur/marduk for example) but I'm content with 1,368 Cure V's and 1926 Cure VI's for the meantime (without brew or divine seal).

I wonder if it's possible to break 2k cure VI's inside abyssea...
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-01 10:14:30  
Unicorn.Aleste said:
I've been using this most of the time:

I wonder if it's possible to break 2k cure VI's inside abyssea...

Using the gear you posted, plus MND+ food and MND+ atma and MND+ cruor buff, I'm gonna say yes, 2k Cure 6 is possible.

Another option would be the light-based elemental Obi on Lightsday.
 Bismarck.Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-01 10:14:53  
allure MM ??

and are we talking most advantageous or most HP cured?
 Unicorn.Aleste
By Unicorn.Aleste 2011-04-01 10:20:01  
The 1926 cure6 (screenshot on profile) was with all 3 MND atmas, and goblin mushpot, plus day bonus (obi+twilight cape).
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-01 21:39:52  
(not in any particular order) Conserve mp, mp , refresh, haste, fastcast (and fastcast like effects), cure potency , emnity -, hp(maybe) > mnd for curing
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-02 00:16:53  
Hello Yekyaa :) I hope my experience with White Mage can help you make a decision.

First of all, I cap fast cast during precast so I do not rely on that gear while I cure. You will not see me relying on those pieces in my sets other than Orison Pantaloons +2 which I use for "Converts 5% of "Cure" amount to MP" and the 7 MND.

First, I would like to show a set without Orison Bliaud +2.

Stats:
Cure Potency : 50%, MND : +80, Refresh +1 (on the body if your lucky enough).

Cons:
- Lacks potentially two (or three) refresh from other mainstream builds.
- Does not take advantage of "Enhances "Afflatus Solace" effect" from the Orison Bliaud +2 body.
- Expensive, but worth it to me :)

Comments:
I am using this set atm until I get +2 body. I haven't been playing a lot lately due to reasons outside the game. So this is what I rely on atm. I actually substitute Cascade Belt for Pythia Sash +1 because I synthesized it myself.

Now, here are some Orison Bliaud +2 builds that I have come up with:

Stats:
Cure Potency : 49%, MND : +60, Afflatus Solace bonus effect, Refresh +2.

Cons:
- You loose out on 1% Cure Potency and 20 MND.

Pros:
- You gain 1 Refresh.
- You gain "Afflatus Solace bonus effect" from the body.

Comments:
To gain the benefit from Orison Bliaud +2 you have to make sacrifices, and that sacrifice is MND. And since this set does not have a 50% cure potency build, it lacks heavily.

- Without this body, you will need to cure at least 1200 HP to gain the full stoneskin effect at 25% HP cured for a max of 300.

- With this body you only need to cure 1143 HP to gain the full stoneskin effect of 35% HP cured for a max of 400.

So, even though this set lacks 1% cure potency and 20 MND, in the end the 100 HP bonus to stoneskin wins over the first set provided.

Stats:
Cure Potency : 50%, MND : +43, Afflatus Solace bonus effect, Refresh +3, Regen +1.

Cons:
- You loose 37 MND compared to the first set provided.
- You loose 24 MND compared to the first Orison Bliaud +2 set.
- IMO Serpent armor is a handicap preventing the use of more useful gear.
- You end up curing for less than the previous build.

Pros:
- You gain two (or three) refresh over the first set.
- You gain 1% more Cure Potency than the first Orison Bliaud +2 set making up for the lost MND.

Comments:
Pretty much what I said in the first Orison Bliaud +2 comment.

Except... your using way to many armor spaces for Cure Potency gear. Yea, your reaching the cap, but your using so many spaces that you could be using MND for. And I HATE serpent armor, it is such a waste to be using for curing in my opinion. The fact that you need to take up TWO spots just to get 5% Cure Potency says it all. If you want the refresh just switch to them while your Idle :\

Stats:
Cure Potency : 50%, MND : +50, Afflatus Solace bonus effect, Refresh +3, Regen +1.

Cons:
- You must lower your HP to <75% for Medicine Ring to activate. So basically only WHM's that care about their job that much would bother using it.
- You loose 30 MND compared to the first set.
- IMO Serpent armor is a handicap preventing the use of more useful gear.
- Expenisve.

Pros:
- You gain two (or three) refresh over the first set.
- You Gain 7 MND over the 2nd Orison Bliaud +2 set.

Comments:
In my opinion if your a White Mage that is willing to go out and get Medicine Ring to work then you are above average. Yes, you don't need the ring, but to me that is being lazy and cheap! There is nothing wrong with that, there are some people who don't want to get extra armor to lower their hp, and also fear they might die more because of it (and you might die more). And again, I hate serpent armor. Read above on Orison Bliaud +2 #2 to know why.

