Most Advantageous WHM Cure Potency Setup?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
 Sylph.Starstrukk
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2011-03-28 03:21:51  
Ifrit.Jurai said:
I love everyone says stuff about adding it into spellcast for midcast etc 'start with..' but I never really seen anyone do it.

Really? Like everyone I know does...

Ifrit.Jurai said:
I'm not having my char blinking every spell to heal 10 more hp- too annoying..

You should be blinking anyway from changing out of idle.

Blinkmenot?...
[+]
 Sylph.Idkbro
user: idkbro
By Sylph.Idkbro 2011-03-28 03:23:34  
Sylph.Starstrukk said:
Ifrit.Jurai said:
I love everyone says stuff about adding it into spellcast for midcast etc 'start with..' but I never really seen anyone do it.

Really? Like everyone I know does...

Ifrit.Jurai said:
I'm not having my char blinking every spell to heal 10 more hp- too annoying..

You should be blinking anyway from changing out of idle.

Blinkmenot?...

Yes ^

Starstrukk, you should take over from here, I'm going to bed.
And I know your WHM is good.

Gogogogogo. Educate others.
[+]
 Asura.Takinagi
サーバ: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-03-28 03:23:48  
Blinkmenot?!

Thats cheating!
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-03-28 04:16:49  
Does the 10% cure potency of rescuer atma counts toward cure potency cap or is calculated out of that?
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2011-03-28 04:23:33  
it counts toward cap
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-28 04:35:31  
Ifrit.Jurai said:
Med ring does not work like Sorc ring. It needs pure yellow <75% to work.. Zenith etc doesn't help for the Medicine ring.

And what's up TripleB? First post on this thread was kinda random- want to play better! lol

Pretty sure it works like sorc ring regarding cruor buffs, so you need 75% of your hp without cruor buffs.
 Caitsith.Ganukay
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2011-03-28 04:40:47  
I idle in this:

And cure in this:

Only thing my cure set is missing is marduk's feet. Medicine ring always procs, this way, I just idle in lower HP than most. Works for me in and out of abyssea.
 Seraph.Rof
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2011-03-28 06:34:44  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Pretty sure it works like sorc ring regarding cruor buffs, so you need 75% of your hp without cruor buffs.

No
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-28 06:45:08  
Seraph.Rof said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

No

Are you 100% sure?

Edit: Meh, I'm buying some gear to test it really quick now, just to make sure >_>
Give me a few min
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-28 07:03:12  
Ok nvm, it works even with cruor buffs!
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-28 11:15:28  
not sure why everyone is going on and on about the best cure set possible and not covering what's been covered in the other thread. Also to answer the OP you got very close but your answer can be found below :)

Without the use of a medicine ring below is the absolute most beneficial cure set available today (cap 90)

This will give the most "cureskin" possible while maximizing MND and cure potency (49%) combo to give the biggest cure with biggest cureskin etc.

You also don't need to sacrifice an atma slot to get close to cure potency cap (50%)

The only changes you can make if you want which won't effect cure amounts or cureskin amounts are equal swaps in grip for +3 MND or equal swap in Waist for +7 MND or equal swap in Ammo for +2 MND those pieces you can be flexible in.

Of course like people mentioned macro in your precast fastcast gear ammo/neck/earring/cure clogs as you see fit.

Also not saying that the item sets that were posted aren't great I'm just saying that this itemset will yield the best without using a med ring to proc. &/or cure potency atma.

Maybe when the next Suyras upgrade comes out we can drop Orison earring and hit a cool 50%?
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-28 11:24:38  

We've had this thread/discussion already fairly recently.
As previous stated, I agree with Tweeek.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-28 11:34:46  
One consideration if you're having to spam cures or at risk of having hate for another reason (single target hate reset, low damage output) is -enmity. MM gives -10, Tweek's set gives -13, and there's room for a fair bit more (Acerbic Sash, Trooper's Ring, Metanoia Ring, Pax Grip, White Tathlum if you have one lying around). If you have -enmity merits that'll cap you at -50, otherwise it's still -46. Given the high output of your cures, the minor loss in MND may largely go unnoticed due to overcuring and with that much -enmity it's pretty much impossible for a WHM to build any VE.

If you're using Allure or simply in no danger of taking hate in an undesirable situation then obviously this is completely unnecessary and Tweek's set is the way to go, but it's worth thinking about.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-28 11:49:06  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
One consideration if you're having to spam cures or at risk of having hate for another reason (single target hate reset, low damage output) is -enmity. MM gives -10, Tweek's set gives -13, and there's room for a fair bit more (Acerbic Sash, Trooper's Ring, Metanoia Ring, Pax Grip, White Tathlum if you have one lying around). If you have -enmity merits that'll cap you at -50, otherwise it's still -46. Given the high output of your cures, the minor loss in MND may largely go unnoticed due to overcuring and with that much -enmity it's pretty much impossible for a WHM to build any VE. If you're using Allure or simply in no danger of taking hate in an undesirable situation then obviously this is completely unnecessary and Tweek's set is the way to go, but it's worth thinking about.
I agree with this alot.

I can't wait til 90+ when we aren't always in Abyssea and there are going to be hords of whm's that have no idea what -emn is only know how to cure spam..and won't be able to keep MP. It will be funny.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-28 12:07:31  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
One consideration if you're having to spam cures or at risk of having hate for another reason (single target hate reset, low damage output) is -enmity. MM gives -10, Tweek's set gives -13, and there's room for a fair bit more (Acerbic Sash, Trooper's Ring, Metanoia Ring, Pax Grip, White Tathlum if you have one lying around). If you have -enmity merits that'll cap you at -50, otherwise it's still -46. Given the high output of your cures, the minor loss in MND may largely go unnoticed due to overcuring and with that much -enmity it's pretty much impossible for a WHM to build any VE. If you're using Allure or simply in no danger of taking hate in an undesirable situation then obviously this is completely unnecessary and Tweek's set is the way to go, but it's worth thinking about.
I agree with this alot.

I can't wait til 90+ when we aren't always in Abyssea and there are going to be hords of whm's that have no idea what -emn is only know how to cure spam..and won't be able to keep MP. It will be funny.

Except for the WHM's who were pros before Abyssea was released. It's not too difficult to switch into Blessed Trousers, Healer's Mitts +1, Facio Bliaut, and Pax Grip if you're worried about Enmity as WHM.

In my opinion, it's the NIN's and MNK's who will have the difficultly readjusting if/when FFXI returns to non-Abyssea life. NIN's will have to relearn how to hold hate without Razed Ruins. MNK's will have to relearn how to not take thousands of HP worth of damage every few seconds, since there will be no absurd Cruor HP buffs and no unlimited MP available to the healers.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-28 12:19:56  
Yea that set does not account for -enm on purpose for Cure V's and Cure VI's personally I use a slightly different set for Cure IV's and if in the future I found it would make more sense to balance out my -enm rather than maximizing potential cure+cureskin (I don't even own the pieces in the *most ideal* set) I was just offering it as how to hit the highest numbers without atmas/med ring :)

personally I'm still @ 50% without my +2 body and couldn't think about dropping my noble(or facio if I ever get a good augment) until I get my hands on a Roundel
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-28 12:20:58  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Blessed Trousers
?

Not sure why we're giving up cureskin enhancement for -4 enmity either but ok.

Quote:
NIN's will have to relearn how to hold hate without Razed Ruins.
What is there to relearn about dealing damage? Jin users will be using basically the exact same sets as they do now, Hi users will need to adjust to uncapped dDEX but even without doing so they'll still outpace healing enmity.

Quote:
MNK's will have to relearn how to not take thousands of HP worth of damage every few seconds
If your MNKs are doing this now they weren't good to begin with.