And finally...

Stats:
Cure Potency : 50%, MND : +63, Afflatus Solace bonus effect, Refresh +2.

Cons:
- You must lower your HP to <75% for Medicine Ring to activate. So basically only WHM's that care about their job that much would bother using it.
- You loose 17 MND compared to the first set, but you make up for that with the body.

Pros:
- You gain two (or only one) refresh over the first set, but you can always use Serpent gear in your Idle set!
- You gain 1% Cure Potency and 3 MND compared to the first Orison Bliaud +2 set, You gain 20 MND compared to the second Orison Bliaud +2 set, you gain 13 MND comared to the third Orison Bliaud +2 set while still having 50% Cure Potency.
- You get rid of the stupid Serpent gear clogging your equipment slots.

Comments:
In my opinion this is the best set you can have while using Orison Bliaud +2. You gain so much while keeping the use of Cure Potency gear down to a minimum (5!, compared to 8 in the second Orison Bliaud +2 set, but only 4 was used in the very first set). Yes, you loose the refresh from Serpent armor but you can always switch to those pieces while your not casting!

Yes, you do have to use Medicine Ring, but if your serious about your WHM you'll understand the importance of doing so.

Also, As I've said in my first set I actually substitute Cascade Belt for Pythia Sash +1 because I synthesized it myself.

Other Armor:
- I would suggest not using Serpent Gear for curing, they are nice for Idle though :), unless you have heralds, but you can put heralds on when you need to run.
- Sirona's Ring looks nice, but infact it only adds up to 6 MND.
- Aqua Sachet is just the same as Quartz Tathlum. I just like how it looks :)
- Let's not forget Bibiki Seashell, it has 4 VIT, and if you can't get Aqua Sachet or Quartz Tathlum for some reason then it is a nice old school choice.
- Don't forget to use Korin Obi and Twilight Cape during Lightsday and Light Weather!

Conclusion:
In the end our job is simply to keep our party alive and any set will complete the job. But how you gear out your whm is based on how you feel about the job and if you want to go all out that is up to you. The most important thing is that we should love the job and take it seriously but also have fun doing it.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-02 00:28:34  
Unicorn.Aleste said:
The 1926 cure6 (screenshot on profile) was with all 3 MND atmas, and goblin mushpot, plus day bonus (obi+twilight cape).

Just to let you know, the max possible you could get with light weather usin obi and twilight is 2052, so it is entirely possible.

With my first set posted of 50% Cure Potency and 80 MND with Goblin Mushpot (10 MND i believe), Undying Atma, Allure Atma, Desert Worm/Fallen One/Glutinous Ooze/Lake Lurker Atmas you'll end up with:

Healing Magic: 361
MND: 264-294 (94 Base, 80 Gear, 80-110 Atma, 10 Food)
VIT: 81
Light Weather (Korin Obi and Twilight Cape)

This would hit the absolute Cap of 2052.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-02 00:28:57  
Have you actually calculated the benefit of 1% curepot vs 17+ MND at 49% base curepot? The results might surprise you.

AF3+2 body raises cureskin to 35% iirc but don't quote me on that.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-02 00:31:40  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Have you actually calculated the benefit of 1% curepot vs 17+ MND at 49% base curepot? The results might surprise you.

AF3+2 body raises cureskin to 35% iirc but don't quote me on that.

Thanks...its late haha, I'll edit that.

Also,

Set: Cure Potency : 49%, MND : +67, Afflatus Solace bonus effect, Refresh +2.

Healing Magic Skill: 386 (25 on body and hands)
Total MND: 161
Total VIT: 81
Cure Potency: 49%
Cure V: 1080
Cure VI: 1440

vs

Set: Cure Potency : 50%, MND : +50, Afflatus Solace bonus effect, Refresh +3, Regen +1.

Healing Magic Skill: 381 (20 on body)
Total MND: 144
Cure Potency: 50%
Cure V: 1081
Cure VI: 1410

vs

Set: Cure Potency : 50%, MND : +63, Afflatus Solace bonus effect, Refresh +2.

Healing Magic Skill: 396 (35 on body and hands)
Total MND: 157
Cure V: 1095
Cure VI: 1446

vs the non Orison Bliaud +2 build:

Set: Cure Potency : 50%, MND : +80, Refresh +1 (on the body if your lucky enough).

Healing Magic Skill: 366 (5 skill on gloves)
Total MND: 174
Cure V: 1104
Cure VI: 1471

Still not worth it unless your not using Afflatus Solace :P
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-02 01:23:04  
Caitsith.Jessi said:

Hey Jessi <3333333 just noticed you posted :)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-02 17:52:37  
In addition to my post above I want to add a precast set.

Let's not debate what sub is better because that is not what this is for. This is simply to show what would be needed for the two main subjobs.

Also, none of these account for Cure Cast Time merits. In my opinion it is a waste putting them in merits when you can boost Regen potency and Barspell potency.

With Red Mage sub you get Fast Cast II, which is -15% Cast Time.

As you may notice there are only three items here, that is because they all add up to be -37% casting time. With the cap of 50% that is all a /rdm would need. Aceso's Choker does have VIT -4, so be careful and make sure you switch that out before you finish casting because it will lower your final cure (even if its just a little bit, [Cure Potency > MND > VIT > Healing Magic] all affect the cure formula).

With Scholar sub you get Light Arts which lowers White Magic casting time by 10%. Scholar has Celerity but I'm not going to bother with that.

or

Depending on if you have Marduk's Jubbah or not you may have to use Loquacious Earring and Incantor Stone. Whichever way you choose to go, or you have access to, you'll hit the 50% cap no matter what.

These are simple things you can do to make your white mage more efficient and save people in tight spots which could make the difference between success and failure in some rare cases.

Some other gear that would be worth mentioning are:

Winged Wand [wiki] - Reduces cast time by 2%
Veela Cape [wiki] - Reduces cast time by 2%
Capricornian Rope [wiki] - Cure spellcasting time -1%
Vivid Strap [wiki] - Grants a 1% Bonus to Fast Cast
Vivid Strap +1 [wiki] - Grants a 1% Bonus to Fast Cast
Nebula Houppelande +1 [wiki] - ????
Nebula Cuffs +1 [wiki] - ????
Nebula Slops +1 [wiki] - ????
[+]
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-04-04 00:01:01  
So in abyssea, using

with allure and undying, and cruor buffs Cure V did 1215. From what I'm understanding, this would cure for more overall, including the cureskin? So I wouldn't have to use orison body +2 for the best overall cure?
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-04 02:00:12  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
So in abyssea, using

with allure and undying, and cruor buffs Cure V did 1215. From what I'm understanding, this would cure for more overall, including the cureskin? So I wouldn't have to use orison body +2 for the best overall cure?

Use af +2 body and use atma of rescuer?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-04 02:21:05  
Good lord at all the people wasting their atma slot for atma of allure.... Also to add to the fast cast gear there is ACP body with 5% and MKD hat with 3~5% as well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-04 02:24:53  
Also, provided stun works, /blm is the best sub for whm unless you need dispel for proc when low man.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-04 02:42:22  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Good lord at all the people wasting their atma slot for atma of allure.... Also to add to the fast cast gear there is ACP body with 5% and MKD hat with 3~5% as well.

I actually like Allure for the MND for Slow/Para. Otherwise, yes I agree, it's a wasted atma slot.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-04-04 02:49:14  
You guys are so pimp!!
 Shiva.Aaralyn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Aaralyn
By Shiva.Aaralyn 2011-04-04 02:53:43  
I have this..

I'm just buzzed and mathmatically challenged, but I did manage to catch that it's +60 mind, and not 67. You have 3 aqualsoul rings in there.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-04 15:47:23  
Shiva.Aaralyn said:
...I'm just buzzed and mathmatically challenged, but I did manage to catch that it's +60 mind, and not 67. You have 3 aqualsoul rings in there.

I was pretty tired when I posted that, thanks for catching that mistake and I fixed it :)
 Unicorn.Aleste
By Unicorn.Aleste 2011-04-04 16:16:00  
Quote:

Just to let you know, the max possible you could get with light weather usin obi and twilight is 2052, so it is entirely possible.

Awesome.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-04-22 16:55:33  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

What's the ideal WHM atma set?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-22 17:33:24  
Unicorn.Nitsuj said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Don't listen to him. He thinks apoc is a must for mages
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 17:47:38  
Nuking mages certainly don't need Apoc, but I don't see much reason not to use it on WHM. Don't have to worry about remembering reraise, Quick Magic is certainly convenient, and the TA is nice if you're helping with procs. Arguably far more useful than Allure in many situations, but anything past whatever refresh you need is of minor benefit regardless.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-22 17:50:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Nitsuj said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Don't listen to him. He thinks apoc is a must for mages

Really? I have never once said that, I said its better than Allure. It also has its uses for BLM, but we already disagree on that. One thing for sure, its way better than allure for WHM in many situations.
[+]