Quote:
no unlimited MP available to the healers.
6-7 refresh in gear, 2.5 from Refresh, a variable amount from Convert (~5/tic), plus the 5% return from AF3+2 legs (which I severely underestimated in the past), plus the potential for BRD ballads (9/tic), Refresh II (4.5/tic over self-Refresh), utilization of Mystic Boon, COR rolls, and SMN perp. ~13/tic solo is quite significant given that damage taken will be limited by our massively reduced max HP pools.
[+]
By Jurges 2011-03-28 12:21:15  
There's many different ways to approach a cure set. My philosophy is Cure Potency > Fast Cast > MND. Many people prefer Cure casting time, but in my experience, I do just fine with this build and the Fast Cast has a broader range with other spells. I still would like to finish Mardhuk feet and maybe throw in another Aquasoul.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/206634

Also, I'm not going to waste an atma on Cure Potency. 90% of the time I'm lowmanning so I'd rather take care of stuff that will help me land enfeebs etc. Just my opinion though.

Keep in mind the next update will most likely be outside of abyssea, so you need to be planning accordingly
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-28 12:22:29  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Yea that set does not account for -enm on purpose for Cure V's and Cure VI's personally I use a slightly different set for Cure IV's and if in the future I found it would make more sense to balance out my -enm rather than maximizing potential cure+cureskin (I don't even own the pieces in the *most ideal* set) I was just offering it as how to hit the highest numbers without atmas/med ring :)

personally I'm still @ 50% without my +2 body and couldn't think about dropping my noble(or facio if I ever get a good augment) until I get my hands on a Roundel
I was referring to C5/6, no point in using C4 in Abyssea. Like I said, it's a situational consideration. Most of the time your set would be at least as effective.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-28 12:29:39  
My whm set is far from perfect but it puts me at 50% which is fine with me. I don't even like upgrading whm equip's but I feel I have too since I am on it so much.

>< I would much rather be on a different job..but no one else in my group has whm level'd /jokesonme
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-03-28 12:32:33  
The only real change for mnks would be maybe having to relay on /NIN a bit more depending on fights.

Counterstance is still a hell of a JA.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-03-28 12:39:36  
I agree with the post about enmity. The first WHM in my linkshell to hit the cure potency cap died more than anyone else in the dynamis alliance.

That's why my set on the previous page included Novia and other enmity gear (but still needs medicine ring)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-03-28 12:51:56  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Considering how rare the roundel earring is. Wouldn't it be better to go with that battle trophy body that has 12% potency or so on it with a refresh and maybe conserve MP?

0/20ish attempt so far, got a few refresh+1 or cure+11% with conserve mp but never all 3 together :s

i went like 1/35ish on my blm coat so need to try at least 15 more XD
they need to get a way to get more than one trophy when u trade them at npc cuz its so annoying
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-28 12:57:03  
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:
Considering how rare the roundel earring is. Wouldn't it be better to go with that battle trophy body that has 12% potency or so on it with a refresh and maybe conserve MP?

0/20ish attempt so far, got a few refresh+1 or cure+11% with conserve mp but never all 3 together :s

they need to get a way to get more than one trophy when u trade them at npc cuz its so annoying

the point of the +2 body vs Facio/Noble is taking advantage of extra 10% cureskin. without the roundel earring you can not get above 45% cure potency while taking advantage of the 10% cureskin (not including a med ring or atma or healing feather) that's why the roundel earring is still so valuable today. If your primary goal is to hit 50% cure potency without using the cureskin bonus from AF3 body then there are far cheaper ways to get there without a roundel
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2011-03-28 12:58:18  

The point of all above sets is to profit from the refresh 2mp/tick and afflatus solace effect of AF3+2 body while mantaining cure potency capped, that is possible at the moment only with roundel earring
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-03-28 13:02:28  

Gonna say no.

The point of using Roundel Earring (on WHM) is to allow yourself to be free of needing Cure Potency from the Body slot. Orison body +2 gives 2 MP/tick auto-refresh and increases the cap for Stoneskin bonus provided by cures with Afflatus Solace active. Those are invaluable bonuses for an endgame WHM.

I'm not suggesting that every WHM needs to have Roundel Earring. Rather, if you're serious about WHM, it is worth trying to obtain one, despite the price. If you are fortunate enough to have a Roundel Earring, please take advantage of not having to use Noble's Tunic anymore.

It's still a good call to try for augmented Facio Bliaut though, for your enmity- gear set.

edit: looks like Tweeek and Kogenta already posted this while I was typing.
 Bismarck.Lighttaru
user: lighttaru
By Bismarck.Lighttaru 2011-03-28 13:02:47  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:

the point of the +2 body vs Facio/Noble is taking advantage of extra 10% cureskin. without the roundel earring you can not get above 45% cure potency while taking advantage of the 10% cureskin (not including a med ring or atma or healing feather) that's why the roundel earring is still so valuable today. If your primary goal is to hit 50% cure potency without using the cureskin bonus from AF3 body then there are far cheaper ways to get there without a roundel
well my whm aint my main job anymore so leavin +2 stuff to other ppl in my ls first n when i do play it its often to chill as whinja lol. i had noble but got rid of it with my new facio, if i need refresh i use relic body. i love the fact that it give my smn a little help on cure too
 Sylph.Fugue
user: Clave
By Sylph.Fugue 2011-03-28 13:06:39  
Very situational. White Mages should invest in an -Enmity set, but not for those two spells. Is any WHM really having any enmity issues at all recently though? Honestly if you're pulling hate with Cure V or VI, which have static low hate regardless of how much HP you cure, there is probably something -else- wrong... especially if this is in abyssea where melee jobs are buffed way more than your capability of getting enmity is. Admittedly I'm rarely on WHM anymore myself, but I pretty much always have one with me. Never have any trouble, and we do a lot of lowman stuff.

I can't think of any situations where I wouldn't use an optimized cure set for those two spells honestly, even in those in which enmity is more relevant. Only situation I can think of right now is on NMs with hate reset in some form in lowman(duo, perhaps). From personal experience, even with these NMs I tend to get hate back with a melee round or two as a melee, or maybe a WS. Lately my experience lies more in abyssea, but this has been the case for me outside it as well.

Curaga is another matter, I would definitely invest in -enmity for it. It does have its uses and gets used by me, unlike Cure IV.

Cure IV... I rarely use it even outside abyssea. I'd rather V even if I don't cure for its full amount, for many reasons... unless it's about exactly Cure IV's healing range. If it's smaller than that, I'd probably Cure III. MP is rarely an issue.

More on original topic: As mentioned in the other Cure Potency thread, I think Tweeek's got the best proposed set, and should be aimed for. I hope obtaining Roundel Earring becomes easier in some way or another. Either adding it to other places, or making the BCs more accessible... the conditions are rarely ever met.

@Mijin Gakure: I share your pain of trying to convince my dynamis ls that barfira did nothing to help against Mijin Gakure. Even after testing was provided, they still wanted barfira "just in case". /rage

Edit: Holy sht like 9 posts between when I started typing and when I sent it in. Then again I did write a novel of a forum post.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-28 13:06:42  
Bismarck.Lighttaru said:

well my whm aint my main job anymore so leavin +2 stuff to other ppl in my ls first n when i do play it its often to chill as whinja lol. i had noble but got rid of it with my new facio, if i need refresh i use relic body. i love the fact that it give my smn a little help on cure too

yea I'm still trying for a facio, we'll be spamming a ton of Orthrus for my LS soon maybe the next batch of Tier 1s I trade in will yield me a nice cure pot/refresh one :)

Sylph.Fugue said:
Is any WHM really having any enmity issues at all recently though?

nope, very rare ^^